/hbg/- Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread:

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Oct 30] Rei-Six 1.0 released. ReiNAND with b9s support and more. github.com/CrimsonMaple/Rei-Six/releases/tag/1.0
>Switch
[Nov 10] Userland code execution is now possible, no releases yet. wololo.net/2017/11/15/can-now-run-homebrews-nintendo-switch-3-0-0/
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released (now 4.0.1), you may want to stay on 3.0.0 until new vulnerabilities are found.
wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
>Vita
[Oct 29] VitaShell 1.76 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows installing original pkg files, download & unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: nopaystation.com/pkgi
>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit. wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/
>PS3
[Nov 24] PS3Xploit NOR/NAND flash writer & NOR dumper for 4.82 OFW released. psxhax.com/threads/ps3xploit-4-82-cfw-on-ofw-nor-nand-flash-writer-nor-dumper.3112/
-You can downgrade your PS3 to 3.55 with this. Works on all fat models and early slims, super slims aren't supported yet. Compatibility chart: i.imgur.com/7G3tM5D.png

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD/releases
gist.github.com/hashtagskate4/15f2c8b5cb72ff034d2807291e733bb8
3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(homebrew-launcher)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to sissy anime bois that 3.61+ Vita anigaymes are not worth waiting for.

You know, all this PS3 news is cool, but please remember DS loading from the SD card was not worth waiting for.

multiman has a new update, should I do it? will it fuck something?

Truck-kun will come to take you to another world if you install it.

Ignore it the only thing it adds is support for other 4.82 CFW which is only used to get to rebug, which is already supported

Thanks, I almost forgot.

So lads, other than Red Dead Redemption and Skate what other games are decent for the PS3?
I fear that I may have played through all of the good console exclusives already such as...
>Infamous series (Festival of Blood was absolutely shit)
>Ratchet and Clank Series (up to clockblockers) rest iirc are shit
>Killzone (3 was shite though)
>Resistance (Meeeeeh)
>All the MGS games
>Uncharted series
>Souls games
>Motorstorm
Any recommendations anons?
Might as well also put I'm tempted to play Sonic 06 for the memes but I need a website that doesn't look like it'll give me 20 viruses and forces me to download the game in 20 parts desu

I'm having a blast from the past with Burnout Paradise Big Surf Island

No you got that wrong. It deploys a gay cloud. It turns you gay if it envelops you.

Burnout Paradise is so fucking good. I'm genuinely a little ashamed I never bought it earlier.
Remember that you also have sizable PS1 and PS2 libraries to choose from, PS1 in particular. I've already grabbed a bunch of PS1 games I probably wasn't going to get around to otherwise.

I gotta find a complete download of burnout paradise.
The PC version requires you to faff about with mods to get stuff like big surf Island working.
Also still looking for Skate 3 with all the DLC.

SUPER

SLIM

W
H
E
N

You can assemble it piecemeal from the uploads on psnstuffX if you want to. It's pretty fast since all the 'DLC' are just 100kb unlock codes and associated .rap files. All the actual content is in the 1.9 update, which is safe to grab straight from the regular update servers.

What's the best way to load PS2 ISOs?

ftp PS2 .iso files to PS2ISO on internal hdd - refresh xml and load them straight from webMAN xmb

oh shit yeah I got Burnout for the PC but the DLC didn't come with it so I've got an excuse to get it again thanks user
Thanks for reminding me Just started pissing about with a few ps2 isos I had on my PC yesterday. Reminds me I should try the Jak series properly as PCSX2 hates the game, Bully and Timesplitters thanks user!
I Have a Skate 3 ISO if you want it user and the DLC is on PsnStuffX
Soon TM
imo Webmann in Rebug has been pretty flawless was suprised my slim loaded a ps2 game without giving me an error or crash
>Also that feel when the rumble vibrates like it used to...
>Like a epileptic spastic and I love it

Also How the fuck do i have no /V/ or Veeky Forums memes?

Which region is your skate 3 ISO?

US iirc give me a minuite and I'll check

Just modded a Nokia 2000mAh battery into my dualshock3.

There's also a number of good HD ports of PS2 games to choose from, on top of original ISOs. Far as I can tell there's not much benefit to PSOne classics over straight ISOs for PS1 games, other than ease of management.

>imo Webmann in Rebug has been pretty flawless was suprised my slim loaded a ps2 game without giving me an error or crash

PS2 emu on Rebug is actually really good, despite what some people claim. A lot of the supposed unplayable games work perfect for me. Of course there will always be some compatibility issues with emulation.

That would be good.
I've only got the EU version and I was only able to find the DLC for the US version.

so look my PS3 Slim is on 4.81. Should I just update to 4.82 and do the downgrade or work it from here?

maybe it depends

>battery
>not modding your Nokia mobile phone into a DS3
That's some weak sauce, senpai.

I updated my slim to 4.82 just to be safe.

Depends on what? I have CH-2001A slim. One of the early ones.

>BLUS30464
You're in luck user its the US version let me try and upload it to google files or if enough anons are interested I'll pack it with the DLCs and raps in a torrent might take a bit though as my internet is shit
idk user, I did mine on 4.82 and it worked just fine.

NOR/NAND flasher requires 4.82.

Some-BODY

thanks mate, I don't wanna mess anything because everything is working fucking perfectly like a wet dream come true

Will 4.82 3xxx ps3 slims be jailbroken anytime soon? Just ordered a 500gb slim before I realized they aren't hackable yet, should I sell it and get a 120gb or just wait?

Wait 5 months for some non-permanent shit.

If they do get hacked, chances are it's going to be memory resident rather than full-on CFW cracking.

How do I install this shit?
github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD/releases
Which pkg do I use?

attempting to dump NOR... keep getting triggering exploit failed. What have I done wrong?

Set your homepage to blank and go directly to the NOR page

Nevermind, I figured out the issue. I was using a Dualshock 4 which was plugged into the other USB port.

Yo, I'm new to PS3 hacking. I have hacked my PS3 (and I have it running Rebug), now I'm wanting to legally download and run some games on it. Let's say, for example, I want Black Ops and it's DLC on my PlayStation (just using as an example, feel free to recommend literally any game). On my PC I download the pkg file (I'm using PSNDL) for the game, then the files for the DLCs, then since I'm a cheap piece of shit and don't own a USB over 2GB I use FTP to get the files onto the PlayStation. Then I'm not too sure what I do after that, maybe I use PSNPatch which will do some weird shit that'll allow me to launch the game and play online or something along those lines. Whilst I'm waiting for the game to download, anyone care to tell me if I've made some big mistake and if I transfer that file my head will implode or am I on the right track.

so tell me, what are the best ps3 games? I am open to anything.
Games I already have on PS3:
Dragon's Dogma
Skyrim
All the Metal Gears
Persona 5

FIFA 13

Depends how many of the DLCs you got.

wants grown meat

The world is faggoty

All of them
>After Dark
>Maloff NYC Money Cup 2010
>Danny Ways Hawaiian Dream

Verify the MD5 checksum of this file against this checksum (8E156C99101BF36EC3EDB832982AE46D) before continuing
How

meant for

Are you literally retarded?

I take it back, I figured it out. Thank you for the spiritual support user.

certutil -hashfile MD5

no, just anxious and impatient bitch

And the Time is Money one?

Does anyone have amiibo festival that is installable? You can't download it on wiiu usb helper and can only find loadiine versions

>tfw my 500 GB external ran out of space

if you like south park but don't have a pc that can run it, Stick of truth

fucking how?

I don't think time is money dlc is on the PS3 user

Delete unused languages and update folders.
It's not a joke how much space that shit wastes.
You can even be a crafty bastard and symlink the languages back to [chosen_language] for maximum compatability/savings.

The fuck is up with all this .rap shit? been away way too long.

note to self

Bump for interest

every toaster can run SoT though.

I just checked and it's on the PSN store.

in that case, I should have put an asterisk and put all of the DLC on PSNStuff* I'll try and hunt for the rest for you user. sorry about that.

my PS3 has been frozen for 3 hours after reading "Success..." what did I do wrong?

I copied over my PS3 Disc collection and the online games I wanted so I can have them all in one spot.
Will do this weekend. Thanks.

I put an ISO of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 in the PS3ISO folder, and it doesn't show up on multiman. Help?

Like titlekeys but not.
You bond them with your account data to create a .rif to trick the system into thinking you're entitled to play the content. Or you rip them from a rif to share with others with no watermarking.
Alternatively you use a crack and enjoy shoving pineapples up your anus as you cry when the update you downloaded doesn't work because cracks are shit.

I need some help with my 3DS
I had a emunand and decided to update to boot9strap. So I followed the guide on 3ds.guide and my 3DS wouldn't boot. It just got "an exception occurred". So I googled my issue and some one said to turn off arm errors or something. So I did and now my 3ds wont boot at all without a sd card in. And if the SD card is in it just has a black screen. If I remove the SD card during that black screen I get the home menu. I tried launching the homebrew launcher via soundhax but that wont work either

What should I do? Considering all the stuff I want is on my emunand should restoring my 3DS to factory fix it so I can try and install boot9strap again?

is the 3ds scene dead

If you have the disk don't install the iso on your hdd, Iso games install utility game data like real disks on-top of taking space as the iso, you're wasting space having the isos

I managed to get into the Luma3DS config menu and turn the errors thing off ad now im back to "an exception occurred"

Any help would be greatly appreciated the stuff I've found on Google hasn't helped me

It's been dead for a while now.

Most of the time you can trim it later or stop it from happening in the first place by modifying the files.
symlinks are fucking magic.

Look further.

>Power off your device
>Remove your SD card from your device
>Power on your device
>When the home menu appears, reinsert your SD card into your device
>If this worked, you should clear Home Menu’s extdata by following these instructions:

I can't boot without the SD card, the blue light just comes on for a split second, clearing that stuff wont help me

Can you pirate with that tho?

You should have placed the boot.firm on your ctrnand.
Grab a copy of godmode9, use luma+select button to boot gm9 and just copy it straight to the nand, you will be asked to unlock. if you see the ro and rw folders you've found it.

You could also just go ahead and clear your extdata while in gm9.

I found a github with the skate 3 DLC, but I don't know if they need rap files.
gist.github.com/hashtagskate4/15f2c8b5cb72ff034d2807291e733bb8

I'm trying to clear the extdata now, but when I press home there is no "Scripts..." on the menu

What do you mean by ctrnand?

I'm on the step atm: 3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(homebrew-launcher)
By "If you get an error, just continue the next page" did it mean the arm9 thing? I was a dummy and didn't notice that until now

Yeah I found the same, as some of them are paid dlc they will need a rap file, however when you type "Skate 3 Rap files" it doesn't give the best results
just wondering if it would be better If I were to look for a rap file dump atm and see if its included

i did the NOR flash and it read success. the console shut itself off but when i turned it back on it said it was shut down improperly. does this mean it didnt work?

Try reading the whole guide

I've read the entire segment regarding the part of the process that I'm working on. I know it says I should be back at the XMB if all was successful. Still, I don't want to take chances of breaking something so I ask to double check.

LMAO thanks

because im too lazy, how is PS2 emu on PS3 non OG fat?

is it at the least the same as using a hacked PS2 speed wise?

Whichever works best for you.
I'm not in a hurry. I'm still waiting for another guy to give us a sonic unleashed dump.

Yakuza 3, 4, 5

I fixed it, I forgot to copy the script.
I guess its safe for me to update my system before I start installing the rest of the stuff?

After using the flash, is my system supposed to be on 3.55? PS3 20XX

No. It reboots to 4.82 but then you can overwrite that OFW with Ferrox CFW

Anyone knows the directory used by webman mod for game covers? There's a game in my library that just refuses to download a cover for it and an ugly icon replaces it. Also where to download ps3 game covers?

fuck you faggot

I had mine do this, I just hit yes and it then let me install CFW.

I'd like to know this too

faggot you fuck

Where did you guys get Tales of Vesperia from? downloadgameps3 has a link with a single 8GB download, but I'm not sure that one includes the patch.

>Wait all week to come home and pirate some Tales of Vesperia
>Actually have a cech-25whatever with 3.60

Kill me

How do I play a Pokemon Randomizer?
Do I have to modify the .3ds and convert to CIA, or is there a way that's easier?