T. /gsg/ - Traditional Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 2nd of December:
1845 – Manifest destiny: In a State of the Union message, U.S. President James K. Polk proposes that the United States should aggressively expand into the West.
1848 – Franz Joseph I becomes Emperor of Austria.
1851 – French President Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte overthrows the Second Republic.
1852 – Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte becomes Emperor of the French as Napoleon III.
1908 – Puyi becomes Emperor of China at the age of two.
1917 – World War I: Russia and the Central Powers sign an armistice at Brest-Litovsk, and peace talks leading to the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk begin.

# Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
CK2 DD 20/11
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1056224
EU4 DD 28/11
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1057699

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - 7 Years Mod
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

>[V2] - New Liangmod
mediafire.com/download/fm7kgwo9m83yqxu/New Liang.rar

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yQfUWxUdzCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nth for Bombermod

Fuck off shitposters and put HPM back in the OP.

Then why did your thread get banned precisely for NOT talking about games?

>tfw no early threads anymore
>almost no tripfags or e-celebs and shit anymore
is this the /gsg/ rennaissance?

Are you joking or something? Alex, an e-celeb, just made a thread war at 730 posts yesterday.

>your
but i didn't get to post in it that's why i'm asking where i can post about ksp
also probably autism. obviously a game like ksp requires you to be a lot smarter than these stupid map painting sims, and smarter people are more likely to be autistic (for proofs see all of Veeky Forums)

The rennaissance was a bad thing IRL though.

Vicky II, HPM, why is it that I can organise Ghana but only release Ashanti? Same question with Mauritania/Trarza and Benin/Dahomey

But that almost never happens anymore

Maybe more than EU4 and HoI4, but Victoria 2 is the most intellect intensive game on the market today, hence why it will never be repeated.

>beeckchoria iz dee smarblesd gaaa,.... g.. *coughs* goyme i-n da marget ..... uhhhhh.....

Except for when it just happened yesterday.

>the hoi4 playing amerimutt is back again
ah yes

so... pretty.... yaaaassss...

>start playing EU4 as a south american tribe
>conquer my neighbors, start developing my country
>Spain and Portugal start colonizing South America, but Spain is my neighbor
>after a while Spain declares war on me
>i kick his and their vassal's asses whenever they tried to take my territory
>i occupied all the territory Spain had colonized
>i get all that territory to myself when the war ends

lmfao, i loved this
next game i'm gonna try doing this with North America

based kms dropping the REAL redpills

>>start playing EU4 as a south american tribe
Stopped reading.

Well I just witnessed one of the more interesting Reformation / League Wars I've seen. The Reformation won even if it was the underdog. (Playing Castille -> Spain with Portuguese clay and Iberian Wedding clay).

> All six centers spawn within the confines of HRE. This makes it a clusterfuck of protestant, reformed and catholic states. Of course the reformation is ahead as the Emperor simply can't demand reconversions fast enough.
> This means all the major Euro powers remain catholic. Sweden: catholic. Great Britain: catholic. France: catholic. Commonwealth: catholic (well duh). My informed conclusion: reformation is doomed.

> Leagues form and war starts very quickly. However...
> Austria is not the Emperor (Brandenburg is) and stays out of the league, though catholic.
> France stays out though catholic.
> Sweden joins Protestant league though catholic.
> Commonwealth joins Protestant league though catholic. (I suppose because they hated Brandenburg).
> The British join Catholic league, but we know how well they fight wars on the Continent.

> Outcome: total win for reformation, Protestant Burgundy is now the Emperor.
> Long term consequences: Austria is mostly eaten up by Burgundy and Milan, France faces constant religious revolts.

there's literally nothing wrong with this

Let's try again, is this the place to discuss ROTK13?

Oh right and I stayed the hell out of the whole thing because I'm cheevo hunting and avoid everything that might rock my colonial empire boat.

>white people can't even understand why eu4 is good
just one of those things again, innit?

EU4 is shit and playing as meme nations is worse.

shut the FUCK up N*gger before i kick ur ass

>cheevo playing ulm satanist horse bear cat WCs innit me laddy kek wewwy bollocks
Kindly leave this thread.

there's the angst again

Who unironically enjoy CK2 here?

Me. But only for roleplaying feudal dynasties, none of the meme shit.

CK2 is the best game ever made by paradox. Everything else is absolute trash.

NICKY

white men

>netSHIT
I was enjoying the man in the high castle until they added all that teleporting between worlds bullshit. Is the average watcher so stupid they need some shitty sci-fi added just so they feel compelled to watch it?

If you aren't roleplaying like an autist and strictly powergaming you are a gigantic faggot

>roleplaying like an autist
ugh huh this nigguh get it what a white and based pos-
>and strictly powergaming

Are you just staying out of European affairs? At least fuck over The Brits a few times.

If you AREN'T roleplaying and just powergaming

just what is wrong with white men, i don't understand

Yes, I'm saying you're white and based for roleplaying but VERY black and VERY unbased for power gaming.

I fucking love Enoch Powell

Or you could just, read the post

Which Paradox game offers the most enjoyable "Poland" experience?

Release Ireland please

The old steamgroup personality or the actual guy?

The actual fella

Probably the interwar mod for DH. You could BTFO the commies and re-establish the commonwealth.

That tankie interwar mod

Based. What about Mosley?

r8 m8 no b8

Fuck off Francis
Me, have a (You)
Victoria 2 for Austria annexing Krakow memes
EU4 before CoC for feeling like the best in Europe until the Ottoman-Russian alliance fucks you in the ass.

i just realized i played hundreds of hours of various grand strategy games and i've never played as germany
what's the best game to do that in?

Release Prussia as a puppet march for better borders.

If you haven't already played them you won't enjoy it. It takes a special kind of autism to form the perfect Germany.

Cant release prussia becouse i genocided all the ethnic prussians.

Half-based
He was mates with those sauerkraut eating lot but still had some based qualities.

Are nukes worth it in HOI4?

>not liking our german cousins
Back to Normandy, Pierre.

>Papal italy
>dat russian far eastern minor

7\10

A client state then.
Not really if you don't want to play that far into the game. They are only good for faster capitulation if you are tired of lag. But if you have a shitload of them you can nuke the enemy lines for easier pushing.

>liking one of the reasons our Empire died
Get aids and die Franz

Playing german minors and trying to form germany in eu4 will be fun, dont go for hre its wayy too easy, or you can play lubeck and stay an opm and be a sneacky fucking jew and keep germany divided while using your trade leauge monis to build a colonial empire

What do you guys think is the easiest paradox game?

That was all the Yanks and our own jingoists at work. Churchill wanted war at all costs, he wanted to enter into a suicidal war against the USSR.
Had we done what Moz wanted we'd have kept our empire and ran it better.

How did you even start that game?

What do you mean?

You started as a OPM, how did you manage to get enough of a foothold to get that big? Especially considering everyone around you is far stronger than you

I would give you timeline video but i dont know how to download it, from game.

Ghana is non-monarchist Ashanti.

How do I manipulate the supply and demand status and fabricate the demand part?

>convert your horses to motorized and mountain inf to inf
>convert Interceptors to CAS
>rush armored divisions asap and mass them in belfort, you should get about 15 if you make it to '39 or later
>simultaneously, split up your marine division and put one on each southern beach province plus Bordeaux, then forget about them (also don't ally spain or the indian commune)
>attack colmar with armor and a good amount of infantry, rush belgium with your MOT
>split up your tanks and MOT as necessary for even defense behind the enemy lines, then kill everything in the pocket, which should be most of the German army
>you can win against all of Europe at once now

also support the jacobins, kill blum, and hail satan fellow totalist :)

nerds

what game is this looks like HoI2

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

eu4

read the OP image, user

oh yeah thanks ahah feel like a proper mug now

h8 this

h8 it

h8 eu4

gud 2 c tumblr cud mek it 2nite

youtube.com/watch?v=yQfUWxUdzCA

:) البداية : المملكة العربية السعودية

>(also don't ally spain or the indian commune)
wait what aren't more allies always beneficial?

>also support the jacobins, kill blum, and hail satan fellow totalist :)
>not going sorelian

t. ...

darkest hour with the mod kaiserreich

>spain
germany demands that you get out of the war if you ally them, so do it for a dissent hit or dont, then you have a 2 front war with no troops to spare for spain
>india
the commune usually ends up fighting delhi before your war starts, so that just gets you fighting canada and NF faster than you should be

>sorelian
but the world revolution is here, user. plus, Marcel Deat sounds and looks way more hitlery than Georges Valois

ahhhhh...
yes!

>dogshit SJW mod now runs your game much later rather than much earlier
We always warn people in this thread that your game will get ruined so I have no pity for you.

Of course he’s from /gsg/ he’s actually good at the game

/civ4xg/ is laughing at us
AGAIN

how long did it take you to reach that date? I've stopped playing bloatmoad because the performance is shit on my pc

In my grossEmpireoftheRomaniums game, it took about 5 hours for 100 years to pass

yeehaw

>wiz said, satisfied with his harsh takedown of General with standards. However due to his competency in programming and mechanics, he had to make DLC for the 11th time this day. He quickly ran to his working pc (in windowless moldy room covered with Dawntide spreadsheet data) in his 10x7 apartment in Scandinavistan, sat down his ADHD proof sumo chair his wife got him as a vasectomy gift and slammed his hands on the keyboard. Hardly before his meaty fingers even started sweating, his hairless cheeks opened up and filled whole room with gigantic BRAAAAP,giving him supple inspiration, creating a \bloaty, poorly implemented content DLC with minimum effort, giving Paradrones a run for their money and banning a random non-SJW manchild from the forums. Wiz sighed, and wiped mechanics code from the DLC and patched it up with quick snicker at the Steam sales. "Good enough", he thought. Little did he know that thread he originally replied to was quickly filling with comments...

My kingdom is besieged by the black death

Better than real life where they're besieged by blacks.

she has the face of a dog
and you look like a greasy ape

>Poles
What did you expect

Thats just vanilla EU4, I've had the enlightenment spawn in the Congo and Southern Ethiopia before lmao