/acg/ - Animal Crossing General

#1290 - Leesi Edition

Old: Pocket Camp is playable RIGHT NOW on Android and iOS!
youtube.com/watch?v=Dr2wXiwgNd0

>How to play New Leaf/Pocket Camp online with /acg/
People need to add each other's Friend Codes in order to visit faraway towns.
Put your name and FC in the name field to save time.

>Pocket Camp FAQ
pastebin.com/5WErjXrV

>The Basics
ACNL basics guide - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/
AC wiki - animalcrossing.wikia.com or nookipedia.com
The "pthhhpth" pastebin (FAQ) - pastebin.com/jU4CeWhu
Brand New Catch - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/today

>Furniture & Collectibles
Item database - moridb.com/
Museum checklist - mediafire.com/file/0p18zy41jkxsy8a/

>Customization Guide
Image/Pattern Converter - thulinma.com/acnl
All furniture customizations - customnewleaf.tumblr.com imgur.com/a/mfGqi
Image2QR code - mediafire.com/download/d0g3vj88g0gk1pf/Version 0.4.zip
Pro Designs Android app - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nefastudio.android.dmoridesigner
QR paths - pathmagic.tumblr.com acnlpaths.tumblr.com

>Happy Home Designer
All villagers & items - happyhomedesigner.wikia.com
FAQ - pastebin.com/f8pnU0wr
Amiibo cards - nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/amiibocard/index.html

>Upcoming Birthdays
1st - Rooney and Sprocket
2nd - Annalise and W. Link
3rd - Claude
4th - Robin

>Upcoming Holidays & Events
9th - Fishing Tourney
21st - Winter Solstice
24th - Toy Day

>Misc.
Neighbor move in/camper reset trick - i.imgur.com/meQutqI.png
What is the void? - pastebin.com/9KPbdnSY
Preventing moveouts - pastebin.com/avaKnPPc
Welcome Amiibo FAQ - pastebin.com/aAbMZwmM
ACNL OST - pastebin.com/bPyY03LK
Upload to Imgur via 3DS browser - webrender.net/imgur/
Dream codes - pastebin.com/PCmJZ5WA

How about we get a different OP?

They really need to give the animals more lines and personality. They're so awful in this game

Leesi is amazing

WHY DOES EVERYONE AND THEIR GRANDMOTHER WANT SQUIDS

I'VE DRIVEN THEM EXTINCT AND IT LOOKS LIKE THE HORSE MACKERELS ARE NEXT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Odds are that more and more will be added over time. I don't believe for a second that it's too hard to add a few more lines of text.

>no scoot
0/10

But why should they?
People don't complain yet.

Do you need them quick?

No I'm done with my dailies for now but that was really annoying

I get it.
And then when you don't care anymore you get five in a row

After clearing out a bunch of inactives and turbojews, my friends list once again has space for more.

If you've added me before, then I probably removed you for one of the above reasons (also maybe if your name is all Japanese characters, I couldn't be sure which ones were just random Nips who added me). Feel free to add me again, but I clear out my list occasionally so you might get removed again.

Market box is always at minimum price (maybe 10-40 bells more depending on how poor I am at the moment, but never at turbojew prices), and I try to keep a variety of shit for sale to help others.

yo

ACPC killed AC.
It is over.

sup niggas

Sharing

Is there any system to when you get sugarcanes and when not?
Seems completely arbitrary

An animal's behaviour is made out of a character type and a nickname for you. So filbert may say "something about cake, bucko" and beau will say "something about cake, saltlick" because they share the same character type. It's too late to change that system because the entire dialogue sequence and interaction is coded around it.

Now if you wanted to add more personality you could add a new character type, but that won't happen because the new animals that have it will be unlocked at the end so players feel like they are unlocking the same one over and over again.

You also can't really retroactively change their character types because the game is about getting invested emotionally into the animals and that would undermine it.

Adding more lines to a character type won't work because you'd still feel like they aren't unique enough when they share dialogue with others.

The good side of this system is that adding more animals to the game is easy and thus likely. They definitely made a design choice for quantity here.

Now, the only TRULY unique thing about the animals is actually the loading screen messages. And that also is a thing that could be expanded upon, though it's not really a comforting solution.

Personally, what I would do is expand upon the items you get from animals. You could get more items that actually represent their character, getting those gems is lame anyway. One could also give them a line of dialogue for their unique items, like "how nice of you to wear that sweater I gave you" or some shit. After all, AC is an architecture and dress up game with socialization as the obstacle, you might as well capitalize on the goal the player is working towards right?

>got a copy of GC animal crossing, disk has no scratches, manual and case are in perfect condition, with the special memory card for 40USD

Nobody cares. This is pocket camp.

Anyone else find a football fish?

d-don't say that
please don't lewd my wife
It will die in a few months just like Pokemon GO, tranny roleplay only keeps a game going so long

Two so far

What I don't seem to be able to catch are Jewel Beetles. I've seen them like three times so far, but I must be doing something wrong when trying to catch them.

>ac is an architecture and dress up game with socialization as an obstacle

Wrong. In fact the opposite is more representative of what the series was originally about. The social aspect is just an obstacle in PC though.

Villager dialogue:

50% Tutorial

25% Buy leaf bucks!

25% One of their 3 other lines

Really? It kept your shit game going for 5 years.

I don't think the reward structure of the animals is something that can be changed. I mean, the core gameplay loop consists of grinding those gems and generic materials.

I feel like they majorly fucked up with this. Because, as you said, socializing with animals is an obstacle in acpc. Socializing with animals was not an obstacle in previous ac games. In acpc, animals are your main infrastructure you have to expand upon in order to get new furniture. In previous entrys, the players infrastructure was way more complex: collecting fossils, growing and farming trees etc. Doing favors for the animals felt more like a means of communication (with an added reward) than a neccessity to get new furniture.

i did and a cute duck bought it for max price

kys retard

Lines have been garbage since city folk ever since they made it all kid friendly

How new are you

what an idiot

Duckfaces confirmed retarded

They look retarded

How new are (You)? This general's been shit for the longest fucking time. Pocket camp is the only thing keeping this shit off page 10.

It's never been this bad

I bought it because I had 5+ of everything else and never got one myself, I just wanted to have all the rares. Plus I had plenty of bells to spare. Please no bully.

>this
>bad
Holy fuck new leaf fags are fucking retards. People are actually discussing the game and these fucks think it's bad. Please go make your own general for your 5 year old dead game. Every other entry can stay. It's just new leaf fags that need to get out.

I don't understand why they couldn't add more lines to the types. They already cicle through two or three different expressions for any specific interaction. Just add more to that.
This is arguably a weakness in AC in general. Don't know if NL ever improved on that, but you could very quickly get to hear always the same lines over and over.
As there are however no real changes that occur in PC over time (apart from a few daytime specific dialogues) that becomes even more obvious here.

Yesterday, some anons were concerned about not obtaining enough candy canes for everything, but the game seems very generous with giving you canes every refresh.

>Beau
>"Beau is so adorable everyone in town can't help but fawn over him. Some believe this may have stunted his maturity."
>Literally a trap
are traps gay?

>waifuniggering, constant drama, shitposting, spamming
Yeah dude it's totally better!

The candy canes definitely won't be an issue, especially if you get them from the quarry too. Should be more than enough to get everything and multiples of some things like the fences and streetlights.

yeah, I'm in my third or fourth cycle and have 140 canes so far, getting more at the moment. Have not bought anything yet, but you get bonuses for that too.
Seems like you can easily get everything in far under a week.

Why is this autist sperging about anons playing New Leaf?

Are you in the same thread nigger? Holy fuck it's like this is your first day in Veeky Forums. If you think this is bad, you must not play any game other than new leaf. Kill yourself holy shit.

How hard can you try and pretend you aren't new here you retard.
Seriously, if you had been here before jumping on the PC bandwagon, this thread wasn't nearly as bad before all the phoneposters flooded this place.
Are /we/ in the same thread? I can tell you are a phonefag, why else would you be so upset about new leaf? Sad it didn't come out for your 60 dollar android phone?

>trolls replying to trolls

Kill (You)rself.
>everyone I don't like is a phoneposter

>don't play the game for two days
>half my friends list is gone
what the fuck

No one likes a slacker

disgusting casual acpc is not the game for you go play candy crush or sth

>worships overrated camp
>thinks walking to his laptop and screencapping thread cures him of his phonefaggery

24 hour deadline
People don't fuck around. You're useful or you're out

Looks like ACG has gone the way of fire emblem general

Who are you quoting? You're just mad your five year old game finally died. Play pocket camp or get out faggot.

Because of artificially induced idiocy

Understandable with the friend list limitations. If it was bigger I'm sure people wouldn't care as much

wheres the snow

tomorrow
it's still november

where i live, theres snow in october

>no snowman minigame

Is Ketchup good friend?

ketchup isn't good on anything

Ketchup on scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese, chicken tendies, bratwurst, some pizza. Ketchup is the nectar of the gods.

Leave. Please. Just go.

I know this is bait,but I call my friends list routinely. And on days I don't actually play, I still open it up to look like I'm active

Are you one of those faggots who hates tomatoes?

I can't get enough of tamatoes, salsa, ketchup and the like. I try to put it on everything

I broke up with an ex because she didn't like tomatoes. She gagged when she ate them like a fucking child

tomatoes are shit tier

hmu my dudes, i'll let you into the pachinko mines n shit

you deserve max price on everything

Tomatoes are only good for salsa
Ketchup is baby's first condiment

kill yourself, fat fuck

>all these people acting like they dont enjoy the most popular condiment in the country

i'm too busy to play on weekdays, but i call on people and answer quarry requests.

Do people even see who helps them? I never tried to check.

>Do people even see who helps them?
no, you just see the total number of people who help you

I love ketchup, but fuck tomatoes

IF YOU DELETE PEOPLE WHO DONT PLAY, REPOST YOUR FRIEND CODE SO WE GET ACTIVE PLAYERS ADDED TO ACTIVE PLAYERS.

Every thread we have people saying they delete people who don't play. I just went and checked had like 15-20 people who haven't played in over a week.

So I deleted them and looking to get more active people.

There has to be a healthier output for that

Then why didn't you post your code, you fuck

Go get a decent tomato, cut it into slices and throw salt on it. Eat it, it's amazing.

I grow my own tomatoes though, they taste better than hydroponic store ones.

>the fireplace and snowman cost 300 candy canes each
Bloody hell.

Plausible deniability, I don't want people judging me for deleting people. I'll post it after a few other do

>Tries to get fishes to fuck off so that I can get what I want
>The game shows me the fishing tutorial like it thinks I am bad at fishing
All I want are carps!

Much, but not hard to achieve

I'll help you out user.

Please send me help requests I accidentally spent all my bells.

So I see it that to get lots of friend invites here you just got to be an attention-whoring faggot

If by " attention whoring faggot" you mean to simply post your code, then sure.

Don't argue with the new leaf fags. You just give them attention.

I've had no problems. I caught two just by tapping them from afar and then tapping when the icon appears
The only thing I have yet to catch

Beau stop that you are scaring me.

he's so talented, now he got psychic powers too!

You get sent 100 bells from people that help. It has their name under the amount.

Aren't that the people who you've helped?

That's the people you've helped, retard.

Who else got the full Santa outfit

wow youre mean dont be jealous okay

I am patient, but I still find it funny the skirt costs more for no reason.

Why do I get bells when I haven't helped anyone?

>not helping out
give name so I can block