>Nintendo direct with world & gameplay explanations
youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

>Story trailer (lots of spoilers)
youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U

>Confirmed for being merely the tip of the iceberg
twitter.com/sorayasaga/status/935149626004447232

>XB2 FAQ
pastebin.com/qaauPV2F

A lot of people got their copies already so caution is advised.

Currently testing if Perun's affinity thing s re;ated to Merc Quests.

I threw money off a ledge in Indol and got affinity for her, so I think it's shit like that

Have people found any new rare Blades that werent announced yet?

Or did the JP twitter actually show them all

Aw well, I'll do that once she's back.

Is the only thing the Thought Cloud and Idea points influence the quality of Blade you draw from crystals?
So that would make it smarter to save your crystals till those stats are higher? Or do Rare Blades always have the sames stats?

is the level 18 unique sniping brent or whatever supposed to spawn a fucking bird 4 levels higher than it or was i just unlucky? it was pretty easy until that showed up, which immediately wiped my party.

Does Tiger Tiger later stages inflate score or is it literally impossible for people that can't play the game perfectly to unlock all affinity for the robot?

>that fucking Launch animation

idk about levels higher but it can summon allies

> get Gorg on Rex
> Gorg has a Break and Launch
> Pyra has a Topple

I guess this is the part where the real fun of the combat begins. I can topple a broken enemy, switch to Gorg for the Launch and later break the enemy again before switching back to Pyra for another topple.

Also, what are some locations of easy "Super" Attack chips?

I just found one on the backside of the Inn roof in Torigoth (requires Nopon Knowledge 2 and Super STR 2, which is rather easy). The Wood Chip put my Pyra from 187 ATK to 333 ATK.

I'd like to know if later chip recipes are unlocked via Tiger Tiger or can be bought.

>can't play the game perfectly
Become proficient

THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?

I can do 20k but 50k is literally impossible for me

DON'T FORGET ME

i have gorg on rex too...But he doesnt have a break. Just launch

How do I know which skills topple?
I don't see it on Reaction

Is there any way to reroll blades? I want Finch.

Buy the season pass to get more cores.

press left stick to show art descriptions, if it has topple it will topple from break
No, get more cores from farming UMs or enemies or gold/normal chests

Oh, you're right. Nevermind, your team members still have Break applied when you're ready to switch back.

Look it up in the weapon skill description where you can upgrade weapon arts.

Where can I find the little shit that stole Roc's core crystal? I've talked to the people in Torigoth and now it doesn't display anything.

Umon's Shipyrad

This screen?
I don't see it and the buttons do nothing.

Ok so i never played Xenoblade 1 and i've put about 4 hours into 2 so far. Seems good so far, but the combat is not very interesting. You just auto, move, auto, move, auto, move, art, move

In the field you can show a basic arts description, it says it in the instructions pop up.

On that screen it literally says what the arts do.

If it says it will topple, it topples.

How do you get rex's anchor shot to topple? I have a feeling it unlocks at a story point

Not there, neither day or night.

Early chapter 3

Later in the story yes
Maybe there is a prereq, try setting it as your active quest

I'm 20 hours in and still getting tutorials for new mechanics. That's just how Xenoblade do.

It gets more advanced later, this is one of the hardest to pick up and master.

Already one that, it just says
> Complete the Quest "Stop, Thief!"

Switching quests didn't fix anything.

If I lose roughly 20 hours of progress due to a shitty bug, I'm gonna lose it.

Check the times in which it's active.

Just change time and travel 10 million years into the future

Theres no bug, you probably missed something.

Check it again, iirc you find them in umons shop, then go back to torigoth then to trade guild place.

Did you talk to the guy at the lumber place and follow the footprints?

How do Blade Combos actually work? Does it seal the effects of opponents (So they can't use knockdown abilities or something like that) as well deal massive damage + give a good buff and damage?
How do the level 4 attacks work? Is it the same, just keep on attacking and use it as a finisher or something?

Nope, there's also no quest sign for that.

One of the people you get info from should've been a dude at a farm who thinks you're playing hide or seek and he'll tell you a dude at a lumber facility knows about the kid

Handheld isn't as bad as people like it make out it is

Please god help me the /ss/ is too fucking strong right now

wrong

Does anyone know where Finch's heart event is on the battleship? I've been walking in circles there and can't find it.

what are some of the best bonuses from items and what does "increase chance of triggering blade arts" mean

How do I use the pro controller in Tabletop mode? It keeps using the input from the Joycons until I disconnect one.

This combat is too confusing

Imagine how good this game would look on a console that wasnt the power of a potato

It's easy. What are you having trouble with? Don't say "Everything"

nothing

Take the joycons off and throw them in your nearest river.

Cancelling mostly and how to use Blade combos.

well, I couldn't ask for more

but they're the speshul red ones from bing bing wahoo

Do they ever explain the magic Rex uses to alter the flow of time at his whims?

magic

Canceling is just after the animation for the attack finishes. For canceling arts like Anchor shot, that means the anchor connecting, not the follow up slash.

Blade combos just means the whole elemental system in the upper right corner of the screen. Don't worry about pulling off long combos at the start, arts charge too slow and you only have a few blades. As you get more, get use to the easy paths and when to switch in. You will get it with practice. I pull off 2 full combos in boss fights and I'm on chapter 4.

Anyone else enjoying ether cannons a lot more than you thought you would?

Talked to the dude at the farm again and the quest is fixed.

I guess it's a bug since it only happened after I accepted a quest from a Blade who wants food.

I fucking hate how your party members just keep standing in toxic waters and kill themselves. Fucking hell.

it's magic

>Game is currently sold out on Japanese, French, British, American and Spanish Amazon.
That's good I guess

Well I'm glad it's fixed for you user

Im sorry but i can't deal with x2. This fucking thing is running at 500p-700p DOCKED. Theres always those people who say "graphics over gameplay" but there has to be some kind of bare minimum. This is a 300 dollar console (it's too big and the battery is too shit to be a handheld so don't even say that), released in 2017 and im playing at a lower resolution than a wii.

I don't really give a shit if you have a giant seamless map if it looks like eye cancer. It get's so bad i can't even make out rex's face while moving. I enjoyed the game a lot until i got to torigoth and everything started looking like ass.

It gets better. The game definitely slow rolls out combat mechanics.

Is this copypasta?

I think it looks pretty alright docked. Portable mode it looks like a Gameboy Advance game though.

Yeah, I was surprised how slow combat started out, compared to xc1, it's like night and day. I remember first hour getting Chain Attack and combat just start opening up. Here I had to wait 12 hours for chain attack and for all the features to unlock. Quite the difference, but I guess they wanted to make sure people were getting the hang of elemental orbs before they threw Chain Attack at them.

No it's my opinion im sorry you can't refute it. i can accept if you like the gameplay and everything else but no one should be making excuses for this fucking resolution. It's shit and people need to call it out.

I have noticed some really bad dynamic resolution in Torigoth and other places. It's not a deal breaker for me, but it does grind on the nerves a little.

What did you expect when you bought your Switch?

Man, who the fuck programmed the AI for Nia?
In every battle she's right next to Tora.

I don't even get how orbs work or if i've even used one

You do a chain attack.
Every broken orb during the chain attack adds another round of attacks.

Where do I get the third key in the airship? I can't even kill enemies in it anymore

Orbs are the seals you get from the blade combos, break them in chain attacks to increase the duration and damage of the chain

The digitalfoundry video is coming but ive seen more knowledgeable people than me say themselves that it's running at 500p constantly during motion, it's only ever near 700p when you stand still.
I expected great looking 720p games like every other game ive played on the system? This is a failing of the game devs, not the console. You don't make a game with too grand a scale for what you are working with and then just say "fuck it, crank the resolution down" to make it work.

You work with what you have to make a decent game. This game is factually running at a lower resolution in docked mode than XB1 on the wii did.

There is no excuse for that, there just isn't. They should have just scaled the game down. It's not like 90% of torigoth isn't just nondescript grassland with mobs roaming around. You make that grassland a bit smaller or add load screens and it's the same fuckin thing i promise you.

Red things on the affinity chart. Are those always active or just when you do that level special attack? (IE : pyras prominence revolt - deals more damage to toppled enemies)

You get orbs from completing Blade Combos. You won't be getting them very easy at first. Use food that increases art regen and once you get more blades, you will have a way easier time of getting your special attacks off.

They literally didn't know what the Switch was when development started on this game.

>MUH GRAFIX
Truly the most pleb opinion

It's just for those special attacks.

resolution isn't even graphics, i don't mind the graphics, i just dont want to view them through a Vaseline lens.

Not an argument.

>MUH GRAFIX

God bless

Stop! Thief! is such a pain in the ass without him.

You're replacing Rex with the superior main character right?

I got my first two rare blades at the start of chapter 3 from common cores.
Some fat bunny lookin thing and a Vincent Valentine freakshow with a giant axe.
These are not waifus.

How do I figure out Pyra's favourite food/Poppi's favourite drink?

I-Is there no way to see the map with markers and everything without pressing 3 or more buttons to get to the fast travel screen?

>meanwhile 3 face buttons are dedicated to tutorial popups
There is nothing wrong with this game's UI

Press X, that takes you directly to the skip travel screen.

so theres genuinely no other way to just see the fucking map? why not just put the save and time button on the + button menu and have - be a map like every other game?

But then i still have to select my province and sub section, assuming ive even paid attention to what specific area im in.

Yes, there is nothing to do about that. Just make sure of where you want to go. If it was the other way, with always going to the area you are in, it would be a pain when I want to switch areas.

>be kind to the townsfolk and do a few good deeds

Does this mean just do some quests in town?

Also why are some affinity grids not letting me know what is required to unlock it.

Press in the control stick in that case. It'll pull up a map on the screen itself. You can't use that map for fast traveling though.

absolutely not user

The amount of locked paths with zero payoff on the other side is fucking retarded.

Because it requires systems that you haven't unlocked yet. Like Chain Attacking. Or it requires story locations and monsters that you haven't met yet.