/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB63)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?62008-Open-Beta-63-Patch-Notes-November-15

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist) (may contain outdated info)
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) (may contain outdated info)
youtube.com/watch?v=a8zkWCiKcbM&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

>Paladins VIP
paladins.com/vip/

>Reveal Trailer (Vivian):
youtube.com/watch?v=QzTHIF-IPuA

>PTS (Play Test Server):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13102-Joining-Paladins-PTS-and-Contributing-to-Development-September-27th-2016

>PTS Steam Version:
steam://install/596350

>PTS Bug Reporting (OB63):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?61992-OB63-PTS-Bug-Reporting-thread

>OP Template
pastebin.com/zYHWhTLY

Previous thread:

I have never seen a patch as bad as OB64

Aside from the new legendaries, what exactly made people angry? In details please.

casual is now grind 2 win, like real badly

How exactly?

uninstalled
by palgays

You will need to open like 10k chests with enchanted key to unlock everything. That's how bad it is.

Unlock what? I haven't watched the live stream and shit.

Is TF2 still fun? Haven't played it since 2013, but now I'm thinking about giving it a shot again.

and if you read carefully, they are planning to make the chest buyable with crystals again in the future, making it also literally P2W.

who the fuck thought it was a good idea to strip out all of the strategy and deckbuilding that differentiated this game from overwatch
the depth of the card system and the ability to build decks to counter other popular decks made this game so much more engaging than >pick a different hero lol
i'm so mad right now jesus christ this better not go through

>call it quick-play mode
>make everyone play ranked instead

Alongside Paladins, I play TF2. It's still pretty fun after all these years. Casual match is a bitch though.

casual is p2w and in ranked you can no longer allocate deck points, everything is just level 3

there are now 5 levels to each cards. Veteran players get their cards converted into lvl 3 and new players get all lvl 1 cards. To upgrade cards, you need to get that specific card drop from radiant chest. No more essence so either you get that specific card you want as a dupe or you won't be able to upgrade anything.
Also, you plan on just playing casually? good luck with that since casual now have 25pts decks and noobs will go in with all lvl 1 cards vs people with lvl 5 cards.

Reminder this is just a hirez PR move so they can pretend they listen to the players when they pull back on the changes

DESU I've never needed more than one build per legendary, at most. And I'm not even bothering with most of legendary.

What annoys me is inability to reduce power of cards if you feel more comfortable with weaker versions - Cassie's roll distance, Evie's soar speed, etc.

I already switched to Dirty Bomb, just here to see the chaos unfold.

I HOPE you are right

>replaces t b h with DESU
for what purpose

You can't even p2w because of how much this shit actually cost.

let me play with you

>make p2w too expensive to actually be p2w
Brilliant.

how new

hirez reminds me of me when I was a kid. I'd sell cans of coke in school and kept upping the prices I once sold a can for £5

baka desu senpai

I play on SEA though.

what will this game look like when it finally releases

Why We’re Changing Things

We’ve been listening to our players. And we’ve learned that different players want different things from Paladins.
Some players just want to have fun and do cool things. They want an epic experience that’s even more over-the-top than Paladins is today, unconstrained by the more cumbersome aspects of deckbuilding and point limits.
Competitive players want the most balanced, hardcore game possible. And they dislike having to unlock cards before they can play a new Champ in a competitive mode and create their own loadout.
We want to make Paladins into a better game for both of these groups.

Were there any pros who wanted this

Yeah, so what was them setting Tribes: Ascend on fire and trying to piss out the flames? Another PR move?

i just want deck points to still be a thing in ranked

So let me get this shit straight:
-Since there's no more essence, all cards are now unlocked
-However, all of them starts in either ranked 1 or 3 (depending on how long you've played this game) with 5 being the maximum.
-The part in which you adjust what level/how strong your card is now gone
-The only way to increase the level of a card is through drops in chests, which will take a while to upgrade specific cards
-Even in casual matches, the rules applies. You can have teammates and/or enemies with level 1 cards

Well shit, I understand why people are mad now. I hope this won't make it live or the very least is temporary. Since Tencent owns a part of Paladins, I don't think this will last long due to the backlash. If this will go on, I hope things will be better then expected.

I hope things will go well since out of all the Hero shooter games, this is the only one that made me interested. Not sure if it's enough to make me drop it honestly, at least for some time.

With the amount of stupid changes Martini did the game won't survive long enough to see release.

They're making the same mistake Ogrebotch did and continues to do. This shit literally goes back to Biblical times: you cannot have two masters. You can't go both casual and hardcore. You end up pissing off both and pleasing neither. Nobody wanted these changes.

to add on to this, all ranked matches will force the level of every card in your deck to 3, so as to promote a "balanced, hardcore game"

when will holt be put in charge?

In Ranked, every card are now locked at lvl 3 so we have less customization now, the thing that made the game unique.

Press S to spit on Martini.

h-hey you can get 10 champion chests every day though!

s

S

The difference between a lvl 1 and lvl 5 cards is too noticeable.
>Impasse gains 12/24/36/48/60% more Damage Reduction from Earthen Guard.
also this

It's already P2W since you can level up your VIP, purchase boosters and gold weapons to significantly reduce said grind even if you can't purchase chests with crystals directly.

I'm willing to put up with a lot but if this doesn't get slapped the fuck down I'm done. Fuck Martini, this is why soyboys shouldn't be heading game design.

easy fix is making upgrades purchasable

You can buy class legendary keys still, so thats a a level 2 legendary for a new player and all they have to do is spend money

easy fix is reverting to before Vivian was introduced

In match with crystals!

easy fix is adding a loli champ

easy fix is reverting to OB43

That's not a fix at all because the customization will still have been removed from ranked, and casual will still be unplayable because level 1 noobs with objectively worse cards will be getting shat all over by pay2winners with level 5 in everything where it's all broken as fuck.

why didn't hirez just make a new game mode where you could build any deck with level 5 cards and have it separate from casual and comp

So which new cards got upgraded with the 5th tier? I see a lot of cards that were 25/50/75/100 now became 20/40/60/80/100 and so on. Any noticable cards that got a boost?

oh my days memestacks will be even more unbeatable

Maybe it'll be a reward for leveling all cards for all champions to level 5!

easy fix is buffing maeve
>tfw they actually buffed her in the way I always wanted by giving pounce more damage but they attach it to my fav legendary then give her a new op sounding one and fuck with everything else in the game
at least my meme speed loadout might be better this way but those other changes to prowl etc. might hurt it.

All the Legendary cards have their current scaling at level 3 so they are stronger than they are now at level 5, I believe.

Won't a fuckton of champions be shit in ranked now, since the previous legendaries and deck cards that were in use are now weaker at rank 3?

If you were to look at this from a different angle why do they think this is a good thing to do exactly?

>BK can now 3 shot Fernando
Press S to spot on Martini i suppose

yes

BALANCED HARDCORE GAME

Even if they added only the new leggos it would have rewritten the meta for months, but with forced15 in ranked and card leveling they have struck a blow from which the game will never recover. I almost want to stay home from work to complain about how bad these changes are.

probably an efficient way to kill something off quickly if have a new project and you don't want to split funds between them

console players disliked the complexity of the card system
-t. Someone who has access to the ingame poll results

>lex can now press 2 buttons to kill everyone in the game every 10 seconds

I just can't grasp how a group of designers sat down for a meeting and decided to do THIS, then patted each other on the back for being geniuses, shook hands and went back to snorting coke.

What the fuck is wrong with them
Who thought these legendaries were ok?

B U L L Y C O N S O L E F A G S A N D C H I N E S E

If that's the case then console players are retarded, and listening to polls and surveys has never ever been a good idea.
t. console player who really enjoyed the loadout customization

holy shit it's just for quickplay don't be so fuckin no fun allowed nerd play comp if you care so much fuck

Why was it necessary to change Casual into "lol fuck balance just have fun 2 shotting people" mode in the first place?

You are a minority.
Another fun fact, the PC to Console ratio of players is roughly 1:3. So everything PC players say will be largely ignored since they don't count on the grand scheme of things. PC is only for commercial shit like competitive scene and so

Source?

Apologize.

That whole fucking survey was just a push poll

It was aimed to push a decision that was already being made. So that when the suits come by, the devs can whip out the results and be like "see? We listen to the players!"

see Some players like dumb meme arcade shit, which is fine, but they decided to overhaul the entire card system just for them
the game is now the equivalent of a x10 tf2 server, but only those who've been grinding get to do all the whacky shit
there's comp too I guess lol

>implying quickplay will be any better with forcefully gimped loadouts.

FUCK, meant comp

Drybear wanted to do the same thing but he didn't because people raged of fury

Man some of the new legendaries actually looks fun
To bad the new system is so shit

How long until weapons have different stats like in tf2?

They really should fix the Inara bug on PTS immediately if they want any """serious""" testing to take place during next week

I mean I might play ranked now since between memestacks and p2winners it's the most balanced mode despite pick advantage and counterpicking

Does the PTS still download every single patch and takes forever?

Took me 2 minutes to set up on Steam

So in the end, it's all the console ppayers' fault.

As expected.

It's going to be fine. There's another patch a week later which is obviously going to be to make quick balance changes to the super broken cards.

This will most likely include the new makoa legendary and new bk legendary.

A few people from pug server I'm in said the new patch is pretty fun. Obviously a lot of balance changes are going to be made for ob65.

This

As a console player I do nothing but complain about mobility and complexity all day on reddit

Even if they get the balance right they are taking customization out of comp and making casual unplayable and grindy.

PTS is up you dolt.

Yeah, they're trying to make their competitive queues faster and more populated. By giving new players access to all the cards it would be more accessible and less daunting for new players initially. New players would have more freedom to try out the game.

Competitive is not used because queues are super long. My average queue times in master are like 12 minutes.

Ranked is different, you get better matches overall but you can't play it exclusively because of the tryhard nature of it, you need casual, onslaught and test maps to chill. You will only be able to play 1/3 of the champs (meta) in ranked.
The thing is though, even in casual people won't get those lvl 5 cards AT ALL, not even whales, given the current leggo drop rate (like 1% or less) and it takes 10 dupes for a lvl 5 leggo. Everyone will have them at lvl 3 or lvl 1 if you are a cuck new player because fuck them.
I refuse to believe consoles have that many players or even more than PC, give me proof

How do you balance cards that go like this?
>25/50/75/100/125
It's retarded. Imagine new players facing someone with rank 5 cards. I would just uninstall immediately.

It's only a slight advantage get gud

So what? Comp doesn't have to be super active, it should be for players who really want to compete, when they want to compete. Now everybody will be crammed into comp despite not wanting to be there because casual is unplayable.

Overripoff

>PTS is up you dolt.
Yeah and Inara deals 20k damage, have fun trying to test anything.