/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Mute edition

TO NEWFRIENDS: DO NOT BUY THE "STARTER EDITION"!

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links
[New site under construction]
physixcat.github.io/r6gfaq/
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw
r6maps.com

>Official News
Operation White Noise releases on December 5th
TTS is currently open

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Stat Checking
r6db.com/
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

Read the OP:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8MHk0WwrzgY
twitter.com/UbisoftCanada/status/936689598457147392
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Netcode still sucks

First for Rooks getting teamkilled

First for smoke is best defender

second for IQ

why do smoke's canisters hurt the SAS when they're all wearing gas masks

for the millionth time look at the filtration on smoke's back

that gas is potent as fuck

consistency, I'm fine with it

Xth for shields being bugged beyond belief still

Seriously, fuck Rooks. They're utterly useless. Every single one just drops his bag of garbage (LOL U TAKE ONE MORE BULLET OH WAIT NOT FOR HEADSHOTS LOL U DIE ANYWAY) and then blows holes in walls that need to be blocked. Just shoot them when you spawn and the game doesn't change at all. It's literally better to be 4v5 than have a Rook on your team. Oh wait, it is 4v5 even if you have one.

you can stop worrying about grenades now

>you can stop worrying about grenades now
why?i love granades the way they are

"You are alright now, mon ami."

I've got 50mb down, 10up and my game still lags like shit.

Slagged Sledge in the last thread, got a game where I killed 3 enemy ops in the row. Continued through 2 games.

youtube.com/watch?v=8MHk0WwrzgY

You know the meme about the pipes and the internet right?
>you may have a pipe
>but the server on the other side may have a straw
>your connection will be a straw
The Ubi servers are shit.

Has there ever been an explanation as to why maps like Hereford Base or Kanal got taken out?

because they're fucking terrible?

what the fuck is with this youtuber matimio? he has pretty good content but it's fucking infuriating that literally 98% of his videos are dragged out to 10 minutes long for ads. just wait until you have 10 minutes of content or make shorter videos for fucks sake

Why are they terrible?

It better not be because of some scrub shit like "too many windows" or "limited vertcal gameplay"

Anyone who still asks this should be gassed IRL

On nearly every game on PC, I'll get like 5-to-15 ping. On the XBONE, I'll get like 50.

Have they?

>not using adblocker
>giving youtubers your viewing shekels

>"limited vertcal gameplay"
that's a legit complaint though. it's one of the many reasons why yacht and favela suck. why make a game that adds verticality through destructible floors and then make maps with no destructible floors

Everytime I die to ela i feel cheated, every time I die to that fucking scorpion it upsets me, everytime a grzmot goes off I Want to uninstall. I play blitz a lot and know when someone has emptied their mag. Ela still throws me with her fucking 50rd mag. She's so angering.

>mfw I kill Ela while affected by her shit

Will Mute ever get a whiter uniform or should my friend spring for the alpine?

Git gud

>grzmot hid in a fucking wall
>it goes off
>die cause rushed by 2 people
"git gud"

too many windows is fucking cancer. You have 0 way to counterplay that as a defender other than completely opening up the OBJ and overwatching from different rooms/floors. I'd rather have 8 breachable outside walls into an objective room than 3 windows.

i do use adblocker. no shekels have been relinquished. the fact that i have to scrub through 10 minutes of shit to find the point of the video is so obnoxious. unsubbing

Is this a new thing or something? I've been encountering it lately.

K

>Not using drones

How do I go into bandit tricking? Does it only work if I have a camera or a drone hole nearby and around which sound cue should I act?

Just listen to when Thermite places his charge and activates it or when Hibana charges start doing the hissing/drilling noise

>hid in a wall
You can fucking hide them in holes in a wall you fucking idiot

Yeah sure thing user keep making excuses for being trash

Only been playing a few days but it's happened to me and other people I've played with in casual. Also seen it happen to Recruits on attack.
Alternately: Rook gets injured, and then killed by a Twitch drone that happened to roll up.

>grzmot is above a door
>not thatcher or twitch
>die

When the Ash hit reg gets you (oc)...

follow EmpireGaming @EmpireGamingGG

So just because a map has to be played differently or that a strat can't be used on it (or is less effective) means it sucks? No, you adapt and you find out what works.

Think of it as a fighting game matchup. If my character has X tools, yet in a matchup vs. Y those tools become less effective and I have to play differently than how I normally would against any other generic characters, should Y be banned? Should I question why the developers would even put the tools in the game in the first place if they're not going to apply to specific characters?

>Pay 30 dollars to grind for playable characters
Fucking why is this a thing

>failing for the starter edition meme

i bought the full version and still have to grind, some good game you got there

Its progression, not grinding. Grinding is dlc characters/starter edition. Progression is literally being able to buy a new character from one of the base factions every other win.

>Complaining about DLC operator grind

get good with the basic operators

They are so easy and cheap to get. Its just a way of making people think they are progressing in the game. Its dumb thing to do in a game like this though.

>So just because a map has to be played differently or that a strat can't be used on it (or is less effective) means it sucks?
destruction isn't just a strategy in siege though, it's a core part of the gameplay. besides, no verticality is just a single straw in the haystack for why yacht and favela suck. you originally asked about kanal and personally i like kanal and think it has a fine amount of vertical gameplay.

hereford on the other hand is questionable for other reasons. it only has 1 inside staircase which makes it feel pretty linear and defending top floor a nightmare.

Fuck off retards. The DLC operator price is miles above what it should be, and you're the sort of people who allow it to happen

twitter.com/UbisoftCanada/status/936689598457147392

You guys up for the random op challenge?

>Allowed it to happen

i mean you can also just not play the game
or buy it

you don't need those operators, or you can just buy them.
>its free so it should just be given to me
Not to be that guy, but they didn't have to make those characters free.

i wish more games had siege's dlc model. do you have any idea how many more games i'd be playing if you could just unlock the dlc by playing the game

I bought the standard edition. And every new season I was able to outright by the the DLC operators with renown only. I have so much renown now I can buy the next 11 new operators as soon as they come out. There is a grind but it is not impossible. I have not spent a single dime on this game. I also don't buy frivolous stuff like cosmetics but I have so much renown maybe I should.

You literally get the dlc ops for free just by playing.

I enjoy Siege's unlock model all around

the base operators are great to unlock since I enjoy progress but it also has other benefits like it doesn't take a long time, it introduces the operators over time so you understand what they do, and its not an insane wall of info you have to try to learn right away

when it comes to DLC operators its nice to be able to get free DLC if you play enough or you can just buy DLC like every other game in order to get them

I absolutely love it but I know there are plenty of people that autistically screech about it

>I have not spent a single dime on this game.
what

It's clear he means that he didn't spend any money on Siege besides his initial purchase of the game.

skins cost too much tho

Besides the initial purchase. But I thought that was obvious in the context of DLC/microtransaction talk.

mp7 or m870 on bandit?

Unironically one of the most rewarding things on defense.

You'll look double stupid if you fuck it up though since Thermite's big fucking hole can kill you if you're right next to it.

>>>

mp7's more useful, m870's more fun
both are good weapons

The "too many windows" complaint is something I've read when people are talking about Kanal (I'm guessing referring to when attacking boat house you're exposing yourself to the 3rd floor, 2nd floor, and garage of the control tower building. I personally really like Kanal as well.

Hereford being linear is ok with me. That just means it plays differently from the rest. Not every map needs to accommodate every playstyle. Defending the top floor was a nightmare I agree, but I don't think it was so skewed that it warranted the map being taken out of rotation.

Sure attackers or defenders may have an easier time than the other on certain maps/objective sites, but as long as it's not horrifically skewed (similar to 10-0, 9-1, 8-2 match ups in fighting games) towards one side, I'm fine.

Don't forget with their loot pack system, just by playing normally, every once in awhile you can get a free pack.

>mfw me and a bud always pit mira windows on the garage door so I can bandit trick
>chalet, garage, mira window dead center, they have no twitch but a thatcher
>but one battery on the left side of the garage to make it look like both sides are electrified to lull them into a false sense of security
>thatcher EMPs it
>bandit trick the first exothermic charge
>they know what's up
>1 minute solid of thermite vs bandit mind gaming it
>they toss a grenade, thatcher tosses an EMP, run away and nade explodes but run back in time to start putting down my stuff
>thermite miss timed the exo and EMP so he backs off
>they throw another nade through the drone hole
>it rolls into me and me and mira run back
>not this time thermite
>run past the grenade, take 30 damage from explosives but catch thermite right after the EMP goes off and thermite sets the charge off
>zapped it right before the rectangle finished

So do we know all the maps in rotation for White Noise?

Seems stupid, goddamn kids ruining the game for "lulz".

dlc ops cost a lot of renown desu and it's only going to get worse
They should make year one 10k each when year 3 starts

Theme Park and Tower are both too big desu

>they should reduce the chances of people copping 5$ to pay for the DLC items by making an overly easy to get amount the standard for year 1
The fact that it's being offered at all in a 2 week grind pay option is enough for me to be content, 1 character is a lot of content for a game like siege

y'know what's truly terrible?

>be Bandit on TTS
>Chalet, garage, etc.
>bandit trick first thermite charge by sound alone

>I hear him trying to do it again the absolute madman
>hear odd noise as I'm planting my battery
>grizmott'd, knocked out of planting animation and thermite charge goes off killing me
>wat.jpg
>Old Ballsack shot a proximity concussion through the drone hole which interrupted planting

By all means outplay me, but don't give Grompology even more free abilities on top of already ridiculous kit.

Why with all these rook hate?Would you rather me be a Doc or an echo because you know I need that mp5 with the acog.

>play with friend
>he unlocked lesion which is fine
>but he also ublocked capitao

why would anyone ever prioritize the latter?

he only has six base operators unlocked aside from that

I get that but normies won't like it. When we have 3 seasons of dlc ops and it takes 2 weeks of a grind AT LEAST if you spend all that time playing normies will dislike that

Never noticed he got a gsw in the pic, makes it all the worthwhile

Game keeps kicking me out of squad when searching for games. How do I fix this?

>5$
???

you should spring for it user sorry i mean your 'friend'

>batteries counter thermite
>thatcher counters batteries
>bandit trick counters thatcher
>zofia counters the bandit trick
>jager would counter zofia, if she didn't have 4 fucking concussion mines + thatcher
I imagine she'll get dropped down to 2 concussion nades, but it's still stupid.

As a tangent from this, is it just me or is Monty's Boba Fett helmet like a really common drop out of the system or something? I see tons of people with only that and no other Operator cosmetics and I got it on my second loot roll ever.

If they were true normies they'd just fucking buy the clancy credits, the one complaining is the autistic retard replying to me , (You)

it takes like 1 4.99 pack of clancy credits to buy an operator, I think I actually got a 15$ pack just to buy the blood orchid operators anyways

it's not really for my friend it's for my grandma.
>tfw people shit on my taste for liking it
I'm a swfag I just had to fucking buy it

Saved.

>normies
>being okay with having to pay large amounts of money for dlc
I'll give you that they're okay with spending an extra 20 bucks here and there but if one were to buy all the dlc ops that'd cost a lot of fucking shekels.

capitao is fun
I have been running around with his assault rifle using a silencer, angled grip, and reflix

most games don't get 3 years of free DLC
they can get over it

what level loot is it?

>I like the look of this operator
>buy Buck or whatever
>play buck for a long time
>time to try something new
>I like the look of this operator...
It's a slow trickle user, and the 20 dollars you mentioned are already 4 characters that are enough to try and occupy yourself for longer.

Whatever purple is, that's why I'm asking.
Seems to be more common than it should be.

a lot of games get free characters though, and those include f2p games

why is ela the only operator who is facing to the side rather than forward?

Noob question, but if I use bandit to electrify a shield, will it damage friendlies too?

Because special snowflake catsuit.

who fell into an oil tanker as a child here

was this fair?