Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/

Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #940
Teddy Edition

Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. STOP ASKING US BEFORE DOING THAT. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

>READ THE READMES OF EVERY MOD YOU DOWNLOAD. IT SOLVES 99% OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

>Information (CHECK BEFORE ASKING):
Main Site: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/index.html
FAQ Image Guide: i.imgur.com/FaWIWLn.jpg
Win10 FPS Issues? Use this: mega.nz/#F!IVA1HbwK!jZPRU9yFcCiKGGb5dokAog

>Downloads:
/aa2g/ Pre-Installed Game [Preferred installation; Best mod compatibility]: tsukiyo.me/AAA/AA2.xml
AAUnlimited: github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/releases
AA2Mini [The entire game, with AAU and some basic mods, now under 3 gigs]: tsukiyo.me/AAA/AA2Mini-V1.torrent
Manual Installation [For masochists, not recommended]: pastebin.com/FgP7nFWH

>Character Cards [Database]:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1niC6g-Xd2a2yaY98NBFdAXnURi4ly2-lKty69rkQbJ0/edit#gid=2085826690

>Mods & More:
Recommended Mods Guide: pastebin.com/JNi75PCi
AA2 Pastebin: pastebin.com/BhpfXqHP
/aa2g/ Modding Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and More):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129
How to use AAUnlimited:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17qb1X0oOdMKU4OIDp8AfFdLtl5y_4jeOOQfPQ2F-PKQ/edit#gid=0
PP2 Mods for AAU/AA2Mini:
tsukiyo.me/AAA/mods/
lolicore.org/static/pp2/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!hqYBSYQT!sjzH0HALAJqiU_bpwg8gkQ!k2IikK7B
github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/releases/latest
github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/commits/v0.6.1
mega.nz/#F!XJwj3CDD!gbY70LCQQlrkJFh7vIDW6g
mega.nz/#F!Jkgw1RZI!9EoP02wyUe4huLnHZJ714g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cute!

Make some OC!

If people weren't posting AA2 girls with said music, maybe you'd have a point

>Ah, I see. I don't know what happened to the guy. He seemed to have disappeared. Would have been nice to have back.
There seem to be some newer cards uploaded as AAU cards. No idea if they're AAU v0.6 cards or if they even work, but they're there regardless.

Your install is fucking ancient and everything you're using there besides the base game is probably out of date.
Just save yourself some time and get the latest pre-install from the OP
As for mods, get the latest versions of HEXAOC, HEXAHP, HEXAPP, MkIII/HEXACC (or SVII/SVIICC if you want to try that out), MCP, 3D Rooms.
Those translation mods have been combined and are included in the pre-install.
TT&A is deprecated with AAU body sliders
Those lip mods are probably integrated with HEXAOC
Subtitles don't work with AAU and if/when they are made to work with AAU they will probably just be integrated into it.
AA2TL is unnecessary.
The freckles mod is deprecated because of AAU, same with AA2Tantoo. The preinstall includes a high-res skin and AAU can be used to assign tans to characters.
Your AA2Install is outdated and don't even think about using the Wizzard

Do not discriminate against the ancient installs. Respect your elders!

You're missing her chinese dress.

azoor lame cards when!?

Girls should wear uniforms in school.

Relax, I'm just outlining the solution that will cause him the least amount of problems later on.

When you make them.

Ver cute! Release when?

I don't fucking get how I make variable in triggers. Nothing I try seems to be correct and it won't allow me to make any variables.

You should probably go to the discord

Nevermind, figured it out..
There is no fucking indication that you're supposed to click on "default value", when it's just plain text.

This is an eyesore.

wow honey select is fucking awful. i fear for how shit AA3 will be. AA2 turning out as good as it did seems to have been complete luck

Well, Illusion does have a track record of releasing garbage games with a decent one mixed in every once in a while. AA2 is surprisingly decent for Illusion in the sense that it took the previous game and mostly improved it. Usually they sidegrade.

HS is alright with its art style. Its more of a mix of real and fake. Haven't played it in a long time now because the community over there at /h/ is so bad or was bad.

There is SS that was made by illusion and I think it was really good for an anime style game. But I don't know if they are even going to use it again. Or make another one.

Why don't we do a that thread quest again instead of one guy doing it?

>we

I'm having a lot of fun

Will we ever be able to get good skirt physics?

>you

No

This doesnt seem physically possible.

weakling, I just tried it

>tfw user won't post your girls

Man, don't you hate it when your torso vanishes while you're having a conversation? Sucks.

Who needs torsos anyway?

Is her hair supposed to be that pink?

I believe so

mega.nz/#F!hqYBSYQT!sjzH0HALAJqiU_bpwg8gkQ!k2IikK7B

Yo, uploaded some objects from PPD like groceries and masks and stuff, check it out and I can get into posting other people's girls too

I miss harshfu.

Tiny Bugfixes release~
github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/releases/latest
Changelog:
github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/commits/v0.6.1
Grab it while it's hot.

Not much coming soon unless it's bugfixes for this release. New hot stuff, like better AAU Maker UI is coming sometime in the future.

how do you get the low sat hair working in the mini?

>github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/releases/latest
Oh shit! Thanks!

Just install as shadow set?

There's a thread quest?

Sweet!

Has anyone attempted to make characters from xenoblade chronicles 2?

How?

AAU guide. Learn what shadow set is, figure out the rest. It's not hard.

Alright, I got it. Thank you user

Nice! Thanks!

>page 10

this girl here is a cute

card?

>download the clothes collection mod
>takes an hour to download from that site in the op
>go ingame
>waited all that time for like 15 outfits
thank..s!

Let me finish her outfits and stuff first.

card fucking WHEN?

Are there any rooms with Christmas stuff in them? It'd be neat to see a group project of some of our girls gathered around a tree decorating it.

>our

Fine. It'd be neat to see a group project of a collection of girls various people in the thread have made gathered around a tree decorating it.

>asking for instead of making
how slothful?

If you could suggest one, that would be very helpful. There's a snowy room in the kemono friends set that was posted a few threads ago, but it's not exactly holiday-like, nor are any of the other snow stages that I've found.

Trying to play secrossphere or whatever and the Initsetting won't show up. The program shows up on task manager but there's no window open at all and it's not on my taskbar either

help please

nvm it started working for some reason right after i posted this

not for you

card?

Icypen's card mega.nz/#F!XJwj3CDD!gbY70LCQQlrkJFh7vIDW6g

thank you for making this card. she is really cute!
i had minor difficulty finding her. many folders and didn't know name. i did found many other cute cards.

All of her assets are in the wild now. Get to work.

>15 outfits
it adds far more than that tho?

I'm not the one who made her, but I'm glad I could help.

oh. the mistake was mine. i'm very sorry.

Why instead of? I like the one guy doing it, I just don't want him to burn himself out. In my ideal world there'd be more people like him doing it (same rate as current. more or less, but split labor).

Thank you both!

Is there a tool that can update triggers on cards? AAU should really link modules to files instead of embedding them so you can update them without fucking your saves over.

A fundamental flaw of the current trigger system is that they're being treated as another living, moddable resource in a card, more like a slider than a trait. Traits in the base-maker are set in stone - you don't change what "singleminded" means when you update a girl to move a slider over.

traits should have editable variables to change the degree to which the trait functions

>change the degree to which singleminded functions
wat

I disagree with that entirely, since I'd argue that AA2 nailed traits perfectly. I think too much freedom in the AI area is bound to result in more conflicts and screw-ups than would be worth the effort to try to fix them all.

At a conceptual level, modules/AAU Traits are great: make a new trait and share it across as many girls as you want. The execution is lacking though, since if a trait gets an update you feel obligated to fix all your cards with it to get the newest version. And "feel obligated" becomes less wishywashy when you find out months down the line that a trait is actually borked in a way that requires an update, rather than just advising one.

Secrossphere would have been amazing if it simply had a character editor.

It still wouldn't have gameplay and not everyone is into /ss/.

You don't have to rework anything. Just add an option to link to the trait by path.

>max
functions as it does now
>min
slightly less likely to accept more than one lover, engage in affectionate actions without a relationship, etc. than a card without

would it not enable a more varied class experience if every card's traits didn't function exactly the same way? it's too late to implement it now, but the existence modules and the freedom they give more than make up for it

>You don't have to rework anything. Just rework everything
Screw that, just replace the current system with modules only. If someone wants to use triggers make them do it with modules. Triggers in the cards is fucking retarded. If they really want to embed it then let them embed the module instead.

I mean, what options are there even for 3D h-games other than Illusion?

REAL died, turned into another company and now makes shitty 2d loli games.

3D Custom Maid 2 is like a really shitty Illusion knockoff. Has garbage animations and models.

So I'm confused when people say they don't like Illusion games. If Illusion is so bad then what the hell are these people even playing?

>2d loli games
Go on...

>REAL died, turned into another company and now makes shitty 2d loli games.
tell me more

there's some indie, or w/e, devs like miconisomi

>not playing Summer Lesson

>not playing tes

Apologies for the delay. Her name is Morisaki Miki, and she's out on my MEGA: mega.nz/#F!Jkgw1RZI!9EoP02wyUe4huLnHZJ714g

She requires AAU v0.6.0+, HEXAOC, tot Hair Pack, HEXAHP, and the CC+uncensor combo of your choice. Make sure to read the --README-- in the MEGA, it's important. Let me know if you have any questions/problems/complaints/whatever.

what is her IQ

It's a secret!

he skin color means that she's hard capped at 90