>[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
>[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

/rpgmg/ Collab Project | Ch5 awaiting volunteer
mediafire.com/file/ckfve2l1n6skby6/CollabProj-4.zip

>8 Hour Game Challenge
Need to get the juices flowing? Want to make a quick game just to say that you did?
Then try the 8 Hour Game Challenge - henceforth known as 8HGC because I can't be arsed to write it out every time.
You have a time limit of 8 hours to make a game. You're encouraged to use mostly RTP assets and to follow this set of requirements:
>Make an opening scene
>Make a town
>Make a world map
>Make dungeon with mobs
>Make boss fight
>Make an end cutscene

Remember that these are more guidelines than straight-up rules. Don't have 8 subsequent hours? Divide the development in smaller segments. Don't want to use RTP? Use custom graphics. Want to make a puzzle game instead of an RPG with battles? Do it.

>Games made for the 8HGC

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kVhUquH1lmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=p5OUYW6LD5I
youtube.com/watch?v=cREWV7vTleg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Still working hard, trying to save this thread,
here's some progress, something something Lunatics.

Some lore or something.
Placeholder music tho.

youtu.be/kVhUquH1lmQ

there's a lot of blue here

What are you working on user?
Do you need any help?

Jesus Christ.

bump

I was hoping this would die with the previous thread.

>tfw every general I join here is a deadgen because I don't play hentai/animu games
I wish I could be Japanese and watch anime. I didn't even know so many Japs use Veeky Forums.

I was looking at the MV collab game. It's the last month, so I figured I'd volunteer to make ch5 the final chapter.

But chapter 4 is really irrational and makes some huge leaps in logic. I don't see how anyone could have followed it.
In chapter 3, theres a big info dump with a new character and it ends by cutting to black with a gunshot. It was open for interpretation for chapter 4 to continue from. Who? What? Where? Why?

As I recall, someone (silentmaid?) attempted to make ch4 a prison break level. But they only made an event where Dahl explains he was some kind of secret military gone rogue. But the chapter was never completed, so it was scrapped.

Then Girlsaurus did chapter 4 as we see it. It opens inside the volcano. You don't see what happened, they just tell you. Dahl shot the new character. Never explained why. They fell into the volcano, but it doesn't explain how. Arwin accuses Dahl of betraying them, when? And they chase Dahl around the volcano for no apparent reason. Arwin is given a regen effect for no reason, it's called "fire brand" but the players don't know that - only developers can see it and infer context.
Just whole thing went nowhere.

just drawing and waiting for people to bring up scripting discussions

I want to conclude everything in chapter 5. But, there characters are stuck in this volcano. Nobody's motives are explained (This was suppose to be the middle of the game).

There's a big eye in sky.
Jaye is now more evil?
Griselda hasn't been seen since chapter 1.
We don't know what the King wants with Orihs.
And the shadow portals mentioned in the prologue have yet to be seen.

>I wish I could be Japanese and watch anime.
You know that you can be not Japanese and still watch anime, right?
Japanese people use 2chan. Which is a whole other can of worms.

I dunno how you guys expect the 8HGC to succeed when people had 2 weeks to a month to do less than what you're asking for their part in the collab.

Time compression. FF8-style. Do it

Wouldn't it be really convenient if all these issues were just one problem that could be solved by kicking a boss in the balls hard enough?

You have to actually explain shit.

Got any ideas on how to do that?

>A young boy is writing the story, a la Axe Cop. This is why nothing has any greater context. The final boss is made of crayon

>An aged warrior is fighting dementia. He can't connect the dots anymore. The final boss fight is easy and puts up no resistance. It's one last exciting battle before he finally slips away, surrounded by his loved ones

That's not kicking the boss in the balls. That's kicking the audience in the balls.
You can do a genre-shift at the beginning. Not the end.
It's like saying "and he woke up and it was all a dream" so the last 4 hours was an irrelevant waste of time. Fuck you. I got your attention and you get nothing. ha. ha. ha.

Can people tell if I release a game that I made in a pirated version of VX Ace? I'm not even going to sell it, it's gonna be free.

Yes.
Red Mage is using a pirated version of xp.

Well that's kind of worrying. I have an even bigger question now...

Considering that I'm using a pirated photoshop CS5, a pirated VX Ace and some copyrighted music to make my game, but that I'm making it free to play, are there any sites where I can post my game without getting into trouble?

bump

I gave you the best I could without actually playing the collab. It sounds like, if I were to play it, I'd need a corkboard and lots of red string to make an ending that amounts to an ounce of sense

Work on your game user
Work on it

live

good night bump

>tfw you download a demo and the full game is inside it.

Which lewd game is this?

Stop bumping and answer me please

Just throw it on mega or something.
The worst thing that could happen to you is that the file gets deleted, but I really doubt that.

They wrote their own English title called "The name of the light that will light up the cursed world"

So the prologue is like, demons attack the world and curse people. This guy finds a baby in a ruined village. 18 years later the baby grows up into (you) "Willow" but you can change his name to whatever. So Willow has a special power to remove curses. You visit the king and he's like, Plz save us blah blah blah. So your first task is to remove the curse from this man.

And in true eroge game fashion it's narrated in first person. So Willow is describes all his senses to you. He holds his palms over the man who is radiating a lot of heat.
I'm not really sure what the curse does just other than that. Still reading.

I wonder if there is a pirate for visual novel maker.
I wanna buy it later but im broke right now

The 8HGC isn't part of the collab.
It's probably going to be more successful since you can do literally anything, and the game doesn't even have to be fun.
You just have to make a game with time constraints, to force you to raise your productivity.

i'm not supposed to be drawing anymore

Which version of RPG Maker would you recommend for a game where the attacks are determined by the key sequence you put in, if that makes sense

I was thinking 2003 just because it's more animated but I'm not sure about how turns are handled

I was wondering that myself.
I know you can't post on the official forums, for obvious reasons, but what about sites like rpgmaker.net?
Or even gamejolt and itch.io?
I was hoping to avoid buying one of the engines unless I wanted to make a commercial game.

It's not really a question of where to upload it, since mediafire and mega certainly don't check if your rpg maker game was made with an illegal version. You could upload it on mega/mediafire and post it here, for example.
The problem is that if you post that same game on, say, the official forums, you're gonna get banned.

So he moves his palms down the man's body. This stirs the curse up and it moves around inside the man looking for a way to escape. And of course, it ends up in the the guy's crotch. He pops a boner. And Willow's like, "I have to make contact with the skin".
So you have to decide to continue or not. "But thou must!"
So he grabs on to it. Describing all the juicy details. He's palm's light up.
And the man is all "OMG don't stop. Keep doing that."
So Williow beats the guy off telling himself "I have to do it...to save him"
And the man is like "Fuck me. Nichan!" and Willow is like "ok...how about this"
And he pulls out some lube he just happens to have in his bag, and starts fingering the guy.
So the man cums and was like "Cool, thanks. I'm going to sleep now" ZZZZ
And Willow was like, "Awesome. Time to report this to the King"
And the King pays him 1000g. Which Willow is like "No I couldn't. It's too much. You're smile is reward enough."
"What are you going to do now?"
"Sleep at the inn."
"Ok. Don't be a stranger."
and yeah...

For VX Ace game the maps are really really well done. They really knew what they were doing.

For some reason I wasn't expecting a bara game made in VX Ace.

I wasn't expecting a bara anything today, but life works in mysterious ways.

I really want to make a game based on a vocaloid song and/or series.
You could make epic rpgs like the Synchronicity series or several connected stories like the Seven Deadly Sins series.
You could make several horror games based just on stuff like Kikuo's songs.

I can feel my inner weeaboo taking over.

Join me tomorrow night on "/RPGMG/ After Dark"
When I'll show you "Survival Game" and the cluster fuck mapping of "YokkoraSex" which is made up by animated sex scene.

bump

Why do you always post gay shit?

That's a wallpaper from RPG Maker FES, right?
It looks pretty cool as an OP image.

I can post trans shit if you like. Not really my cup of tea since tea is for the Brits. who also happen to be big fans of crossdressing. Which coincidentally is what they call "gay" but only the "queer" sense of the word.

They're really more of an side-feature since it's less to do with sexuality and more to do with personality. There's a little overlap I guess, but not a lot. Some guys just like to feel pretty and wear costumes.
Traps aren't as popular as people think, it's really just a way to circumvent "no shota" rules most sites have by calling it "feminine" rather than "prepubescent". But they're not fooling anyone.

I'd prefer you posted neither but that's just me

Why use Visual Novel Maker? For the assets?
Because if all you're looking for is a tool to make visual novels there's always Renpy.

So we're bringing back /rpgmg/ - No Homo Edition?

No, clearly /rpgmg/ needs more culture.
So we're visiting the wonderful world of vore
youtube.com/watch?v=p5OUYW6LD5I
youtube.com/watch?v=cREWV7vTleg

I've always liked the "literal nobody who rose up to the occasion" type of MC, never been that into Chosen Ones.
What about you? Do you think it's a cheap way to make a character feel important?

>You know that you can be not Japanese and still watch anime, right?
Yeah but anime is about Japan and I live in the USA.
I've tried watching anime about the USA but they're not very good.

Watch sci-fi anime then, there's a lot of great classic series.

I want to make my MC like how it is in MMORPGs: You're special but so are a lot of people-- in fact, you're not even that great. But you have a job to do so you're gonna do it.

>Anime is about Japan
Not necessarily. It depends on the genre.
Obviously, if it's a Slice of Life you'll get stories about daily life in Japan, but you can also get stuff like fantasy or scifi.
There's so much anime out there that SOMETHING will be to your tastes, I can assure you.

I like chosen ones because they're unwilling and unaware. But they've got the aptitude, and were born for, a purpose.
It's a satisfying thing to watch them fall into place like a puzzle piece. Especially when they're contending with an artificial chosen one that was built or had spent years of training to master something that come naturally to the real chosen one.

The problem with "the everyman" is that they can be -duh- anyone. So they're not special. Their opportunities are serendipitous, which is what's endearing about it.

They both fated to do something.
The Chosen one - it has to be him; no choice. Inescapable fate.
The Everyman - it has to be these circumstances; made the choice. Inevitably would have fallen to someone else.

I've watched maybe 80 animes and the one I liked the most was one about Brazil and all of Satoshi Kon's stuff and then that one movie where Plaid did the OST because I like Plaid.
When I mean it's about Japan, I don't mean in the SoL sense. It's just really catered to Japanese tastes, the way the characters act, the way they wink-wink-nudge-nudge make regional jokes, how they constantly reference Japanese jokes/memes that just feel awkward towards foreign audiences (like constant references to Dragonball in fighting anime and other older anime that feels like some cliche but then you find out that it was supposed to be a homage). Anime feels like a huge circlejerk between the animation companies and it's so in-your-face about it, like if Dreamworks diverged into a bunch of animation companies (because they always do the same sort of referencing/joking/hurrdurr we're better than this company anime companies do).
I mean, I guess it's better than Korean anime which is just them wanking over how much they love nature and how much we have to preserve nature and mUh AnGsTtTtTtTtT.
I don't know. I don't think I can enjoy cartoons anymore. Same with most movies nowadays but for different reasons (movie companies are all circle jerks though, still).

culture? milieu?
Being foreign doesn't have to be alien. You just need more exposure. It's all just explorations of the human condition. Stories are never about the setting. They're about Milieu, Ideas, characters, or events.
M.I.C.E.

Like one subgenre of fantasy that is really big in Japan, is the Summoned Hero. Stories about people being "spirited away" is a big part of Japanese folklore, which explains it's popularity. It gets all sort of subversions and inversions. But in the west most people are only familiar with the "sucked into a video game" trope.

Summoned Hero stories are so common that they even have series about life for the hero once they've returned home a changed person - but like, we never see their epic adventure in the other world. It's just understood that they've obtained extraordinary abilities from living this other life, and now they're back in the ordinary world living a highschool drama in a special school for students who all were spirited away to different worlds too. Or maybe they're so out of touch with their original world, that the only common bond is with their sister who shared their experience in the other world, and it evolves into an incestous romance.

So this works, I guess.

Has anyone uploaded the FES DLC pack for MV here yet?

Maybe it's just a thing like how children like cartoons about princesses who like to sing.
I've always been more into the short-term stranded trope/setting (e.g.: I need to get to a wedding a city over but I'm staying at an inn in the middle of no where run by a homicidal maniac with a cleaver with no way to leave until morning.) Unfortunately, that usually delves into the horror genre where horror is definitely a more of a regional thing (I like Canadian horror personally.) That said michiko e hatchin had that short-term stranded trope/setting episodically and wasn't horror and I enjoyed it.

>we never see their epic adventure in the other world. It's just understood that they've obtained extraordinary abilities from living this other life, and now they're back in the ordinary world living a highschool drama in a special school for students who all were spirited away to different worlds too

Why the hell do the Japanese do this? Is high school shit THAT popular, or are they hiding the fact they're bad writers by only leaving the high school safezone for little pieces at a time?

Once again. The setting is not the point. The setting is the setting. It's not a theme. It's not a genre.
Did you sleep through English class? How can you claim to know anything about writing?

You're just looking to authenticate subjective connotations within you that can't be objectified or shared. Your verbalization is so loose I expect you to mean anything other than what you actually say.

Too many anime take place in high school. It's a safe setting for people who never bothered to research any other kind of setting. I think it's lazy, and that particular setting has its own set of tropes and sequences (eg Getting Assigned to a Class, Class Rivalries, The School Festival) that I'm sick of seeing.

They assume their viewers are Japanese students and showing the characters struggling in school or doing every day school things connects the viewer to the characters on a deeper level. You feel bad when they fail and you feel happy when they succeed because they feel less like strangers when they do what you do. You have empathy for characters if you feel connected to them. It's also easy to write since everyone did it, You don't need to have much imagination when making SoL anime.

I feel like a normal-person-turned-hero is empowering, but they need to go through some real difficulties or at least start with some experience. If a random civilian can become a hero with zero effort, might as well go with the chosen one trope.

Agreed with this. Zettai Hero Project (PSP) was the game I played where this theme was prominent. Sure putting on a hero costume made you somewhat stronger than normal folk, but you didn't get to the heart of what being a hero really was until you went through all the trials and tribulations that went with becoming a "real" hero.

How would someone be able to tell your rpgmaker is pirated anyways?

I assume by looking at the .dll?
I remember reading something like that at least.

If we knew how they did it we could fake it easily. We'll probably never learn how they test it.

What if I make a game and THEN make enough money from the game to be able to buy a legal version?
or is that still liable for a lawsuit?

Probably yes.

Posting my tilesets becouse why the fuck not.

Why don't you just watch Animes without a high school setting then?

Holy Mixels Batman!

bump

Who's the orthodox saint fifth picture from the bottom right?

What if I put out my game for free?

Counting from the right? Elizabeth of Hungary. She's not actualy an ortodox saint, it's just a depiction of her in a style of ortodox icon. Those are popular even among catholics in for example eastern europe.

Then how would anyone even know what version you used?

Does anyone have a midi of that clown song?

What clown song are you talking about?

The fucking song that's like doot-doot-didididi-doot-doot-doo-doo

They don't care if your illegally-created game is free. If you share it with your anonymous friends on Veeky Forums your chance of getting sued is nearly zero. If you put it up on Steam it becomes 102%

What if I put it in my blog and chill my site everywhere?

>Mixels
The hell is that?

turning 3d models into pixelated objects

Entrance of the Gladiators? I don't have a midi, but I think that's the name.

Not exactly. Mixels is when you have a bunch of different clearly conflicting art styles in a single game. If you actually use those tilesets, your game will be a gigantic joke because NOTHING fucking matches.

I thought mixels was having inconsistent pixel sizes?

I dream of the day I finish the first village

Now THAT is what I call a consistent artstyle!

Thanks.

Not all of those are pixelated, just scaled. The little red tent at the bottom left seems to be properly done but not the "thing" that's directly above the thing fifth from the left at the bottom (both from the first picture).
If anyone cares, which they probably don't while playing it since art is usually unrelated to gameplay, someone could contrast the image, sharpen the edges a little bit after it's scaled rather than before, or use a different art program to edit it since I know some add feathered edges after scaling unfortunately, and then adding some pasteurization to smooth out the pixel-y look.

Thanks bro