Dota 2 general /d2g/

Incoming VP tears or OP will get BTFO edition

>INFORMATION & GUIDES
Major patch: dota2.com/duelingfates (7.07)
Minor patch: dota2.com/news/updates/ (7.07c)
New players: purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide/
New players (League refugee edition): dotabuff.com/learn/lol
Wiki: dota2.gamepedia.com/
Blog: blog.dota2.com/
Lore: dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35923
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic simulator:dotaloadout.com/
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page
Hero Stats, DPS Calculator & Interactive Map: devilesk.com/dota2

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 analysis: datdota.com/
Personal statistics: dotabuff.com/
Personal statistics#2: opendota.com/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/
gosugamers.net/
liquiddota.com/
Streamlink: github.com/streamlink/streamlink
GUI: github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wr15UVmovD4
twitch
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i just want to thank all the ta posters

Is this ability fundamentally flawed too:
W: Active attack modifier. When your attack impacts the target, it creates a smokey image at the target's location. After 1 second, the image disperses and launches one your normal attacks at the nearest unit within 600 range. Images have 600/600 ground vision.
CD: 6/4/2/0 Mana: 50

just played a game against a raging pagolier would get netted at the start of his ult and he couldnt do shit

What animal is Earthshaker supposed to be, dotards?

new net animation is so cute!!!!!

Haven't had internet for 3 months. The bots are really awful. The tiny bot doesn't level his talents. None of them channel their skills. The pudge one plays like 0 MMR unironically. Don't get my internet until next week either. I want to die.

What are the new heroes/items like?

naga net m8

all dota heroes are aliens, at least to our world
>inb4 humans in dota
pleb, we have no mana

seems retarded

Honestly net shouldn't stop his ult

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Okay wise guy, which animal is he *based on*.

Mods are asleep

Post the dirtiest dota related picture you have

a gorilla

hey guys remember when bulldog was going to attend ti7 then got rejected at the airport? good times

that smug fuck is balls deep in sheever as i type this

Well he certainly isn't titty fucking her

dark

>enemy picks bristleback
>teammates can't fight him
>lose once he gets heart
every time.

Is there a better way to have a right-click based ability that slowly turns any fight into a deadly clusterfuck?

I'm sure none of you rabid fanboys will admit it, but this game is far past its better years. I remember quite vividly how the DotA community used to pride itself on how uncompromisingly hardcore the game was. Now you guys spend your time defending baby mode changes like rubber banding and increases to passive gold gain/nerfs to creep gold, 2 completely and utterly babymode additions that serve literally no other purpose other than to hand gold to shitty players. Unfortunately, as it turns out, handing out gold like candy in a game that has heroes that scale vastly differently wasn't such a good idea after all, which is the exact reason the stupid ass talents now exist.
This game is totally trash now. Sure, it's better than garbage like League or HotS, but you've hardly hit the stars by standing above a pile of festering turds. I have no idea how anyone who played this game pre-2014 can actually still defend this. Judging by the sagging playercount, though, it seems that more and more people are starting to feel like I do lol. i admit it, its total trash now that icefrog is high on coke all the time from that valve money, and clearly doesnt know what he's doing - like ruining heroes like tiny and morph, or the autism talents, and every patch changes the map
but i am a rabid fanboy, wc3 dota is awesome, dota 2 is poop with sprinkles on top
and most people here are league rejects and clearly dont know what they are talking about so don't take this sub seriously

Nice novel, fag.

tldr

this is the nastiest shit I have

not for the faint of heart

game suck i post on Veeky Forums

So did cold cap not work of what?

Me on the right, with this girl
>pic related

Anyone else watching jimmy? He good

The game isn't quite as engaging as it was. I am a long time player and Dota has kinda lost some of its gleam when roles of heroes and limitations of map became blurred. Strong heroes like Medusa get strong way faster than before. You can't really rat the same way anymore. Jungle sucks, so you are practically forced to always lane. The meta gets stale very fast, since there's essentially just 1 way to play a team composition now. Ultra rice carries don't exist anymore, supports turn to utility cores with talents, causing pretty much every hero being equally strong, par some bullshit ones. I preferred the way that when you drafted or picked, you had your mind set on what your lineup can do. Nowadays, you don't really even know which team is stronger at what point. I like talents, but on the other hand, multi classing beats the point of a niche class system.

I'd still have sex with her if she asked

Which region is the most infamous and aggressive? I haven't tested all of them but in EU every game is a manslaughter. It's like you're playing Morkat Kombat, punch until it's over. Kinda defeats the idea of Dota.

>Accidentally changed the 'select courier' key when rebinding a few keys
>Courier comes bot and feeds to their carry
>"It wasn't me, i have nothing on courier, check when it respawns"
>It happens again
>"omg morph wtf your perseverance is on it, why bring to fight"
>everyone starts blaming our carry
>finally check options and unbind it
>say nothing :^)

Eu is probably the answer, though i don't know how SEA pubs and SA are

Each region has its own bunch of retards, pinoys, slavs and peruvians. So a shitshow everywhere.

devilish

Who will play them in the inevitable biopic?

Ogre Magi, Void, Earthshaker

Fizzz is not ourguy

You're right. JMGN is.

>discordshitters

it's always the faggots using all these new social media site like kik and shit

it's like they can't wait to discover a new way to find cock for their asses

>enemy two-stack picks huskar-dazzle
>they're actually good

>Complains about Discord in the only general without a Discord
This is how you end up reverse-psychologying one into existence, just so you know.

How do you deal with a bristle zeus dual offlane? That combo is super cancer.

user this general has a discord and it's fucking trash. That's what he is saying

crystal maiden, necro, bloodcyka

>
It's literally a meme invented by one guy. There isn't a /d2g/ Discord.

>t. DIDF

Is Pangolier and Battle Fury's damage intentional or is it a bug?

Name one piece of evidence that supports the existence of a /d2g/ Discord aside from people pretending it exists.

the presence of discordshitters like yourself
the greatest trick the discordshitter ever played was convincing the general he didn't exist

Anyone got the rank-mmr table?

dude just buy wand lmao

are saying it's too high or too low?

He may be reddit trash but he's not wrong, you know.

ya it's all true, sadly :(

Battle fury cleaves off every hit of his swashbuckle and off itself so as soon as you hit a bfury you can instantly 1 shot an enemy team in a creep wave. At 2 you basically win by default.

dreamleague when?

Thirdies don't deserve internet

If 5 retards all stand in a perfect line behind a creepwave echo slam 1 shots them too, what's your point?

Battlefury does fuck all in anything less than perfect conditions, and even then you'd better pray they didn't buy a crimson guard.

All social media sites are cancer not just the new shit.

But you can use swashbuckle a lot more often than just once every 2 minutes and even with just 1 or 2 people it'll still 1 shot squishies

Am I doing something wrong? I put an enemy perfectly behind a creepwave in demo and swashbuckle so the cleaves are all pointed toward that hero, and it doesn't even do 1000 damage. Naked javelins does more damage and doesn't require a full creep wave and perfect positioning.

How often do you actually notice enemy supports sitting in middle of creepwave? It might be an opportunity related to your mmr (or lack thereof)

what qualifies as tactical pause? what is a teammate dc's as the fight starts, can the team pause then?

it's region dependent i think
it works off percentiles so it's a little off

ded

>that feel when you do the best possible job on support but your cores don't group up and you slowly lose the game

If you are winning too hard the cores will start slacking. That's why you need to feed a little to keep the game even and your cores on their toes.

if you want some kinky shit like this, just pick es, sven, magnus or monkey king.

Can I get a quick rundown on the new patch? I uninstalled the game after ti6

is this man secretly a psychopath

of course, look at those eyes
hes completely dead inside

this happens to me so much

I'm going to calibrate only playing tide
What medal will I get

day9 is extremely narcissistic
I don't think anyone understands that he has a niche following and doesn't really appeal to the mainstream. He basically just fits this role of super pumped nerd that loves to hear his own voice and ideas.
As long as day9 is a main caster only nerds will watch. I can't stand day 9 at all, when he first started doing shows (sc:bw) and had maybe 100 viewers it was okay but the ego is really affecting him and he honestly thinks he is better than the pros in these tournaments. He's like secretly super insecure too and at every point must mention how much better he is than X.

iceiceice stream is comfy

>bracket grouping all teams according to region

What the fuck is dreamleague doing

Why is /ourogre/ still teamless?
Black/Cancel/W33/Synd/Aui stack WHEN

NA dun want to see EU vs EU final

i played hard 5 in 9 of my games and my power went out in the core game
i still got 4.6
I used to be 4.8 i think

It really doesn't matter. I think i saw qsnake boosting a 4k account with core and had 900 gpm each game 10-0 still got around 4.2 same as original

i love his strims, also is his waifu the one in the pic where he is holding his niece

>Black
>SingSing
>SexyBamboe
>ComeWithMe
>1437
rate my team

>cwm
4/10 see me after class

>Me
>Me
>Me
>Me
>Me
Rate my team, plebs.

Qualify for ti after one team has visa issues and has to withdraw and get 16th place

mouz/10
hope they get 2nd in dreamhack to navi xd

>mfw I cheered for this fucking team back in TI2 qualifier and have to stay up all night for it

youtube.com/watch?v=Wr15UVmovD4

Fuck this team desu

WHEN IS DREAMLEAGUE
I NEED ESPORTS
REEEEEEEE

it's live
twitch
.tv/dreamleague

they can call it Team Wouldabeengood3yearsago

based dreamhack

Memeleague has audiences?

>alan bester