/niohg/ - Nioh General

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt
FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#
Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tonfa did nothing wrong

>didn't add the Secret Word for /ng/ coop
You had one job OP.

What the FUCK was his problem?

muh honor

but then it wouldn't be a secret

Why did this guy have two spirits again? I know Date Masamune had two because he was holding onto one for buddies son or whatever.

The same problem as every other Sengoku period warlord, they all wanted the same: unite the land, but threw a bitchfit unless it was under THEIR rule and conditions. Also I'm pretty sure he was a virgin who devoted to the way of the honorabru samurai *shoots you with a western pistol*

Y'all mother fuckers need Onmyo!

he inherited moth wife from his cancer dad

I need her arse on my face

>cancer dad

Otani deserves better than this

12th for bullying Kelley

He was a leper

When is KT going to either patch in an AA option or allow us to force it without the game crashing? God damn these jaggies really tickle my bumhole.

Bullied

>I am the hollow man.. Many times have I died.. Many times have I risen..

Nioh had some cool lines.

Summoning for coop say someone is joining they never join. Thing stays yellow can't close coop or leave the mission.

>Thanks KT you really fixed it this time.

*slashes your demon balls*

Is Smithing Texts just a collectors game? Forging seems pretty useless.

was the kelly we fought at the end just another clone or was he the original one?

>gets a spirit division scene
>william uses its powers to disguise himself and sneak back into the black tower
>clearly has combat capabilities, since Kelley uses it against you

Why the fuck was Ouroboros not usable in gameplay?

Danjo has some great dialogue where he comments on the political intrigue and hidden depths of some characters. It was enough to win me over to the Matsunaga clan.

Was there seriously this many people holding out for m+kb? I can not get a summon above sekigahara ng.

t. Way of the Stronglet

Not everyone has a controller, and there's people who unironically believe m+kb is the go to all because muh PC mustard race.

Obviously yes. KBM is the basic pc input method and not supporting it would be like releasing a console game without controller support.

Though I bought it earlier and just used vjoy controller to mouse.

The best way to get the endgame equipment you want is to forge it, then defile it to turn it ethereal and give it a reasonable + value without having to actually soul match it with 40 other pieces of equipment.

All the Kelleys were homegrown homunculi from some kind of fucked up process involving spirit stones.

Forge stuff for rare stats then defile them. This is how you typically get the best gear.

I don't think there was an original Kelley. The encyclopedia entry about him being born of Alchemy implies he has always been lab grown.

I wounder why we never got his Ouroboros as a Guardian Spirit. Or is it because Ouroboros is an Alchemy spell and not a Spirit?

His character entry explicitly calls Uroboros (apparently that's the spelling) a Guardian Spirit.

This and the other scene when William is asked why he fights really annoyed me. His clear motivation is to get Saoirse back but somehow he nearly has an existential crisis from a dumb question. And then in that particular scene he suddenly decides that he fights for peace. Probably the victim of the game's troubled development.

Why the fuck do I get framedrops every time there is too much smoke or items in the floor? And I have a fucking gtx1070/i73770k, playing in 2560x1080.

>really want kaido armor set
>farm for hours to get the smithing text
>ready to forge some dank armor
>needs fucking ogress claws each time
>farming ogress claws in bulk is incredibly slow and nightmarish
Why must I suffer for loving axes so

autism

you will never beat the game with kb+m
do you play racing games without a wheel too you autistic r*dditor

t. PC only

because you decided not to save scum and you're not doing wotw/n or twilight ogress missions

Just wait until you're on higher difficulties, you get crafting materials thrown at you and there isn't much of a point to crafting full sets early on.

I have probably 40+ ogress claws just from questing and doing twilight missions and disassembling items with the rare materials patronage bonus. Never farmed Ogress.

All those scenes before bring up that Saiorse is only a temporary goal. He wasn't thinking about what he would do once he'd actually saved her, despite being an immortal yokai slaying master warrior who probably should be dedicating that type of power to something.

Here's 3 options:
- Get the perks from Muramasa that give you materials for dismantling stuff
- Use the KANGZ Samurai armor instead
- Use a weapon that's not a crutchy piece of shit

Usually games that don't work well on controllers don't get put on consoles at all, so thats a horrible comparison.
The great thing about the pc platform is not being constricted by input methods.
I'm not saying it shouldn't have kb+m and im glad it got it, i just seriously would have thought the average gamer would have some form of usb controller more often than not of they are at all interested in this type of game.

>axe is too weak
>axe is too strong
you fags can never make up your mind

Whatever you like is probably cheating

Do the things I like instead they're all honorable tactics a samurai would use

>Date Masamune mentioning how if William had landed in Tohoku instead, he and the Date clan could've conquered Japan by now.

That'd be neat.

Using weapons is cheating

If you love games and consider yourself a real "gamer" you should have some sort of modern controller with 2 sticks and the usual required buttons
fuck off I am using meme tonfas now

>use the KANGZ armor
But muh 30% extended battle focus

Let the man play however he wants. This game is completely playable with kb+m.

>Nioh crashes everytime I try to enter the Abyss
What is this memery

sucks because you should be using rage at B agility with some heavy+medium armor mix

We have Ouroboros, William uses it in the opening scene to Queen's Eye's. We just are not able to use it.
Something to look forwards to in Nioh 2?

No that's gay, without battle focus I can't spin forever

If William's the protagonist of Nioh 2 there'd have to be a pretty good explanation for why he has the evil snake but doesn't have any other guardian spirit, and starting out with every single guardian spirit from the first + DLCs would be pretty silly.

Exactly my point, anything else is just limiting your potential experiences for no reason other than pointless pride.

you can by using fucking magic and rage gets you more damage than carnage

People are probably comparing it to stupid 500 year grinded setups for WotN for each weapon. In the first two modes enemies have teeny tiny baby health bars so anything is ridiculously strong unless you're shooting a few levels down and ignoring Sloth and stones.

>We just are not able to use it.
transformation

have you tried win 7 combatibility mode?

Is there like 20 people named Dirty Dan on, or can i just chalk it up to this games fucking matchmaking not being able to decide if it wants to be local or global at any given time?

Yeah I think it's mostly people that can't afford them and a few "mustard racers" with pride.
Definitely the vocal minority though

I dont really think William himself is even that popular

They'll just do the usual sequel depowering.
>prologue mission
>final boss of shows up to do some fancy attack that's never been seen before and will never show up again
>pops every guardian spirit out of William
>near death, William has to take in Ouroboros just to survive
Or they could make his son Joseph the new protagonist.

They could probably get away with that excuse, but its been shown to have some cool combat applications to so i think that would be really lame.
Well they usually show Saoirse and Nekomata in the cutscenes so they are obviously his 'canon' spirits and pretty obviously intended to return.
I feel like with him using the Ouroboros is kind of in the same vein, and he doesn't make a big deal out of it when he uses it, so more of a tidbit for people who pay attention to latch onto.

>Ii Naomasa wants to attack at Sekigahara first so Fukushima Masanori, a Toyotomi Vassal, can't brag about it.
>Said Vassal also prohibits anyone else from attacking alongside him
>Naomasa brings a small group of riflemen and Matsudaira Tadayoshi, when asked, he just says the young lord wants to observe the first charge.
>Pulls up front, orders his men to fire one volley at the Ukita army then withrdraws like a mad man so technically, he got the first attack.

So glad I started reading into this shit, it's brilliant.

It crashes if I try to start from floor 1, I just went straight to Floor 4 and it works. I'm just exploding Hanzo's asshole for now, we'll see how long until I get bored.
Is that a Jojo reference?

block him on steam, you won't get matched anymore

>Murder Hanzo 20 times in 10 minutes
>Not a single text
You niggas said he dropped them all

it's fucking not you stupid meme nigger en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)

What's a good set for a kusarigama? I'm using wotw right now, but I can't find any kusarigamas with lightning dmg.

You're talking about abyss hanzo, right? His texts are pretty rare. Stack item discovery gear and level up your spider spirit. Wear a kodama bowl hat and eat for hunter blessing.

Where is your co-op buddies when you need them?

What are you trying to get iga set? I literally got the whole thing in less than a hour from the shitty dojo one lol.

Iga Jounin is top tier if you use ninjutsu, which you should if you're running kusarigama. You can run something like 4 piece Iga Jounin and then aim for a grace set or use whatever else for the rest since the 4 piece bonus is all you really need from it.

Abyss Hanzo on Floor 4, yeah. I didn't know about the kodama hunter blessing affecting texts. I do have a kodama hat and lvl60 Itokuri

You have no idea how long it takes. 20 times is nothing. 10 minutes is nothing. I've previously farmed him for 2 hours with a total of +180% item drop rate and not received one text. Smithing texts are high tier grind, you gotta be prepared for the long haul.

Hunter's blessing doesn't affect drop rate for texts, despite the constant recommendations. Smithing texts are key items, and hunter's blessing only improves the chances for things that fall under the smithing materials tab.

If you're having problems, remember you have to press the Pex button in the options screen during the Abyss to enable all drops. The focus on item discovery stuff will help once its enabled too cause it's a huge pain in the ass to get the text you want when they're all available. Best of luck user.

Pex button?
I just got Sun's Child Armor text. Do you know what blessing, if any, affects Droplets? I could do with at least a 100 of them

Just spam veteran ninja training. You'll have it within a hour.

sengoku is one of the interesting eras of japan history

>2 hours with a total of +180% item drop rate and not received one text

i spent +1 hour with hanzo and got 28 texts and i just had some random item drop% boosts here and there

Hunter's Blessing and item drop rate will boost the odds of getting droplets since they're smithing materials.

I have too. It's a total RNG crapshoot, you won't always have those levels of success with him.

>kill Ogress in main mission after 3rd or 4th try
>cunt completely bullshits me in Twilight version
I was so pissed I actually felt my heart rythm fuck up.

Hug her chest, dodge sideways when she raises both her arms for the slam, dodge backwards when she does her jump attack. These render her absolutely trivial since every other attack will sail right over your head.

lmao

i know that feel

How can you get that set? I got wotw off revenants, but I've yet to see iga jounin.
Also, what should be my backup weapon for a kusarigama?

See

>Hug her chest
>These render her absolutely trivial since every other attack will sail right over your head.
I died at least 3 times since slashing with my Odachi pushed me away from her.

>dodge sideways when she raises both her arms for the slam, dodge backwards when she does her jump attack
Unnecessary advice, those are easy to get away from.
Her going berserk while also turning instantly towards you, while you are near, killed me most of the time.

Hanzo in the ninja dojo missions drops the text for it. I forget what the bonuses are at low levels but at higher levels it's like +100 ninjutsu power, +50% ninja tool recovery after using living weapon, and some close combat damage.

I like using dual swords or tonfa as a backup since kusarigama gets C+ skill scaling.

>going berserk

instantly go chill against her stomach when she starts that move, you can literally keep attacking here there while she slashes away

Does using Divine Fragments when Reforging give better results?

Thanks lads, guess I just gotta keep playing then. I've only unlocked adept missions so far.

I kinda want to switch out of Todo, but they're pretty much the best clan if I use Tatenashi right? I feel like I'll lose so much survivability if I leave them

>you can literally keep attacking here
Not with an Odachi.

This has to be the most unenjoyable mission in the game.
I hope everyone involved in the design of this mission gets cursed to hit their pinky toes with furniture each day of the rest of their lives.

The camera in this fight is just way too jarring to me, I hate it too

It enables things like rarely getting CTA AA (STAT) when you reforge 3 lines at once.

>Take a boss designed to be fought 2v1
>Make it a 1v2 fight instead
game design.

Ansel user here, reporting for duty

Heh.

Anyone have an updated forge table with all the effects and a list of star effects? I'm new to forging and I want to work out what I'm doing.