Adventurer Gratitude Campaign - Ends December 31st
playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/15861/detail.html

>Coming Up
Returnee Support Campaign - December 11th
playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/15941/detail.html

Version Update - Mid December

>Where to get it
Retail - Steam currently has it discounted
store.steampowered.com/app/230350/FINAL_FANTASY__XI_Ultimate_Collection_Seekers_Edition/

Free Trial - 14 days with restrictions
store.na.square-enix.com/product/442968/final-fantasy-xi-free-trial-pc-download

Private Server - Kupo
kupoffxi.com/install/

>Linkshells
Asura - pm Dinotron or Apocarypse, Supooki or Donuchi

>FAQ
If playing on Retail roll on Asura, or Odin for JP players.
bg-wiki.com/bg/Quickstart_1-119_Guide

Other urls found in this thread:

playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/install_win.html
github.com/Windower/Issues/issues/914
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anyone playing on kupo? I've played on legiondark a bit. Kupo is too hardcore for me but high rate servers have no pop. Nasomi seems more populated than kupo but neither of them have field of valor.

There's little, if any, reason to play on the private servers. 75 cap era was magical because of the community, not the game. You're not going to find that caliber of people there, and the actual quality of the game isn't there either. Things don't work, balance is fucked, and a dozen more of the negative aspects that came with that era.

The winter sale is right around the corner, just come hang out with us on retail and get lost as hell figuring out what to do at 99.

>There's little, if any, reason to play on the private servers.
They're free.

A free piece of shit is still a piece of shit, user.

The game's fun though.

It really comes down to

>1. It's free.
>2. I never tried it and everyone talks about 75 being amazing.
>3. I enjoy smaller communities.
>4. I just want to re-experience some things, no matter what the condition

It doesn't matter in the end. We need to stick together and get any ideas of being negative towards this group of guys or that group of guys or else /xig/ won't ever actually flourish.

If you're on Asura, Odin, Phoenix, Slyph, Kupo, Nasomi, Era, or whatever other server that's available, retail or otherwise, all that's important is that you're here to talk about this game and enjoy it with other like-minded fellows.

oh you are starting this again. the BE-fags in FF gen are quite unbearable aren't they? i am not playing XI atm but good luck.

We did our second Delve run today on Phoenix.

Sorry for the bad pic of Bee, we were rushing due to low time and a bad pull earlier courtesy of the Gnat NM.

Tojil was easier, but Myuingwa wasn't as rough as I thought she'd be.

I'm absolutely dreading the shark, however, due to seeing him having way too many OHKO moves.

Any suggestions or tips for him?

>75 cap era was magical because of the community, not the game.
Exactly
Private servers are shit tbqh. They lack the community size necessary to drive that era of content

What a load of toss. You know how many people you need to play FF11? Six.

if all you do is exp, yes... XI isn't just exp pts, contrary to plebian belief

Why can't I finish my quest?

Did you try trading him

ah... what a bloody noob I am. Thanks.

>install playonline/ffxi in C:\Games and set it up for private servers
>play and have fun
>steam install ffxi because reasons
>go to use pirate version
>windower4 crashes on game launch

help

Don't let it get you, everyone gets hung up on that one.

I think they just don't play nice with the Steam version.

playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/install_win.html

Try the free non-steam install version from FFXI's main site.

Maybe it'll work out for you?

Did you get this error after you clicked on play?
I had the same problem.
I had to edit the settings.xml file manually.
Just insert
or whatever your screensize is. It's explained here github.com/Windower/Issues/issues/914

I also had a second error before that, something about not having directx8.1 installed
I had to
Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features, I forget which it is in 8/8.1) > Turn Windows features on or off (look to the left of the main list) > Legacy Components > Enable DirectPlay

I still have the non-steam version installed and ready to go. I think windower reads pol's location from the registry though and the steam install overwrote that stuff.

I didn't get that error or any error. Windower4 just crashes instantly when i launch a profile.

Crash log:

>System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The >system cannot find the file specified
> at Launcher.Injector.Launch(String hook, Profile profile, Boolean >debug, TimeSpan timeout)
> at Launcher.Tasks.LaunchTask.Run()
> at Launcher.Tasks.Task.Run(Core core)
> at Launcher.Core.Run()
> at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object >state)
> at >System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte>xt executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, >Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
> at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext >executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, >Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
> at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext >executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
> at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I am bumping this thread from bed. Good night and stay comfy, /xig/.

>6 people for Dynamis Lord
>getting through Dyna-Xarc at all
>getting IN to Dyna-Xarc at all

so lets pretend you even made it, 1 RDM/DRK, 1 THF to sac pull his dragons, 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 DPS. your 2 DPS have 1 minute of Chainspell-Stun (functionally less, lets be honest) to kill it before everyone dies instantly.

brilliant.

Fucking Atmos just floating there in the middle of the road like this whole area belongs to him

That's one of the biggest differences I found when coming back to retail. There's so many things littering the scenery, you have the maws everywhere, or planar rifts, or all sorts of magical whatsits. It's not a huge deal but I did find it jarring.

You seem to be the resident SCH, try bursting helixes. Our SCH was tired of dying to it, so on our third run he two houred and did something like that, I'm not SCH, and the shark's HP kept dropping a lot per tick.