/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous General #235

Nevar Forget Edition
ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/aQPMdGhi

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16263-Discount-Starters-Anniversary-Special-Sale
robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50259/thread/what-exactly-is-cig-s-view-on-using-cheat-engine-t/722316
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/16303-YOU-Pick-The-Next-Drake-Ship
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

benis

second for misc and drake a let down

I fucking called it, we're getting tanks

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16263-Discount-Starters-Anniversary-Special-Sale

>no discount on SQ42+SC

ROBERRRRRRRRTSSSSS

of course we we're getting tanks. as soon as ground combat was a thing we were getting tanks and even more now that bases and base turrets are thing.

fug new thread I didn't get my (you)s yet

>we're getting tanks

WE'RE GETTING MECHS, RIGHT?

Fuck all this shit they're saying, fuck the Scout Carrier, fuck the Storage Runner, just give us pic related and call it the Starlifter. Damn thing already looks like a Drake ship anyway.

Note, Aurora is an LX which is $5 less than the LN. Mustang is still an Alpha.

'Threadly' reminder that Star Citizen will have it's commercial release before Half Life 3 is announced

WHY DO THESE POCKET CARRIER FUCKS RUIN EVERYTHING

CIG WHEN WILL YOU LEARN

tfw it's a pubg dayz world of tanks clone now

no point even going in space desu
pay some spacecuck to deliver your resources to your ground base

think more along the lines of Halo pelican but with 2-3 of the mounting points

and they just low key confirmed tanks / something larger than ursa so idk how this is even a question for these people.

IT SAYS THE WORD CARRIER XD MASH 1

VOTE FOR THE SCOUT CARRIER, I DON'T WANT TO COMMIT TO AN IDRIS FRIGATE JUST TO HAVE A FUCKING HANGAR IN SPACE!!!!!!!

I want something similar to the BMM that isn't an alien ship. Ground vehicles are gay.

NEW LEAKS: Drake Starlifter.

Shh, don't tell Chris

>flies in and just start stealing all the things with tractor beams.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Drake Negro.

So the sale dropped 25% off the price of SC but doesn't offer a discount for SQ42 as an addon? Horseshit.

>he thinks it’s going to be smaller than the Idris
You’re going to have a rough time son.

No fuck off we don't need large ships and we certainly don't need more shitty carriers.

A small salvage ship would be best for the game, there's a small and large mining ship yet only a large salvage one.

Even a constellation sized multicrew ship would be better than another carrier shit.

>This Anniversary 2017 promotion edition comes with an exclusive 60-Month insurance contract.

>Warbond version ships CANNOT be purchased with store credit

wtf bros I'm stuck with my shitty avenger and 6 month insurance. hopefully it doesn't matter anyway

>A small salvage ship would be best for the game
It's called a fucking Cutlass.

IT'LL BE CHEAPER GUD DYUM IT! A CHEAPER GUD DYUM FUKIN CARRIER YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!1111111

>implying any of the people mashing 1 even listened to the detailed description they gave
>implying theyre listening to the detailed description theyre giving now

it had the word carrier in it

>mfw the pocket carrier can only fit snubs
>mfw effortlessly stomping on Merlins using literally any other ship

A specialized salvage ship...

If you're just going to leave the ship and salvage by hand what difference does it make if you have a cutlas or any other small ship with a door.

CARRIER.

If Drake made this, it would be the best stand-in for an amphib.

like I'll ever be able to afford any ships in this game assuming it ever comes out

at least big ships will look cool to walk around desu

>Insurance isn't that important!
>hey, buy this new pack, it comes with LTI or 60 month insurance!

especially how they described its gameplay loop, like literally whats the point if processing raw salvage is taking a back seat to cutting good bits off by hand like you could do with any ship

>If you're just going to leave the ship and salvage by hand
That was literally the description of what the Vulture would be. Were you paying attention?

That's all a small salvage ship CAN be. You're not going to be scrapping raw materials. You don't have the carrying capacity. You're going to be using hand tools to strip components and shove them in your cargo bay. That is small salvage.

>what difference does it make if you have a cutlas or any other small ship with a door.
Exactly. We have dozens of small salvage ships.

Hey CIG if you want a military heavy lift ship called the Starlifter maybe actually make the military heavy lift ship called the Starlifter you already advertised years ago.

Isn't that the Starliner?

>he's not about to vote for the corsair

>cheaper
You're delusional. CIG doesn't do cheap anymore, it would be at least 700.

Huge audio file leak on plebbit.

They should never have gone back on LTI being only for the very first backers. It wouldn't even be a concern today if they just kept it as an exclusive minor perk to a select few. But now the set the precedent of it always having to be a thing or people will hesitate buying. Additionally it started the trend of people organizing and bitching loud enough to cause stupid, counterproductive changes because they know CIG will cave.

Goddammit I wanted a Drake Constellation to compete with the RSI line and the 600i

Why are dads/whales so obsessed with a fucking pocket carrier?

Yes, but the lore has three military variants. The Starlifter, troop transport. The Starhunter, patrol hunter-killer. The Starseeker, SWACS/C&C.

>those names
It should be the fucking Galleon.

the cutlass is actually one better, It has side bay doors and a turret, fit the turret with a cutting laser and tractor beam instead of weapons, fly it solo and swap to the gunners seat to grab parts, cut them off with a ship mounted and powered laser and drag them into the hold from the comfort of the sealed preassurized cockpit.

What? You expect them to make a new variant or module for a profession instead of a overpriced new ship to milk the whales with?

>It's probably not in active development yet

ayyy lmao

don't forget the 2 folding arms it now has on it's front

the Corsiar is still in play, this poll was for the third option on the real poll.

Real poll will be Small Salvager(Vulture) v. Gunboat(Corsair) v Carrier(Kraken)

Because they somehow think that CIG will make a carrier that is half the size and price of the Idris but can carry at least as many ships.

Cowboy Bebop.

Though seriously, the game needs a damn civilian ferry type ship.

WHERE'S THE VOTE LINK!!!!!!!

the game has like 4 yachts and or literal space 747s though

and the Idris-P is fucking 1250 you daft cunt

>Another ship that carries a useless fighter.
>More ground vehicles in a space sim.

I'd like to thank all the pieces of shit out there for this feature creep and shit ship selection thank you very much.

>implying 700$ is not expensive

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THE SCOUT CARRIER WON AND YOU COULDN'T DO SHIT ABOUT IT!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAGH!

>More ground vehicles in a space sim

I think we have enough fucking ships already. And it isn't just a space sim anymore. Fuck off and let us have a mini Planetside 2 in the game.

Not for a fuck-huge carrier compared to the Idris-P which literally only has the merit of having the Hangar and nothing else, doesn't have the railgun, doesn't have the STS gun(s)
The Virgin Idris-P vs The Chad Kraken

you're a little late to the party i see. SC added 4 moons with their 3.0 update, and is looking to add over 100 systems in total with at least this much land to explore.

the game only has a small handfull of ground vehicles so we need alot more to flesh out what is already 50% of the playable game space and mechanics. this isnt ED fortunately, so you can get out of your ship, where the other 75% of what SC is trying to be is waiting for you

Question guys. Do we know if CIG is starting to crack down on people using the offline mode "hack" in 3.0? It's certainly against the ToS. That tutorial on plebbit is full of white knights sucking CIG's dick, but there actually might be some merit to their warnings this time. Unlike previous offline modes this one is more connected to CIG's servers than ever before:

>This isn't really "offline" mode - you still need to connect to CIG's servers for session, inventory, and general player data. But this will spawn a local-only session like with singleplayer Arena Commander, rather than connecting to the online matchmaking servers.

Do you think they could detect people using Cheat Engine, and do you think they'll take any action against them?

You know another way to get around a planet or moon easily?

With a fucking space ship retard. Why would I want to fuck around rolling along in the dirt like a peasant piece of shit when I could just fly around until I see something I want to fuck with, then land and get out if I want to walk around?

>this isnt ED fortunately, so you can get out of your ship
You do know you can land on planets and moons in ED, and leave your ship in a rover to explore the surface right?

You can't walk around in your meatbag avatar yet, no, but I don't really see that as being particularly critical.

>With a fucking space ship retard.
Until it runs out of fuel because atmospheric flight uses up hydrogen fuel faster than you replenish it and slam into the ground like a retard.

Nothing you do in offline mode seems to carry over into the PU, so I wouldn't worry about it. I don't they care anyways, unless someone manages to datamine and play some Sq42 or one of the presentations I wouldn't bet on anyone getting banned for using Cheat Engine to do something that people will eventually figure out how to do with the console anyways.

Bought the mustang package since thats all that showed up in shop the first few minutes. Did I make a mistake not getting LX?

equal ccu value, you're fine
mustang rework>aurora anyway but you should prolly get an avenger or something if you want to actually enjoy 3.0

>Why would I want to fuck around rolling along in the dirt like a peasant piece of shit when I could just fly around until I see something I want to fuck with, then land and get out if I want to walk around?
What if it's a derelict with debris spread wide and you just want to collect some key items/salvage? You going to get in and out of your ship move to the cockpit, power up and fly 300meters everytime or think
"Wow if only there was a small vehicle that is easy to get in and out of I could do all this without having to get onboard, take off and land and disembark every time"

a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

WHERE'S MY FUCKING CATERPILLAR MODULES CIG!?!?!?
NO ONE GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT THE REWORKED CUNTLASS AND DRAGFLY AT THIS POINT!!!!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/50259/thread/what-exactly-is-cig-s-view-on-using-cheat-engine-t/722316

Wow and posted today no less. Still, it says nothing if they'll take any action on those who have used it, or if they'll let anyone that used it up until this point slide since this is their first official public stance on the matter.

Whatever, I'll stop using it. I get the same FPS anyway, so there's no point. Hope I'm not fucked though.

>THE KRAKEN MEME SHIT IS WINNING
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/16303-YOU-Pick-The-Next-Drake-Ship
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wow, the Corsair is getting rekt in the poll. Shame, of the three it was by far the ship I was most interested in. The Vulture sounds pointless and I'm not whale enough for a Kraken, but the Corsair is something I could actually afford and use, maybe even earn in game after release.

>robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/16303-YOU-Pick-The-Next-Drake-Ship

R8 my starfighter, /scg/

i hope the solo salvage user gets cucked

notavalkyrie/10

I bought the 'Stang as well, but I've been sold on starting with it ever since the concept art for the new version came out. I just wish I could've gotten 42 for a decent price with it.

I guess I'll have to see if I feel like getting something bigger once I have access to 3.0. I'm sure I'll want more ship eventually, but I'd like to see some of the rework concepts and stuff before I choose one.

So wait, the Kraken is essentially a mobile chop shop? That does actually sound cool.

WHEN WILL THEY LEARN

I'll be happy with either the Corsair or the carrier. I'm just glad it's not the dumbass salvage ship.

What pick guy?

More of a general mobile base and mass vehicle transporter. They said it would have shops onboard, so I guess it's also kind of an alternative to the BMM.

The only redeeming feature I’m seeing here is that the Kraken is fucking huge by the description so at least won’t be a pocket carrier.

>everyone votes for the (probably) 1000+$ option

Nothing of the sort

It'll be a "truck stop" in the same way the caterpillar is "just a cargo ship".

vulture

But user, you can buy it with in-game money In 2035

My thoughts exactly. You pull in a few 'found' ships, cut them up, and sell the parts all on one ship.

It doesn't matter, the carrier already won. Nothing anyone can do at this point.

>plebs vote for the pocket carrier
>freak out when it costs as much as an Idris
Why won’t people think these things through, baka

and will need 10 slaves to operate, yeah

Yes, after three years worth of grinding for credits.

>truck stop

>Drake’s capital ship entry, space to park and store a few medium ships (up to Freelancer-sized) and transport them around the verse. Serves as a mobile truck stop in function with a small hub of stores (some less than legit) to help restock.
pic related

Who the fuck wants an expensive glorified space ferry?

>space to park and store a few medium ships (up to Freelancer-sized)
>a few freelancers
And people were expecting the carrier to be cheaper than an idris, good fucking luck.

bebop fags
about a thousand and counting of them judging from the poll

It probably still will be, but less well defended and significantly more fragile.

CIG doesn't give a fuck about capabilities or features when it comes to price anymore. If it's large and hyped it's expensive.