/tf2g/ - Team Fortress 2 General:

Gibus Edition

"Upgrade our Gibuses"

Previous thread: Jungle Inferno Update
teamfortress.com/jungleinferno/

>Comp Interest Form
Please take a look at this if you are interested in playing for a competitive team
docs.google.com/forms/d/1echsLr9cfqxy5vZ63yWX7TjSLlXfwUY8PcK7HdUN9Ss/viewform?edit_requested=true

>Newbie Mix
teamfortress.tv/44874/s27-newbie-mix-team-drive

Reminder to sign up for this if you're interested in getting into competitive. There will be a community drive to pay for league fees for those of you who are going through school and can't really afford to drop $30 on league fees, you'll have a mentor to help guide you through, and you'll directly contribute to bringing back IM.

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn (embed)
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz (embed)
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf | steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Sites
scrap.tf | tf2outpost.com | backpack.tf | bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf | trade.tf
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ
pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (AS): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>List of good Community servers
teamfortress.tv/servers

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g

>Discord
discord.gg/UqDzRby

>Mixes Discord
pottisdefenseforce.com/

hi

bye

oyasumi

おはよ ございます

o genki desuka?

>everyone having fun
>bunny wonders why everyone is having fun but him

Does anyone fat scout?

Dont give this thead any attention

eat shit this thread was made first

here's a schematic for ya

What contract are you guys stuck on?
>Flare Gun assists don't count
Bullshit.

Yeah, black box was probably the way to go, because back shatter would just be awful.

How do you enter the secret santa on scrap.tf?

Check the website. I think you need an account on it.

The Pyro's recent damage buff has certainly fudged a great deal of gameplay for other classes. Probably the best counters for the Pyro is the Sniper now. A good loadout for Pyro is the:
The Machina which fully charged can almost kill a fully healed Pyro with a body shot and can obliterate any class with a headshot. Obviously, body shots are usually the sign of an unskilled Sniper, but if you are Pyro hunting don't worry about looking unskilled considering you are hunting the class which requires the least skill.
The Darwin's Danger Shield. The recent stat change has made it exclusively an anti-pyro tool. Don't worry about flare spamming with this on afterburn doesn't apply to you with this on and fire damage is also reduced.
Finally The Shahanshah. Now really you could use any melee, but of the Pyro happens to get too close and has already dealt a significant amount of damage, then the Shahanshah will deal more damage than with a stock or Tribalman's Shiv.

Same as you. This used to be easy, I have gotten plenty of flarestreaks before, but now that flame particles shred enemies in 0.1 seconds and airblasts push them 10,000 hammer units away it's really annoying to land finishing flares.

I was a dum dum and picked tge phlog and now I'm stuck on the mmph kills and need to get like 20 more it's BAD.

Do you just charge up the meter and get the kills with the crits?

deadline's already closed

what do I change

chonge you are skinn

The shotgun doesn't match, but the Pomson is terrible even though it would fit better.

One more early advertisement

/tf2g/ Mixes is back again!! Come play competitive pickup games with /tf2g/ this Saturday (today) @ 9:30 PM EST (6:30 PST)

I'll be taking over while Mikes fixes his computer.

>What is it
We make teams out of whoever shows up, with the format determined by how many gamers we get. One week it was 4v4. The next it was 7v7 ProLander. Noone gets fatkidded. If there's an odd # I'll sit out.

>How do I join
pottisdefenseforce.com
EngIo's letting us use his discord. Just get in the Mixes channel a bit before the scheduled time for the connection info.

>B-but I suck
While there are a couple people here who are actually good, most of the people who show up suck about as much as you do. We're here to meme and have fun, and introduce competitive tf2 to people who don't normally play it. Don't worry about it.

what's the eta for someone lazy like me

second line

so whats the eta

redpill me on new casual ranks

why the fuck are there 0 data mining lights on the entirety of backpack.tf

If you were huntin trouble lad, you found it.

But I've never played comp before.

I'll let everyone down.

Has anyone seen hackusations on DeGroot Keep?

>play in latin american serves
>completely different meta than us servers

>"meta" in pubs

backwoods savages

>literally staring at a spy in his face
>game still gives him the backstab

valve pls let me play 2fort: ayy lmao edition

>walk past a spy facing away from me, while jumping in the air, and aiming at him
>back stabbed, and he just goes back to staring at a wall

can some one please explain the tf2 economy to me

a boiling heap of garbage and trash helped only by valve adding item grades, which added extreme amounts of artificial rarity to certain "joke" items and simultaneously killed the flair, personality and soul of items by replacing item descriptions with an entire list of what you COULD get if you just BOUGHT MORE KEYS, complete with all the colors of the rainbow.

No, you had your month long chance. And you better be glad you had that.

no
I WANT MORE

>Your reply.
Traders' reply: But, Grrrrrurrrrrrurr!!! REEEEEEEE! AUSTRALIUM! Unusual, Refined, Buds!

defend this, fags

I think we're all in the same boat with tiered crates, you double faggot

I know I'm just angry and something that happened years ago like the faggot I am

he means that items no longer have descriptions you dumb triple nigger faggot cuck

I'm sorry

i didn't want to start this

Valve got so lazy that they couldn't even be bothered to add descriptions. Even after holding an event to have the community write a bunch of items descriptions for them.

>catposting
It's much too late

>exploding pumpkins
>extra models blocking the way
>essential strategies broken
>nothing of gameplay value added
UFO 2fort was never going to succeed

But,

>2fort
>strategy
you mean building in the enemy intel?

something I don't get about the brianiac hairpiece description
The "being" shouldn't be there, right?

>When you and your medic gf sticky trap the main spawn door for the whole match

>stuck
Everyone good finished before last month

Some of us just aren't motivated to spend time in crap maps for no real loot.

>some of us are fucking gay lmao
I don't see how this excuses you from the frags you've been assigned but whatever
fucking millenials

Why are taunts worth way less than the shop's price? is there another way to get them or something? like mannrobics being traded for a some more than 1 key when in shop it is way more expensive than that
Also, I know there were taunt boxes, but some newer taunts aren't included in them and they still lose price

no they're just inflated to shit retard
like if they were anywhere near the mann co price no one would ever fucking trade them because for that price they could just buy it from the shop and get a trading card too

>buying anything from the mann co store

>reading comprehension

Why are there multiple categories for the same exact war paints in the market?

GEEL9 GEEL9 GEEL9

IM GOING TO START SHARING RAFFLE PASSWORDS.

oy vey

whats the use of a raffle password when we dont know the raffle its used for

Are you the type that goes out of your way to platinum every game you buy, even if the trophies are stupid? Being able to make judgement calls about your level of involvement in Project Mayhem is a sign of maturity, not the other way around.

Taunts are most often bought when they are new, when they're the Hot New Thing. After a time another new taunt comes out and that becomes the Hot New Thing. As people with the old taunt now attempt to get the new taunt they are willing to take a loss because they can prove how big their e-peen is. Prices for taunts that the community as a whole likes tend to stay more stable because there is still a demand for that particular taunt. Generally speaking the best taunts loop forever and go on multiple classes. There are a couple of taunts in the Director's Cut Reel that you can unbox with keys, and one or two taunts in the drop system iirc, but for taunts more recent than September 14th, 2014 I could not find an alternate source.

are you the type that sucks cocks and incorrectly condescends on good players while they fellate their excuse for a life instead of committing to faith and running into the dark undercomb to be consumed by the fragging
unironically kys please

Funny how these "frag" players never post their steam ids or have ever played in a competitive environment, says a lot about how hard they are trying to show an image that doesn't exist.

frag

funny how these niggers dont understand what anonymity is
>insinuating im not invite

Citation needed on your invite status.

source: all I ever talk or think about is fragging and I main a 6s class

lol you aren't invite

i use frag unironically because i have been since early 2000, and yet i never played competitively (note: anything lower than open isn't considerable comp)
what now feg

When are finals again?

>mfw i scammed your dumb ass like 4 years ago

makes sense that you're a retard frag poster

I sincerely doubt that

alright just

okay so

i'm saying alright "just". that's his name stupid

>New steam inventory history page layout
>It shows every single fucking thing you ever did with your items, whether you found them as a drop, unlocked a crate with them in it, crafted them together and if so what you got, mentions the difference between trades and trade offers and points out failed trades
Wow
i'm not just, Just is another guy. I'm just_chilling, everyone always gets us mixed up
for you newfags that don't get it,
this is a joke

i'm talking to you, not just, i shortened your name dumbass

guess who didn't read the spoilered part of ym post

i read it

>lose stream
>seinfeld bassline plays

streak* fuck im so tilted I cant even type

>still can't play the game because of broken strange parts

what brokerneru strange partos

Nah, it's a valid construction, but i don't think that's the correct way of using it.
It should refer to a state of being and thus used to describe a person

>playing pyro
o am I laffin

you are the cancer

No, my least played class is Sniper by a significant margin as you can see. I am far from the cancer.

You're in a dead game general. I hope this game drops into the toilet like the turd it is. They keep adding retarded shit, breaks with every patch, they don't fix obvious shit cause muh casuals, doesn't listen to the community except leddit and whatever dumb platform whines the most and it just got plain boring. 75 percent of the maps suck, half or more of the classes are stupid and the matchmaking is totally retarded. I quit over a month ago and I tried playing yesterday, first game back in a month there's a retarded friendly and someone is shouting at the top of their lungs on the mic within less than 30 seconds. No thank you. This game has become a meme of itself, it had a lot of potential, but Valve fucks up again. The whole "community" is super gay as well, filled with autists and reddit soyboys who think they are internet veterans for having a ww1 soldier as their avatar. I know a few people at Valve and the nepotism, incompetence and general boot licking is horrendous. Dump this game and don't let them be able to milk the totally artificial "community" these scumbag companies inflate with excess cash from hat sales. Its unfortunate, but all too obvious. I had to uninstall today because it was wasting space on my HDD for better games. This and the mess PUBG has become has pretty much turned me off of online only games. Destiny 2 might be for babbies but at least the community is nice and the game has a nice balance between solo and multiplayer content. DON'T SUPPORT THIS KIND OF SHIT AND YOU WILL GET A BETTER PRODUCT. So many retards keep buying these dumb cosmetics and crates and every major game release has less and less content and more and more incompetent, petty bullshit.

Fuck this game. Its dead in the water. Every other game is filled with retards, mexicans, hackers or griefers.

yeah sniper is way more cancerous but pyro is definitely up there desu ne
also did some retard fraglet actually expect me to read that wall of text

You're in a dead game general. I hope this game drops into the toilet like the turd it is. They keep adding retarded shit, breaks with every patch, they don't fix obvious shit cause muh casuals, doesn't listen to the community except leddit and whatever dumb platform whines the most and it just got plain boring. 75 percent of the maps suck, half or more of the classes are stupid and the matchmaking is totally retarded. I quit over a month ago and I tried playing yesterday, first game back in a month there's a retarded friendly and someone is shouting at the top of their lungs on the mic within less than 30 seconds. No thank you. This game has become a meme of itself, it had a lot of potential, but Valve fucks up again. The whole "community" is super gay as well, filled with autists and reddit soyboys who think they are internet veterans for having a ww1 soldier as their avatar. I know a few people at Valve and the nepotism, incompetence and general boot licking is horrendous. Dump this game and don't let them be able to milk the totally artificial "community" these scumbag companies inflate with excess cash from hat sales. Its unfortunate, but all too obvious. I had to uninstall today because it was wasting space on my HDD for better games. This and the mess PUBG has become has pretty much turned me off of online only games. Destiny 2 might be for babbies but at least the community is nice and the game has a nice balance between solo and multiplayer content. DON'T SUPPORT THIS KIND OF SHIT AND YOU WILL GET A BETTER PRODUCT. So many retards keep buying these dumb cosmetics and crates and every major game release has less and less content and more and more incompetent, petty bullshit.

Fuck this game. Its dead in the water. Every other game is filled with retards, mexicans, hackers or griefers.

only brainlets type "bullshit" tbqh