Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld,
MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread:

Huntresses

World is going to be fun.

Any tips for fighting the Hyper Seltas Queen?
I've been trying to clear the Seltas Queen's Cry event quest and this thing is brutal.
I've mostly been using a Prowler with the usual bells and whistles; big/piercing boomerangs, emergency escape, boomerang pro with crit up L and earplugs. I've got the F Agnaktor Lance R equipped as well for fire damage on my boomerangs.

My main issue has been the bulldozing attack she does while she's joined with the male Seltas (which is practically always) and she's been spamming it so much. That attack is fast, has a wide berth, and just devastates my health bar if it hits. And then there's how long it lasts, I can't stick to her while she's zooming all over the place, and it's hurting my damage output. I'm staying alive but I keep running out the clock. I've tried downing the Seltas first but that gives you such a small window before she summons another one. Is there anything I can do that'll keep her from using that attack so much?

have you tried using a real weapon?

I'm looking forward to having weapon themed demo hunts with you faggots again.

You should put the beta times in the OP.

the meme rooms are going to be the best part of the beta

I also use the Longsword, Duel Swords, Hunting Horn and Insect Glaive.
Anything in particular you would recommend?

insect glaive or longsword
smash big bug in face
alternatively, use dual swords, hit big bug in the leg until the leg breaks, then keep hitting that leg

alternatively, use a bowgun and shoot her in the fucking mouth

hyper seltas queen is just a trial of patience. it's not much different from the regular fight, but because of the Hyper Stagger Thresholds, she's going to zoom around the map a lot, you just have to deal with it and keep hitting her and not dying until she falls over.

FOOTBALL was crazy fun. Seems there's lots of people interested in ranged now. Some more firing squads and merry men are definitely in order.

It won't be FOOTBALL, but I think the Hammer meme rooms will end up being called games of Whack-a-Monster or something because of the new Big Bang attack. Imagine 4 hunters going to fucking town on a downed monster's head.
Can't fucking wait. It's gonna be a good time.
>firing squads and merry men
Considering how disruptive bowgunning is in World, seems like all or nothing on gunners is the best way to go.

I'm ready.

>duel swords
Main gauche, fleuret or rapier?

>we'll have access to the training room in the beta
Oh fuck yeah.

>because of the new Big Bang attack
>Big Bang Attack

>They ruined the charged slash

I'm still annoyed they ruined the charged backhop in World.

who ever even used that garbage anyway?

It was a pointless DPS loss before, now it's a big 5-hit burst damage move.

What the heck is merry men

I'm still pretty miffed about it as well. But it seems like the new Shoryugeki-lite is another nice meaty hit.
Worry not though, I've seen some pretty weird stuff going on with SnS during demos and stuff and I think it'll be a lot better than we previously suspected.

It was a good way to reset combos in 4U and was useful for its iframes in both 4U and Gen/XX. It was also a nice meaty strong slash with a good amount of hitpause, so it felt good to use.

People who actually know how to SnS

Never heard of Robin Hood?

>It was a good way to reset combos in 4U
Worse than simply going through your regular recovery frames. It was literally only ever good to style on Deviljho and that was it.

>Worse than simply going through your regular recovery frames.
Enjoy being tripped

I'll probably have a go at it with the longsword then, thanks for the input

Dual, I always make that typo

>playing multiplayer

>playing

>its iframes
How many milliseconds?

Tips on progressing in early G-rank in XX? I'm rocking full silver sol with steve GS.

Anyone have the hanako reaction zip handy? the latest one that is

kill monsters to death

>Dos
>frost Edge
I won't forgive them, ice element was a mistake.

???why

>Tips on progressing in early G-rank in XX?
rush keys and get Rathalos X, from there bumrush Atlal Ka and get the Neset Set, which you can use to build just about any set so long as you have a good charm.

From there you can work backwards and farm monsters you need/want. Atlal Ka is an easy solo. The hardest part about G-rank progression is Lao Shan Lung.

Make a BM weapon out of the Lao you have to fight. The onsite weapons and your upgraded HR weapon should be more than enough to get it done.
If you have a good gunning set then that works especially well.

Crab armor is good enough to carry you through G. Any leveled deviant armor is as well if you've got some competence.
Don't go for Rath X unless you really need the extra help and/or you hate yourself. Maybe farm that online with the nips?

because its useless and frost edge was my anti gravios weapon in F1

i'm has better advice

Lao is a pretty nasty solo though. There's basically no chance unless you're gunning that you'll actually kill it, so you have to play the stagger game and make sure it doesn't destroy the fortress before 35 minutes are up.

Crab armor is fine. I went for Rath X specifically because I know Atlal Ka has some pretty weak hitzones and it would make the solo experience that much better.
I only repelled Lao, so I didn't have enough mats to make any of his weapons. I just opted to use an upgraded version of the Bherna Fossil weapons. I think they're called Elder somethings. They've got decent raw and good white, so they should last you until you get something better.

Is it a hobby or idiocy to buy a console for one game?

passionate hobby
if you have the disposable income, don't let anyone sway your own decision or color your opinions with their own

They'really doing this on purpose right?
They can't be this dumb?

>Enjoying 3U
>Anticipating Helios armor
>Finish off village LR and can now farm Caedeus
>Also unlocked HR village quests
>Absolutely 0 reason to give a fuck about LR Helios armor now when I can just farm a basic HR set to carry me through the village quests and through a huge chunk of the port
>Now I have to wait until G rank to get access to Helios X/Z
Aw fug.

rip Techno Viking. forever doomed to irrelevancy and backseat to the Anubis set.

Egyptian > Norse

take that back you bitch

>so many styles, HAs and shit makes it hard to choose the proper set up in XX
>emulate mh3u, want to try something else because I Lanced the whole game
>Bow doesn't have powershot (picked it up in 4U)
>Gunner weapons don't have screen shake for crit distance hits
fuck
>GS doesn't have strong charge

I guess I'll hammer again like in 3U :^)

Bow is strong as fuck in 3U, and GS does have strong charge, that was introduced in Tri.

I meant the sideways charge you do with A after certain actions.

And no powershot makes bow even more duller.

>I meant the sideways charge you do with A after certain actions.
The Strong Charge Finisher?

>Join Random's Room
>Do a Quest
>We fail even though I didnt cart once
>everybody leaves
Why are Random rooms so hit and miss?

Culture of gibs me dat in videogames

>Do a 1 cart quest
>Some guy dies ten seconds in
>I get kicked

I just wanted to help

>1 cart quest
What

Higher level G Deviants have a quest that only allows 1 cart.

So XX is indeed hardest game

So what are the DB changes in World? You now reverse grip but how changed is the new moveset?

it's more of an annoyance than anything. more often than not I forget that it's one-cart and get hit by something stupid and then die because higher level Deviants hit like absolute trucks.

Demon Mode moveset is more stationary and a good deal shorter. Rushing slash is now mapped exclusively to Circle, so you can do the Demon Spin even when in Demon Mode by just pressing circle towards the monster. Can also be accessed during the combo and has lots of free rotation.
You can basically be attacking in one direction and do a full 180 Demon Spin to reposition/attack a spot.

it doesn't allow one cart, the first cart ends the quest, right?

correct. I'm unsure if Felyne Insurance works on those quests, I'm assuming it does. But yeah. First cart fails the quest.

Will Capcom ever make that pink rathian plush available? Asking for a friend

Also the Rathalos plushes too so I can keep her happy

Correct.

Insurance does work.

I prefer to eat for moxie though if I'm soloing.

You're with your bro playing World, waiting for two more hunters in a turns room, when these two thots show up.

What do?

check their guild cards
if they have any uses with the bugstick, kick them

That Kirin armor on the left isn't in world, so I wonder what game I'm actually playing.

Look at HD pantsu

bug stick is based tho?

Kick them for being filthy fat neckbeards IRL

it is, but just like 4U the baguette is going to attract shitters of every type because of the wacky cuhrayzee anime flying moves.

Wait for more hunters to show up in the 16 slot room

Trip, launch, and bully them while hunting

wonder why I'm subjecting myself to autism instead of playing solo

drop my spaghetti

>You can basically be attacking in one direction and do a full 180 Demon Spin to reposition/attack a spot.
You can also do turning slashes by hitting triangle and a direction to reset your combo and turn around in the middle of a combo chain.

>WHEN BEGINNER GORE DOES NOT EXIST
I guess gore fucks with MH players. 4U was my first game and coming from Souls I was extremely underwhelmed by every iteration of gore that wasn't 126+ GQ, but I also tackled all the monsters like Souls bosses (attacking their asses and strafing) until I realised you're supposed to attack their head and stagger them for safety, and gore is stupidly easy if you do that. It's like the one monster with nothing to stop you, even his tailswipe has a really weird hitbox that somehow never hits anyone.

>Blacklist and rightfully kick them out
Homies over kirinhoes!

i believe this is also the case for sword and shield.

this was the demo cuh. gore is easy now that i've been fighting him for like 2 years

Kick because I need an asset to the team, not asses.

How much will MHW be for PC? Is it subscription or buy to play?

it'll be a full price game just like the console versions. $50-$60.

Buy to play, and it better be like that.

Demand to see their butts.

With tencent partnered with capcom, what do you think we can expect in NA?

What the fuck are you talking about? Tencent is the group making the shitty chinese MMO. They have nothing to do with World.

>And one final note - this beta is just a taste for what the quests will look and feel like in the full game. The beta features a game currently in development and some aspects about balance may be different from the full game, but the satisfaction of tracking and bringing down a giant monster you’ll find is all there.

Reminder to not get your panties in a twist over beta balance.

>PR talk

Numbers haven't even been consistent between beta builds, what makes you think they're going to be the same as release now?

Right, but I'm not talking about after fighting him for two years. He was really underwhelming compared to other monsters the first time I played.

chaotic gore isn't hard either but it's one of my favourite fights and a real noob killer for some reason.

Is this /mhg/'s first MH game or something?

>no PC beta
>not even a release date

Time to find someone with a PS4.

The DEMO of the fucking RELEASE CANDIDATE always has misleading balance that has nothing to do with the balance of the actual game, what makes you think a beta demo will accurately represent the balance of the final product?

Protip, gunlance is going to be high to top tier in the beta. It is going to be the weakest weapon in the final game. This is the natural order of the world.

Hey, it wasn't the weakest weapon in F2, 3U or 4...

Blame them putting in lv3 shells in the beta builds every time like retards. Though GL's extensive changes make it too hard to say for sure how the weapon will turn out this time just yet anyway.

>3U
[citation needed]
don't know about the others but I suspect you're wrong about those as well

the game it wasn't the weakest weapon in was p3rd and it was still weak, it was just strongER, fastER and easier to use than normal

GET HYPE NERDS FUCK DEMO IN A WEEK AAAAAAA

Handler cooking your food in one week!

You have two really good GL in 3U

GL was very competent underwater

It was shit in P3rd, in 3U it was decent because the monster selection happened to sort of favor it, and it had a couple of really strong weapons. Also shells managed to not be complete shit because 3U had really low raw compared to other G rank games.
F2 GL had extremely fast and strong guard upstabs, giving it high and safe DPS.
MH4 GL had level 5 shells and artillery god in high rank. Not the best weapon when IG existed, but it could get shit done better than you'd expect while being able to completely disregard actually having to aim.

Don't talk shit if you don't know shit.

Swagaxe will be shit in the demo and at the release