/pg/ - Persona General

Previous Da Man Edition

NEWS
>Atlus' online shop is now open: shop.atlus.com/
>Yukiko confirmed for Blazblue Cross Tag Battle: personacentral.com/yukiko-announced-playable-persona-character-blazblue-cross-tag-battle/
>Chie confirmed for Blazblue Cross Tag Battle: personacentral.com/chie-announced-playable-persona-character-blazblue-cross-tag-battle/
>Yosuke confirmed for BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle: personacentral.com/yosuke-announced-playable-persona-character-blazblue-cross-tag-battle/
>Persona 4 featured in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle: personacentral.com/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-announced-features-persona-4-arena/
>Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night revealed: persona-dance.jp/
>Persona Q2 revealed: pq2.jp
>Persona 5 anime coming in 2018: personacentral.com/persona-5-animation-announced-air-2018/

GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona ISOs
mega.nz/#F!5iQAGTLB!U1LUUTLtawRdsWSDDFSAQQ
>Persona Super Live P-Sound Bomb!!!! 2017 concert
mega.nz/#F!FrozXCyI!-GKGzOozZmejeAnDZQdUbw
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE

MANGA
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KpzZilTgj1I
youtube.com/watch?v=cwABWVby-Xw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ANN IS UGLY!

I AGREE WITH YOU

>I love Ann!
fuck off

Kawaclaimed.
Kawawriter here way too early.

Save your shitposting for when it's not 3 in the morning and people are actually here.

Dub fags would never understand how superior japanese voice acting truly is lol.

To start with the seiyu are casted handpicked by Hashino himself before they start any sketches and drafts about the characters, then they start sketching the character using their very seiyuu as a base, that's why their appearance,personality and backgrounds are molded over their seiyuu.

That's why Anne speak such good english in the japanese dub having spent a good chunk of her childhood speaking english in Finland for example.

t. english teacher in nippon

this but unironically

You mean having the narrator being a character in the story? Not my usual style, but nothing too out there. Why?

As long as the narrator has a compelling reason to be IN the story or a good reason to be involved in the situation, I don't find it too intrusive. Just be careful not to turn him too omniscient, or establish that he is early on. Something like Kyon being the narrator in Haruhi Suzumiya.
You can also have the narrator actually interact with other characters, but then his "dialog" needs to show a bit of personality and/or feelings so him getting involved seems believable, like a conversation with himself or him recounting his story like a memoir, book or just telling it to someone else. That someone else can be the reader, but his dialog needs to seem human.
At least, that's how I'd go about it.

I always think up my best memes in the middle of the night

haru?

Happy Nice Ass Day, /pg/!

Haru.

haru !!

Fits surprisingly well.

wish she was real, /pg/

Wake me up when it's Haru's bd.

Release the Ass! Makoto!

Haru is thicc!

brap brap brap

Tomorrow for sure

This might be fun. What happens in Persona 5 on your birthday?

Mine... well the game doesn't start yet on my birthday, but it did come out in West on my birthday.

Mishima collects signatures for my release on my birthday.

The game didn't even start or end late March so nothing

Reminder that Yosuke and Labrys is canon and will be confirmed in P5A

Kawakami a kawacutie

You too!

Apparently it's the first day you can go out at night and the first time you can do Mishima's link.

Robutt!

CLANG CLANG

*Joker's release

If they remake persona 3, are they going to modernize the year the game is in? Or keep it in the mid 2000s with their flip phones and mmo lingo? Maybe it'll even make flip phones popular again since Persona 5 features smartphones prominently as plot points and UI, and Persona 3 will juxtapose it.

Why would they? You still got texts in P3, they just didn't have a special ui or anything.

How would Maya's l33t speak be modernized? Would she just say kek and kys a lot?

The new Persona 3 remake will be revamped to fit modern day social media standards. The combat system will involve dabbing on all the shadows and the social links will all be done online. But the Hermit social link stays the same though.

caught you self inserting

i want haru to sit on my face until i grow gills !!

>tfw I was the only one in my group of friends who bought this game to use their real name

I never liked how texts in persona 3 and 4 were just >words in the box
unique UI is always good, maybe Mc flipping the phone open to the screen would be cool

catherine has flip phones nigga

Shido has his change of heart on mine.

That always feel really weird to me for some reason.

How would a Persona 3 remake handle dungeons? After P5, there's no way they'd be able to get away with having Tartarus be randomly generated again.

My only complaint about P5's UI is that social stat increases take way longer to skip through.

P3/P4
>Your Charm increased!

P5
>(I feel like my Charm increased)
>Notes pop out
>"ALRIGHT"
>Giant star drags its ass onto the screen
>One point pokes out a millimeter more to indicate that a stat increased, but not in any meaningful way (yet)
>YOUR CHARM INCREASED
>"ALRIGHT"

Ann and Makoto start flirting with each other and it's the first possible day to begin infiltrating the bank, apparently.

Persona 3 can't be remade without heavily changing the game.

Let's face it, NOBODY not the p5onlis, not the smtfags, not the p3fanboys, are willing to go through 200 floors of tartarus again. 9 months of nothing happening, kareoke pictures movie kareoke pictures movie kareoke pictures movie in a perfect order if you want enough stats to date yukari, and having to date each girl one at a time in the perfect order or risk losing your 100%.

Automatic battle partners is right out, there's no way in hell modern gamers will tolerate that bullshit.

>Alright
>not based YOSH
>being a dubfag
Disgusting

>Make Tartarus operate closer to Mementos, in the sense that you don't have to reach each block by the end of the month, but you do have to clear the whole thing by the end of the game
>Make the full moon mini-segments much larger, more fleshed out dungeons similar to P5's and have them be accessible for a week or so instead of one night.

I agree. I think if a P3 remake happens they'll rewrite most of the scenario; Obviously the story will stay the same but I expect much more frequent group interactions and events similar to P5 would be added. And I think they'll have more subplots so the story doesn't feel like it stalls for several months anymore.
They'll also probably remove the tired mechanic, make romances a decision, and give you more shit to do since P3 is really lacking in that area.

>persona 3 remake in HD
>combines features of P3P and FES
>justice social link is Ken

I don't think it's that bad, the social stat chart doesn't show up for that long, and I prefer seeing it pop up rather than just get a text prompt that doesn't show you any of your other stats or let you know which rank you're currently at.
The problem I have is that once you've maxed your stats, it still keeps bringing up the chart - now that is stupid.

this tbqh

Even if Tartarus was a series of proper dungeons, you'd need to add extra navigation mechanics so it doesn't just turn into Hallway Simulator 2009 again. Maybe not an outright copy of P5's stealth mechanics, but SOMETHING to justify running around.

You can beat the shit out of Groo.

They probably would just copy P5's stealth mechanics, and they should - it's the natural evolution of the sneaking up system in P3 and P4. Sneaking up on shadows in those games is "stealth" in a sense, but just poorly implemented.

I really hated how it was easy to swooce around them when I just want to get to the next floor, but if you are far away and notice one, and then turn back they will turn 360 degrees and go RIGHT for your ass

>you now remember a P3 remake will get rid of demons as shadows and go back to the boring old shadow designs

can't wait to fight tables in HD

I can't wait for Persona 5 Akechi Goro of the Resurrection!

I liked shadows it's kind of lame that shadows look like personas now.

What the hell is wrong with you? The shadow designs are awesome

youtube.com/watch?v=KpzZilTgj1I

I like this song

The chart should've only popped up if a stat changed rank. Speeds up all those minor point gains that you get, and avoids wasting time when the stat is already maxed.

IIRC, didn't P3P have this bullshit mechanic where HArd/Maniac had a chance of turning neutral start battles into an enemy ambush, and player ambush starts into neutral starts?

They're fucking boring when they make up every single enemy. Fighting a reskinned scale or table gets old as fuck. I'd be fine with having the shadow designs for the Tartarus minibosses and demons for the regular encounters - in fact I think that'd be the best way to do it.

I just want the Hulk Hogan shadow to return.

IT'S SPLING
THE WINNER IS GONG
THERE'S AN EARTH IS PROMISE IN THE EH
IT'S SPLING ARR AROUNG

I love my Queen

Just a random throw away day
I went to destinyland with Makoto

>mfw femc isn't in the p3 remake

bruh you're just jealous cause this shadow can bench press and fuck more than u

But truth be told, that would be a good compromise. But I still love the stupid goofy designs for some odd reason.

Dont even joke about that

>mfw femc isn't in DMN

femc's music >>>> mc's music

Where are my Pixie doujins?

She'll be a DLC character mark my words

I'm playing P2 and I can't for the life of me get these fucking demons to give me the rumor that lets me open that door in the abandoned factory. How long does it usually take?

stop bullying femc

What the fuck is a P2? A two player persona game?

Christmas date. Too bad the chick leaves at the end.

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=cwABWVby-Xw

Whatever.

>instead of Door-tan as DLC one of the girls gets a Door-tan costume

Different option; give player a chance to pick.
In P5 you rip off masks of what are basically P3-4 style Shadows. Just make it so when you approach a Shadow there are two buttons; one to reveal Shadow's true form which lets you fight demons or to fight it the way it is and it just calls in more shadows.
The latter would be harder and give more exp, the former would allow the player to negotiate instead of shuffle time, I guess.
Also bring back P4's different sized Shadows.

I miss groojos

Don't do this 2 me

>it's a P5 girl

I wish Meguro would score more games with a music style like DDS2

said no one ever

Want to be Close + Changing Seasons > Time + Sun
Joy > Tender Feeling
When the Moon Reaches for the Stars > Way of Life
Danger Zone > Master of Tartarus
BABYBABYBABY = Wiping All Out

GROO IN THE LOO

where he belongs

Does nobody know?

Time > Want to be Close
Changing Seasons > Sun
Tender Feeling > Joy (I think Joy is the better song honestly, but I think Tender Feeling does a much better job at setting the tone for the S.Links when it's used)
When the Moon Reaches out for the Stars > Way of Life
Danger Zone > Master of Tartarus
Wiping All Out >>>> Mass Destruction

>Time > Want to be Close
Really? I can't see it

>hating on Mass Destruction
How dare you?

I mostly agree but changing seasons is effectively the same five seconds loops over and over and doesn't become an actual song until 20 loops, which is too long to hear in actual gameplay.

Joy is actually kind of vital, as it sets the musical theme for "memories of you" so that when you listen to it, it reminds you of all your best times.

She's mine /pg/

ugly