/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1097 - I'm gay too! Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Jaj4Nka_IBM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw Iizuka retires

*stalks as human loli*

Only womyn, gays, and girly men like Silver.

Remember to report and ignore spammers.

>tfw someone worse takes his place

SA2 fucking sucked.

The poor level design, awful story telling, terrible control scheme isn't a reason?

Nah fuck that shit, stop being a drone.

Now that I look at it closely, this is a really poor shop.

First for Sonic is the coolest, nicest, and all around best character in the entire franchise! Shadow may be the ultimate life form but Sonic is the ultimate FRIEND!

So since last thread had a lot of shitflinging & arguing over things people don't like, let's try & be a bit more positive: What characters/games/media of Sonic do you like?

Just post anything about this series that makes you happy.

And remember not to spam or else sloth will report you.

>tfw you're a womyn
>Fucking hate Silver and want to skin him alive

But I'm gay and I don't like Silver.

I'm a bonafide manly man & I like Silver.

S T A T I O N S Q U A R E

The soundtracks.
Sonic is fucking great in the music department 85% of the time.

kys
because you don't like Silver

My echidna.

He won't.

I know that feel

Shadow is literally Sonic but better. Shadow would fucking kick Sonic's ass.

SONIC'S WORLD
O
N
I
C
'
S

W
O
R
L
D

You probably like Blaze lmfafjkcfnmkh

Sonic makes me happy. I like his portrayal in the comics and modern games (pre Sonic Colors I guess). I love that he's cool even when spouting cheesy quotes and one liners. That's actually what I like best about him and the writers. Normally you wouldn't have a cool character say dumb things like Sonic does. Cheese = uncool. Corny = lame But Sonic does it anyway. That's what makes him feel genuine and authentic.

If Shadow is literally Sonic and he kicked Sonic's ass wouldn't be also be kicking his own ass?

GREEN HILL ZONE
R
E
E
N

H
I
L
L

Z
O
N
E

How come SOS missions aren't appearing for me in Forces? I completed the game with all S ranks and everything and now I'm in the process of getting all collectibles and still not even a single mention of SOS missions.

...I...
fuck

user, a lot of Silverfags like Blaze too.

True. That's part of the reason I love Sonic as a character so much. He's a cool guy who's also a big cheeseball

Silver is literally Shadow but better. Silver would fucking kick Shadow's ass.

>Infinite would have killed him if Sonic didn't intervene
lol

I DON'T U N D E R S T A N D

To be fair, Sonic and the Avatar are the only people Infinite can't kill.

>Silver would fucking kick Shadow's ass.

fun fact: they were excluded in Sonic Forces because their combined power would beat Infinite and Eggman without the need of boosting. Same with Burning Blaze.

>Isn't fast without his skates
>can't control his powers without emeralds/rings
>can't even use them without emeralds
>has to rely on guns and vehicles
>punked on like a bitch against final hazard
>gets fucking thrashed on in Gens and Free Riders
>Barely compares to Emerl, who Sonic decimated in 30 goddamn seconds

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF CONCEPT OF LOVE?

BRING
ON
THE SHITPOSTING!

huggu

06 never happened. Also, 06's power scaling doesn't count. If it did, Sonic wouldn't have been able to beat Silver in Generations.

Not to mention, Infinite kicked Sonic's ass.

Unless you mean Titan Tailsposting, then no

i'm ready

>Cream and Blaze game with OC creator that happens simultaneously as Forces
yes pls

pls be in Sonic's World

Twinkle Park lets cute couples get in free

MEEEEEEEEM

>

Nice headcanon

>Unless you mean Titan Tailsposting, then no

What if I DO mean that, user?

Metal is literally Silver but better. Metal would fucking kick Silver's ass.

>Phantom Ruby can cancel out the power of the Chaos Emeralds
>they said nothing about the Sol Emeralds
shit you might be onto something user

The Silvirgin.

VS.

The Chadow.

I wish Shadow acted like this in the games. Like, showing emotions sometimes. Being buddies with Sonic. He could still be serious but it would be nice if that wasn't his whole personality.

Cute permavirgins.

Then go nuts

I bet Cheese can shield her from the Ruby entirely.

Reminder that sonic and Amy are no longer virgins before lost world

What, SEGAin't ever doing anything right? As fucking if.

>I wish Shadow acted OOC like this in the games.

That's where you're wrong

Stoic Shadow really is a black hole sometimes. Letting him be cocky and emotional is great - then he can be an actual foil for Sonic again.

>Wanting Shadow to be an overemotional crybaby
>Wanting any Sonic character to emote
>Implying it isn't always forced and awkward as shit
Sonic's a franchise that cannot and should not ever attempt drama, because it always comes across as trying way too fucking hard

But can he shield her from DESTINY RAYS?!

And the action and comedy doesn't? Go back to sleep grandpa.

FREE LOVE IS TO TAME HIM

user...we're getting in free!

So a Sonic character can't show any emotion, like laughing, happiness, anger, impatience, etc.?

I mean, Sonic characters emoting have been a thing since the first game & was something this series was known for back in the day with Sonic's attitude, but if that's what you want then I'll just have to respectfully disagree.

NOT SO FAST

No, because it fits the motif of Sonic. Sonic is supposed to be about being cool and edgy and all that shit. So it makes sense for Sonic to be snarky (Though don't overdo it) and for the games to focus on action above all else. Colors is shit because there's too much joking and not enough action.

Sonic should be the video game equivalent of a Micheal Bay /Fast and the Furious/Die Hard film: You're not there for the characters or story or drama, you're there for the cool action scenes and visual effects. It should be all about the spectacle, and a hero that has snarky one liners and doesn't care about shit other than looking cool and stomping the bad guys fits that idea to a T. What do people remember the most abotu the games? The dumb emotional moments? Or the cool shit like running from a giant fucking truck?
If the emotion is anything that could lead to unneeded drama, then no

Frankly, Sonic stories should focus less on "Does this make sense" and more on "Would this be cool?"

Pffft

Get outta here with that shit

>Wanting Shadow to be an overemotional crybaby
I never said that. I wouldn't want that either. I do think that issue of the comic took it a little too far with that. It would just be nice if he was portrayed as anything other than "serious guy with no emotions, ever" like he was in Sonic 06 and I think Sonic Boom if I'm remembering. He doesn't have to start sobbing but he could at least act surprised, angry, startled, etc. like in Shadow the Hedgehog at least.

why is this bad? I don't think they should ever have emotional breakdowns or anything extreme but there's nothing wrong with them showing emotion.

>Implying it isn't always forced and awkward as shit
it's not always bad. It was done well in Sonic and the Black Knight at least. Sonic Unleashed was also pretty good from what I remember.

>Ovulating
No wonder he decline, Sonic is a good christian boy who waits for marriage.

Aw yeah, this is happening

>Then, yes, let us do that
ShadowAttemptingToBeANormalPerson.png

why is Amy's theme so freaky like her
youtu.be/Jaj4Nka_IBM

>The dumb emotional moments? Or the cool shit like running from a giant truck?
Well, I've seen people talk highly about Gamma's story & the coolness of the G.U.N. truck chase. No one's saying this franchise has to be All My Sonics, but every action movie & franchise tries to put in emotional stuff in, so it wouldn't be out of place for Sonic.

It's the whispering. Remove that, it wouldn't come off as creepy.

YOU WILL ALL GO DOWN ON MY PINGAS

Follow Me is a better theme for Amy.

But that's Team Rose's theme. It talks about finding the people that are dear to them, like Chocola for Cream and Cheese, and Froggy for Big.

oh god, that bulge

I actually kind of like the direction you have in mind. No drama, not a bunch of jokes, just a lot of action. But how would you write a super actiony plot like that for a Sonic game? Are there any Sonic games you'd cite as examples?

Reminder that Sonic fucked Blaze so fucking hard that the cat can still barely even walk and THAT'S why Blaze isn't in Forces.

No, it talks about Amy wanting Sonic.

Oh no... aaaah... help me, Sonic.

Useless fox. This is why you lost.

BUT I POOP FROM THERE

It talks about finding someone dear to the singer. That's Team Rose's whole thing in Heroes. Amy is searching for Sonic, Cream is searching for Chocola, and Big is searching for Froggy.

I like this timeline

>*buffs up even further*

Please user, Blaze just ignored Sonic & friends call for help. Flat cat a bitch.

Sonic [Adjective]
Developed by Platinum Games

Chados