/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/936995870892892160
youtube.com/watch?v=WczkCFJFEME
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Should change the text in the pic to Steve mains

Geese is destroying my fingers worse than Jin ever could

STAHP SWAYIIIIIINGG

We used this pic not that long ago
Who keeps putting this manchild on the OP?

That's 2D characters in a nutshell. Few moves, but if you want to do three punches you have to perform at least ten half-circles.

-guh

What am I supposed to be doing with Akuma in neutral?
What exactly makes people say his execution is so difficult?
What is the best use of meter?

Watch good players use Akuma
His combos
Watch good players use Akuma

yes but I don't understand when to press button

If you dont know how to play the game at all then learn it through simpler characters

akuma has hard combo execution. tight timing on demon flip 4s and b1s in combos

I never want to hear any of you call raging storm input hard again. You don't even have to try and do a real pretzel, kek.

So are there any gifs of top players actually landing a death combo on Geese's stage yet?

The stage gets picked once every 10000 Forgotten Realms so I doubt it

double half circle back df has been the raging storm Mexican especial for tens of years.

twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/936995870892892160
jun literally confirmed for t8

Finally got enough time to dick around with Geese.

2,f1,qcb4, Wall Splat, 2, f1, qcb4 is like 73 guaranteed damage with no meter. 93, if you're lucky and get the OTG grab.

1, qcb1 is an interesting natural combo. Not sure the use of it.

also, I don't remember df4 being in the movelist

i'm hyped.

>1, qcb1 is an interesting natural combo. Not sure the use of it.
It's one of his i10 punishers

my issue is the same with everyone. I get stuck up in jabs and can never press anything. I try to sidestep but still get stuffed. I'm very beginner level obviously.

Geese is fun but it just doesnt feel right

just keep playing, and keep practicing

Tekken isn't a game where someone can tell you what to do to always beat something. It's a game made of very specific situations.
Get more comfortable with the system, USE PRACTICE MODE and lab things that you're having difficulties with. Explore the system, basically.

You still have to half circle back, even if the input is lenient. I play on stick so my issue with it is not that it's a hard input (might be for pad or KB players tho), it's that inputting all those commands is slow and I don't know when to use the move.

oh and f4 has some insane fucking reach and pushes the other guy back a bit

and you sway back a bit when you press 1+2. Gotta test that out

Speed is not an issue when the whole point of the move is to buffer it inside another one.
Cuckbox user here. Personally I do 2 half circles because doing half circles is extremely quick on hitbox: f,d,b f,d,b 1+2 and I'm done

So now that he's been out a couple days, what are your thoughts on Geese so far?

Fun to play, fun to lab. For me atleast.

He follows a different system than other characters, that's why he came off as being weak at first.
I think he's plenty strong in the hands of someone who labbed him well. I especially like how his cancels are useful even on block, as they lead to a 50/50

He won that set though didn't he? I first saw it on a rage compilation and his win count seemed to be going up despite him getting progressively angrier.

>
He did lose a couple. Mostly the promo matches.

Yes but he lost his promo match and his dignity

73 is pretty meh on the wall though, but with Meter it goes to good to fucking amazing.

Also should I just resign myself to a loss in an infinite stage?

Why is TMM so fucking garbage with Heihachi?

What the fuck is the use for Geese's Df34?

does this general like ARIS

>Also should I just resign myself to a loss in an infinite stage?
Just turtle like a madman. Geese has a really good backdash

fish for the 2 follow up at the wall by spamming the 3 follow up that's +1 on block.

Honestly, Infinite stage means you just have to fight longer rounds. The ultimate goal of every round isn't winning, Its not losing.

He made a lot of really good guides and has helped me immensely. On top of that he's a lot more entertaining than the average streamer and also comes off as a fairly intelligent person, unlike TheMainManSWAY.

That said, he's absolutely trash at this game

>Genbu
>Trash

lol

TMM would body everyone in /tekgen/.

>comes off as a fairly intelligent person, unlike TheMainManSWAY

And the TheMainMan is law student, while Aris is a fat stoner Hagrid cosplayer. really makes you think

>ignoring that he's been playing tekken since fucking forever

Just wanted to say thanks to the user who said I should give shaheen a try when I asked whether is should main paul or dragunov. He's fun as fuck and I've actually been winning online :^)

man this game is infuriating

>the TheMainMan is law student
He started recently and he's in his 30s. He also throws a tantrum when he's losing and refuses to lab characters.

Still good

So what?

How fast is akumas shoryuken?

So the point was he's trash

>Genbu
>Trash

lol

Well, after months of owning this game, I've finally won my first online match. I still feel very very uncomfortable online, and there's that whole army of fucking Steves in my shit trench low stats zone that I can't get by, but one couldn't block / parry lows. I finally got one..

>his DJ ranked sessions
>good

lel

Are you saying he should be higher? He said himself he's rusty and that he's mostly playing for fun

Learn how the game works, not how to win easily.

are you for real? it took you this long to beat some beginner/kyu shitter? have you just never gone online or what? i'm pretty sure you could win a few games in kyu easily by mashing

On infinite stages you still have qcb1+2 mixups

I think I'm gonna pick up Paul, but with one exception. No deathfist/demoman unless it's in a combo. I'll be the most honest player ever.

>Geese has a Jin F4 that also launches on CH

Found my sub character

i hope this post is a joke lol

Deathfist is a great whiff punisher though

use deathfist as a whiff punish

>Lars optimal playstyle is turtling like a bitch while fishing with df1, throwing out ff1+2 and looking for sidestep f1+2 while occasionally throwing out a db4 or orbital
>i can feel the rage when people fight me
sorry bro, this character is gimped as fuck and this is the only way to win

You mean 4, not f4 right?

That wasn't an easy win at all, I just got lucky and outranged him with spam of lows. I'm reading and such, but nothing's really adding up. Plus I can't do combos like every-fucking-body else if I can't get a hit in.

>First get game
>Run the fuck over by Tekken Veterans smurfing and/or fighting to get out of shitter zone
>Try it again
>Not competent or comfortable enough with a character to win. Blocking is invincibility
>Depressed that I couldn't pick up the character I really wanted to learn since I'm way too fucking stupid for that many inputs for basic measures. Admit defeat.
I seldom bother going online since I'd be getting my ass opened too hard to even process the damn game, let alone learn. Despite watching videos and reading, it's not adding up to measures taken versus real people.

How can one character be so fun to use, almost all of his moves feel satisfying as af to land. this character is sick bruvs

Geese's 1+2 would be good move to use at the wall if it wasn't fucking -9

Im just picking up the game if you want someone to play with

If you're NA

Oh, forgot to mention. I'm really bad and one of those beginner shitters. Oops.

Does he say DIE FOREVER in any of his moves?

>raging storm can punish safe moves and doesn't have tiny range like yoshi flash
man this character is so fun

i agree with this guy
im a brand new player and I reached blue ranks in one afternoon, having never played fighters before in my life. you're doing something very wrong

i really don't understand. i bought this game close to launch, and without knowing how to play at all, i got to 1st dan by basically mashing

the Tekken 7 online community is nicer than any other fighting game I've played. on PS4 at least. why is that?

fuck you

Any goose bnbs?

hey man that's not nice

Tekken players unironically have a higher IQ average

I know what it's like, especially when you have new players who get to yellow in a week. Just go at your own pace. :)

SIXTY NIGGERS WHY IS THIS MOVE -3 ON BLOCK EVEN THOUGH IT PUTS THE OPPONENT ON BLOCKSTUN FUCKING HARADAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>as af

king jae guide for geese when??

>newfag

youtube.com/watch?v=WczkCFJFEME

cmon bruh

i gotchu bruv youtube.com/watch?v=WczkCFJFEME

>those graphics

sick

>50 minute basic to pro video

he's really milking this shit

thanks bruvs

He's a mighty ruler online? With who?

>yo guys what goin on
>this character has this move *misses input*
>gonna be honest bruvs i dont play this character
>this move is sick *colludes with teammate*
>this character is sick
>thanks for watching like and subscribe bruvs peace

gigas or bob probably

>mfw when I've been playing teasure battle for 2 days straight with jin in order to get his alternate costumes
>mfw when I've reach seiryu with him and still haven't gotten it

Is Akuma just a setplay gimmick character?
Whenever I face an Akuma it seems like they don't give a shit what I'm doing. They just run a flowchart of mixups. Are these guys just bad or is that Akuma?

Gigass.

just pick kat and turbo 4 over night for 2-3 nights and you'll unlock everything at 2000 matches

my face when when