>Nintendo direct with world & gameplay explanations
youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

>Story trailer (lots of spoilers)
youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U

>Confirmed for being merely the tip of the iceberg
twitter.com/sorayasaga/status/935149626004447232

>XB2 FAQ
pastebin.com/qaauPV2F

A lot of people got their copies already so caution is advised.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B075KGQZVJ/
itsalmo.st/#xenotime
nintendoeverything.com/monolith-soft-president-wants-to-see-xenoblade-chronicles-x-on-switch/
strawpoll.me/14516230
support.nintendo.co.jp/app/answers/detail/a_id/34939/p/8664
youtu.be/bFXUS3m7h6w
vthemusical.bandcamp.com/track/i-want-to-ride-that-blade
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for my wife

So, how do we feel about the game?

Gee Bill, TWO tittymonsters?

I love the expressiveness of this game. Watching the Japanese streams now I'm 100% sure I'm not getting this in English.

I've just activated my JP digital copy few min ago, but the early streams I've watched so far really relieved me a lot.

>the early streams I've watched so far really relieved me a lot.

Same here. If you don't mind me asking did your credit card work on Nintendo's Eshop or did you buy point cards from a service like Play Asia?

rip

I simply bought a digital code on amazon.jp. Not only it is slightly cheaper, but the code is instantaneous, without any middleman bullshit with point cards.

amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B075KGQZVJ/

Buy it with your usual credit card, wait for the code and put it on the JP eshop. Really convenient.

We digimon now.

Oh wow, thanks man!

Even if fake please don't post shit like this man. Not right now.

Just remember that the game doesn't really have any furigana, similarly to X, and X was somewhat a pain to follow at times. At least, the font is much bigger, even for the JP version, so it isn't too hard to recognize kanji for XB2 compared to X which was borderline as shitty as a 3DS MH in JP.

Final boss when?

Thanks for the heads up, luckily my listening skills are on point, been able to keep up with streams no problems. All non voiced parts only advance on button press so there is time to look up kanjis.

The game is beautiful and the music is the best I've heard in video games all year.

1 more days bros. almost there

itsalmo.st/#xenotime

I'm retarded. How many hours until it gets released in euro eshop?

nintendoeverything.com/monolith-soft-president-wants-to-see-xenoblade-chronicles-x-on-switch/
>“Personally speaking, there are times I feel like playing Xenoblade Chronicles X and think about how nice it would be to play it on the Nintendo Switch. Of course that will depend on demand and such, but I will think about it while discussing future plans with Nintendo.”

Depends of your eshop where you buy it. It is at midnight, but obviously, if you are in UK, it will be released an hour late compared to the rest AFAIK.

why doesn't this game have loot boxes reee I want much rare blades

Why did people put up fake screen shots sub 720p and say the game runs under 30fps? The game looks amazing and runs great.

gamespot review on YouTube down votes are climbing kek

I guess a lot of people aren't impressed by the blurry stuff with the handheld mode, but I personally don't see it as unplayable. Not exactly sharp, but definitely serviceable enough for playing on the go.

Here is a pic I've just taken. I barely started but it looks okay.

Yeah looks good to me, I don't see what the fuss is about in handheld.

People are just mad the switch is out selling everything so they need to shit post.

>These early Nia scenes

GOOOOSEBUMBS

She better not die I swear!

I'm glad 2017 was a good year for vidya. The reviews for Xenoblade 2 show the massive gap nip games now have on west devs. West devs and reviews have nothing more to do but keep making excuses and shit on nap culture. 2018 is going to be interesting.

Apparently someone who finished the game said there are two more party members and two that you can't equip anything on to.

If the last party member isn't Vandham then who is it?

Also two extra members you can't equip anything to? Are they mechs or something?

>can buy permanent buffs to your movement speed
Hoo boy.

She can't because of the core crystal mechanic. Only the people that can't get new blades are destined to die. Nia is a permanent party member.

Not surprising. Speed buffs were one of the best things you could get in XC1. Not having them in this game would be a travesty.

Also:
>Kubira in English: Dagas
>Idaten in English: Boreas
>Nana Cool in English: Ursula
>Zakuro in English: Kora
Now let's all overreact.

But those had to be applied via gems or skill trees/affinity links, and thus weren't technically permanent. As far as I can tell, if you buy the deed to a shop and the effect is +5% movement speed, you just run 5% faster for the rest of the game. That's fucking wonderful.

Anything remotely Japanese is changed so retarded

>Ursula
Oh I get it. Bear.

Can you backup saves on a switch? Can you instantly turn off the power mid animation of opening a blade and reset before it auto saves? I am not letting RNG fuck me over on rare blades

You cannot duplicate the saves. All you can do is transfer them and the user info to another switch or delete them. Also, the game automatically save the moment you open a core crystal so you cannot save scum.

So how did Miiverse shutting down affect XCX? I heard it just removed BLADE Reports but nothing else.

Without out Blade reports the game is un-100%-able as one of the achievements is related to it.

Why the fuck would I care? That's a meaningless issue.

Don't talk to your mother that way.

Well I went and spoiled the ending twists for myself. Only slight regret.

Man, you can screenshot with XB2, but you cannot save videos yet. Couldn't save that nice fight between Homura and Metsu.

>Homura and Metsu
Who?

I'm just saying. I don't care about irrelevant stuff like completion % unless they hide unlocks behind it. Anyways, I'd never bother with XCX 100% because Xenoblade games are a nightmare for Completion.

New patch just hit and I have no fucking clue what it fixed. I'm 25+ hours into the game and it didn't solve any of my UI issues.

You remember the fox from the silhouette leaks?
That's definitely the blade from the last member or something along these lines since KOS-MOS is the last rare blade.
Pure speculation.

From what I gathered in the other threads:

>bug fixes
>balance changes
>theater mode to rewatch cutscenes
>added expansion pass functionality to the main menu
>apparently a lot of small UI improvements

We know the full party, or at least who is present at the final boss if you want to know.

what issues are you experiencing?

No, I don't.
If you find the urge to write this to someone else if asked, please do put it into spoiler tags.

I intend to, watch out when going to any other place with Xeno discussion.

can we sexualize blades here?

>#1
please let's not keep track of thread numbers

also I'm STILL torn between JP or dub audio for my first playthrough. I wish you could set JP voices just for story cutscenes.

poll? strawpoll.me/14516230

go dub faggot

Official patch notes for those who know Japanese and pic related are the items the DLC adds. 600 MB for now.

support.nintendo.co.jp/app/answers/detail/a_id/34939/p/8664

I left all of them the instant this general popped up.

>5 common crystals

can you reroll with this until you get a rare blade? how long until the game opens up and lets you roll blades

As far as I know the game auto saves after you start the roll so you can't save scrum.

>no rare core crystal

season pass pre-ordered cancelled

Yeah, for $30 with pretty much no info and shit wont be released until next year is too much.

That was to be expected, no?
What good would it do you if you had 5 rare crystals the moment you can summon them?
Sure, it's disappointing, but not unexpected.
It's not like you bought the DLC for that anyway.

Any post Chapter 3 leaks?

still, just throwing 1 in there would be nice atleast. it's not like any of us will need this starting equipment 100+ hours in by the time the season pass quest comes out, but a rare core crystal would be good even then

Yeah I mean reroll the whole save, you start a new game get the 5 crystals + whatever the game gives ou early on and restart the game until you get a rare

you're probably joking but that sounds like a giant waste of time

Welcome to gachas 101: rerolling

I don't know when you get the first opportunity since I won't be starting my playthrough for yet another 4 hours.
But I can assume that it's several hours in and definitely not worth it at all.

Yes, there's a video on youtube that has a lot of the end-game cutscenes.

link faggit please?

Watch at your own risk, start at 17 for some real shit
youtu.be/bFXUS3m7h6w

Is that old guy Shulk?

Old guy? You mean Klaus?

Oh, of course never mind.

Shulk's voice can be heard during the final boss though, he and co are fighting Zanza in their world at the same time Rex and co are fighting the Aion

>Favorite
>armor
>american accents

noe never localized this game it was a lie the whole time

What happens to the rare blades on characters that "leave" your party?

I WANNA FUCK PYRA

Oh we've got a general. Might want to mention that in the /v/ threads, otherwise they'll die instantly.

I've been playing X on CEMU the past week. Just got my Skell and really loving the game. Bit surprised how much negativity that game got actually, but I guess it isn't for everyone.

Would love to see a Switch port, I'd be sure to buy it.

Music for a dead general

vthemusical.bandcamp.com/track/i-want-to-ride-that-blade

The game isn't even out on digital yet, let people play the game first.
Have a KOS-MOS Re: instead.

Okay, so is this game just gonna be anime as fuck or are we gonna get Xenoblade Chronicles level of story quality?

>The game isn't even out on digital yet
It is in lots of places though

Getting through work tomorrow is going to be so hard ;_;

Anyone know just how rare the item is that lets you change a blade's driver?

Wondering how many times reasonably I'll be able to do it in a playthrough.

>tfw switch still hasn't shipped
>tfw I'll get Xenoblade 2 before my switch

ded

The western half of the world and central Europe can't even play the game yet.
General was made a bit too early.

Got 2 rare blades after something like 10 common cores. No idea if I'm a luckshitter, but looks decent enough. Common blades are serviceable, but they sure look too generic.

I do like the design of the dog or whatever it's trying to be.

Yeah, they are fine. The muscle male blades are probably the most bland out of the bunch.

how long does it take until you open a core? from starting new game

I would say something like 2-3 hours, depends if you chase after subquests early or not.
I've just finished chapter 2 within 7 hours and got 12 common core crystals, ignoring most subquests but checking every chest on my path.

Aaaaaaaa I can't wait

Japanese audio seems to be 871 MB in Europe.
I read somewhere that it's 851, or did I misread?

Klaus mentions that one of the 3 cores of the Trinity processor disappeared. Could that have been the Monado?

I really don't get the complaints that the games takes too long to get going. It's way faster than the first Xenoblade in that regard.

So the computer they used, obviously a reference to the fucking Magi, wasn't just Alvis. Ofcourse the processor that is missing is the Monado, the true monado. The question then becomes, why? Why was only Alvis dragged off into the other world?

Truly we were the xenoblade chronicles 2