/mcg/ - Minecraft General - COZMIC TRAVEL Editio

Previous thread ► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, building ideas, etc...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds! (penises)
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[ ! ]For 1.10+ Use foamfix and Optifine with terrain animated turned off

► 2. NEWS

[30 jun 2017] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download.
> imgur.com/a/NeywO

[14 may 2017] GoG update is finished
> mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

[02 jan 2017] Asie has been working on asie.pl/foamfix/, which remedies 1.10+ RAM issues,
as well as a few others, github.com/FabricMC, [YouTube] Silent Charset update.

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

/mcg/ General text (use it to contribute news and info for the next thread!)
> public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

Modding Tools & documentation
> mcforge.readthedocs.io
Curse downloader
> github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader
Explaination of how do stuff for newfags
>public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
> serblist.com
> docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

Ideas & Inspiration
> mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
> elworrier.imgur.com/
> imgur.com/a/JPif9

Castlefag's map
> mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

CRISTOPHER COLOMBUS

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/x1kUH
gist.github.com/KryptonCaptain/a709b40e46e7bdfc457793b630936d98
minecraft.gamepedia.com/Mods/IHL_Tools_&_Machines
github.com/jaquadro/GardenCollection/wiki
pastebin.com/ENJTb8Z0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

azacuck is azanor in disguise

fuck thaumcraft

is there a mod that adds snow layers on stairs, slabs and fences?

OpenComputers

no S version
meh.

you might be able to do it with carpenter's blocks
and probably easily with little tiles/C&B

Buildcraft

>you will never get $1300 a month for doing fuckall like az and pahimar

(thanks m8)

I wish I got 1.4 grand a month to do nothing.

>I will explode into a fireball of disbelief
why is this allowed?

Why do we hate Thaumcraft?

Who said anything about hating Thaumcraft?

love them

Just hate for the guy who makes it, so I assumed we hate the mod now

yeah, i quit, your bricks look much better than mine (even if a bit too faded imo)

TC itself is good, azanor is a bastard who should be sacked for putting his mod behind a paywall

If you had a couple more variants of the third one, I could do some code memegic on the block to semi-randomise which one it picks, so there's less of that obvious vertical tiling

>1400 bucks a month
>we don't even have ETA of thaumcraft for memeversions

If jewery was a reason for us not to use software, none of us would be playing this game in the first place.

Yeah, that's something I'm thinking about doing for all the bricks. Not sure what the best way to do it would be. I don't want to just use up metadata.

I mean, opencomputers can print custom blocks, what buildcraft does?

>putting his mod behind a paywall
Okay what?

I didn't think that you could actually do that

it's a loophole
>backers can access "closed beta/alpha"
>never make full releases

It's some thaumcode I pinched for NX. Changes block texture based on its world coords.
TC5 arcane stone, and obsidian totems use it

>Changes block texture based on its world coords.
Custom renderer, I assume?

and nobody shared beta releases?

>packs that add InGameInfoXML and/or ArmorStatusHUD but don't bother configuring them

Nope, just some extra lines in, uh, getIcon

>putting his mod behind a paywall
Memeverfags don't deserve anything better.

Closest thing to a leak we ever got was this
>imgur.com/a/x1kUH

Optifine can do tile variants as well, and most people use it. You'd just have to set the resource pack up to use those features.

How does that work? Block#getIcon() has no access to coordinates or a World object.

I fucking love thaumcraft. I will never move off of 1.7.10 without it.

pls respond, I really want to know how this works

thaumcraft was good, but has gotten less and less good over the years. his pahrimaring is keeping it from getting worse.

has anyone made a script for converting 1.12 texture packs to 1.13? if not I can easily make it myself, just wondering if I can save time if anyone else has done something already.

also, this is my first time posting here.

No cracked servers? 1.12.2

go away

I don't think anyone on here cares about that kinda stuff, user
Non ironically try reddit

Reposting from last thread:

Does having a looting sword in your main hand and a bow in your offhand let you use your bow and get the benefit of looting still work in 1.12?

I'm looking to get ghast tears and i don't have a jetpack.

I'd rather do it myself desu, but thanks

Why?

I bought the game years and years ago and I'm locked out because I don't remember my old email credentials.

Stupid faggot.

guess you get to kick rocks now huh?

>4.4ghz i7 4790k, gtx 970 and 16gb wam, 16-chunk render distance
>Worlds with Realistic Terrain Generation average 55fps with drops down to fucking 23
What the hell mcg, was RTG a meme this whole time?

hey, this is functional now

Neat
I've wanted proper brick pathways for a long time.

they're drying adobe bricks

Anyone work with biometweaker or cc before? I want to jampack BoP, Highlands, and whatever other worldgens together

I can do brick pathways tho. How would you want them to function, user?

Lay them down like carpet, with the ability to change their individual orientation possible interaction with Chisel maybe?
Idk what limitations are involved with these things

Roman pavement

Can someone help me? I'm trying to have golems farm automatically for me so I can retire my mfr harvester/planter combo, but when I right click a chest for a gathering golem to put stuff away, he just sits there like a drooling retard. Am I missing something?

seconding this

Give me more details.

Do you have the correct animation core?
Have you made sure it's properly bound with the golemancers bell?
Is it within range of the items on the ground?
Does it have any filters when you right click the golem?

>gist.github.com/KryptonCaptain/a709b40e46e7bdfc457793b630936d98
Chill, had to do some things
Notes are //commented in

I already put a filter to pick up wheat, and it is a gathering core. I right clicked the golem with the bell and then right clicked the chest I wanted it to store the gathered items in. All this and it only picks the wheat up, but doesn't store it.

Huh, interesting.

That's a REALLY heavy function, though. The modular division and random number generation could probably be replaced with something more deterministic, yet seemingly random. Though, JIT is black magic so god only knows how it optimizes that function.

We don't hate Thaumcraft. We hate the guy who put the new version of Thaumcraft behind a paywall in flagrant violation of the EULA.

Thaumcraft 5 was the best version yet, aside from the lack of addons.

>Thaumcraft 5 was the best version yet, aside from the lack of most of what makes Thaumcraft good

You need to pick up your golem and Shift+Right-click with it on the chest itself.
Unless you have the Ordo intelligence upgrade installed, you need to bind it to a chest, and which side of the chest you bind it to is also important.

I was responding to the claim that thaumcraft was "on the decline"
If addons were the only thing that made it good, it went from 100 to 0 immediately, that's not a decline, it's a drop off. If 'the quality of the mod thaumcraft' actually refers to the mod NAMED THAUMCRAFT, then in my opinion, it has improved.

Stones with thick mortar, it would be rad if it worked like the real thing and soaked water really efficiently due to the multilayers of concrete, gravel and such but since Minecraft doesn't work like that it's not going to happen.

minecraft.gamepedia.com/Mods/IHL_Tools_&_Machines
I don't know what's this autism but it seems interesting.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

best ftb texture pack for 1.12?

almost done gathering mods for NomadCraft, any obscure mods that you can't find on the normie sites to reccommend?

is terrafirmacraft still alive? how fun is it?

Some big modpack for 1.7.10 focused on it just came out so I guess it is. TFC2 is probably dead forever after all those dumb decisions though.

>hard-soft dependency on Pam's Harvestbloat, where you will literally starve to death without it because no one feels like actually making their food mod TFC2 compatible
>worldgen that looks like complete ass because they refuse to admit "hard hexagons, no smoothing" looks like shit
>some other shit decisions that are currently escaping my mind that they're prepared to defend to the death
>but they wonder why everyone's just sticking with 1.7.10

>Some big modpack for 1.7.10 focused on it just came out so I guess it is

GIVE ME THE NAME OF THE PACK, PLEASE!

just want a comfy server with a fun community
just want to go back

Per Fabrica ad Astra, it's on ATLauncher.

Thank you, friend.

Hate to be that guy but try reddit. CasualMinecraft was nice

>my first SMP server
>was a comfy small vanilla serb, had factions but no was fighting
>only like 10 people
>endermen everywhere but they didn't do anything yet
>used enderpearls as currency
>had tons of fun doing seemingly nothing
>admin wants everyone to build a mall
>gives a handful of people creative to help out

>next day the main base is just a crater from TNT explosions
>everyone stopped coming

now I need to be buttfucked in the ass with large modpacks and large servers to even enjoy this game. where has the time gone

Haven't played in a while. Best modpack with Thaumcraft, Tinkerer's and IC? Is Equivalent Exchange still a thing?

>Enderpearls as currency
Bad move

Dear /mcg/, I am an idiot, and also lost.
I am for the first time actually trying to build a modded game with MultiMC rather than being ignorant and downloading a giant pack. But only now do I realize it's no longer 2011 and I have no resource or guidance on what industry mods I should actually choose and which to avoid outside of the short instructions in the OP's pastebin and reading the last thread.
I'm assuming throwing Buildcraft, IndustrialCraft, Ender IO, Thermal Expansion, Big Reactors, Railcraft and Applied Energistics into the same bucket isn't a good idea and I should trim it way down? Also, is any of these bad enough for game stability/performance that I should avoid it regardless of circumstances? Or maybe any other tech mods you would recommend? I'm honestly at a loss.

On a final note, the OP mentions worldgenand exploration mods. Aren't those really bad for performance? I thought Biomes O' Plenty was a resource killer, but then again, like I said, I AM an idiot.

Wasn't even like it was a real economy, there was just a shitton of endermen for some reason, so we treated it like money

Ender IO is amazing.
Tinkers is a must.
Big Reactors is well.
AE, good shit.

>I thought Biomes O' Plenty was a resource killer
Maybe new chunks take a bit longer to load, but once they're loaded you're good.

You should really only try to trim your mod count if you're playing on a toaster or you're going for a theme. Otherwise go nuts. I would also recommend Immersive Engineering (and immersive petroleum if on 1.10)

Thank you user, in that case I'll try removing BC and IC so I can force myself to try something new for once, and get Immersive Engineering and BoP. Also, if anyone has any other suggestions for tech or worldgen mods as well I would still love to hear them

Garden Stuff. You should install Garden Stuff.

YOU SHOULD AAAAAAALL INSTALL GARDEN STUFF.

github.com/jaquadro/GardenCollection/wiki

Railcraft if you're into rails, Tinkers Construct if you've never played with that before. Natura, the companion mod to TCon, also adds some worldgen stuff. Mekanism adds some pretty cool stuff but much of it is also redundant with mods like Thermal Expansion and EnderIO installed, so if you don't mind that, I'd say give it a go.

Maybe add WAILA and its add ons too if you're unfamiliar with many of the newer mods' blocks.

>tinkers
>a must

i dont think so, tim

avoid faggots construct like the plague

>faggots construct
Can you adopt a trip so I can filter your shitposts?
Also, yesterday you admitted to tinkers being fun the first few times around.

>big reactors
>EVER
no meltdown, no download
BR is just a cheaty giant box of (near) infinite energy

When people see big packs with certain mods(Eio because “muh majick machines”, Big R because mawpc, ae2 because to them, meteors look like shit, and they’re too dumb to edit simple configs), they ree about it
Then there’s that one guy who hates tinkers with a passion because he doesn’t know how to use the mods built in integration system to fix the stupid shit he whines about
Overall, almost all mods can be great, as long as you configure things, like removing unnecessary ores, or adding custom world gen if you’d want
When you disable certain mod content, you can easily toggle their appearance in the list by right clicking the items under the mod specified subcategories
A lot of what people bitch about can easily be configured or disabled at will, some people are just too lazy to configure the packs, leading to them bitching about your use of the mod. (But it’s your modpack, so fuck em)
Performance can be managed with fastcraft/betterfps/optifine/foamfix depending on what version your using. As much as people shit on optifine, it’s nice having the ability to customize the rendering of certain objects, like having non opaque leaves while also having low render rain, or remove downfall rendering completely, depth fog, distance fog, better optimizations that really can help performance when well adjusted to your pc
The resources people want have been here the whole time, it’s just repetitive and people don’t have the patience for it
(Special message to the guy who hates tinkers with a passion, kindly an hero, you’re the nigger of /mcg/)

What about mekanism's fusion reactor? A Fusion reaction going wrong would at worse cause the plasma to release into the air and dissipate. But I agree, big reactors is too easy for its return.

The only thing about optifine is that it can be glitchy at times, especially with IE. I remember one of the old versions of opti would give me permanent xray whenever I changed any setting. I think it was 1.5.2. Didn't even seem like it was bugtested. But yeah, good mod, just one of those things you have to deal with if you want decent performance.

anything I should add/remove from my modlist?
pastebin.com/ENJTb8Z0 [spoiler/]

no i will not use a trip, and no i did not admit to anything of the sort. i said that it had nice looking glass. which it does. but that doesnt make up for how garbage ticon is.

either that or you are mistaking me for someone else

i haven't messed with it, but do check deep resonance. the default return is absurd so you'll have to edit the config, but it's radiation system is pretty great

>this GUI
Oh fuck yes now that's perfection.

now if only you could remove that cancerous blight on the screen in the form of faggots construct benches

But ender grinders make them too common

Is Minecolonies Official/Testpack any good? Can't find an actual modlist for the pack anywhere.

So is there a new /int/craft serb or no?