/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Champions' Ballad Never Edition

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

I am going to marry Riju!

Second for Mipha and Link.

So it didn't take of last thread but how would you do another Animated Zelda with all the new games since then

I'd really want Link to be silent (until say the finale or whatever), but don't see how it'd work unless he had a companion that did all the talking.

Or, Link could be absent entirely, with him being a 'legend' that people praise, and a bogeyman that the villains are cautious about.

That's why a fairy companion would be a good idea. Link speaking would punctuate what she says and give us glimpses of his personality and she could refer to stuff he said in private or earlier offscreen so we get the idea he talks just not anywhere we can hear him

I think a series based on the game that didn't have him as the MC is taking way too big a risk. A season where's he's absent is more believable

Hi, I heard this is the general where you just wait and wait and wait some more, right?

I'd give him a voice, but he would be very quiet and everyone would comment on this. But he'd also be a typical tropey anime hero who's short-tempered and stubborn.
I don't know how I'd deal with all the puzzles in the games and whether he should be really smart because of that.

But I'd definitely adapt each game as a series.
SS first, then OoT, WW
PH as a miniseries, then ST as a proper series too
Then a reverse showing the final scene from OoT again but this time following Link and lead-in to MM, TP
Then Zelda's narration explaining that this is a new timeline where Link failed and ALttP, then ALBW. Then OoA and OoS as one season together. Then LA as a a 3-episode miniseries

Then purposefully being really ambiguous as to which timeline we're in, Impa's narration explains that 100,000 years have passed and BotW.
Maybe have HW before BotW for funsies.

Yeah. A recognisable companion without detracting too much from Link or whatever, so a fairy would be good. I think your idea is pretty neat too; having him 'speak', just not onscreen, so the other characters can bounce back off that or whatnot. Or even just have him talk only occasionally. I just don't like the idea that he could be turned into a squeaky blabbermouth.

I think that's perhaps more of what I meant, but wasn't able to articulate. Like, having a first season where he is absent. This would allow room for other characters to be introduced and develop, and the whole 'legend of the hero' to fill in without just making everyone but Ganondorf and Zelda peripheral, if that makes any sense. Like, the whole first season builds up to it or something; the characters we're first introduced to could be sent on a mission to find him/discover more about the legend as the villains set out their plans.

I'd say 100,000 years kinda makes timelines irrelevant really. Like, all the games could have happened in that timescale, and you'd still have more than enough room for the 10,000 year gaps as with BotW.

I think we should start with some regular villager who goes out seeking the hero as monster attacks increase but then as he achieves more and more stuff happens to him we start to think he is the hero. The first season would end with him walking towards the Master Sword but not show him laying a finger on it. He'd meet all the major players some of them probably from far off

Don't forget Link gets helpful hints from a fairy hovering over his shoulder, an Imp riding his back or from his sword

ganon supposedly didn't appear for 10,000 years though

why so dead? I thought we were having a lively discussion about any future animated works

Got life things user.

It's just I see a lot of bumping in these threads when there are still discussions which have barely been exhausted just left dangling. Nobody even bothers to say that the idea or discussion is shit they just post a pic (only occasionally a new one) or revive the thread with the word bump

Not that user, but just 'cause a discussion gets left hanging doesn't mean it's shit. Could be any reason. Maybe the folks in the discussion didn't have any more to say, maybe family called 'em to do something, maybe anons just didn't feel like keeping it going, whatever.

>y-you want me to do what?!

Surely everyone is in church like the good people we are

I thought we were all avid members of the cult of Hylia

lol he doesn't know

Daily reminder that Hylia is a false god.

This.

Sorry user. I did like the discussion, and it wasn't shit at all, but I'm busy, and either the others are too or they're not interested. Can't contribute much more than a bump more often than not.

What I would've liked to see either in Ocarina or see in the hypothetical animated series being discussed is Ganondorf being a good leader but then slowly becoming obsessed with conquering Hyrule and how he needs to acquire power in order to do it. Eventually the Gerudo would schism and those who believed in his vision would join him whilst the rest would bend their knee to the Hylian throne and attempt to live in peace. This Ganondorf would then carry out his misdeeds with his own power, monsters and an elite group of Gerudo's loyal to him maybe sprinkle in some Yiga with a different origin from BotW's.

I need pictures

Pictures of Gerudo

but that's an Inkling

I love these inkling versions. How many other characters exist like this?

>A cute Gerudo Inkling will never claim you with her ink.

>it's another edition

This is fine. I once saw on an /ink/ thread back in the super hype days of Splat1

Incredibly thicc

missing a lot of Zelda's

Zelda is a qt

>mom gets a switch
>she is bad at vidya but enjoys me helping her so she has me play botw for a bit before she does
>trying to get shrines so i can get paraglider
>stasis trial on top of a mountain
>seems like the best thing to do is walk across the mountain ridge
>its cold so inbetween my clubs running out of fire (or having to fight) im popping food like mad
>finally get to the shrine after 15min
>friend tells me i could have just climbed up the side of the cliff
im going to suck at this game arent I?

There's multiple ways to get there, your friend's is one, and you managed to find the worst one

Nah the game can be beaten in multiple ways even inefficient ones

ALTTP Zelda is just perfect

You picked a valid way to apprach it, just not the one the game wanted you to. Just remember to get the warm doublet from the old man's house afterwards.

That's one of the things I don't like about this game, it makes way too many assumptions about how you'll approach areas despite advertising itself as an open game. I explored all of hebra mountains using cold resistance potions, then when I went to rito village afterwards I got the fucking cold resistant clothes and it was obvious that the game expected me to go there first, complete with an obvious path between the two

BotW Zelda looks the most thirsty

She had to wait 100 years for Link's dick, that does things to a woman

Just because the game expects you to go somewhere first doesn't mean that your way was any less valid. You were able to explore all of Hebra, and sure it must've been an immense pain in the ass just using the potions, but you were able to do it nonetheless. Having distinctly easier methods of completing certain tasks doesn't make the game any less open in my mind

What if Link had time to grab his stuff?

>get the warm doublet from the old man's house afterwards
b-but i just finished all the shrines without it

This is no time for Link to masturbate.

There wouldn't be any time, his sword should be enough.

From the looks of it I'd say he didn't have much stuff back then but even assuming he had as much gear as he has now he'd beat down Ganon but he couldn't deal with him when he reverted to his cloud of Malice form without sealing him so it'd just be a stalemate until Zelda figures out her power

I'm not saying it's not a valid way, it just feels kind of insulting when you put so much effort into something then the game shoves an easier way to do it in your face after you're done

The same thing happened with gerudo highlands, I explored all of it, spamming movespeed potions because I couldn't stand moving so slow in snow, then I found out that in gerudo town there's a quest that specifically takes you there and gives you special boots to do it.

That and my autism flares up every time I do something in the wrong order in any game, the developers obviously designed some parts of the game with certain approaches in mind and I don't like breaking that.

>Breath of the Wild
>Wind Waker HD
>Twilight Princess HD
>Hyrule Warriors
>Smash Bros, Link main
I realized I primarily ended up using my WiiU to play Zelda games.

I want to eat the fish.

Sexually.

She's been a corpse for 100 years, there's no meat left

So long as there's some salt and vinegar.

Would you play a spinoff game where you play as Sheik?

>Assassin's Zelda: Legend of Creed

Not really

>top right

probably not but I could be persuaded

Has anybody ever extracted a clean version of that badass trailer music?

Paya!

It's in the staff credits roll I thought, at the end.

My cute wife!

Realistically what can we expect from dlc 2?

Disappointment.

Some new cutscenes, lobster PJs and Divine Beast helmets.

Back in 2013, my only reason I bought it was for BotW.

What's even funnier is that the Wii U can play every single zelda game while the switch can play one

Sad!

A plot line that goes nowhere?
Is Mipha a red Herring?

No it's not, stop lying nigga.

Despite there being multiple waifus, Zelda is the actual love interest of the game

No. Mipha is a fish. I did a pun, you fucker, and you didn't even acknowledge it!

Nig, I had a blast there last night. Only had a few cold resist foods at the time, the doublet, and a flame sword. Was looking for the last tower. Climbed up the north side, wandered in the snow storm forever, was about to give up when I saw it in the distance. Had like 30 seconds left of warmth. Just barley made it to the top in time. Greeted by an accordion playing birdman. It was great.

But did you do this?

I'm sure you have plenty of salt.

Assuming the green squiggles is where you wandered, christ no. Made a mad dash knowing I had limited time. Really by this point in the game you should of knew better. This coming from a guy that just learned how to cook efficiently two days ago.

Jesus christ did ALBW Zelda really have such a huge chest?

Seems normal sized to me

>that O face on OoT child Zelda

cheeky bugger

Nah, that artist is over-exaggerating them. SS Zelda had no tits, yet she has a nice rack in the image. That alone should have tipped you off.

>They took the time to change Ganondorf's moves a little in Smash so he wouldn't just be a Captain Falcon clone
>Still mostly a Captain Falcon clone
This bugs my autism because Ganondorf has never been depicted as just a straight up brawler before, he's always been a swordsman in every appearance.

Not even that. Ganon frequently uses a spear or trident. And oot had him just shoot magic.

Either way, he's almost always armed rather than just decking and kick people. Even most of his monster forms carry weapons.

What would you consider the most attractive treasure chest and from which of the games?

Not in a sexual way, more of a carpentry appreciation way. Why did your mind even go there honestly?

But Ganondorf has always been a swordsman.
And one instance of Ganon also used swords.

>Why did your mind even go there honestly?
Because attractive and chest are just one word apart.

I like the big chests in WW the most. However, I think the DLC chests in BotW might overtake that spot, especially the Xenoblade chests. The red glow is a nice touch.

>got excited when I saw the BotW trailer
>haven't gotten a switch because I dunno
it's like any interest I had died

Emulate it already.

Just buy a Switch as an early Christmas gift for yourself

I was the same way. Luckily my friend split it with me to play on his WiiU.