/niohg/ - Nioh General

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt
FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#
Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DwEXyaLrCvw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is Warrior of the East a worthwhile set?
Currently on WotD, just beat UmiBozu

it's not tatenashi so no

What, is Tatenashi the only heavy armor worth using?
I'm probably just gonna use a generic chestpiece and a Yaksani magatama to stay B Agility and still have all benefits from it

How much stamina do I need to wear tatenashi full set (with around 10% weight reduction on average) at B agi?

No, plenty of other shit is perfectly usable. I have no problems clearing the abyss with full hayabusa + tatenashi boots.

the only names i know off the top of my head are oda nobunaga, and tokugawa ieyasu

I'm aware most things are perfectly viable, what I wanna know is what's gonna improve my odds in succesfully clearing the difficulty
I'm rocking Spears, if that matters, hence me using WotE set

its not that its the only heavy armor worth using, its that its so good it outshines every other heavy armor set by a big margin

also nice trips

Funnily enough I learned most of Japanese history from Samurai warriors, and started reading up on it myself.

I finally got 4 kigetsu, 5 susanoo and 3 tatenashi, but I'm kinda having trouble with Abyss when I need to clear some of the side areas. At floor 50. Using LW odachi. Is this normal or I'm fucking something up?

Farming for ogress mask smithing text for dumb as fuck onmyo build...is it worth the pain? I have +240 luck and +223 luck while using LW plus luckbringer talisman. Is it enough to spend time trying for it?

If you're using skills a lot, WotE is pretty decent.

easy to get from The Abyss

Luck doesn't help when farming smithing texts

For Ogress you need yokai item drop rate

What floor? I'm on WotD, so I can only go so far.
Thanks senpai.

Armor of the Exceptional, Shima Sakon's set is another spear set. Skill Damage beats out the CTA you get on armor because, for whatever reason, the scaling you get from armor is crap.

floor 33 or 34, they're both rather easy

It keeps happening.

Hate to break it to you, but you're a shit summon if you can't protect your host.

Hey look, my favorite level!

It was NG and he ran past the yokai trying to get to the roof and it one shot him.

>Enter boss room
>Host gets lasered
>Jump off the map!

I'm really getting tired of being summoned for this map.

Not him but,
>protecting some NG soulbaby who summons on their literal 1st run into a mission
If they don't die first I Yokai incense them to death.
Best part is finding someone afk and slowly pushing them towards enemies or of a ledge.

Why though? There are so many missions. WHY THIS ONE?

Welp, could be worse imo. Is your host drowning in that pic?

I was battling Yuki Onna and it's nice that all she'll do is that fucking grapple mid-range. I was doing good figuring out her attacks and timing for dodges but that fucking grapple. Same problem I have with every boss in this game, they have too much hp, fucktons of ki, immense tracking ala DaS2 tier dickery and honestly it just makes for some tedious ass boss battles that are unfun and just annoying to do. Was in low stance most of the time and only caught so many of the damn grapples, they're just too cheap man.

Thanks for the warning. I was concidering playing coop for a bit, but now I won't bother.
It's already been nothing but summons for ng for the past 3 days, the last thing I need is getting summoned to that mission, watching the host die to umi bozu then keep getting summoned by the same guy again.

How good are tonfas really?
People on the internet usually shit really hard on it, but my friend who started using them swears up and down by them

You can specify what mission you want to get summoned into.

They shred ki bars but are lacking in the raw damage department. Simple solution. Stack grapple damage and Out of Ki damage bonuses. Enjoy your funsticks. Your friend has good taste

Which means I will never get summoned for anything. Even if I would it would still be ng.
Now if I could specify the difficulty.

>Now if I could specify the difficulty.
Pretty sure you can.

The only good fonfa are the gun tonfa, and only if you build them correctly. With the right setup they can compete with other weapons but they aren't amazing or anything.

t. tonfa main who cleared WotN

What's the "correct build" for gunstick tonfas?
And can it be done from WotD?

You should've blocked the laser for the host.
That's really an asshole thing to do.

I swear to christ mate I am going to make yinyang tonfa work. I just have to get a set that isn't purple. I think I know where they drop but it's kind of a shit mission.

Nope. Only in yokai realm and that thing is a wasteland.

You need devastation damage star skill on the tonfa. You can get it as a rare effect from forging.
I don't have a max roll but I'm a fraction of a percent off so I don't really care. Max roll is +25% even. The +25% damage applies to the tonfa booms when used after the devastation skill while also raising the damage of the devastation skill itself.

If I wanted to change my build up (which I plan on doing eventually) I would invest less heavily in ninjutsu and drop the iga pieces from my set for a good grace set.

I got a pair of these off a random revenant, I'm wondering if they're any decent against things weak to fire like the boss I keep getting fucking summoned for.

Does the cost to change Kodama blessings ever go up? That price of 100 gold seems kind of pointless after you leave the first area.

I have to wonder what even the point is.

Nope, it's always 100 gold. It's probably symbolic or some shit.

It only costs six gold to cross the Sanzu river. They're spirits, not jews.

How do I beat this fucking faggot bird?

I can only ever deal one or two hits with tiny bits of damage before he does his monster hunter spin and it takes an hour.

I've since run out of arrows and bullets so I can't shoot his horn anymore.

use LW

break horn LW reaper lol

or block lots and poke once in a while
he has Midir hp on later difficulties so you won't burn him down without lw

>Two Heroes
My asshole is in pieces, jesus christ

Stay at mid range, throw stones.

>They're spirits, not jews.

No, Tengus are the jews.

Bricked the final boss for a lad. Feel bad for him.

What's up with all these garbage ass chinese kids I'm getting in wotn where my real american heroes at.

Am I the only who's started to mute the music and listen to Nujabes and other similar artists? Makes battle seem less hectic and more like a dance I'm in full control of. It just works.

youtube.com/watch?v=DwEXyaLrCvw

I usually let them fight Nobunaga and Kelly alone since they are both pretty easy, then I leave them with the last snake head and chill. then watch them die to a lightning strike because they have no idea what was going on the entire fight

I just need glory on this platform. Normally that's what I would do on PS4.

No the real jews are the Blacksmiths.

Fuck you I'm not giving you my entire life savings to soul match my weapon.

What's the best mission to farm tengus? I know there's one twilight mission that has one right next to a shrine, but that's not an option right now.

How the fuck is Nobunaga so easy in Demon King but every time he shows up elsewhere it's harder? Even pairing him up with another easy boss like WE WUZ makes it significantly harder.

It's working perfectly fine for me so it's definitely on your end.

>using violence at all
Fuck off with your tryhard shit until you do a pacifist run.

Because he spams a lot of shit that becomes a real problem when you need to deal with someone else who's constantly in your face.

Anybody want to run this mission with me a few times for the fuck of it? The bosses are where I got my first set of purple yin yang tonfa and I'm trying to get a green, it's free umbracite and ochoko. Just NG, so it's simple.

What is the best armor for Omnyo builds?

Is it possible to refresh revenants by quitting out? There's an NPC in Demon King Revealed whose helmet I want but he didn't drop it.

There are three sets of Onmyo Mage gear. Hunter I think has flat out damage on it. Try to get anything with unlimited onmyo over onmyo power though.

There are no onmyo mage sets, with actual set bonuses, literally just the onmyo mage armors. You can get normal armors with unlimited onmyo on them though, as far as I know.

Really maybe its a setting I need to change cause my mouse does nothing on menus/map screen

Defile the Onmyo Mage's Hunting Gear set and hope for the Onmyo grace.

Can anyone explain why you would port a game to PC and not have it mouse and keyboard compatible? This is next level jewry desu.

I don't think you really have any option beyond tsukuyomi. Omoikane can apparently dish out some insane damage, but it's probably not worth the loss of LW restoration.

Yeah. I got a full hayabusa set that way.
>kill revenant
>tp to shrine
>exit game
Rinse and repeat until you get what you want.
A kb&m patch came out a couple of days ago.

they just patched that in nigger

still inferior to controler

Pretty sure there is a mission that gives a green one as a reward cause a friend of mine made me do it last night.

Molto bene. The things I do for fashion.

Not one I have, probably. None of the missions I have give tonfa as reward, unless it's a NG+ mission, I didn't look through the rewards on all of those yet.

>Testing onmyo magic C scaling
>453 onmyo magic
>With mask on, doing 476 with single tonfa heavy attack
>With mask off, doing 466
>It gives 10 damage
Fucking rest in peace that's bad. But I'm still going to use it because fuck it. A scaling from the yin yang tonfa is hopefully better.

How exactly does weapon damage work? Why is my level 4 yellow hammer better damage than any other hammer or axe I'm finding even though I have more stam, which supposedly scales with axes better

I dont give two shits that they patched it in. If you port a game to a new system, why on gods green earth would you not make it compatible(from day 1) with that systems controls, you stupid niggers.

(thou)

> I want to find something to bitch about really badly.

Nioh has some weird as fuck bugs.

>Reach JD's office on Samurai
>Crashes when the cutscene begins
>Find a workaround by lowering resolution to 720p
>Reach the double doors before the Yokai in the tanks on Strong
>Crashes
>Lower resolution to 720p
>Still crashes
>Play in offline mode
>It works
>Reach JD's office
>Skip cutcene just fine
>Crashes when fight starts

I don't know where to begin. It's really weird how the 720p workaround worked on Samurai difficulty but now won' work on Strong difficulty.

Yeah someone did some tests with it a few threads ago. It's like 5% of your magic power as attack. It's fucking nothing. The Tonfas aren't that great.

>he thinks I'm farming for (you)s on Veeky Forums
I would just go to /pol/ if I wanted (you)s. I want an actual answer about wht a company would forget/ignore controls.

Horseshit ports are nothing new. And even before tha patch, it was perfectly playable with vjoy. If it bothers you that much just pirate the game or don't play at all.

(君は)

Why would I pirate it after I've already paid for it? Is it really too much to ask for my mouse and keyboard to work on my pc games?

>197453065
>I visit /pol/
Should've let people know earlier so they'd know not to respond to (You).

>I would just go to /pol/ if I wanted (you)s.

Why are you bitching over literally nothing unless you bought the game on release waiting for official kb/m support, stupid /pol/ poster

You're looking for the ying yang one I wouldn't have even mentioned it if it wasn't that one He's thinks they are the best ones too. Cause he's some kind of failing onmyo only trash build that dies all the time and needs my help.

I played the game on kb&m from day 1 using vjoy. If the quality of the port is that much of an issue for you, why did you even buy the game in the first place?

Wtf why are enemies that shouldn't be respawning now suddenly respawning? Was there a patch or is this a glitch?
Whatever it is I don't like it.

best missions/tips for gold farm?

>he knows/pol/ is easy to troll
>u must b a /pol/ack
Kys. You should not have to wait for your controller to have support on your system. Imagine a game came out on pc, then got ported to ps4 or xbone. But you can't use your controllers or you're gonna have a bad time. Would that not infuriate anyone playing the game?

I don't think they're the best, I just don't want to use gunsticks 24/7. I also like onmyo magic, so it wouldn't kill me to have a nice set of yin yang tonfa.

Cause only poorfags don't own a controller.

Or people that don't own consoles. You know, people that aren't generally poorfags.

Any memetastic one-shot build on Restless Spirits

Well this is a new one.

I don't own a console and I've always had a controller. Cause a lot of games are shit on kb and mouse besides fps and mmos

Yeah I had that happen to me randomly during a fight too. Not sure what causes it.

How rare is the soul matching cost reset line?

so i just finished the second dlc, and the first mission for the third one "sanadas resolve" or something actualy freezes my pc. anyone else encounter this issue or know a fix/stuff to try? everything else has been pretty good, one or two odd crashes, but this is the first major issue.

TIL you can use the cave bats to knock off asshole mobs that are following you. Easiest 2 red kills on wotn of my life.