/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

retroarchleaks.wordpress.com/2017/12/02/squarepusher-vs-the-world-nvidia-and-steam/
youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A
forums.ppsspp.org/search.php?action=results&sid=65627ef5f8b5e168d1ea6ebb616f41f5&sortby=lastpost&order=desc
google.com/search?q=ppsspp texture mods
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Need_Games?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SP must pay for his crimes.

So I have a laptop with a i5-7300HQ, GTX1050 4GB, and 8GB RAM, could I handle emulating Xenoblade Chronicles in Dolphin at 1080p full speed?

Why don't you just try it, faggot

>over 10k mario hacks

Is Ryzen still not preferred for PS3/WiiU emulation?

4GHz frequency is necessary right?

ryzen is shit

vita emulator when

You piece of shit I told you to stop posting that disgusting fat elf.

bump

In CEMU you can hold the tab-key on your keyboard down to show the alternate screen.

How can I do this with a gamepad?

As far as I can tell there's no way to remap this key to my controller, is there?

There is basically no point using launchbox in addition to retroarch if you don't care about colourful box art/nicer oresentation right? I have had nothing but issues with launchbox

Use something like Xpadder or Antimicro to map it to your controller.

Yo, has anyone tried to run MGS4 on RPCS3 since the new update from a day ago?

>PS3
Pretty sure it's at least decent for PS3. Although Intel stepped up their game with the new 6 core processors.

retroarchleaks.wordpress.com/2017/12/02/squarepusher-vs-the-world-nvidia-and-steam/
>SP trash-talks NVIDIA, then begs them for a Titan XP for his new patreon funded gaming PC.
>What games our paragon of licensing warezed?

08:54 I’m grateful for the amount of times I’ve received some hardware from NV
08:54 but I am still going to be unbiased
08:54 my opinion is not for sale

00:49 the only reason I am less vitriolic on nvidia nowadays is that they sent em a GPU
00:49 me a GPU*

05:05 tekken 7 has a CPY rls
05:05 yeah but you can’t play online I believe
05:05 with thewarez versions
05:05 yeah I’ve had the warez version for a long time

wasn't he just crying about some hardware company using his software but he has no problems pirating other people's software?

It's okay.
But due to the gimped AVX units on Ryzen you'd still be better off with Intel when it comes to emulation.

Yep.

It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And I also had it yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Yes, it's unheard of that someone involved in the emulation scene is a pirate.

How much CPU frequency is required for a steady optimal frame rate for say, Breath of the Wild on cemu? What about RPCS3 in general?

I want to upgrade my CPU soon and I want to get into emulation. Is there a comprehensive guide that covers this?

Get an i5-7600K and overclock it as high as you can. That's it.

While pretending to have moral agency, what a douche

I was planning on the 8600k actually, but someone on /g/ is telling me a 1600/8400 at 4GHz will be good enough for most, and that a Ryzen 1600x will beat a 8600x.

Educate me, I'm confused. Is Ryzen actually better than Intel for emulation?

>8600x
meant 8600k*

>I was planning on the 8600k actually
Pretty much the same thing. Both will handle any kind of emulation you throw at it. Hell, my 3 year old [email protected] can run botw at full speed without fps patches.

Ryzen is worse than Intel for emulation (lower single core performance) but if you're on a budget it will do the job.

tldr if you have more money to spend get a 8600k, if you don't get an 8400 or ryzen

Ok thanks. Are there any worthwhile or comprehensive benchmarks worth checking out? I'm interested in cemu and rpcs3.

What are the best emulators on Android?

Emulation doesn't utilize multiple cores?

>tfw everytime I emulate something the CPU temperature goes up to 75-80 C or more
I don't know what's the problem honestly, all the other parts are running at normal temperatures, the fan is working, I guess I'll have to change the thermal paste.

Get a Noctua

RPCS3 uses all cores so Ryzen is better than Intel. It's worse for Cemu since that only uses a single core, so clock speed matters more.

Anyway, I've been able to play BotW comfortably with a 1600 at stock speed and haven't had major framedrops outside towns. One thing though, shader cache matters a lot for performance so you'll benefit from a lot of RAM (16 GB+) at high speed (2933 MHz+) with Ryzen.

BotW is Cemu's most demanding game so you should be alright with Ryzen for every other Wii U game anyway.

I'd rather spend money on a new CPU, I'm getting tired of this A4-4000.

Too bad I don't have money.

Thanks. I guess Intel's really starting to lose ground.

>Too bad I don't have money.

But I'm from Europe.

No one cares. And fix your broken English by learning how to use indefinite articles.

An individual pirating for personal use is far more moral than a company ignoring licenses for profit you douche. That's a big logical fallacy anyhow to think that because he has pirated before that all of his arguments against companies ignoring licenses are invalid.

But he's going to do the same?

we start our own company; we make our own FPGA box, our own low-cost ARM Linux box
< hunterk> we at least have the infrastructure to not ship with noncomm cores
< hunterk> we just need to make sure we don't advertise those cores as being part of the commercial product
and BTW - after 7+ years of being exploited
we will no longer deny ourselves money
I’ve been sitting on the sidelines taking it up the ass for far too many years
what I mean is - we are going to sell our own hardware

just because you write shit and attribute it to random person doesnt make it true.

we have seen other fake attributions made in the past.

this is becoming a full on harrassment / discrediting campaign. as for your ‘piracy shit’ - every single jackass here (including dev) knows exactly what their own predisposition on that is, otherwise you wouldnt use this stuff.

also, if he were to deny your claims by showing you he actually bought that game, hence making your claims here a lie, you would just counter and claim he bought it with patreonbux. you cant even get your story straight - what is it - is he pirating games or is he using your patreonbux to buy games? get your own narrative straight loser

and btw who gives a fucking shit? mods please bsn this curry smelling fucking loser already. even reddit managed to do that for their own good. or does hiroshima and his merry band of scamming mods just dont give a shit? maybe time to bail out of this stupid thread then where nothing of significance gets discussed anymore.

>this is becoming a full on harrassment / discrediting campaign
It has been since day one phamalam, check the archives from like a year or so, it's the same guy/group of people. The one with the broken English, soem call him Pajeet

1) this is none of your business

2) retrofreak is highly overrated and not really all that significant. And the plan honestly is to get rid of it soon.

3) this is unrelated to the subject matter at hand, once again you seem to have this ardent desire to turn this thread toxic and trying to bait me into letting it become so.

4) I don't wish to talk about this anymore, and I saw you in the past quoting some thread by byuu which contained many outright fabrications and lies about me. After I talked to maister and he managed to convince byuu that he was wrong about me, he pulled the article, but the fact you wanted to get some lynch mob going portrays enough about you I think. I don't deserve to have these lynchmob tactics pulled on me based on halftruths and lies. You are a negative presence that wants to do active harm and damage to the project, and to its lead author as well. I can not assume good faith when talking to you, and that is very unfortunate coming from a guy whom is biting the hand that feeds him.

This is my last response to you on this matter. You are once again bringing negativity and toxicity to a thread that is calling for none of it, and I won't let you purposefully bait me this time. Good day Sir, and if you dislike the cores so much ,feel free not to use them.

BTW, hopefully mods see this time that again certain of the usual suspects keep taking things in this direction, constantly.

>SP fucks something, SP change nick, SP pretends that was not him. SP never learns anything.
17:51 -!- Twinaphex has joined #retroarch
17:51 -!- mode/#retroarch (+o Twinaphex) by ChanServ
18:00 -!- Twinaphex is now known as DanteAlighieri
18:01 -!- DanteAlighieri is now known as DanteAlighieri64

It's quite situational, but sure.
Media editing and encoding, for example, has always favoured parallel processing. Because there's just so little overhead due to zero need for sync.

Intel hasn't actually improved that much at all in the past 5 years compared to beforehand. Probably because they've been working on their integrated graphics' strength, which has come a long way.

In that time, AMD has finally caught up to, and arguably passed, Ivy bridge single threaded performance.
Combined with the fact that Ivy can still run practically everything without being a bottleneck and AMD having more cores for multithreaded tasks, they've actually got some use outside of professional media editing and poorfag APUs.
Which is great for them considering Intel's iGPUs are actually usable now for regular gaming above console level. And because shortly after Ryzen's release Intel announced their next core lineup would all have 6+ cores.

Rather than Intel losing ground, it's like they're pushing each other to actually progress. Like competition is supposed to. Finally.

But when are the prices going to be lowered

He has changed his nick in the past before.

You are really not all that important. Get a life and grow up.

This is why I don't visit or post on emugen much anymore. You guys are so obsessed about Squarepusher and talk about him non-stop to the point where it has become tiring. He's not even really that bad, just somewhat eccentric like many other devs in the emu scene, so it's not even really that interesting.

I'm pretty sure this obession stems from the fact he's posted here openly in the past and pissed off some autists around here who have declared him their mortal enemy.

t.Squarepusher

>He's not even really that bad,

That's another thing. You defend someone in any way, shape or form, then you are that person, according to emugen.

byuu exaggerated some of that stuff. byuu thinks SP was doing more than he actually was.

He did none of that, which is why he got convinced by Themaister to retract that entire article. It was a misunderstanding on his part.

So the entire rpcs3 countdown thing was just fake hype for shekels

It was overhype.
I expected some big new feature but instead we got small advancements in running big exclusives.

They did this shit in the past countless times as well tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

I wouldn't call them small but certainly not impressive enough to get a countdown, should have just been a regular progress report.

Not in the near future.

That feeling when winning a duel 3 different ways at once. Using one of the weakest starting cards, reclassed to the opponent's type using one of the cheapest deck cost card there is.
Overkill direct attack, closed in positions which would force surrender, and the last turn means I'd win anyway from LP difference.

Such a good game.

bump

byuu should be happy SP doesn't sue him

why is it only open source developers that engage in childish behavior and not closed source?

Because all the spergs think "open source is vogue". It is a fashion statement nothing more
Watch them throw a hissy fit if you dare change their code.
Say what you want about Cemu's dontion stuff. But don't see the lead dev having sperging matches over twitter reddit and /emugen/

Is there a good index of ppsspp texture mods?

Nope, this is as good as you'll get AFAIK:
forums.ppsspp.org/search.php?action=results&sid=65627ef5f8b5e168d1ea6ebb616f41f5&sortby=lastpost&order=desc
google.com/search?q=ppsspp texture mods
There aren't many.

Damn that sucks
Is there any way to use the vita pspemu plugins to enable dual stick support in ppsspp?

There are hacks to do that for GTA:VCS\LCS and a few other games.
Shouldn't be hard to find them on the ppsspp forum.

all in the past kiddo, let it go.

>Frozen references
>in 2017

you have to go back, kiddo

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Need_Games?

>The best way to get games is often directly from the media or hardware itself, but even this is illegal in certain jurisdictions. See Ripping Games for more details.
>Ninja Lawyers prevent us from saying any more, sorry!

RIP

It's dead, Jim

two important questions.

My ps2 controller usb adapter has an issue. It won't register a button press unless pushed 100% down which means its horribly unresponsive. Ps2 controllers are supposed to be analog. im wondering if this is a driver issue or if the little blue usb adapter i bought off amazon is just a piece of shit.

Another question is should I set maximum pre-rendered frames to 1 in nvidia control panel to minimize input latency?

Do you have to post this every thread?
Links are still on the wiki with easy access. It's all good there. Deal with it.

It does suck that half the secondary sites have so much shit removed. But the main ones are still alive. And there's always torrents.

I went and downloaded all of the most recent No-Intro on the main archive just in case.
7z says the N64 portion's CRC failed no matter what, redownloaded and everything. I'll probably get another one of those elsewhere. But all the games I extracted from it pass hash checks so I don't understand what part broke and don't care.
Now on to disc games. This is going to be a pain.

I still don't get it
That page was removed for "muh legalities"
But the contents were moved to another page that is still linked in the index
What was the point?

>Ps2 controllers are supposed to be analog
Very few adapters and software actually work with that though.
I think SCP was designed for "Play.com's adapter" or something like that, but I've never seen it and googling only returns the main SCP thread on PCSX2's forum. But as far as I know that's the only way to pass analog button input from dualshock 2/3 to, well, anything.

It also may be possible your controller is a cheap third party or clone one with no analog buttons to begin with. But you'd probably notice that before buying an adapter to it.

Are you sure it was legal issues? Looks like a joke to make people shitpost about it to me.
Regardless, doing that does make it compliant with any DCMA request against the page. So legally it should be hilariously fine.

Some reddit subs directly link the Need Games? page, so this was all just to fuck with them.

i dont even want analog, just a controller that registers a press at less than 100%

They'll just link to the new page Einstein

No shit.
I didn't do it, I'm just reporting the facts.

so.. analog?
duh

Downloaded new revision of retroarch and now I have this. And it says config directory is not set.

Hey boys, I'm getting breasts of the wild to work for my pc on with old CEMU. When I load Zelda though It only loads 800 shader cache, even though it's a 9k shader cache, I don't have anything else in the folder other than the cache so it should only load that, but for some reason it's not.

I'm also a retard.

working as intended

>downloaded retroarch
found your problem

Well it worked before. And guess what I did with a previous folder? I just want to play ps1 games with mednafen without horrible mednafen gui goddamit.

No. He wants the deadzone set below near 100%. His problem is that it only detects AT ALL when fully pressed. And he is okay with even partial presses inputting 100%.

Check if shader filename and game id (in cemu's title bar) are exactly the same

your paths are setup incorrectly.

come to retroarch discord for help, people in here are useless.

Yep, just checked both are called dcac9927.

you're really retarded, you know that?
like, your brain is so insanely defective and incapable of independent thought that NOT ONCE during this process did you think "hmmm I wonder if these two folders are used for anything" or "maybe I should google a guide or something"

Wait, no. It changed back to what is in the . I'll change that back to that.

EDIT: It didn't change anything

>And guess what I did with a previous folder?
Backed it up before trying to update anything, I would seriously hope.
Put the file into the transferable folder. I'll upload my 8.7k cache if you tell me a site to do so without any account.

Why aren't you just downloading the nightly exe builds and put them in your old RA folder? Do you like making a new config every time you update?

Wow, that's rude. You made me cry.

All good friend, I replaced the transferable folder thanks to the other anons aggressive teaching style. There's 8.6k In this one, so would that extra 1k be worth it?

Jokes on you, I deleted it because reasons.
I was memed into retroarh here, used mednafen before, so yeah I may do some stupid things.

>There's 8.6k In this one, so would that extra 1k be worth it?
>8700-8600=1000
>MFW
An extra 100 shouldn't make much difference, but it's only ~7MB 7z since it compresses so well.