/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1093 - Stop it Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EjpU2U3b-0U
youtu.be/tPRPnWA2KGI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>"During Dr. Robotnik's takeover through roboticization, the SWATbots came for the foxes, and I did not speak up because I was not a fox. Then they came for the rabbits, and I did not speak up because I was not a rabbit. Then they came for the squirrels, and I did not speak up because I was not a squirrel. Then they came for the hedgehogs, and I did not speak up because I was an echidna. Then they came for me, and by that time nobody was left to speak up."
Is Ken Penders, dare I say it, a modern day Leonardo da Vinci? Is he truly /Our Guy/?

First for Sonic is the best and coolest character in the franchise

Shadow is literally Sonic but better. Shadow would fucking kick Sonic's ass.

*Surrounds*

*blocks your path*

Good night and good thread, everybody. I'll be here this weekend with a livestream to celebrate the new characters in the dev kit and to work on the character select screen before I post a new build for you all.
Have a Blaze.

*Jumps on your head once*

Perfect timing.

fuck

>Chaos 0
>Doing anything

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

>Have a Blaze
Thancc

Reminder that Rouge's "Hip Drop" ability causes an earthquake on par with Knuckles' "Hammer Punch".

Whoa, almost like they're equal in strength and ability or something.

youtu.be/EjpU2U3b-0U

*dream*

kissu

I hope we get comic news soon. I know we're not getting any actual issues until April but it would be nice to get more info before then

You could pitch idea for Story dude's post new 252 project.

Can the second character be controlled, or do they just run along side ya?

Look at this weak ass nerd.

boom shadow's design was cute, kinda feminine

this is looking great

I really liked it, his gloves look cool and his chest thoroughly fluffy.

Neat
By the way did you ever respond to the comment on grinding from a few threads ago? Not on rails but grinding in general.

Sonic Team will never do anything good with their characters ever again.

That's what happens when you care too much about story. Learn from Nintendo. Just have them be party characters or something that doesn't fuck with the continuity.

28th for chameleon boy

They are both controlled at the same time, but not in a good way. They fight over the camera's attention, controls will sometimes spaz out and interactions between springs and enemies do not work properly. Doing group shots like this is only good for screen shots, I'm afraid. Perhaps I should stop uploading screenshots like these for fear of people getting the wrong idea and then get disappointed...

Also, there is one more character I'm planning on implementing before release. I hope it's a character that people can get behind.

Ah. Yes. The proposal of grinding on the sides of objects would be a pretty difficult bit of coding that could take weeks. I'd like to keep things simple. Remember that this is culminating into a dev kit, after all, so having a moveset that contains Sonic's essentials and only his essentials would be ideal.

Nintendo plays it too safe.
Sure I mean they might be good games, but they're disgustingly formulaic.
At least with sonic I'm surprised every time.

Ahh, that's a shame to hear.

>Mighty
This makes up for it tho. Looking forward to that!

To be fair, Nintendo does do something great once in a while with games like Odyssey. Besides, characters outside of Mario gets to shine too.

His arm is clipping through his shell.

It seems like doing two characters would be hard without dedicated split screen or a fixed camera that could split up like in the lego games.

> The proposal of grinding on the sides of objects would be a pretty difficult bit of coding that could take weeks
I see, that makes sense, just wondering if it'd be possible to just play with Sonic on some Tony Hawk stage.

>Also, there is one more character I'm planning on implementing before release. I hope it's a character that people can get behind.
Finally, Maria is put into the game

Hmm... Espio. Perhaps Mighty shouldn't be the only Chaotix member to join the roster, eh? Methinks he'll have a nearly instant homing attack, but be a notch slower than Sonic.

As for Mighty, his only defining character trait gameplay-wise was that he was literally just a red Sonic, so that's what he'll be!

Yeah, I know. Generations mod models are finicky as hell.

>Espio
Best ninja would be a welcome addition.

Are you making Shadow?

>Methinks he'll have a nearly instant homing attack
*Teleports behind you*

He's already in there.

You're too slow.
Omae wa mo... Shin de iru.

>Smiling
DELETE THIS
DELETE THE WHOLE ENTIRE GAME

How the fuck are you making these characters so quickly?

Is Shadow a lucky bastard or what?
>Literally has big titties and a killer robot as his friends.

Sonic Team will never be this ambitious or creative ever again

Mighty looks shiny

Good night everyone

They all share Sonic's skeleton so, as long as they were originally in Generations (even mods), I can do a simple model swap, change out a couple animations, change the physics a bit and bam. New character.

Should he not?

Alright, guys. I've got work in the morning, so this is gonna be my last post for the night. G'night!

Looking for some drawing ideas, if you guys wanna see anything simple with Sonic characters. No lewd or romance, and there's a chance I'll skip your idea if it doesn't interest me. Also, feel free to use the images for whatever as long as you credit them as having come from this general.
Wouldn't mind drawing for story user too if they had any other ideas they wanted to try out.

Screenshot from Sonic Mania 2

Out of the way, inferior ship. Real best incoming.

Why not give Mighty a higher bounce, or some special combat property when he hits the ground?
I'd say making him burrow underground when he bounce attacks (as a sort of invincibility) would be ideal for an armadillo, but that might be too complicated.

The only noticable differences is his unkempt quills and armbands. Sure he was boomified, but its not better or worst.
cute? what are you, fucking gay?

You posted the wrong picture, user.

Why is Sonic Unleashed's framerate so shit?

Wrong.

I think not, permavergin.
Yours isn't a bad choice.

I thought his boots were weird at first but they kind of grew on me. Especially next to Sonic who looks like he's taped all his clothes together, Shadow has some nice looking gear.

Don't you see they can all work together! Especially that last one

A bit early there.

I think so, colorful rats.
All 3 ships are good but there has to be a hierarchy, you know?

TOMORROW I'LL

why is Cream so useless

And there is.
My ship > your ships

Boom Wii U shows Shadows gloves have a weird leather texture.

better question is why does she have backwards facing ears?

>creative
>using the same final boss from Colors a third fucking time

Eat shit. At least Mania had twists left and right with the "rehashed" bosses.

I vaguely remember that, either way leather is still a good material

Because she has a curfew so she can't defeat Eggman once and for all.

based posters.

Because she's a little girl.

I hate that hedgehog

She's only 6 user.

Lop ear rabbit

Colors is Kino but at least it's a step up from the Lost World one, it was presented pretty cool at least.

>mfw I haven't played those other games yet so Forces' final boss was actually fresh for me

>consolecuck
No surprise there.

You give his SA2 skating animation, I'll marry you

>playing the generations unleshed mod and missing out on all the awkward dialog cutscenes and werehog stages so you can actually hold a valid opinion on them

Darn, tooold for me. What a hag.

Being 6 is like 26 in Sonic's World.

Sonic having a Hngghhh

>Speed battle is better than forces

My sides

Exactly, my ship > your ship. Glad we're on the same page.

Sonic Team has undoubtedly scrapped the bottom of the barrel in the last few years, from Sonic: Lost World, to subsiding the hedgehog to even more atrocious developers with Sonic Boom, and finally the gigantic let down that is Sonic: Forces.

youtu.be/tPRPnWA2KGI
Alot of the Jpop songs in this are ironically can be used for any shojo anime intro.

As if that ship of yours is worth anything. Laughable.
Taste is subjective; everyone has their own list.

If that intro wasn't edited in any way, then it both amazing and uncanny how good is timing of scene changes and music. Way too good

Metal Sonic has an Iron Lung

It's worth everything, user. Everything.
True, the list can change from person to person but I like seeing some variation of those 3 the best.

Truly a sad fate.

Never seen this panel before, that's hilarious.

Sonic Boom wasn't Sonic Team though was it? Plus it was sabotaged at the very end of development so you probably can't blame them too much.

Dang

I drew Honey, sthg!

Kind of experimenting with what I think her Super form would look like.

>Trying to draw a super form of an obscure character without a reference of said character

You have a strange definition of worth.
Those 3 are the most popular/sensible, though I still prefer Knuxouge just a tiny tad better than the beep beeps

>longer stages
>more challenge
>is in esports
Speed Battle is the hero we need

A cute. You could invert some colors, for starters. Worked for Super Sonic.

i made an epic meme

I don't think I've ever played a good sonic game, and I grew up with a genesis and dreamcast.

it's a nice concept but it's never felt "right"

you didn't like 3 & knuckles or mania?

Can't you shitpost elsewhere?

Seeing this makes me think of how people criticize Sonic characters for being recolors, but all of these characters have the same outfit except Mask.

>Tfw you're blessed to have preference for the most popular ships.
A good feel.
Knuxouge is good too but I find it hard to prefer it over beep beeps when Knuckles and Rouge haven't spoken much since SA2 and Shadow and Rouge have had a lot of development (and their friendship is nice). That's probably mostly because of Sonic Team's refusal to do much of anything with Knuckles though.

Oh, I'm not taking the beep beep's merit away; I just like the cat and mouse dynamic Knuckles and Batats have better.

>wheredoyouthinkweare.png