/lhg/ - Light's Hope General

Drow Ranger Edition

Light's Hope is a Vanilla WoW Private Server, it's the new and improved version of Elysium, they cut out the corrupt owners and rebranded. New realmlist, same worldsave.

Open realmlist.wtf and Set realmlist logon.lightshope.org

>Server info
twitter.com/LightsHopeWoW
LH Discord (discordapp.com/invite/mraKxcU)
(lightshope.org/)

>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org

>Addons pack (some out of date like KLH Threat Meter)
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

>Leveling Guide (specs unreliable for some classes use at own risk, play what you want or ask in the thread for more info):
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>Download the client without torrent (direct download):
mega.nz/#!e4cjFT5L!7VvX-yAlJ87KdU-6BNQVlhoYY5_YdnYW3WezYsVrYgI

>Raid/char/item drop info:
realmplayers.com/

>WoD models (place MPQ in data, rename file to patch-3.mpq)
mediafire.com/file/v107ncj1j27x85x/patch-3.mpq

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/laytya/SpamThrottle
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

RIP in pieces /evg/
the shitposting was good while it lasted

come to nighthaven white man

As someone new to private servers, I've been bouncing all over the place looking for a server to call home. I want to play Horde and I want a NA guild. Where do I go?

come home to night's haven, white man.

Wow such a high pop server :)

LH is the server the overwhelming number of people play. Every other server is a shill server.

Lightbringer is the big fish server. Anathema/Darrowshire on LH wouldn't be half the size of Nighthaven even if they merged.

people make it sound like the PvE servers are dead on LH but I've been playing there the past weeks and even darrowshire horde population is fine, at least for the levelling experience.

>PvE

desu i'd rather play on the least chinky server, so Nighthaven it is. could give a shit about a potential corrupt GM situation.

Holy shit AV is such an awful battleground.

github.com/laytya/SpamThrottle

>all the starting zones are completely dead if you ignore the rampant chinamen and russian botting on both LH and nighthaven
>b-but h-high pop
>blizz-like 10000
>/who full of gibberish and foreign names
>took 4 hours last night to form a VC group on LH
sad. to think that nighthaven barely launched with 500 people and died completely short after, even with bots inflating the numbers, and now it's suddenly in the thousands, supposedly.

With the number of people putting the WoD character models into their private server clients I take it most people here would support Blizzard offering the new character models as a client-side toggle for official classic servers?

blizzard would add in the new animations along with the new models, completely missing the point

guys im stuck. im a casual that just wants to raid. nighthaven or chinks hope?

are you a horde guild with english speakers or just shilling?

of course, the private server community loves the new models!

bros... will I get banned on light's hope for using the updated wod models? I don't want to play with the old blocky graphics.

Madti / today at
>the only good thing about my #numbers having changed

pm me Madti#0451

Why are you lying?

Imagine being a faggot who lies about server on a anonymous chinese cartoon image board, how fucking sad is that?

After this everyst drama I actually did roll on nighthaven and I saw this bullshit.

These look like "white man" to you? This isn't even all of them.

How viable is it to take smithing just buying materials from AH if you don't have alts/friends to give you shitloads of gold?

>being so red pilled you bind perception before frostbolt

frostbolt is at level 4 dude, way to deflect from my actual point that nighthaven is a trash server full of bots and has the exact same problems as chinks hope on a smaller scale

It's steadman what do you expect? Same guy who wiped a guild deadmines group on purpose then ragequit because he didnt win a roll on a shield, as a paladin..

>Only one person could have issues with shenna and crogges money bank

ok ivan

slavs are white

but they aren't /pol/ white

meanwhile every server that isn't nighthaven or lightbringer has the problem of being dead

I don't consider Russians, Chinese, or bots as actual population so those servers are pretty dead.

he's some retard

What do you expect man? Valkyrie has gone back to their pre-nostcode roots of being a russian server.
Might as well cater to the guys who were happy to play on the server back when they openly sold gold and items.

>What do you expect man?
A server with fucking english speaking people on it leveling instead of bored level 60's trying to get people to join their pyramid scheme

Apparently this is impossible

what about Americans, are we white?

>all real, breathing people
>no bots or cheaters
admit it, if they added in 500 bots every 2 hours like nighthaven did at their launch, you'd all be here.

who cares if there's bots, light's haven and night's hope servers feel alive just like Nostalrius.

player number is rising . Join us on the chinamen free server

not /pol/ white no one but hitler's clone would be

>Who cares if there's bots
>Try to do quest, especially any involving rare spawns
>Legion of 5 mages with extremely similar gibberish names kills everything instead
>Try to level professions to get a leg up because this is vanillia and some classes genuinely become way more effective at low/mid levels with some profession items
>Every single node is on lockdown
>Try to get a party going to help me with the content, no response in /1
>Finally manage to get my quest done after taking 5x as long as I should've, come back to town to realize bored players have killed every NPC and are now camping their bodies, nobody tries to help and all players that run near the area just walk into the enemy players and die
>Check /who, realize literally the entire zone except for me and 2 other people are bots
>Realize I was a bot all along

Darrowshire bros where you at?
>Horde or Ally?
>Class
>Race
>What are you farming/doing?

only the whitest of the white feast on premium cuisine, not mcdonald's burgers

ignore this troll post

/pol/'s mostly non-whites. lots of mixed kids.

>post yfw you realize all the freshcucks were actually darrowshitters

lightbringer down?

I can't get in

>disconnect from game
>weird but it happens on occasion
>log back in
>goes to server select
>characters(3)
>I only have 2 characters

what is darrowshire's population balance?

>when it's never been about supremacy

I miss you

literally who

email me when the server is up

sent

I'm not who you think, wrath baby

horde min maxers play orc, not troll

Gears - Today at 3:22 AM
@everyone 11 players were given temporary suspensions for spawning the cleaner on the benediction quest. This is against our terms of use, and explicitly set out in those terms which you agree to by creating an account and playing here. You can read them on the forum. 11 players in 1 hour is more than 1 every 6 minutes. If you have no business being in the quest area while priests are attempting it, do not go near the zone.(edited)

then why do they even bother having the cleaner in the game in the first place

is lightbringer...............
................................down?

do you smoke weed dude?

Alexsensual got his eye two days ago, im guessing that was because of him.

basically all this faggotry makes dumb fucks spew that lights hope and nighthaven are fucking high pop servers and everyst was doa but in truth they arent really that far apart in real player count. well now they fucking are seeing as everyst is at like 100 pop or some shit.
all vanilla servers are bot mining trash scams and blizzard fucking won again.

>starting zones alive with real players compared to retail starter zones being almost always dead
>server so populated that nobody can bot past level 15 without getting caught and reported since you are bound to run into people in even the most secluded areas
>/who and see that less than 20% actually have foreign names and even the foreigners can usually regurgitate fine english
>inviting nearby people for kill/bounty quests always works out fine as long as they aren't an autistic speedrunner playing (male) troll hunter
MUH CHINABOT BOOGEYMAN

sup wreathe :)

Question on a situation everyone's been trough:

You are killing mobs for a quest item, and another player of your faction os competing with you. He overpulled a bit and it's dying. In this situation do you:

1) Help him out.

2) Let him die so you get less competition for a while

3) Not only let him die but /laugh and shit.

>being so bored you have to grief the voice of the legacy movement

>Report bots
>Nothing happens because they're giving the devs money under the table

If I'm playing druid I will 1 other druids

otherwise 3

Is it fucking back up yet??

ffs

Alliance. Warlock. Human. Grinding a little and starting Alchemy slowly for my guild's efforts.

Leveling on lights hope is too much of a fucking chore and I'm constantly tripping off someone else.
What's a good server that's not as full? I heard darrowshire and nighthaven are alright with decent pop sizes. Anyone play on those and can confirm? Also how's the faction balance on each?

Well this is distressing.

Official logo

this server fucking sucks

>Be on the discord
>Suddenly realize I can't chat on any of the chat rooms
>Looks myself up, discover I'm in the "Banished" role

WTF? What should I do? I don't remember saying or doing anything wrong.

Horde's a bit fucked if you asked me, go alliance.

>report bots and janitor investigates
>turns out it wasnt a bot and you were just being a bitch about somebody killing mobs you needed

What do you guys do during server downtime?

I play on Darrowshire and you can definitely finish quests no problem. Even if some quest mobs are contested people are not being dicks to each other was my experience. Might feel a bit dead when you're used to Lightbringer but there's a good 1.3k people online.

How's the alliance/horde ratio?

if I'm grinding I'm not going to stop pressing buttons
probably #2, but if there are no visible quest mobs then #1

That sounds comfy as hell.

go to bed, goodfat

But it's 2:30pm.

What the fuck, man. They need a pop. cap on this server or something.

get used to it, freshcucks
you could be 60 already if you didn't fall for the evershit meme

they dont even need a pop cap, they just need to block china and maybe south america for good measure

Server still kill? ETA on when it'll be up again?

I'm sure the group of mages with extremely similar gibberish names that don't respond to anything anyone says and one of which ended up getting killed idling in a campfire were real players

>Do not safespot, AFK, or force-close your client during battlegrounds.

What is this stupid fucking rule on everyst

If you have to quit you can't leave?

you type /afk, retard

It's to prevent chinks hope problem of chinese players idling in battlegrounds soaking up honor while they multibox

I just mean the "force-close your client" part. Does it leave you in the battleground if you don't close it properly?

your character can get stuck in the game for up to 15 minutes