/d2g/ - Dota 2 General

Invis Edition

>INFORMATION & GUIDES
Major patch: dota2.com/duelingfates (7.07)
Minor patch: dota2.com/news/updates/ (7.07c)
New players: purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide/
New players (League refugee edition): dotabuff.com/learn/lol
Wiki: dota2.gamepedia.com/
Blog: blog.dota2.com/
Lore: dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35923
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic simulator:dotaloadout.com/
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page
Hero Stats, DPS Calculator & Interactive Map: devilesk.com/dota2

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 analysis: datdota.com/
Personal statistics: dotabuff.com/
Personal statistics#2: opendota.com/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/
gosugamers.net/
liquiddota.com/
Streamlink: github.com/streamlink/streamlink
GUI: github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui

Previous Thread:

>roshan has 6 item slots
what will be the next 3 rosh items?

Reminder that Reddit uses this place as a twitch 2.0 during esports and we should not enable them.

We are better than them, we are much more fun.

Divine Shard
>drops on second kill
>grants 150 damage
>lasts for 3 minutes
Might actually make people push after roshing.

>remove presence of the dark lord
>Remove the extra magic damage from razes
>now razes lowers armor and it stacks with every consecutive raze, jsut like the extra magic damage
>Necromastery now has soul memory, it can recognize if you have a hero soul or just creeps
>if you have a hero soul, you do X% more damage to that hero, you lose hero souls when die obviously
>New ability: Soul form
Toggle ability. Consume X amount of souls to activate. Nevermore gains 100% status resistance (stuns still stun) and gains flying movement. Attacking stops soul form. Consume X souls per X seconds. Max X seconds..

Based gay poster with the correct op

Dota lost. While LoL continued to grow healthily over the years and now is the #1 esports, Dota has lost traction and became the meme game. 7.07 is Dota's death throes: a final attempt to meme the game up in order to regain player base.

Dota is going to die out in 2 years and idiots are gonna wonder why. It takes dedication and humbleness to create the greatest esports of all time, and Valve doesn't have those qualities. Riot did.

>Humbleness
>Dedication
That's a strange way to explain "rent seeking governments to sanction your events"

Stfu tiago

(You)?
Dreamleague, which isn't even Dota's biggest esports event, dwarfed League's viewer count today

>LoL growing
>Despite this, Tencent felt the need to buy PUBG

immunity shard
>grants physical and spell immunity for X seconds

damage shard
>gives +100% spell amp and +100% damage for X seconds

>doesn't even bother denying the stagnating growth and how it lost as an esport
>focusing on shitting on LoL instead
See. Delusional are you are, you lot too realized that the game is going to die off soon enough. Just because you hate LoL doesn't mean it's not going to win in the end.

U guys are. Posting 8n this furfag thread ironically right haha

I literally just pointed out how it hasn't lost as an esport
Curb your delusion, loltard spy

Who the fuck cares, lol is a terrible game and their esports are terrible too

>tourney viewership vs non tourney viewership
>XD I sure showed him!

t. brainlet

You're not even trying to do anything but bait post so we're just going to criticize you anyway

what an argument, i got totally blown the fuck out

Of course, anyone who's trying to talk sense into you is baiting. Keep telling yourself that, /v/tard

>Implying he's not a paid Riot shill acting out of the last bit of money they still have after daddy Tencent started pulling the plug and putting all their money into PUBG

Alright /d2g/, post your favorite
>INT
>STR
>AGI
Hero

Except there was a tournament for LoL today.

Storm Spirit
Kunkka
PL

Well dota still sucks buddy. Face it.

O___ ____
E__________
F_______ ____

>Makes claim
>Doesn't back up said claim

"I was wrong?! Buh... buh... YOUR GAME SUCK ;;;;;((((("
You actually have autism.

guys kaya omni... any good?

About as good as kaya AM

its good but other things are better

>Looking for me
>From other planes i come
>The wise flee my footfalls

no

Is it so hard to just get a soul ring?
It's like half the price.

how much wins you need to gain a star? I won 5 games in a row and im still archon 5

140 MMR so about 7

Int: Nyx
Str: Ursa
Agi: Windrunner

Oh I see.. rip mmr fucking gaben

>felt the need
nigga do you know how investments work?

>Int
Crystal Maiden
>Agi
Juggernaut
>Str
Omniknight

voker
alch
spec

Is there a better alpha carry than Ace?

Int -> Windranger
Str -> Slardar
Agi -> Weaver

sounds absolutely terrible

Anyone else think they should add a null talisman upgrade similar to Wraithband->Aquila

Buff all the INT mids that way who start null tali.

I want WK to be good but I just get kited into oblivion every game
how to fix this hero

build blink
or build the infamous hailrake build
>blademail+radiance
the logic with this build is that you will inevitable deal damage by living even if you get kited, you farm well with radiance and if you do get right clicks it will hurt from the sacred relic damage

cons
>you must farm a radiance

I wish upheaval pierced spell immunity

OFFICIAL POSITION TIER
>god level tier
Position 4

>alpha tier
Mid
Offlaner

>pussy brainlet tier
Five
Carry

>Kunkka
>PL
Not bad kid.

Int
>Phoenix
Str
>Ursa
Agi
>Windrunner

I love the on paper synergy between Clock and Pango but fuck my god damn life if you retarded fucks actually try to have good cogs.

It's gotten to the point where if you aren't like 6k+ MMR just don't fucking pick Clockwerk if you already have a Pangolier, and vice versa.

You guys are too mentally fucking retarded.

This post triggered me

Unopular Opinion Time!:

I wish that Faceless Void's ulti would pause statuses, buffs and debuffs (but still effect them), so that if you Eul's your self before the Chrono it would stay until the end of the Chrono.

Yes it's probably a heavy Chrono nerf, but you could also use Chrono to Chrono allies in trouble and save them for extended periods of time.

Chrono ally into shallow grave would keep them alive for the ENTIRE chrono duration and then the 5 seconds that grave lasts. I think that would be neat.

Also to add: This would be a new mechanic which I think is unexplored and could be on a new hero in general: Pausing Buffs / Debuffs, whilst keeping the effect. "Stalling" or something.

>Chrono ally to save them
>Benomancer walks in
>You just quadrupled the duration of all his skills

Yeah this would be like a counter, sure. I'm not going to lie it would VERY much gimp Chrono in a sense, but I think it's a completely cool mechanic which could be explored.

>use veno ult
>use chrono
>get free veno ult duration

balanced

>wake up
>3 threads
thanks obama

To be fair, one of the OPs realized his was late and never linked it.

PoS4 dark seer vs. 2x 6 slotted carries.

I'm getting into dota after a 6-month break.

I don't know if the /d2g/ still does the "post your game stats and see what people thing" thing but I'm doing it anyway.

I'm storm. The fuck could I have done to win this game?

other roles hate carries only because carries have so much influence over the game

>INT
Io
>STR
Pangolier
>AGI
Silencer

my advice:
you got a lot of kills but your only carry (slark) doesn't look like he did so well. maybe you should have tried to gank his lane and feed him kills + TP whenever he got ganked to try to turn it around
spectre has barely any deaths (but also isn't that farmed), you should have killed her more
if you want more advice, explain why you think you lost

also whats the game length - they had 3 cores while you only had you + slark (lina/omni could have played as somewhat of a core but didn't) - you only have 573 tower damage so you should have pushed buildings and tried to end earlier if possible

they had 4* cores

Carries only have so much influence because it's felt more recently towards the end of the game compared to how powerful early-game setups can be for them to snowball.

Your carry get a free farming safelane from 0 to 20 minutes? Who do you think got him that perfect safelane and why is Antimage suddenly 4 slotted by 25 minutes? Everyone else on the team made that space for him.

Most carries aren't supposed to be played "5v4 until I'm huge" the way AM is, and if your carry is bad, the space you wind up trying to create can often be futile anyway.

Every single calibration match so far has been a complete stomp. Did they literally just reset everyones mmrs to baseline average?

hate or not

id rather have a competent carry than a competent support

Every single Vegeta hair Invoker ever.

They basically squeezed all most MMR outliers above 5.8k down and compressed MMR. It will even itself by higher skill players just stomping.

wanna be my senpai

I don't think so. I didn't calibrate right after the release and I had Legends 1 to 5 players in most of my matches.

>Walrus Punch +100% crit multipler
>Walrus Punch 12% chance

LOOK AT ME PA
IM THE ASSASSIN NOW

If my team is shit, as a carry, I have recourse to cut my losses and plan for a certain timing window where I try to bring the game back for everybody.

First time dota has ever peaked my interest...

it is called piqued you fucking 3rd world homosexual
get the fuck out

You will be happy to know some autist on here commissioned a gay fur comic for 10k usd

this, but en espanol

no its peaked because this is the most interested in dota he can possibly be (peak interest)

>/d2gay/

try being more than 1,2k

>rapier on a strength build

The fuck are you doing? You do a DEX build for rapiers.

What if instead of a 10% chance to bash, Troll Warlord gets a super high chance to bash but his stun durations are a lot lower, making him a mini-bashing cancer hero similar like Clockwerks mini-stuns.

In melee he gets 100% chance to mini-bash
Mini-bash stun duration ranges from 0.08/0.12/0.16/0.2 second duration.
It's still technically the same duration he'd get if he mini-bashed people consistently but it's more reliable since there's more bashes and it interrupts.
That or Battle Trance guarantees one free bash per target.

how do we save him

so this is the power of heraldcrafting?

HotS tournaments

What if it was 50% chance to do what headshot (100% movespeed and attack speed slow) does, but Battle Trance makes the "headshot proc" bash

what if headshot was replaced with an ability that forced you into the alternate camera mode and you had to aim and hit them in the head for really big extra damage

i want to marry her!

mirana? cool man!

Im impressed desu

So dreamhack games start in 1hr 15, does the panel start earlier?

>FURRIES are 3rd worlders
who would have known

mmr? whats your build up

Cool

Patrician taste, user

i want to marry sniper too

>Troll OP dies
>QoP posters flood thread
Fired ceramics