totalwar.com/blog/thrones-britannia-faq
store.steampowered.com/app/712100/Total_War_Saga_Thrones_of_Britannia/
totalwar.com/blog/thrones-of-britannia-878-ad

Mortal Empires hotfix patch notes:
totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-hotfix-patch-notes

Empire Divided info:
totalwar.com/blog/empire-divided-power-politics-faq
store.steampowered.com/app/694880/Total_War_ROME_II__Empire_Divided/
[YouTube]Total War: Rome 2 Empire Divided - Sassanid Siege (Massive Battles)

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
Summary:
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Previous

FIRST FOR MONGOLS
I, the first Temujin poster, will post the rightful ruler of all the world, the bedder of a thousand women and the conquerer of all before him until we get a proper Mongol total war.

Second for the new unit card hate.

Seriously wtf

Did the empire divided update break DeI? It was just fine until today and now I have banditry bars, new UI and all the stats seem out of balance. Are DeI guys updating?

>Turn 200 of my empire Me campaign
>The high elves are wearing floppy hats.
>the dark elves have all been strangled with large impressive moustaches
>archaon died under a hail of cannon balls
>let's not forget fighting Surtha Ek, once a turn, every turn from Middenheim back to the chaos wastes
>around 100 turns were spent getting rid of the undead in Sylvania and mousillon who took nearly all of bretonnia
Never saw a Skaven the entire campaign or indeed an orc after wiping out the ones next to marienburg.
I just wish there were more of them to fight or less chaos. Just for some variety?
Before some redditfugee says "well you aren't meant to see Skaven..." you know fine well what I mean.

Yeah they will

>ME will never be fixed

Looks like it was done by the same guy that did Charlemagne's unit cards. I do think they're better than the default Rome 2 ones.

Yes to both questions.

@ wut wud ur ideal unitcard look like ? ?

post screenshots my dudes

>using an American as the OP pic
user this is a history general. You might as well post something with history and culture. Maybe some mouldy yoghurt.

TWWH so far has the hands down best unit cards of any series, should be the standard for every TW game.

A picture of Settra

>two races basically exist as literal vermin
>have no possible productive use to anyone
>do pretty much everything that could possibly make people want to exterminate them
>they get exterminated

They only exist in fantasy because lore forbids anyone from actually having decisive wars.

At least Charlemagne's unit cards fit with the game's theme and aesthetic. This is just weird choice for CA to suddenly make new 50+ unit cards. What a waste of time.

Rome 2's original unit cards.

I know it gets a lot of hate but after playing both Attila and Rome 2 for more than 100 hours, I definitely think Rome2's unit cards are less confusing during battles and more appealing.

I loved Attila and played it longer than Rome 2, but Attila unit cards look like they had 0 efforts. Rome 2's unit cards just stuck with me.

>making a new thread before image or bump limit

>making a new thread on another board and linking it to the old thread

>This is just weird choice for CA to suddenly make new 50+ unit cards. What a waste of time.
Well they did have to actually add a butt load of new units for every faction especially with a ton of new factions, which isn't something they had to do for the other expansions for Rome 2 since they all just used mostly the same units from the grand campaign, so I think it's justified. Just wished they had used some cash and time to record new VO for the basic units. Kind of stupid to hear Palmyrene units using the Roman VO when they're a bunch of hellenized Syrians, and really immersion breaking when you hear Alani units shouting FOR GERMANIA!

Anyone trying to exterminate them would be hard pressed to do. The both are very widely spread. Going south to exterminate the Orcs would suffer massive casualties since the area is full of fucking Orcs. The terrain is mostly wide and flat and Orcs are drawn to conflict. Maybe if the Empire and the Dwarves combined forces to put their entire military might into such a campaign. They could maybe exterminate the Orcs already in their borders and retake most karaks. But they couldn't go into the south or east.

Same if not doubly so with the skaven. The skaven are rats and breed like it. Being under every major city of well men and dwarves. Not only that but any direct military action against skavenblight would be horrific and cost so much in lives I'd wouldn't be worth it.

First you'd have to get your troops there.
Then you'd have to march through the horrifying swamps before it.
Your army would be starving and sick at the gates of skaven blight.
But you say fuck it and go in anyway.
It's a warren of tunnels tunnels and more tunnels with thousands of side tunnels.
There's warpstone fucking everywhere.
Neither and the Empire of dwarves employe or understand what gas mask are
The skaven use poison gas
Poison gas in tunnels.
To top it of. Not only is skavenblight. Being their capital most likely the highest concentration of skaven in the world. Meaning you'd have to kill all of them. Which could be a million or more.

You would also have every skaven in the world attacking your shit back home. Because the skaven have fucking telephones of all things and can talk about what's happening.

Post 10/10 banners

>turning things around in DeI caesar in gaul as caesar
>game updates
>can't enjoy DeI anymore

Is there a way to roll back to previous version?

Skaven have telephones? Cool, where can I read on that?

>fourth crusades your path

>heh, personalis hedum in frusta concerperet nihil

Yeah it's called pirate the game

so again, cause new bread:
my thoughts so far:

>Shogun
really bad in all regards, specially on Total War trademark?: battles. and btw, Im an oldfag who really loves old games, so yes, I know how to rate a game based on context/year and all that. it could be really really more/better game even for that period. very simple building/city managment, diplomacy is shit and battles are horrible, awful lack of control making you wonder if you are just an spectator or what after the initial deploy. looks and feel like they missed by A LOT what they thought about the idea/concept of the game and what they actually manage to do.
>Mongols Expansion
classic old cheap way to add/improve nothing at all and call it new content. shit like Shogun 1
>Medieval
starting to see some potential here, but again, pretty bad for that time. the improvements for city managment and diplomacy were not enough, at all. battles started to feel almost ok, almost like it should be. overall the game looked like how it should have been the very first Total War game/concept
>Viking Expansion
still mediocre for that time standards but passable
>Rome
oh boy, now we are talking. this is it, this is the game you had in your mind Creative Assembly cunts. overall, pretty good, improving literally everything from older games and making it better. all feels adecuate, still needs a bit of work about diplomacy and battles control unit/AI, but for that time its really good.
>Barbarians and Alexander Expansion
bretty good too, specially Alexander because I always loved that god(man)

They're called far-squekers and feature in the books. I'm sure a warhammer wiki site has an article of them. And while I said telephones they're a bit of a mixture of a phone and a radio. Being as the skaven seem to be able to call individuals but as it's described in the books it appears to be a radio the size of a small house built by Da'vinchi on a Coke fueled bender and with enough brass and cogs to make a steampunk fetishist wet dream come to life. It also tends to explode.

So just like everything the Skaven make.

>Medieval II
well, I was expecting a big improvement (like Medieval to Rome) here and it didnt happens, not at all. somehow feels slighty worse than Rome. maybe because I didnt like the art/style of this new one, at least initially. after playing it a bit I was felling "this aint that bad". the game grow on me and ended up pretty good in fact
>Kingdoms Expansion
dunno exactly why, but I really like it. specially America and Crusades. again, the game grow on me and I ended up thinking this is better than Rome, the TW saga is really starting to take off and improving more and more. nice city managment, ok diplomacy and battles are feeling better and better.

like I said, now its time for the TW Engine 3 era, starting with Empire and Napoleon. but I dont think I will have the stomach. as far as I know, both are looking pretty bad, and I really hate that fucking historical era. both games looks like Creative Assembly failed again to improve the game like they should. its like going three steps forward (Rome and Medieval II) and now 2 steps back with these two games.

should I play them? or better to jump on Shogun 2 and Rome 2?

>Shitting on Shogun I/Medieval I
>Liking Alexander expansion

This is the worst post I've seen in the five years I've been browsing /twg/. Rome 1 was the worst Total War of the first three games, it capsulized the series and was only popular because of the the graphics. Viking Invasion in particular had a very good reputation back when people remembered the original games.

>should I play them? or better to jump on Shogun 2 and Rome 2?
If you don't like gunpowder game play or the time period, no just go straight to Shogun 2, unless you want a baseline for comparison with Fall of the Samurai.

I like em. They look like old mosaics or frescos.

But who cares if the UI is still dogshit.

>Empire and Napoleon will never be remade using mechanics from FOTS

It hurts me. Empire is my favorite time period outside of Rome and to know it will never have the lethality and stability of FOTS. Hurts.

That's why I really want a Total War: Victoria. Fall of the Samurai gunplay with all the quality of life changes from later TW games would be fucking amazing.

I'd say you should give it a try, you may warm up to line units with arty and light cav. Or you could always just play maratha or ottomans and fight old school in melee.

>Kind of stupid to hear Palmyrene units using the Roman VO when they're a bunch of hellenized Syrians, and really immersion breaking when you hear Alani units shouting FOR GERMANIA!
Didn't they spend like 2 years working on this DLC? I can't believe they didn't bothered to make such simple changes.

>yfw Prussia is preorder DLC

As someon who loves the American Civil War to death. I'd be delighted for a game that has those quality of life changes and mechanics from FOTS focused on that period.

Well with th Saga titles perhaps my fervent hope will become reality.

>Shitting on Shogun I/Medieval I
Shogun 1 is a bad game. there is no way arround, no justification at all. it was a 2000 game, not a 1995 one like it feels/play.
Medieval 1 was decent, but again, late for a 2002. and the Viking expansion just the same: decent. but classic ol' vikangz effect numbling you.
if they started the TW saga, in 1998-2000, with the Medieval 1 game/type, then ok, you will be right. but they dont, they started late and improved to slow and too little.
>Liking Alexander expansion
whats exactly wrong here other than big af territory? and I already said I like it for the Veeky Forums
>Rome 1 was the worst Total War of the first three games, it capsulized the series
how in the fucking hell can be worse and not better than Shogun/Medieval 1 and wtf are you talking about """"capsulized the series""""

I dont like that period at all, and rise/fall looks pretty bad to me too. all the gunpowder units/tactics, so fucking boring. the only variable being arty/cav charges, and numbers ofc. always hate it, so dumb and simple. also all the colonies gimmick, the America-EU-India separation/logistics... so tedious seriously.
I guess just Shogun 2 will be fine.

dunno who will like that period that much to justify redoing that era/games before other games, others than anglojews ofc

>Didn't they spend like 2 years working on this DLC?
lol no
They probably spent a couple of months max making ED. They were just looking for a way to come out with more historical content after 2 straight years of Warhammer, and make a quick buck, and making a quick DLC for Rome 2, their historical title with the most concurrent players, was the best way to do that. I reckon they only spent about 1/5 of a Charlemagne on ED.

>doesn't like gun powder because theirs no "tactics"

See. This is how I know your bad. You see gunpowder line based combat as boring because you prefer Rock Paper Scissors systems.

You have no idea about artillery placement, formations of infantry, reserve placement, unit coverage, weight of fire. You find the tactics of the time period boring because you know nothing about the tactics of the time period. It's akin to saying that sword and spear combat is boring because it's just to lines of guys stabbing each other.

Read up a little on Carolus Rex and his campaigns and tactics as well as Napoleons and Wellingtons. The use of artillery, the use of column rather then line by the French. The staggered formations of Carolus. You don't like it because you don't bother to learn it.

I dont like it because even considering all the things you said, its still the worse period tactical wise (but prob the most logistic wise oriented). and Im pretty sure the Empire/Napoleon games will not reflect, like in any measure at all in fact, any of the subtle things that had tactical impact on that era.

and sweetie, you are not the only one "military expert" here.

t. military family, officers, growing with plenty of books and shit about it

Not that guy, but some of the stuff he mentioned is actually really relevant to ETW and especially NTW.
Weight of fire, reserve and artillery placement/movement are all hella important. Moving in columns can actually be useful even in TW scale.
Fair enough not liking a period, but I don't see how it's bad tactically compared to any other TW game.

I didnt said its bad per se, just boring for me. and compared to other TW games, I assume is less tactical than other games. again, because games in general, for that era, usually fail to catch the little things like I said.

but now you are making me wonder if TW really have something real to offer here, in that type of era battles. you happy now powdertards?

So the DLC launch went about as well as expected. Nearly no one showing any actual interest for it, most of the talk still about Mortal Empires, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if good old Beastmen ended up selling more than the long awaited return to history.

Daily reminder that CA took ressources away from working on Warhammer 2 for THIS

Nah, if they ever make a Victoria TW, they will include the most prominent faction from each of the most profitable countries. So expect nothing but Prussia, Russia, UK, USA, France, Austria, Sweden, Ottomans, Spain and Sicily on launch, with the rest being DLC

Why couldn't they just add the rome 2 grand campaign to attila?

Because then the "loyal" "fans" would just bitch at CA for selling reused assets instead. To be honest, I wasn't even that opposed to a late R2 DLC if it had been something truly different. Like an Alexander campaign with a new map from Greece to India, similar to Age of Charlemagne's scope.

I lost interest when they made it clear it would still be far inferior to Attila in gameplay mechanics.

i can run rome 2, wh, and wh2 just fine. attila runs like shit.

But can you run CRYSIS?

I can run THIS right into yours dad's vagina

No, don't have sex with my dad.

already did, 14yo ago. son.

>tfw they are just going to add some shitty minor free dlc this month

Post yfw you realized that CA will only release Tomb Kings for Warhammer 2 and all the other races you dreamed about were scrapped in favour of crappy R2 DLC and TW Saga

Play an old game called Shadow of the Horned Rat

The Sassanids are pretty comfy

Full Reprisal Update/Norsca never ever

aight lads
which free DLC should I claim
Black Seas Colonies or Wrath of AnthoniusII

>First battle in Empire Divided
>Run general in Chariot into one unit of skirmishers
>They get off a single volley
>"Your general has fallen!"
>Entire army starts to waver

Goddamn I forgot how much General units fucking sucked until Attilla. I've had battles in older games where they literally just died instantly after charging light infantry. Don't get me started on Napoleon.

I fucking hate CA so much

This is great. Anyone with half a brain could have seen the mess that unfolds right now the moment CA came out and said they will have 3 history releases the following 12 months.

But whenever you came out and suggested that MAYBE CA wouldn't be able to handle WH2, Mortal Empires, WH2 DLC, Empire Divided, TW Saga and the next full history game in the same year you got hit with the same dumb "buh-but they have different teams" response from the usual shitter here. Now you can see what happens when CA tries to balance history and fantasy releases. I actually feel vindicated right now

it smells like pasta above me

>Total Yolo your general into jabalins
>"wtf my general got impaled!"

>until Atilla
you mean until Warhammer

I'm dead serious actually. This general went into full fanboi mode shortly before launch and ridiculed anyone who suggested that CA might mess up such a full schedule

Fucking kek

I know
I was just saying that you cooked up some prime pasta

its not "this general" its the unwelcome ledditors that /pol/ brought in

Well I, for one, enjoy R2 and it's new DLC (although I don't think the price is justified).

I'm just hoping we get tomb kings soon too.

Rome 2 is great. Anyone with half a brain could have seen the mess that unfolds right now the moment CA came out and said they will make a new game but have preorder DLC.

But whenever you came out and suggested that MAYBE CA wouldn't be able to handle Rome, Pontus, People That Dont Want to Play As Pontus, Celtic tribes, Dolphin-riding Boys and half a dozen DLCs for the game in the same year you got hit with the same dumb "buh-but they gave Fall of Samurai" response from the usual shitter here. Now you can see what happens when CA tries to make any game whatsoever. I actually feel Roman right now

I played Medieval when it was new and you are very incorrect that it was bad for the time. There was nothing else like it (except Shogun) and very enjoyable at the time, all faults are things I've found in retrospect after getting used to the newer games.

Whn do I get muh sword carrying Hastati and Principes in DEI? I'm tired of my romans carrying spears

The Mediterranian is Mare Nostrum. Anyone with half a brain could have seen the barbarians that invading right now the moment the Seleukids came out and said they will defeat our armies in the following 12 months.

But whenever you came out and suggested that MAYBE Rome wouldn't be able to handle The Gauls, Iberians, Egyptians, Greeks, Germans and the Eastern states in the same century you got hit with the same genius tactiction "Veni, Vidi, Vici" response from the great Jvlivs Caesar here. Now you can see what happens when barbarians try to change the course of history and Roman domination. I actually feel like invading Carthage right now.

>Entire unit of chariots worthless against skirmishers

its just meant to aid in running away from units, not actually attacking

Well in that case, enjoy the pasta I gave you.

No, something is up with Generals in Attilla. I think the game goes out of its way to keep the general alive until a certain unit hp threshold is reached or something.
In 200hrs of play I never saw a general die whose unit wasn't being completely wrecked, compared to random shit luck getting your general killed in most other titles. I was actually yearning for Warhammer-style generals until Attilla, then I saw how fucking stupid it was to have one guy in heavy armur holding off hundreds of heavily armoured knights by himself. They did make generals a bit more squishy in W2, to their (minor) credit.

*then I saw in Warhammer how stupid it was, I meant

Carthage is great. Anyone with half a brain could have seen the mess that unfolds right now the moment Romans came out and said to pay a heavy tribute and reduce our navy to the bare minimum.

But whenever you came out and suggested that MAYBE we could go over the Alps perhaps, while being able to handle Romans, the cold attrition, Italic tribes, the battle of Cannae, the sacking of the peninsula and the full roman navy in the same year you got hit with the same dumb "buh-but carthago delenda est" response from the usual shitter here. Now you can see what happens when Rome tries to win against the superior black genetics. I actually feel like acomplishing quite a feat right now.

I played in that time other games, mostly RTS (C&C, etc.) or such (Civ2, etc) and no, Medieval was not ok for city managment and diplomacy. too simple and lacking too many easy to incorporate features. and no excuses can be given here. only battles can have a pass in that time (graphics, models, physics, engine, AI, etc.) because that was really not that much you can do there in that time. and also battles were ok.

like I said, Im being pretty fair in my valorations and taking into account the context/years of each game as an old player fart myself.

Here's a better series analysis by a non-retard who played all listed games when they were new (won't list things I did not play when new or expansions)

Medieval: Very enjoyable, the strategic/tactical mix was still very novel at the time

Rome: A mindboggling leap of technology when compared to Medieval, and impresses just by virtue of graphics alone. A very good game, but crippling AI issues (extremely passive strategical AI, wonky siege AI all around, very odd system where squalor and thus unhappiness never stops to increase in your cities given enough time). I actually missed the old strategic 'boardgamey' map at this time, I was not completely sold on the new system.

Medieval: INQUISITORS. THE ATTACK ANIMATION BUGS. For those that do not know...in the release version, inquisitors were far more abundant and even more powerful than they are now in the patched version. They were all over europe and could just waltz into your largest army and execute you general on the spot, which they often did. leading to severe general shortages. The Two handed bug: They had a new animation system where individual units paired up and "really"fought, like all subsequent TW-games. Though their attacks were tied to animation, they actually really fought, and when "hit" they did a stagger animation. This led to unit balance sometimes being strange, the worst (basically game-breaking) example were the knights with two handed weapons. Their attack animation were so slow that they were ALWAYS hit before being able to land a hit themselves, so they were staggered. Two handed knights could thus not deal damage and 200 of them would lose against a ballista crew of 30 with daggers. Utterly ridiculous, and was not officially fixed until after 6 months to a year.

Anyway, after patching (official or inofficial) it was a good game, the AI was slightly improved (especially strategic agressiveness, still a bit passive though). About equal with Rome. cont...

This is great. Anyone with half a brain could have seen the mess that unfolds right now the moment Napoleon came out and said he will restore the French Empire in the following 100 days.

But whenever you came out and suggested that MAYBE France wouldn't be able to handle Prussia, Austria, Russia, the UK, Spain, Portugal, Sweden and the Netherlands in the same year you got hit with the same dumb "buh-but they have Austerlitz" response from the usual shitter here. Now you can see what happens when Napoleon tries to balance continental Europe. I actually feel like marching on Waterloo right now.

I dont like this meme

Been gone for a while.

Can I play in a giant campaign with all the races yet?

Also do I need part 1 installed?

Yes but it's shit, old vs new races are totally out of whack, bugs

No, you don't.

This is great. Anyone with half a brain could have seen the mess that unfolds right now the moment user came out and started shitposting about history vs fantasy yet again.

But whenever you came out and suggested that MAYBE /twg/ wouldn't be able to handle history, osprey posting, fantasy, G O B L I N S, munging and the next full pasta meme in the same thread you got hit with the same dumb "buh-but I don't like this meme" response from the usual shitter here. Now you can see what happens when /twg/ tries to balance history and fantasy releases. I actually feel like shitposting right now

Thanks m8.

I can always rely on you guys. Looking through forums is brain numbing.

Empire: Oh boy! This is it! I can finally play my own nation, and GUNS! So cool! Oh let's just try the game and... oh. Oh. This is shit. Some cool ideas and good additions (especially "zone of control" around armies so that enemy armies can't just run past) marred by an utterly inept execution. Why are every nations units a recolour of each other with just ~1 unique unit per nation? Why does AI and "polish" feel worse than MW2? Why does it crash all the fucking time? This is actually pretty bad, the worst in the series of those I've played.

Napoleon: Zoomed in, focused, a redemption. Empire but with a smaller scale, more polished, more interesting units and campaign, bugfixes and AI-fixes all around. How Empire should have been, a pretty fun game.

Shogun 2: The pinnacle of the series in my mind. I never expected this after they shit the bed so hard with Empire, and failed to impress with MW2. The design and polish is tight, no space is wasted, everything is on point. The AI will rape you hard, this is the ONLY challenging TW-game I've played. Everything just works, and even though clans share a lot of units, there are so many different units and unique units that it does not matter. A god damn fucking delight.

Skipped the newer ones because I heard bad things about Rome2 and still hadn't played Shogun2 enough, and I'm not terribly interested in the Warhammer ones.

>click on Phoenix Guard
>no sound
WTF CA?!

>He does not know

Do you even lore m8?

>jewmerican
opinion discarded

I've been listening to a TWfag friend of mine always saying to me, for years, than Rome 2 is the better one, like hands down. Shogun 2 second.

>Swedecuck actually

I heard so many bad things about Rome2, both online and by friends, that it was basically back to average-form after the pinnacle of game-design that was Shogun2. But this is just what I heard and read though, can't say for sure because I skipped it.

They tried a million new things with Empire, and most of them didn't work. A shame, because a lot of the concepts were good even though the execution wasn't.

FotS is far and away the superior gunpowder era game though.

Could you please list examples of what they tried and why it did not work? My memory of the game is just that it was shit, I have a hard time pinpointing why.

>swede
>Empire
>I can finally play my nation!

like nigga you could play your nation before just fine. are you brainwashed this hard already? rip ;_;