/niohg/ - Nioh General

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt (embed)
FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed)

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#
Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug (embed)

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Fuku bes waifu

I'm farming for the text not the armor itself.

Still no secret word in OP.
Starting a Yokai Realm lobby for Unyielding Hellfire twilight mission wotn.
>Secret Word: niohg

Drifters S2 when

reposting
Farming Hanzo in Abyss
Equiped bug spirit and hunter blessing
Any tips to make my grind easier? I heard you can inherit drop rate (what kind of?) on armor, but does it really work?

Redpill us on the Gold Nioh Armor and maybe we we know something.

I'd join but I'm only level 500 with 300+40 gear and I don't want to embarrass myself.

Everyone calls Nioh a soulslike but I think it has more in common with pokemon

That's me to, we should be overgeared for it but not by enough to stop me from embarassing myself.

im not gonna leave the spot untill i get the text i want
according to list in OP it's there

Alright, let's give it a go then.

match is still up and searchin

god damnit, got monohoshizao text but not taro tachi
really want that CCA AA- bonus

Can I inherit thrown damage onto other non-glove pieces of armors?

Yeah

No suitable matches were found

>lighting weapon
>fire and water talismans
>gale talisman

Holy FUCK, it is so easy to curb stomp Yokai now. I have like 40% burn augmentation and 40% extended elemental effect so the talismans go a long way. Gale is instant bluster against most yokai - it takes two to bluster a Tengu, and the burn augmentation makes it land in just a few hits.

Ogress ripped me apart in the last chance beta. Now I can pretty much just push her into a corner and beat her to death without her getting much of a chance to do anything - even if she does get an attack out between bluster and hiraishi giving me like 7k hp its no big deal. Way of the Wise just got a whole lot easier.

Sorry about that mate, that was totally my bad. I'll try again when I'm better.

I was the Tome player.

Jesus christ there needs to be a sign: BEWARE OF KUSA YOKAI

Holy fuck is abyss unfun. Currently on floor 43 and so far 90% of the floors have been complete bullshit. Does it get any better later on?

Just got to WotD. Should I replace my gear or rush Queen's Eye and get to WotW? From what I understand ethereals aren't going to drop yet, just higher level divines.

Only worse friendo.

I just kept uping the gear I had as I got new shit while pushing through demon to wise. came out with like +15 everything and around 180-190 on all slots.

WEll fuck, should I just stop playing now? 900 more floors of being one shot and doing pitiful damage doesn't seem like fun.

50 base levels and 5-10 + levels is still pretty huge, especially at that point. There are achievements for clearing everything on Demon so you may as well stick around a bit. Ethereal gear is pretty rare in way of the wise and it takes ages to get a full set of any one grace anyway.

That said you may as well go as far as you can before you hit that gear wall. Just try and focus on making one repacement for tour current gear at a time and you should be fine.

You need to reassess your build.

Yeah, fuck me for wanting to play a ninja. Guess it's time to switch to heavy armor and odachi lw.

It stops scaling at 150 or 200, I can't remember. But yeah, most of us are on the same boat, it's all about defiling a good set and then pushing forward a little more, repeat.

We claimed victory for the general and i got a smithing text i will never use.
>Not Anjin's tonfa

Ninja is extremely viable, if you like kusa but wanna do lw shenanigans its pretty much the best thing for it.

You can still be a ninja if you want - it just means more than just spamming kunai.

Either go hayabusa or start farming thrown-x2 inheritables.

>another fucking helmet text

I hate lw and I hate that I'm forced to use it if I want to have a decent build.
I have hayabusa and it doesn't do shit. I still hit like a soggy sock and die In 1 hit.
Like what? Spamming spirit stones and lw?

When should I start crafting gear for new build I just hit wotw and I want to change builds. Should I just wait till wotn? Cause I'm tired of playing this build.

>beat way of the strong
>step into way of the demon
>get my ass completely handed to me
>cant get better gear since i already have max lvl stuff from way of the strong

fuck.

Wait till you get into WotW, and WotN and high level abyss.

You're always going to die in 1 hit wearing light armor. If you hit like a wet noodle with full hayabusa and the hayabusa style kusarigama you're doing something seriously wrong. That's one of the highest dps melee setups in the game outside of LW builds or very specific skill abuse builds.

>You're always going to die in 1 hit wearing light armor.
Really amazing balance right there. Compared to heavy armor, light armor gives 10% more mobility and 10% reduced KI costs while giving 500% more damage taken.
>If you hit like a wet noodle with full hayabusa and the hayabusa style kusarigama you're doing something seriously wrong.
I'm using the dragon sword, not the kusa.

Use ginchiyo to farm for you and get your gear to higher + levels +x is worth more than soft levels. +1 is like 10 levels of stats.

Switch to the kusarigama or use a better 1kat with better 1kat armor. 1kat has trouble doing high dps without abusing parries on human enemies or iai setups on yokai and you need to build for high iai damage if you want to run something like that.

Also yes the game balance is fucked for just about everything. Welcome to Nioh.

Is this a good ability?

Use poison and paralysis. Both have stat rolls that up close combat damage by like 20% and there are other, lesser bonuses that work with status ailments in general. You already have like 30 ways to set something on fire, so start using elemental talismans or something so you can Confuse Yokai and beat the fuck out of them.

This game gives you SO many tools - you should really try using some of them.

eh

its okay but not the best. id prefer the close combat ki reduction honestly

Weaken armor (torso) is better imo. Weaken weapons is good too but if you are good at not getting hit then it will have no effect.

>using elemental stuffs

i hate to shit on your parade but on everything above way of the strong, elemental stuff does basically nothing to bosses. they shrug off status effects easily, the only exception is umi-bozu and fire. he hates fire.

It works on a lot of shit and its a pretty huge reduction in damage. With a kusa you should have no problem applying it. If you have heavy armor and high health then hell yeah. If you are light armor low health it’ll still help but you will likely still have to heal up after a hit.

Does close combat damage affect bows/guns? You would expect it not to, but this games wording is unreliable.

>Switch to the kusarigama
What if I told you I hate the kusa playstyle?
How the fuck do I farm better shit when it's all in the abyss, which I can't do, because I'm not using one of the 3 good builds in the game?
>or use a better 1kat with better 1kat armor.
So, heavy armor?
>Use poison and paralysis. Both have stat rolls that up close combat damage by like 20% and there are other, lesser bonuses that work with status ailments in general. You already have like 30 ways to set something on fire, so start using elemental talismans or something so you can Confuse Yokai and beat the fuck out of them.
How are you people inflicting all this shit? I need like 3 traps to paralyse bosses in the abyss, everything else can't build up unless I whack the boss for 30 seconds straight, which I obviously can't do.
>This game gives you SO many tools - you should really try using some of them.
What fucking tools? Heavy armor and LW?

That's just wrong. I'm on Way of the Nioh and everything is plenty unacceptable to status still. You just need to build for it, don't expect it to be good with 20 points in magic or ninjutsu.

I have 200 dex and I can status anything even bosses resistant to status.

I’m on way of the wise and just pounded ogress into the fucking ground thanks to elemental effects. They aren’t as effective on humans, sure, but they absolutely wreck yokai. If the guy I was talking to is using the dragon sword he already has good yokai damage so he may as well capitalize on it.

first, see inflicting bosses with status effects is fucking hard. that said, itll get easier if you use the thrown clouds and not the ground traps. the clouds persist for longer, so get a boss in one and keep him there for the duration and you'll probably get a status effect on him, whereas you'd need 2 or 3 ground traps to do so.

Aren't there only paralysis and poison thrown clouds? I'll try the paralysis balls, but that still won't help me with bosses with really high paralysis resist.

Get to wotw do isle of demons. Blow up with sign of the cross spam. Get 15 levels from all the amrita. Hooo boy they wasn't joking when they said amrita is easier to come by than gold.

>
I use both the traps and the bombs. With 200 dex and 800 ninjutsu power 1-2 traps is usually enough to para/poison most bosses. If that doesn't work a bomb immediately after will guarantee the status.

I'm on Way of the Nioh floor 60+ of the abyss and this strat hasn't failed me yet. Are you guys trying to run ninja tools with like no ninjutsu power or something?

Wait till you do marobashi with a amrita sake

I have like 30 dex, but the traps and bombs are still effective. The problems come when the boss gets un-paralyzed or has high resistance to it.

Anybody wanna Yokai Realm the Unyielding Hellfire Twilight mission? 300 +40 gear here

Currently helping another dude, go ahead and set up a room, remember to put keyword

Cant you just drop more than one trap before the abyss boss drops in? The game hands out ninjutsu refresh like candy so you may as well burn through it just as fast.

>what fucking tools?

Have you even looked at your inventory? You have items to completely negate broad categories of damage for a time, tengu fans are a huge AoE bluster to lower enemy attack power, the ENTIRE fucking Onmyo tree - the game even hands you Onmyo points for FREE. Sacred Water gives you a massive boost to Ki regen and can be fucking bought in bulk from the blacksmith for chump change - there are even passives to let you carry more and to make them last longer.

Do you really need me to list out how many attack buffs there are? That are all like a straight 20% boost in damage? Not to mention how many ways you can debuff an enemies armor. Seriously, TRY using some of this shit. It all works very, very well.

I'll set it up when you guys are done, keyword will be "niohg"

I'm rocking weeaboo of the west cause it's the one I could forge really easily and I wasn't sure of any other good 1kat sets. I've spent the whole game before this point wearing iga jonin, so I'm kind of used to dodging everything.

Wait. There's an amrita gain buff item? I'm level 550 and I grinded Marobashi on WotN without any amrita buffs for days to get there.

Just kill me now senpai

Yeh there's sake and a buff from the onmyo tree passive from there too. lol

Well it can still save you from being clipped here and there, but if you aren’t hit very often it’s mostly just a good backup for when you dun goof. Try it and see how you like it - its not like umbracite is terribly hard to come by.

Could someone help me clear floor 31 I've been stuck for over an hour on this shit. pw is 2244.

>tengu fans
And what do I do when I run out? Spend hours farming more?
>ENTIRE fucking Onmyo tree - the game even hands you Onmyo points for FREE
90% of the Onmyo magics are useless in the late gem. Go to the abyss and use a sloth or weakness talisman and see how fucking long it lasts, or use an elemental shot and see the pitiful damage and status build up it does. You really sound like you haven't even set foot into higher abyss levels.
>Sacred Water gives you a massive boost to Ki regen and can be fucking bought in bulk from the blacksmith for chump change - there are even passives to let you carry more and to make them last longer.
I don't need more fucking ki. I'm using hayabusa, kato and light armor.
>Do you really need me to list out how many attack buffs there are? That are all like a straight 20% boost in damage? Not to mention how many ways you can debuff an enemies armor. Seriously, TRY using some of this shit. It all works very, very well.
I use the buffs, and they help a lot, but all the debuffs are next to useless in the late game.

PC? How do I join an Abyss game?

Why are people farming this mission?

does reciprocity talisman work as sake?

I'm on console

You accuse other people of not having tried this shit but I guarantee you are the one that hasn't tried it because everything works. You just need to build for it and invest in the stats required for it to be good.

If you want to use onmyo or ninjutsu for status debuffs you need more than 30 magic or dex. High investment also increases the length of the debuffs on enemies. Sloth talisman is always shit on WotN but if you seriously can't kill a boss before 6 weakness talismans expire even with minimal magic you are doing something very wrong.

user are you still doing it?

Yes, I'll wait right now

Do you remove some of the debuffs in the abyss first or just go to the boss and hope for the best?

i mean Pleiades talisman

The sake gives you a stacking buff of more after each kill you can combine them I belive.

what is the best spot to farm sake?

>everything works.
Yes, but some things work MUCH better than others.
>You just need to build for it and invest in the stats required for it to be good.
I'm not going to put 200 fucking poitns into magic so I can get my weakness talismans to last more than 10 seconds.
>a boss before 6 weakness talismans expire even with minimal magic you are doing something very wrong.
I don't know what kind of bosses you are fighting, but when Mitsunari is blasting your ass with wind slashes, you sure as hell don't have the time to stop and cast weakness talismans every 10 seconds.

Weakness talisman comes out near instantly with the mystic art that increases cast speed. You should always take that one over the duration mystic art because it lets you rebuff yourself instantly.

so uh... what happened with maria?

i feel empty now that the game is over and there's no conclusion, and we already know Nioh 2 isn't going to be about William

Yes, I have the cast speed Ma, but the weakness talismans are still far from instant. But regardless, weakness talismans don't really solve any of my problems. Instead of needing 60 hits to kill a boss, I will need only 50, which is still shit, especially compared to all the LW builds one-shotting everything.

So I guess I'll just continue sneaking through wotw with suppa and catwalking till I find bosses I can't kill. Then I'll start summoning turbonerds to do it.

Of all fucking bosses to mention to bitch about you pick one that is completely neutered by two different stats AND a readily available consumable.

His slashes do fuck all if you have firearms or elemental damage reduction. He also uses a sword so weaken melee weapons also drops his damage output a shitload. If you honestly cant flig a talisman at him during his recovery time from an attack how are you even going to land hits on him in the first place?

So I just bought the game on PC, having fun so far even though I despise souls-like games in general (only beat DS3). Just beat the big dude with two balls on the ship. Any tips for beginners? I prefer odachis, are they good?

See >His slashes do fuck all if you have firearms or elemental damage reduction.
I'm using light armor. Unless I stack that shit to 90% or higher, he will still 1-shot me.
>He also uses a sword so weaken melee weapons also drops his damage output a shitload.
And how am I supposed to get that without leaving the abyss? And how the fuck do I hit him the ~10 times needed for that shit to apply.
>If you honestly cant flig a talisman at him during his recovery time from an attack how are you even going to land hits on him in the first place?
I can barely land any hits, and that combined with my shit damage makes the fight incredibly long, which when combined with the fact that every fucking attack of his one-shots me makes the fight nearly impossible.

Were not, it's just hard as shit cus of a double boss battle and its a twilight mission, so might as well bro-op it.

I remove the deadly ones like enemy reinforcements, or confusion on hit. But i ignore shit like yokai puddles, or status buildup.

>Any tips for beginners?
The first difficulty is pretty much a big tutorial, the real game starts on the higher difficulties. Don't worry about your stats since they won't matter too much in the early game and you can respec pretty easily. Put enough into spirit to activate all of the passive of your chosen guardian spirit and don't ignore ninjutsu and onmyo since they provide really good buffs and debuffs.
>I prefer odachis, are they good?
They are very good on Living Weapon builds and decent on non-LW builds.
A 2vs2 battle sounds pretty fun. Too bad all my shit is still ~300+40

Fuck yeah i was just thinking about making a Third Person Shooter build and he drops this on my second kill.
I love this guy!

I do pretty much the same. I would also add sludge as a must-remove, especially if you rely on any items/spells.

Good shit user
Wellplayed

the fuck does this death even mean?

Me and another guy just did it in 300-40'ish gear and it was really fun. Beat the bosses by the skin of our teeth doing some crazy combos after stealth murdering our way through the compound, i would recommend it.

Fun stuff, loved the part where I get Fire Shuriken'd into the hole in the bridge right at the beginning

Killed by a trap

What does Date's set do?

Is it any good?

>stealth murdering our way through the compound
Good choice of tactic. Using suppa scrolls and assassinating the shit out of everything is fucn as fuck.

>since they provide really good buffs and debuffs.
what the fuck is even a good buff from ninjutsu
only thing I've found is power pill

He drops your damage so low from the constant bluster. Drink the sake for elemental protection and/or use those Onmyo talismans that prevent debuffs. With weaken melee you only need like 5 hits on average, though it is luck of the draw a 20+% chance is pretty huge and very easy to apply in low stance or with multihit skills.

If being a glass cannon upsets you so much then maybe you SHOULD consider heavier armor - you can still keep your agility score and use ninja shit so you really are only doing this to yourself.