/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers
>TerraTech

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0K_sGDcCwUI
youtube.com/watch?v=GPbnnu0I_bc
youtube.com/watch?v=nyHzfVnI4J8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for external suffering

Haven't played Spengies in months, want to do a survival run and finally explore all the planets and moons.

Suggest any mods to make survival more interesting or fun? Right now I got the DeepOres one and looking for others.

I'm new to /egg/, can someone give me a quick run down on the meme part in the OP about scam artists?

Space Just Got Real
Eyes Just Got Clear

No

lurk moar

Got them both thanks

So am I late to the mars buggy race?

Yarr matey

Now I'm even more curious.

A moderate speed increase. If you want inmersion there's stuff like animations whenever you interact with screens and that.

Should you start on a lemon and going for a space adventure first, take into account that escaping the gravity field of the planet nearby might suck all your uranium. Unless you have a lucky asteroid nearby or hunt crates and ships you can get boned really fast.
Be warned that going for the skin crates is a journey on its own, they spawn far enough to deviate you and fast enough to appear close to the last one and deviate you even more. They have good materials, tools and some uranium. You can actually start on an earthlike planet completely naked and work up scavenging lootboxes.

Don't, it involves a lot of cat dick

what

God bless that man.

Are you from reddit? That's fucking stupid.and an even bigger waste of investors money than usual.

Is "planetary orbit" really "deep space"?

You do realize they have to do a demo mission to prove that it's capable of putting payloads into orbit, right? Nobody is going to fucking ship their multi-million dollar satellites or cargo for the ISS on the maiden flight of a brand new rocket family.

Sure they would. The discount for riding the Spex test rocket would probably more than account for the extra-high payload insurance.

I have made a minor miscalculation

What? Using cram cannons?

Why not? NASA put humans on the first saturnV flight to the moon. Never sent an unmanned one

What the fuck happened in that pic.

>would probably
No, no it wouldn't. The premiums would be astronomically high because the Falcon Heavy has never been field tested. Insurance companies aren't going to gamble on a billion-dollar "maybe" like this.
And why would SpaceX want to get itself involved in a potential insurance dispute worth billions of dollars if shit hit the fan? It's not as simple as "oh sorry our rocket blew up, but that flight was a freebie on us so no harm done," fuck no, insurance lawyers would be on Musk's ass in a heartbeat.

NASA is part of the US government, that's why. The astronauts were all federal employees, and all the cargo was federal property. Things work differently fifty years later in the private sector.

They did multiple test flights before actually landing though, including an attempted unmanned trans-lunar orbit with Apollo 6.

Plus, if anything went wrong then there was still the launch escape tower, which modern satellite launches don't have.

AFAIK nasa never even tested the saturnV with a crew to earth orbit before going directly to the moon. The saturnV went directly from unmanned earth orbit test to manned moon mission. The first manned apollo flight used a much smaller rocket.

Yeah and no one would sell them life insurance.

Latest Opus Magnum supply drop fucking when?

I made a thing, but I feel like my own screenshot isn't good enough. Anyone got a lovely screenshot to go with my beautiful art?

If the explosions were maybe ten times as big as that I'd pick up factorio again.

nukes are huge though, I just took the screen just before the giant cascade while trying to run from a mirrion biters. if you get hit by the nuke its instant death.

Still too small. Can't you just click on the map and nuke them?

It would probably be uninsurable. None of the payloads which were lost on the first Ariane 5 flight were insured. Although most (if not all) of them were academic projects which probably wouldn't have happened if they'd had to pay commercial launch rates.

Also: there isn't exactly much commercial demand for launches to Mars.

How is an explosion that covers the entire screen too small?

Clearly you have a less refined taste in explosions.

>can't glass a continent
yawn. Barely davey crocket teir

This I want them to turn a huge area into a glassed, radioactive, barren wasteland not these dumb firecrackers user has been posting.

I don't disagree with you, but you know. It's still kinda biggu.

Just send the robot army mod in to remove kebab for you so you can continue being autistic about belting everything.

Especially wire.

Never fucking ever use roundabouts that have l lesser than four times length your longest trail. Its fucking pointless and dangerous. Normal crossroads are better, and crossroads with dedicated right turn split are best

but I like roundibouts

They're deadly and have subpar effectiveness.

I'm sorry. I'm terrible with roundibout logics.

>They're deadly
What about them is more deadly than a normal crossing?

Should unfortunate change in train's schedule happen it'll crash into itself

my carts arent long enough for that to even happen

Soon they'll get big enough

Not if the train is less long than the distance around the roundabout. "Under one specific easily avoidable situation roundabouts could potentially be bad" does not make a very convincing argument.
>b-but your trains will get longer!
I'll make the roundabout bigger.

I posit that small roundabouts are fairly tricky to manually drive around at full speed.

but they are cute

I think he counts everything outside of eath+moon gravwell deep spess
or perhaps anything ouside of our stratosphere

1: that's the beauty of factorio, except you shouldn't stop for 3 minutes, you should do math constantly, in advance, in retrospect, theoretical if you ain't got any plans ahead for now, upgrade if your science is slow, you should always math
that's what makes factorio so great for me, I run through the fields of belts and my mind's rushing with numbers, my legs go forwars, while my brain sprints left to right constantly
it's exhilarating desu
2: this is your brain falling back on old patterns, this is bad, obviously it's nice to do something gridded and neatly organized once in a while, but you should force yourself to break the rail your mind's stuck on and (I know this sounds cheesy) embrace the spaghetti
reach for the most unorganized and convoluted mess you can, as a challenge, if you see symmetry try to break it, look at each and single tile of your base and think how it could be utilized to trigger /egg/

because in fugtorio nukes are fun
only way to launch them is your standard shoulder-mounted rocket launcher
if you don't want to die, you have to be fast

howcome aren't you shamed of youself
>I don't have problem with this problematic thing because my trains are for retards
at least 4 cargo wagons, now go and redeem yourself with blood of the ayyylium

oh for fuck's sake, there is no hope for you, is there?

I don't know why you'd drive a train manually at full speed around a rail system complex enough to need crossings, but if that's something you do then you've brought up a valid point.

>oh for fuck's sake, there is no hope for you, is there?
Sorry I'm designing my transportation systems in a different way than you.
Actually I'm not sorry you're retarded.

>no better use for a Tesla than shooting it into space

but what if... I like roundabits my way?

They also always allow only one train at a time, while even most unsophisticated T section can allow more trains if their paths do not intersect. While some more elaborate crossroads allow for almost continuous movement, with minimal wait times.

>apparently pistons and clang got fixed
>finally.gif
>time to build an elevator
>go full autist
>come back from mining
>see this shit

>single piston
>walls are part asteroid
>lights occupy the same space as platform
Guess who brought this on you.
Disable subgrid damage on the world options.

>7 minutes to climb to fucking 1600 m
I shouldn't enjoy flying this slow-ass shitplane but for some reason I do

it's pretty user

plen's pretty too

how do I improve on this? barely any blue is coming out. I'm too dumb. I can't feed the stupid blues enough greens. I'm too dumb for this game.

youtube.com/watch?v=0K_sGDcCwUI
youtube.com/watch?v=GPbnnu0I_bc

This business of replicating plen game cutscenes in Besiege has gone entirely too far.
2nd one is the part in Ace Combat 3 where Keith gets his dick stuck. I couldn't stop laughing then and I can't stop now.

look carefully, there is a point where you cut 1/2 of green supply and change it, so blues are supplied only 2 halfbelts (that equals one full belt)
in this very point, use splitters to branch out 1/8th instead and provide rest (7/8th worth of saturation of 2 belts) to blues.
protip: splitters split into 2 equal parts
protip: 8 is 2^3

so.... make more green chips?

If it works, the tesla roadster will be the fastest car ever made

>If it's made

ftfy

Essentially.

Like at least fourfold more

>nemo
The ultimate timeless Egg
But...
>electrosphere
The good (jap) version was already translated if you dont speak moonrunes.

you could, or you could fix the split you've got on the right that cuts blue greenInput by half

>not using legacy
what do you think you are doing?
it's because of people like you the AI will take over

Thanks user I'm sure you're pretty too

thanks
quick!

It's not like Musk couldn't afford it out of his own pocket. Dude has already redefined "fuck you" money like three times.

on one hand I'm way to lazy to replicate this
on the other it seems the method guy used is extremly inefficient
youtube.com/watch?v=nyHzfVnI4J8

But can it run doom

>mfw I don't even know how to turn lights on and off

Fuck off retarded frogposter

A dozen frogposters are better than one dumb nigger who gets triggered by frogposting.

thats not nice

>a dozen shitposters are better than one person trying to stop them
Kill yourself, enabler.

Gtfo redditard

pepe is reddit

lets not do this
no seriously fuck off

frogposting is easily ignored
crying about it because REE REDDIT is less so

normally yes, but take a peek what's happening now
each and every single post a pic, do you want that? I can start spamming if that's what you desire this thread to devolve to

No wonder this general's gone to such shit. It's full of retarded mobile posters who post le funny may mays on lebbit and upvote facebook posts right after posting their favorite lobotomised frog man reaction image.
Fuck off.

If you don't want shitposting then post engineering you dumb fucks

who wants to bet that the autist shrieking about frogs is a kerbnigger trying to shit up the place

it was two pictures, and the second only came because of whining about the first

Says the one shitting up the general even more by responding.
Don't respond, you fucktard.

So, i see you're a member of that dump

Get out of here tard

Is this for kerbal space program posting?

Stop justifying /pol/ebbitors.

Oh the irony

Fucking aspergers

What do you think is the next Zachtronics game? Is it going to be the same kind of two dimensional puzzle with emergent interactions between individual elements like all his other fucking games? Or will it be exactly that, except also 3D?

I'm gonna go with a canadian. Getting so shitter shattered over pepe images has to be politically motivated.

>it was two pictures
I count 5

3D one would be pretty cool