CIVILIANS edition.

Previous mission: News:
1)LW2 will NOT be ported to WotC by Pavonis
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26982

2)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

3)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

4)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

/xcg/ neither condemns nor condones that which is lewd
>pastebin.com/DwwGRCU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JYyg6yo3Mao
youtu.be/D2O3cM1alDw?t=25m19s
humblebundle.com/store/the-bureau-xcom-declassified
humblebundle.com/store/the-bureau-xcom-declassified?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=The_Bureau_XCOM_DECLASSIFIED_Free_Game_Announce
github.com/X2CommunityCore/xcom2-launcher/releases/tag/v1.2.1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pistols are useful

Wake up
See this
What do

>Okay, we're at the point in early game I can guarantee the entire squad has 7 hit points.
That's as soon as you get SPECs, since only 3hp PFCs can't get to 7hp. Or do you dislike using a lost on ceramic plating?

>Why would I be concerned about using more than 1 Medkit, if any, on that soldier. Why wouldn't I just hold on to that Medkit incase he get hits again and starts bleeding out (early medkit isn't going to heal him enough to save him from dying to another hit).
Because you have a medic and therefore a wealth of medkits that you can use to top him up, instead of just one medkit. But I can see your point, you can accept that people will get downed once in a while and get superior firepower in that slot instead.

Holy mother of fuck

youtu.be/JYyg6yo3Mao

i want to fuck the assassin

No, I don't typically like using a slot on Ceramic Plating. Like most of my Tactical philosophy I'd rather put something that helps me kill things in that lost.
Though really at that point we're arguing differing playstyles I guess. I'm an extremely aggressive player and will almost always value firepower over defense. The only defensive tactic I employ most of the time is breaking LoS and some of the only defensive things I apply to my soldiers are some perks that raise defense (Low Profile on Shotgun Scouts is a favorite) and Core Armoring on alot of my MECs (because in mid and late game "shit happens" turns into 1 or 2 enemies somehow didn't die but you have MECs with CA so they just take it on the chin).

Trap?
Trap.

BUILT

FOR

SEX

>Though really at that point we're arguing differing playstyles I guess.
Yeah pretty much. It is not unusual for me to have 4-5 platings in an April mission, but the tanking strat only works as long as there is healing to undo the occasional hit.

Can never be too safe.

Not that kind of trap. Wish it was though

fag

no u

Rate my combat uniform

Skirmishers/10

not enough memes/10

>It is not unusual for me to have 4-5 platings in an April mission, but the tanking strat only works as long as there is healing to undo the occasional hit.
I can definitely understand the argument for Medics in a more defensive style of play then.
>Mid April landed Scout
Everytime I take the bet that one won't be trapped its trapped, take that as you will.

>everyone is fatigued
FUG
Should've trained those spec's more.

Got something to eat.
Oh my god this map gives me PTSD. I got a trap here, sent rookies thinking it would be a good training mission. Only Zhang and an officer survived. And now I have all SPEC's and LCPL's

top lel

XCOM please, what is the Commander feeding you people.

Futbol!

Definitely trap. It's April.

landeds are always a month ahead

>take a break because of heavy workload
>come back to campaign
>frequent crashing

Generic syfy military uniform / 10

There goes my plans of making a Turkish + Greek squad. It would be funny if they shot each other after a panic, wish this was vanilla. I still have 2 of each but I doubt I'm going to get another 2.

Huh, didn't know that.

acid grenades

That cannot be a healthy diet. Get yourself a chef immediately before the entire Avenger begins dropping poisonous clouds.

how do you know that's not the intent?

>first fight against the warlock
>long watch executed from across the map

these guys ain't so tough

Oh, if only you knew the truth...

>*dies on overwatch*
youtu.be/D2O3cM1alDw?t=25m19s

playing a horde mission for first time drunk,, between Tassadar and Nigerian machete guy I think I can kill as many zombies as the game can spawn every turn
>Marseilles
>mission icon was in Sicily
wew

eughhhhhhhhhh I'm glad they made it so 2+ reaction shots are resolved simultaneously but they need to address rend on void rift

Does adaptive bone marrow reduce wound time from deploying with fatigue?

mmmmmmmm

Has anyone tried the engineer bullet wizard build? Was thinking about trying it on lategame engineers since the grenades fall off..

swords>>zombies

I would recommend you MEC your engineers instead.

That's what I usually do but curiosity killed the cat

You build half of your Engineers for Sapper/Mayhem and half of them for utility (always take Repair on all of them). You MEC the half you built for Sapper/Mayhem.

WOTC VERSION WHEN

Speaking of MECs, I had never noticed this but their stat growth is not 'balanced' as it is with normal classes. Archers get 3hp, 14 aim and 14 will total, Shoguns 5hp 17 aim and 14 will.

Ey can I still get cheevos if I install some gameplay mods from the workshop?
I just want to make mission timers a bit more forgiving.

humblebundle.com/store/the-bureau-xcom-declassified

yes

you can even install mods to give you the achievments

>you can even install mods to give you the achievments
Where's the fun in that?

>play the game in a stupid way to get internet points
>fun

y tho

Yes, it is fun to do weird things like only use 4 soldiers in a campaign.

Because he's a degenerate. Hunter is the only kissable Chosen.

>...

>I'd like to say that I've prepared some elaborate traps for you, but honestly, I never expected anybody to come here willingly.
>I'll defeat you in the name of the Eld- who am I kidding? I just like to kill things.
best Chosen

Nurse Snek mod WHEN?

>He doesn't want to convert Vipers to his side.

humblebundle.com/store/the-bureau-xcom-declassified?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=The_Bureau_XCOM_DECLASSIFIED_Free_Game_Announce

LADS

BUREAU PORTS FUCKING WHEN

Not the most flattering picture, I'll admit...

>Chase down the Warlock first because I found him the most annoying and wrecked his ass
I kind of felt sorry for him at the end, like the poor guy just needed a hug or something. Growing up under mama-elder must suck.
Maybe that's why the Commander prefers to pretend he's Human.

The Warlock and Hunter are both completely insane. If you read the log files in the Commander's Quarters, it looks like the Warlock was always pretty crazy on account of his uncontrolled Psionic powers, while the Hunter went nuts after being brainwashed and indoctrinated with military/counter-insurgency tactics. So I think they're both supposed to be a bit pitiable, really, especially when you realise the Elders consider the Chosen to be failed experiments and don't actually care for them. They're being used, manipulated, and eventually discarded in the hopes of keeping XCOM busy long enough for the AVATAR project to complete.

Will there ever be more Beagles?

He was talking about a LW2 style WotC campaign just a couple weeks ago.

>play beta strike legend grim horizon
>add in chosen AI mod so the warlock can spawn in zombies while active
>add in additional enemy perks so warlock has normal sustain which gives him another turn to spawn in zombies while he's at 1 health
>warlock gets general, shadowstep, low profile, and agile

Play meme settings get memed on. This guy pulled 60 spectral zombies and lancers out of his ass and I only managed to "kill" him once.

Interestingly if you use the ADVENT medic mod one of the 4 troopers that spawns in with General will be a medic which is neat.

Do the Chosen have any snarky dialogue if you come after them in their lairs and fail to kill them?

Yes.

Yes, though that's not as bothering as the faction leader comments.

bureau is actually pretty ok

i get the impression that people exploded at it because their first taste of xcom in like a decade was a mostly completely unrelated tactical shooter but it's pretty fun on commander

Yeah, it's all right. Not really a fan of the alien armor though.

That one modder on reddit said he was porting the stuff but it never came to be

I want to dress up my troops in different types of suits

Someone please spoonfeed me. I downloaded the full mod pack from Megaupload, and the alternative mod launcher. I unzip all the mods I want and point the Mod Launcher to the folder containing them and nothing appears. How do I get the mods I downloaded to show up in the launcher? I can't even find instructions or a FAQ for it.

Base game or WotC?

Base game, steam version, launcher properly launches game when I click the "Run XCOM 2" button.

Allright, first off, grabbing the latest version of the alternate mod launcher may help if you don't have it:
github.com/X2CommunityCore/xcom2-launcher/releases/tag/v1.2.1
After that, do the same stuff, make a mod folder in you xcom2 steam folder, point the alternate launcher to it if it doesn't automatically detect them.

Then, start taking screenshots of the stuff your doing. So the mod folder directory/mod files and the settings you have for the alternate mod launcher.

Is there a mod to make hunter as strong as other chosen?

Chosen AI

Thanks, I just used the one in the OP, which was only 0.4.3. Same problem with 1.2.1, though.

Here's my setup.

I see the problem. You can't have your mods in categories like that, unless you are pointing the launcher to every folder. The launcher only looks one path down the folder for the mod file.

I see, thank you. I thought that might be it and tried pointing it to an exact folder for just one mod but still nothing shows up. I guess I could use an example of what a mod folder should look like and where the directory selection should actually be?

I guess I'm retarded but I seriously can't find any guides or anything online.

Yeah go ahead, we'll try to walk through the whole thing.

There's Chosen AI mod, but it doesn't fix that his abilities are inherently weaker than the other Chosen. All he can do is shoot, but he's not even especially good at that. He relies on getting strengths like Revenge.

I installed Additional Enemy Perks to see if he'd fare better but Return Fire, the perk he would benefit the most from, is bugged (Hunter's pistol doesn't have the return fire ability) as are many other perks.

So here is what my mod launcher looks like

Here is my mod folder with totally not lewd mods in it.

Okay, I figured it out. I just needed to change the folder structure. Thanks a lot!

And finally, the files in the totally not lewd mod, mod folder

Oops, guess I don't need it anyway

Glad to help. I'll add the updated mod launcher to the /xcg/ pastebin while I'm at it.

>using lewd mods

I'd use them if there was one with the lewd bits cut out. They've got some unique stuff not in anything else.

I just don't want my little cousins to ask why some of our soldier's titties are hanging out.

You can comment out any cosmetic pieces you don't like. Just open the mod folders, find xcomContent.ini and comment out the lines with pieces you don't like.
At least I think that's how it works.

How do you stop cosmetic pieces from appearing randomly like on civies or personnel? EX: Faceless heads or invisible body parts?

Pretty sure what I detailed should do that. Ask for a second opinion on someone who makes mods though if you want to be sure.