/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Best beast edition

Let him buff >New players read this then unplug your modem and finish the story mode offline:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>/bbg/'s resources, builds & mechanics guide:
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ

>DLC access:
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html

>Build planner:
mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne

>AR calculations:
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-Guide to unlock FRC chalices for spelunks & fight clubs: i.imgur.com/KgVUkyd.jpg
-Gem farming, lost/uncanny weapons, and runes spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-2nd gem farming spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-SFRCs & FDs: i.imgur.com/yRxbVsN.png (open this image if you want early wheel, chikage, and burial blade)

>PVE & PVP - Spelunking/sinister chalices:
-Spelunks happen. Join em. Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders.
-Sinister chalice race on Friday at 6pmET/11pmUTC (if enough show, spelunks otherwise)
-Race rules & signup: docs.google.com/document/d/1PIWNIOpp2j3Hc7XJBZu_1yEYKAEIXxHEXiY0--sykqw

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/E8zcBcQ.png
-Pthumeru: n6rc9jh8
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=4OdLgsZOM14
docs.google.com/document/d/1PIWNIOpp2j3Hc7XJBZu_1yEYKAEIXxHEXiY0--sykqw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PURGE FILTH

>Not cut content edition

WHERE'S THAT SPELUNK DUDE?

THIRD FOR WAIFUS

here
Spelunking a depth 4 pthumeru with all rites because they seem to have the most interesting shit inside

Glyph is n4ty7jcd
Pass is spyral
will be ringing at first lamp

Did you forget to open it? That glyph does not work.

how viable is the boom hammer and HMLS at really low / twink-level stats? Like with full nourishing gems and 20 STR / 15 ARC

yeah i'm stupid i probably typed it wrong and savescummed back so i've opened another one
glyph is rgsrrnu8
pass is still spyral
i'll start ringing in 2 mins

one spot open

ringadingdong please let me in

there's still one spot open

Anything is viable with FRC gems at Twink level

full

>teasing a cool boss before presumably fucking off for over a week
Fuck Sanasdk, stealing cunt.

Fug, think I saw like 4 ghosts in the lamp area actually

Post yfw they remaster DaS1 before DeS

I'd be down if they make the latter half of the game actually good and add some weapon variety on the movesets.

That wasn't intentional, I was looking for random invasions.

I got kicked off the servers, anybody else?
Yeah that wasn't very nice of him.

Layer 1 report
--
>uncanny reiter in preboss
>jordan invaded, got sawed while he was making his escape
>oinkers boss, a cooperator got oinked a second before he was made into bacon
Onto layer 2

Layer 2 report
>one (1) sage hair in pre-lamp
>the usual phtumerian """illusory""" wall in front of lamp
>bepis, staggere, cornered, bullied
onto layer 3

The latter half of the game is perfectly good, minus a part or so that's more difficult to appreciate. Stop cherrypicking, it doesn't make you look cool.
If the original Dark Souls was 100 hours of doing nothing but Lost Izalith it would still be a better game than Dark Souls 2, and arguably a good part of Dark Souls 3 as well.

I don't know why you and /dsg/ dislike me. I'm doing my best to improve the generals but you think I'm a villain. I'm not. I want you to know that what I'm doing is for the good of the future. Getting rid of waifuniggers will improve each general tenfold and yet you still think I'm the bad guy. Slowly.. little by little waifuniggers will destroy everything that is good.

They kill every general they touch. I'm willing to take on the mantle of removing each and every waifunigger even if it means you will hate me for it. I want to see this general thrive. Not rot away under waifuniggers.

I love beast possessed souls. You can have them do all the dangerous work for you, like fighting lever guardians that can one-shot you

>muh waifuniggers
>has no problem with ENBnigger shitting up threads
poor taste

I can't get enough of Egg

>muh copy pasted capra demons
>not 1
>not 2
>but 3 of the worst bosses in the series in a single area (ceaseless, firesage and bed of chaos)
>backstabfest PVP
>ridiculously overpowered poise
>garbage weapon balance
>asylum demon is rehashed 3 times
>horrid optimization, even in consoles
DaS is overrated as fuck, it's amazing, and it nailed the formula down, but to say it's the best when 3 and BB improved and refined every single one of it's shitty aspects it's a sin. Now granted, BB and 3 have problems of their own, but DaS has way more while also being clearly unfinished.

>poise works
>it's overpowered
Back to ds3 with you.

Of course it works, retard, it's overpowered, that's the point.

I was agreeing with you until you actually implied that DaS3 (aka, "Hey guys! Remember Dark Souls 1? Remember how much you liked that game? Well here's the exact same thing but worse") was a better game

Not the same user, but DeS, DaS2, DaS3 and BB handled it better than DaS1. DaS1 poise is a travesty that breeds bad playstyles, both PvE and PvP wise.

Curse the general...

It's posters, too...

And their newfags....forever true...

DaS3 is a 'better game' but it's also a more boring approach to the series, the bosses have flashy designs and movesets, hit hard and have little gimmicks and of course the DaS cocksucking is everywhere, they played it so safe it came to a detriment. That's why even if it's 'better' than DaS it's still seems worse (and rightfully so) because it doesn't do anything interesting unlike every other entry, including even 2.

When I can beat 4 Kings at sl1 by just equipping havels and mashing R1 and occasionally Square, you know your mechanic is overpowered.

>enbnigger shitting up threads
Chill man. I've tried to keep the maria pics to a minimum.

>DaS cocksucking
Well wtf they were supposed to do for the conclusion of the series when DS2 completely wasted it's status as a sequel?

does anybody want to spelunk? name your poison

You're right, defense shouldn't grant you protection from damage.

DaS3 is a really safe title lorewise but it pulls off some things really well, like bosses. The gameplay in general is really good, even the OP rolls, the most flimsy mechanic, work fine in PvE. The two main flaws are exactly that lack of daring/ambition when it takes to ending the Dark Souls series plus the linearity. If you can see past those two flaws, it's an excellent game. Maybe if DaS2 didn't suffer from development hell it would have been better than 3, but even Scholar is much more flawed, and on a more fundamental level, and this is coming from someone with more than 1k hours on DaS2.

Its*
Dumbdumb

Layer 3 report
--
>DUDE smoking some poisonous doinks in front of lamp
>unc whee
>roaming hmph, nice
> waIT THERES ANOTHER FUCKING ROAMING HMPH BEHIND THE FIRST ONE WHAT THE FUCK
>somehow all of us survive this, mostly because one of the two hmphs fell down the platform at some point
>dude guarding a dangerous shwing bridge, a cooperator took care of it expertly but was then noscoped by its phtumerian pal behind
>ritualh blood meme in preboss
>HMPHS' dad as boss, wanted to avenge his children but to no avail
>no layer 4
Thanks for joining Hib and Yharnamite, pretty bland dungeon if it weren't for that big surprise on layer 3

I think DaS1 shouldn't have had direct sequels, just side stories in the same universe like DaS2 seemed to try but failed to execute (DaS2 story is a Frankestein monster mess, right from that intro, even though they tried to salvage it with Aldia going on and on about the "deep" plot points)

keke for unc whee i mean uncanny wheel in pre-boss, not that someone cares about it though

DaS3 does nothing new, it's literally all rehashes of previous games. DaS, as unpolished and awkward as it gets in some areas, is still a far more varied game, with Humanity, Convenants, how the fast travel was implemented, its interconnected world, it has strong experimental concepts, a thing brought over from the more experimental (and in my opinion, far better) Demon's, something that was touched upon in DaS2 to little success (although I appreciate it tried to have good ideas) and perfected in the far more fundamental shifts in BB. DaS3 is just a poor greatest hits of all that came before.

Two roaming hmphs? I don't spelunk aside from my invasions but it sounds quite rare and fun. Nice.

I'm going to fucking delete my Veeky Forums account right now

Isz or Loran pretty please

where are these false depth dungeons coming from? Who is making them? Are they making more of them / where can I find? I love exploring them with my twink and summoning random noobs and other twinks

I agree in everything except the "poor" part. I think DaS3 did what it set out to do really well. It just lacked more ambition. As for rehashes, From always does this, in fact I disliked the DaS2 ones more because they seem more nonsensical. For example, take the sunbros. In DaS2 the Altar of Sunlight is copypasted into the middle of Harvest Valley with no explanation, an area full of Shreks with an elevator to a lava kingdom in the heavens. The stuff you get from it is full of cringy Solaire quotes in the descriptions. In DaS3, the Sunlight Altar is copy pasted again, but in Lothric Castle, with some minor lore about the knights using lightning to fight and later tame dragons. Both are ultimately cheap, but it's presented better in 3, which is also a more direct sequel to 1. I can't defend Andre, though.

split it into more webms for a bit more quality

Thanks for hosting!

DS1 shouldn't have had sequels in the same universe if they didn't make use of what was established in 1. Would've been really cool to see Dark Souls 2 take place in some of the mentioned-only kingdoms of DS1 but instead they drop the whole setting of DS1 save for very embarrassingly stupid references like Nito's katana etc. Overall Drangleic worked pretty well but ds2 should have not been called dark souls 2. Dark Souls 3 kinda had the right idea but the way the levels were linked to each other was pretty awkward and it looked graphically HORRIBLE in some parts of the game, like try looking at the Road of Sacrifices from the Settlement and not puke in your mouth.

Dass rite and dontcha ever come back whiteboi

i saw him doing that thing too but didnt have a great view of it sadly, glad you recorded it

bonus

docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ/edit
Why are the beast claws in bad tier? They're fun to use! Got 40 vitality and endurance, 15 arcane for beast roar, pumping strength, beast embrace increases beasthood buildup, it's actually really fun.

To add to this, NPCs like Siegward have a distinct well done quest that doesn't simply rehash Siegmeyer, like the stuff with Yhorm. In fact, if they gave Siegward a new set of armor and a new name, it would definitely pass for a new NPC. It would have been much better but ultimately they played it safe, because the regular player goes "oh look it's onionbro!!!" and instantly digs the character instead of having to accept a new contestant into an already existing pantheon of legendary characters like Solaire and Siegmeyer. But still, aside from Lucatiel and maybe Vengarl, DaS2 was full of awful NPCs, even if they were new. I'd take 10 Siegwards before a single Laddersmith Gilligan or Whatever the Cartographer. Those were clearly the worst NPCs in the series.
Fun note: if I recall Laddersmith Gilligan shares VA with Gascoigne.

They're really fun, but it's tough using them in PvP. They really rip shit up in PvE though

Ah, my bad then. Been playing exclusively offline for a while.

>turd cutter
>good tier
>wheel
>decent tier
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

>it pulls off some things really well, like bosses
Nigga, Pontiff Sulyvahn and Nameless King were pretty much the only challenging bosses, the rest that weren't gimmicks were so piss easy you couldn't even enjoy them because of how fast they went down.

Kirkhammer is bad tier? I don't know if I'm just trash or that's blatantly wrong or both, but I have way more trouble with it than with for example Beast Cutter, which I can dispatch easily. It dishes out insane damage and the AoE shockwave sneaks in damage really well on someone dashing around.

Does the shaman bone blade not work on roaming bosses?

Seriously, when the fuck is from going to stop giving us warping right from the start? The lack of warping is pretty much what made early DaS so good.

Probably not, but you can use it on a regular mob to make them infight.

>Using beast embrace

it works on giants, don't know about actual roaming bosses like hmphs though

Works pretty well for pve.

That's just your experience in Souls showing. If you play for example DaS1 again you'll see it's a cakewalk too. The only Souls game that gave me some problems after having spent autistic amounts of hours in these games was Bloodborne. In DaS2 I beat the vast majority of the bosses first try, too.

This. At this point it seems DaS1's interconnected world was a fluke, of all the things they rehash, why couldn't they choose this? It's the main appeal of DaS1

People still PvE in this game?

>two hmphs

someone get this user some eyes

You know, since PvP is shit :)

if the user who put that image together is still around, I think it's time to revisit it and make a separate tier list for pve and pvp

youtube.com/watch?v=4OdLgsZOM14
Many of these characters look like they were cut because they just do not fit with the rest of the current game, must have been many changes to get to the final direction they wanted the game to go in. That golden beast and pig man are a shame though.

What's a good level for Co-op and PvP in areas like Forbidden Woods, Frontier and Yahar'gul?

>Have a clear idea of what fashion I'm going to wear
>Start liking the Kirkhammer instead
>The Butcher Hunter look I planned with the Whirly doesn't suit this more regal weapon
What should I even use? I'm pretty happy with how the face turned out so I might try some hat or whatever with Gascoigne's Garb, but aside from this I'm out of ideas, and I'm not sure what headwear would even fit. I like the Grey Wolf Cap, but I'm not sure it fits the Kirk.

Any Church armor, that includes Prospector and Executioner stuff. Grey Wolf Cap has a veteran look to it, it'll work well.

Spongebob-kun was right desu

How do I create a Finnish character?

make her look like this

>REMINDER
Sinister chalice race

>WHEN
Dec 1 at 11pm UTC, which is 20h30m from now
-3pm in Los Angeles & Vancouver
-6pm in NYC
-11pm in London
-10am on Dec 2 in Sydney & Melbourne

>WHO?
Every faction is invited, get your fukken RP on

>WHY?
Wheelbros need to be rolled for once

>WHERE?
2v8c6uzk

>WHAT???????
docs.google.com/document/d/1PIWNIOpp2j3Hc7XJBZu_1yEYKAEIXxHEXiY0--sykqw

>Additionally:
-rules have changed somewhat to encourage more invasions.
-we need either an executioner host who can make the time or other participants to start 4 hours before
-if you want to host for X covenant and have 2 people who want to fight with ya then we can have a 3-way race

Any anons want to come with me on a spelunk? I'll be hosting. Tell me what kind of chalice you would like.

Sadly i'm away from home this weekend.

Go win for the 4th(?) time Wheelbro's.

Can anyone invade? Do you have to add yourself to the doc?

Yes, pick whatever you feel like.

Depth 4 loran

I don't think there's been an Isz spelunk in a while. Let me make a backup really fast and I'll tell you the glpyh

PW will be succboi

Glyph is g36vacjy

PW succboi
fug, I already made an Isz

Ye ok, ringanging

its nice to know which covenant to award points for but if you dress the part that works too. the doc is editable

Ringading

Taking a while.

Is there a surefire way to get summoned as a purple?

I can see your ghost at least

Did you forget to turn on your password or something?

Thanks for the suggestions. Whirly is nice and all but I already have a dash r1 machine build, my Bloodletter shitter which I invade with. I feel like the Kirk offers a more varied and fun moveset, I love the L2s, the AoE roll catches, etc. With the Whirly I might end up overusing the dashing r1s, and I don't want that. Whirly is probably much better but right now I feel more motivated to base my character around the Kirk as it seems to have a higher skill ceiling, even if I end up using both weapons in the end.

the first chalice race was supposed to incorporate purple invasions. it was vilebloods vs executioners, but there were no purple invasions the whole time - it seems blue's get priority for the same summon slots.