/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Suiren/status/937173637949415424
twitter.com/7korov_Aoki/status/936180516310544384
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'M NEW WHO SHOULD I PLAY

>start with gigas because the air throw combo was easy
>switch to feng
holy fug I can dodge things now

alisa for xth

What has been your most embarrassing loss, bros?

How hard is it to get into guilty gear as a tekken player? kinda want to try something 2d after playing geese and akuma so much.

best waif

I quit my job earlier this year to play Tekken competitively but honestly it's much harder than I thought
I've got 800 hours played and still only yellow ranks
i feel like I've hit a wall

>>>/fgg/

Getting RDCd after getting demoted back to yellows.

Playing Tekken made you used to finding people online. This is not the case with 2D fighting games so prepare yourself for that.

no

Do you know what setplay is?

I had a deathmatch with a blue Hwoarang who literally did nothing but b3 and firecracker.
I didn't even win once

Who are you playing as?
I quit my uni for the same reason

I just had a match against a Heihachi who was on his promo to Brawler

He actually played really well but he started panicking and hit me with that stupid fucking headbutt grab 4 times in a row

I was dead before I figured out only 2 breaks it

He even apologized for being a faggot and said he only did it because he really wanted to win

Lars

I was just learning the game with Claudio and I had gotten to Brawler. Played about 8 games in a row against this Heihachi and lost them all. He quit when he promoted.

I'm the same guy you're replying to.
Watch good Lars players, see what they do

these are both memes right?

I killed a guy so I could play Tekken in prison

There was a quick patch just now (not the geese / rematch patch) any idea what that was?

It's a very different game but there's not really any specific advice for a "tekken player" I guess, the game has great tutorials and combo trials and the missions mode explains everything even up to some really advanced stuff like option selects. Xrd is my main game at the moment and I really like it so I'll obviously recommend you give it a try

I can't speak for other regions but in europe there are multiple lobbies up during day - early night hours and finding games shouldn't be a big problem, if you don't like playing randoms or the level of lobby players is too high (there are sometimes beginner lobbies too though) you could join a discord and find games and help that way

what's wrong with doing something I love rather than a job I don't like

COME ON! THE MISHIMA LINE ENDS HERE

This. I've got the time and money to dedicate to Tekken.
I'm getting a solid connection soon as well

The competition is Koreans who have been playing the game for more for a decade.

>hadn't played for a while and got memed on the ground with Asuka's elbow that launches since I didn't know it hit grounded

Anybody else having a ton of fun playing Lucky Chloe?

What are his unique variants of that line?
I already heard
>kazama line
and
>mishima line

Post your best Tekken memes. I need to build up my folder

Which means they've already hit diminishing returns with their training

The Skinner edits are top tier. I don't know if we have anything else though

Paul

Against debyl jimbo he says "Show me that power of yours"

I'm really hoping you are joking. I'd feel really sad if you actually were part of the twitch/esports generation and actually are doing that. Hope you have a nice nest egg and still live with your parents so you don't have much financial burden.

Against Gigas he says "finally a strong opponent bruv"

Fuck, fighting on the right side is so hard. But I guess this is the only way to get better at it. I'll just have to get beat up by shitters until I'm comfortable with it.

I hate streams, I want to go to tournaments.
I live by myself but am forever a neet

do what everyone else does and reset rank and beat up on scrubs

>yellow rank
>giving up your career to pursue tekken
L M A O

do what everyone else does and get a hitbox

I'm already on keyboard.

t. wagecuck

did I stutter

What fun stuff can you do after b2 wall bounce with Geese?

shill me chloe

Why do people do this? You realise that this is biggest reason why Tekken is so unwelcoming for new players.

Why would losing be unwelcoming?

Blues/Greens/yellow do it cause of win anxiety. Really high ranks do it because they cant find people to play with.

Losing 100-0 can be unwelcoming. Rank system is there for reason. If you would led noobs grow on their own phase, they would be more likely to stick with game. Instead everyone is spouting some "how many wins" nonsense.

You're being so tragic. It's not like smurfing high rankers make up a large percentage of the people you find online. Also you can always learn by matching up against people on the discord

Well I had bad experience back in ttt2. I was matching some seriosly bertter player who would demolish me over and over again and I sometimes stopped playing for weeks. Later I saw streamer who had numerous accounts and some of thouse where smurfs I had faced.

>yellow rank professional tekken player
hahahhahah

and then these cunts wonder why they can't find opponents lmao

You've been playing since Tag 2 and you're still shit?

Yes I am. Orange rank shitter, but at least I don't reset my ranks and take it on noobs.

>garbage 3D movement
Actually Geese has a very good backdash and sidestep, I'd say it's top three among the male characters

This. His backdash cancel travels fucking miles

Law is so fun. Shame everyone plays him like a moron.

I just hate Law because of his constant >ANGRY BRUCE LEE NOISES< so fucking annoying.

>low damage weeb man

>low damage

>weeb man

why does Nina have a default ruined wedding dress costume?

twitter.com/Suiren/status/937173637949415424

Where the fuck is Lei?

What even is the use of Deadly Rave

Haha

No one cared about him until Aris memed him into relevancy. And they don't want to have a lot of characters because it makes the game harder to learn and balance.

normies love him because he looks like jackie chan.

Exactly. Adding him would be great for the game.

Puts the opponent on their feet when you hit them in the air and guarantees at least around 25 damage because the last hit is unscaled

How hard was Lei actualy to deal with? I only ever countered some memers at green at ttt2, so I don't know what kind of bullshit he is capable.

Why use 1+2 before raging storm?

Just more guaranteed damage before the slump puts Hei on the ground for good, imo

Harder than the average character but nothing scary. The main was thing to recognize when he would cancel razor rush into a stance and interrupt anything they would do. Also you had to recognize his tiger stance because he had an unseeable low launcher but no scary mids from that stance. And you couldn't whiff like a retard when he's on the ground, similar to playing against capo but when played properly he didn't use his ground stances as often as you see relax.

Imagine this but with more HIYA

wtf i love lei now

>Why do people do this?
wincount shaming

Well Yoshi does not feel the worst bullshit char in tekken 7, so then I quess Lei wouldn't be so big of problem.

Wincount shaming has gone down from what it used to be. Is it becouse so many have made reset, so they aren't so sure of themselfs any more?

What the fuck am I even doing in ranked if I dont know the fundamentals jesus christ

>memers at green at ttt2
Don't remind me. Dude would just lie down on the floor and wait for me to approach. At least the bears make me knock them down before doing that.

twitter.com/7korov_Aoki/status/936180516310544384
Seems like groumd grab is always guaranteed after this combo. Though I don't kmow why you'd want to put your back to the wall

I think it's good to practice doing things under pressure

That's a smart attitude.
I'm not joking, all beginners should think like you're thinking right now. Best of luck dude

You learn first and foremost by playing. Then you can spend time in practice mode labbing or whatever, but getting better at tekken means playing more tekken. So keep it up user, don't care about rank and try to do your best

>only look at my opponent's character when I'm playing
>able to break throws on reaction
>sometimes I even block sweeps

Does this mean I'm finally getting better?

To meme them with Geese's unique wall jump?

I wish Josie had a crybaby grounded attack like Xianghua from Soulcalibur

Hi. I'm Bruce Lee and every move I use is safe.
What were they fucking thinking?

Ok so i've got around 200 hours clocked and now im thinking of switching to an arcade stick not because it's better but because it looks more fun. Is it worth the hassle of relearning everything after 200 hours of gameplay?

Oh that batman-lookin glide? I heard it's unblockable is that true?

are there any PC mods that show opponent character info in lobby like before

yes

i mean not really unless you REALLY want to learn arcade stick

you will be useless for at least 3 months learning how to play on stick

Dunno, you should test it.

yes

Also consider what it might do to your wrists.

I can't right now