World of Warships Admiral - /wowsg/

Random CW rewards Edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME? RETURN AFTER LONG ABSENCE?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you play a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc (embed) (embed)

>0.6.14 update
worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-06_14-patchnotes/

>Pan-Asian destroyers
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/hidden-dragon/

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for "Veeky Forums" (by antibullyranger)
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel" (by Varzov)
SEA Channel: "Veeky Forums"

>Clans
[KUMA] & [HOTEL] on EU - contact Graf_Zeppelin_Kai (Luger_Chin)
[BOTES] on SEA - contact Benlinsquare
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact JakeNS

>Discord
Why, tho?

First for purge the Discord aspies

>KUMA & HOTEL - Luger_Chan

I wish!

Is that Salem?

Why would you use Hindenburg in clan wars?
No radar, no speed, no concealment, what's the advantage over a Moskva?

Buffs when?

You better start believing it.

I will never give MY clan to luger, at least until he is a christian.

>implying you'll have any say in this

>giving BOTH clans to autistic german

Nope I'll choose the current one over him anyday.

Eh Luger you cant tell me what to do, I do what I want in my clan because I own the place and my deputies are loyal to me.

You can't stop progress.
Anschluss soon.

Yes, the bigger clan will completely subsume the smaller one!

The biggest joke is EU actually got cucked out of the BOTES tag.

When will EU stop being the land of cucks?

Both clans have barely 20 people tho :^)

Kek, whos this wannabe corporate shill?
Remov.

Best tier VII

Bester Tier VII

Raw HE alpha, meme armor, forward facing torps for charging down people.

>Moskva
>DPM
>in a setting where everyone and their mom runs max survivability build

BOTES is the shittiest tag around, hate to break it to you

This desu.

Been playing on NA for around two months now, currently have almost 600 battles but only a 48% winrate.
Guides I've been looking at cover only the most basic stuff, like not showing broadside or not going alone, while I need a bit more depth, since I'm reaching high tiers now.
I'm pretty bad at positioning and knowing where I should be, any advice?

Do either of the clans in the OP accept shitters?

How real is the forced 50% meme
I had back to back unicum days and today I'm 1-6 and every match my team has less, and retarded DDs

You're more likely to make mistakes in loss-streaks. Take some time from the game and try again in a few hours/days.

Watch flamu's vids. He's a bit of an arrogant shit, but he knows how to play.

Considering the abundance of players with win rates a long way from 50% in both directions, we can safely say that if such a meem does exist, its effect is very slight.

No, NA clans only accept redditors and turboautists like Anus.

There's literally nothing wrong with being autistic

What about being german, gay and autistic?

>thread reaching page 15

literal state of the game

We have plenty of spots available in HOTEL.

Say you want to div in the Veeky Forums chat and follow where your divmates go.

Quick, namefag and discordfag some more to keep the thread alive!

If Roma is going to a premium? Is there even enough Italian BBs to make a battleship line anymore?

>class of 3 ships

Of course it is retard, it’s not the lead ship of the class

There's literally nothing wrong with being a Nazi either

Bavarian manlet, go back to austria where you belong.

>12x1 DP guns (90mm)

4.0 km range? I can live with that.

What does a Krupp value mean?

What the fuck this is Rude, apologize to the less fortunate (bavarians).

>90mm DP secondairies
>not a part of the AA

WG pls

Hey, im 1,71m im not a manlet im average.

>have shitty WR in Yamato
>play Yamato
>play well
>lose anyway

Is genociding Armenians ok?

It's for ))))))))))))ing AP performance.

Never mind that: NA let a bunch of literal whos get the KUMA tag. Then again, what could you expect from such a bunch of redditors?

>Is there even enough Italian BBs to make a battleship line anymore?
Roma is the last of the Littorio class, with Vittorio Veneto being the second one: they can keep the Littorio class in the tree and make Roma a free exp ship, just like Iowa and Missouri.
Beside, as mostly everything in the game, the problems starts when you reach tier IX and X, but for the rest there's enough material to make an entire tech tree.

Post ships with confirmed kills.

>Russians got the Musashi in supertest already
Fuck I'm dead jealous.

Any vids/streams/vods?

Krupp value is WG shell balancing crutch to give USN CA shells chance in actually penetrating things.
Basically it is modifier. Every +10% above 2400 is +10% to penetration. Every 10% below this number is -10% to pen

I'm 173 ahahah your a manlet

What are these two commanders doing on the bed?

Obvious T9 would be UP41 which is just another 3x3 16inch BB design. And as usual the T10 would be some WG fantasy based on the napkin drawing of some gun they found in some sekrit archives.

dmg/min, tanking from arbitrary angles, 'I win the brawl' button, torp screening

T3: Cuniberti's 17k ton dreadnought (paper)
T4: Conte di Cavour (pre-rebuild) or Dante Alighieri
T5: Caio Duilio (post-rebuild)
T6: Francesco Caracciolo
T7: something paper
T8: Littorio
T9: Ansaldo UP.41 (paper)
T10: some Wargaming fantasy creation

have a nice bote day /wowsg/ :^)

>T3: Cuniberti's 17k ton dreadnought (paper)
Possibly the most worthy paper ship in the history of naval design for inclusion in the game.

Why? What's so special about it?

Italian Dreadnought project

In the sense that if it had been seen through, we'd have 'Cunibertis' or whatever they'd have called it, instead of 'Dreadnoughts'.

RM Astolfo

>cunibert

What kind of gay Af name is that. Lmao fucking white ''people''

Nooo, Katori-sensei!

Is this game p2w?

yes

Well fuck it then.

no

Sorry achmed lol

In his paper on the subject of his battleship Cuniberti referred to his mono-calibre battleship as a "Colossus", a good name in Italian for this ship would be "Colosso"

What about the Leonardo Da Vinci with it's original 5x2 12" guns? She sunk in 1916 and never got rebuilt like her sister ships

Which one is it then?

GTVA Colossus class.

pay to grind faster

There is pay to grind faster. Things like prem account.
And then there is Saipan-paka-pan I still have no idea why WG hasn't removed it yet from store. Upcoming Graf also looks to be hilarious since it doesn't need to correct attack angle

Some premium ships are better than they should be, as are some silver ships. Other than that, it's a clear no.

So the chance over overpenning is lowered with high Krupp?
Or the chance of actually penning thicc armor without shattering?

High krupp = chance to pen armor
Low krupp = your AP shells shatter

Overpens happen when your shells go through armour that is not thick enough to activate the fuze, or the shells leave the ship before the fuze actually explodes the sell.

Overpen simply means that your hot shell couldn't explode inside target, so it is depends much more from speed of your shell and fuse arming time.
On the other hand high Krupp does increase your pen, meaning you will suffer less nopens (shatter simply means that your penetration wasn't hard enough, it is not "chance" it is binary state).
And of course Krupp value has no effect on bouncing.

Is it a 100% game-y stat or does it actually reflect steel alloy quality used?

It is game-y stat that is used by WG to make shell penetration value in game be close to known penetration tables.

OK, decided I probably need at least one BB line just for some of the "Do X raw damage" quests, and I picked the bong ones because I already have the Cruisers. I know these get a tad OP at higher levels, but I want to play them in the least idiotic way possible. What are the good and bad things to do in a BB to be good for your team?

>I want to play them in the least idiotic way possible
tap Wx3, HE 2 times and press LMB. Ship will do everything else for you

It was the very first "dreadnought" ever designed, years before HMS Dreadnought herself. Italy was too poor to lay out the amount of money needed for such a ship, so Cuniberti recommended it to the Royal Navy. Admiral Jackie Fisher, of course, claimed that Dreadnought was entirely his own idea and that he never saw Cuniberti's proposal. Admiral Fisher, of course, was also lying.

Training cruisers don't count. That's like a Navy SEAL bragging about killing a todler.

Typical amerinogg

Which is the first PAN DD worth playing?

Longwang

Fucking anglojews and monarchishits

>mfw you instagib a ship called 'Invincible'

The low-tier Pan-Asia DDs would be great fun if not for the fact that the queue is flooded with them right now. The only way 6 to 8 DDs per team can ever be fun is when you're in a V-25, because torpedo jousting is hilarious.

flamu said she was boring though ;(

Yeah, I picked a bad day to learn how to Bellerophon. Torpedoes and unhittable bastards everywhere.

A longwang cant be boring :)

Spec full stealth and meme around just past your spotting range. Use AP on broadsides and HE on everything else/longer range targets.

Ducky build:
I already have DE and CE, should i get IFHE or AFT next?
I'm still at Isokaze but i'm grinding this captain to be a dedicated ducky fucker.

Don't get AFT on Ducky, it's hard to hit anything at max range. IFHE is mandatory though.

IFHE. AFT is not necessary.

How many derfs can Derfflinger fling?

It's not so muhc 'muh steel quality', it's a question of size, shape, mass and hardness of teh AP caps on the AP shells.

Since WG doesn't tell us how their fuckign formula works, which of the real world formulas they're basing this on and what real world factors are weighted in which way, we can only guess what exactly goes on behind the number.
From what we can see, it's actually an OK attempt at simplifying the rather complexities of AP cap construction.

In the end it's a factor they use to make some AP shells better at penetrating (the US 'superheavy AP shells).

Too bad it was never built, it's secondary armament was a bit lacking but to be fair, airplanes weren't even invented yet in 1903