How were these puppers used in battles?

How were these puppers used in battles?

Where they to spoop the enemy? used to start enemies on fire? or used to deplete all the oxygen out of holes in which the enemy was hiding?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aPQYK5ZMbWY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Where they to spoop the enemy? used to start enemies on fire? or used to deplete all the oxygen out of holes in which the enemy was hiding?

All of the above.

youtube.com/watch?v=aPQYK5ZMbWY

They were used to light Japanese cigarettes

To burn out bunkers and tunnels. Also, it's scary as shit. I remember reading about how in WWI, when a soldier is captured, they are (usually) taken alive as POWs. But when one side captured a flamethrower unit, they were immediately executed, no questions asked.

I've also heard the same things about MG crews

cleared out trenches and trench barracks like nothing else.

Really? I suppose that does make sense when I think about it. Goddamn, WWI was terrible.

Or we might just be getting memed on.

It's sort of true guys. WW1 was fucking shit.

Dunno how true it is, but besides MG and flamethrower crews, I've also heard the same thing happening to captured snipers and German soldiers captured with saw bayonets. I assume a lot of it is just urban myth.

My grandpa said they used them to roast enemy bunkers

>I assume a lot of it is just urban myth.
At least for snipers confirmed by gramps. His CO ordered him to throw away his scope before they went into captivity for better chances of surviving the initial situation.

They used it to werf flammen

snipers are cowards anyways...

Rather a coward for some time than dead a whole life

>inb4 somebody says that they are banned because they are so horrible
Flamethrowers aren't banned. It's simply that we have so many superior weapons now that they are obsolete in every way.

It's true for snipers.

German snipers stopped recording their kills and threw away all their medals and documents in case of capture.

>blast it into bunker
>burns to death anyone close enough to the flame to be hit by it (almost instantaneously by the way)
>anyone else in the bunker who can't escape in time will be gassed with monoxide from the flame's reaction
They were shockingly effective, moreso than a lot of people believe.

Internet fight

>ITT
>irrelevant /k/ shit

China still uses them.

The "this weapon was so bad it was banned!" meme applies to

crossbows (banned by pope)
shotguns (by geneva convention)
serrated bayonets ""
gas ""
flamethrowers ""

none of which are true

Serrated bayonets weren't banned but anyone caught with one was executed immediately

Forgot willie peter

Yes, they were effective at that time. But why bother with carrying around a huge flamethrower if incindieary or thermobaric weaponry does the same job better and with so much less risk. Hell, probably much more cost effective too. Why train several guys with the flamer and then hope they make it to the bunker/cave system in one piece when you can just collapse the bunker with a nice HE missile. Or a thermobaric bomb directly inside the cave, basically atomizing anyone in the blast zone, horribly burning anyone on the edges of it and explosively depriving almost the whole system of air itself.
Plus you have to consider your own troops. No matter how you hate the enemy, wading knee deep through burned sludge of human flesh and ocasionally stumbling on half recognizable human bones and whatever sad remains were only little affected by the sticky mixture will give pause to anyone. Not to mention the smell...

China also can't reliably expect to have all of the above be avalaible to each of their squads. Plus if you are only burning out muslim rebels in the jungle it is good enough.

Yeah nothing says "coward" like voluntarily entering a battlefield ONE YOUR OWN and try to hide yourself from the thousands of enemies who would love nothing more than to kill you for days at a time.

Snipers perform a vital function, by killing key enemy officers and technical crew they can save dozens of lives on their own side.

More effective than chucking a couple of grenades in?

But gas IS banned.

Fun fact: when they didn't have flamethrowers, GIs figured out that you could get stubborn Japanese out of a tunnel by flooding it with water and then pouring in gasoline and lighting it.

The water will get everywhere, and the gas floats on top of the water.

They'll either run out and get shot, or they'll be unable to hold themselves underwater, pop up for air, get burned, and then repeat the process until they die.

noice
o
i
c
e

only lethal gas
tear or knockout gas is fine

Well it was like that for British and American commandos in WW2 too. Normal soldiers were captured, the commandos were executed immediately because they were usually fucking up the Nazi's shit from behind their lines and they were pretty good at escaping prison camps.

That was because the Dieppe Raid pissed off Hitler so much he issued the Commando order.

Don't snipers usually have spotters?
Or is that a recent thing.

Nothing like that in ww1, idk about ww2 or modern snipers.

The US also had a dedicated chemical corps that didn't see action in WW2 (ie the chemical mortar battalions) but by Vietnam were the ones who were called in to fumigate the larger tunnels.