>Nintendo direct with world & gameplay explanations
youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

>Story trailer (lots of spoilers)
youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U

>Confirmed for being merely the tip of the iceberg
twitter.com/sorayasaga/status/935149626004447232

>XB2 FAQ
pastebin.com/qaauPV2F

A lot of people got their copies already so caution is advised.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3YyZeR0ulHI
youtube.com/watch?v=8ulG3-QJeAA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't want to know much, just tell me this about XC2: Is there something I need to know right now before it's too late?

Some kind of "don't sell x or you'll never get it again" or "don't waste this thing on that early on" etc.

Ever since FF12 cucking me out of an endgame weapon thanks to some early game chest I've gotten careful

Don't kill the calf.

Who /Zenobia/ here

Who /Kora/ here?

Alright
May I recall your words when the day comes. Thanks

The mob calling is nuts in this game right? Or is it just me?

Where do you get the technical manuals to make new elemental cores for Poppi?

Side quests are a mixture of item drop RNG and fighting boarderline op enemies

>those dumb wolf things can howl and chain summon each other
jesus i just fought a 20 minute fight with them because they kept summoning more

>Monolith has confirmed that they're moving away from Xeno
>XB2 is selling abysmally
Is this true?

Who writes this shit

It's insane. A 5 minute fight against a plant turned into a 25 minute brawl against a wolf that aggro'd and called in 400 other wolves that called 4000 other wolves. Even fucking gorillas can do that shit, it's crazy

How many permanent party members are there?

patch to make the game not look like shit when???

I hope the switch gets more JRPGs, i want more games to sink 100hours into

Post webms

Can't wait for the inevitable fight where she opens her eyes and unleash her furu pawaa

The second isn't and the first better not be or I'll fucking murder them over X.

Just realised during blade bond you get silhouettes popping up; I'm binding with Zeke and the same rare one tends to show up, wonder if that's the one I'm rolling for

I still dont get how to Blade bond, i dont even bother trying to do it

Is there a way to record videos or do you need a capture card?

Who else has been taking their time exploring everything before moving the plot along?

Also I've gone through sixty common core crystals and have only gotten two rare blades. I'm doing everything to boost my luck stat too via the affinity chart and items, anything else I can do to increase my chances of getting rare blades from common core crystals?

I hope they add video racording soon for this game

Capture card only at this point

Not that user, but seems you can't even capture video using the Switche's video mode either.

Is it true there are only 4 main characters with the rest being treated like "guests"?

game teaches you to do it as part of main story

Switch can record the last 5 min or so if you hold down the screenshot button. It won't be a webm though.

Yeah i know, still doesnt make sense

Pres "B A R R A L" during the core animation.

>Level 26
Damn i was level 14 when i beat Morag

i just use a card

I'm honestly afraid of fighting anything now. I'm just trying to blaze through the story and get Mythra, then go back to do some stuff.

I know, but It's disabled in this game. Maybe a performance issue?

>Leopard Blow
>Ether - One Target - Break - Adds 50% change to annul defense

Break Effects are great to have on party members, especially Nia since she already starts with one and Rex has a Topple Ability from Pyra.

>Pyra's shorts are completely see through in the back at night and you can see that thong go right up her ass crack

anyone else gotten orange rarity items from random monsters with ! on them? are they used for finding various unique monsters?

I'm considering buying a switch just for this fucking game.
Persuade me not to do it Veeky Forums

What sort of shop do you sell item sets at? I remember it being mentioned once in chapter 2, how selling junk in groups was more profitable.

I wish time didnt pass so fast, infact since you have the ability to sleep in a inn and literallt control the fucking time why not make it realistic? So 1 second in real life = 1 second in the game.

Do it you faggot

You can trade salvage stuff an the shop with a scale icon. Sell everything else anywhere.

This is not the game to showcase your switch with unless you find 500p impressive.

I finally figured out what on hit actually means. It's the level 3 portion of the chain.

Or unless he finds good gameplay impressive

This, Zelda, Mario all all good enough to make it worth buying a switch

Here is a JOP Sony fag's spoiler free honest opinion on this game, memes and console war excluded. I only played XB1 on PC emulated. Never bought a WiiU or a Wii. I love JRPGS and anime so take it with a grain of salt if you hate japanese culture. I'm 30 hours in and have not finished the game. The game is far from perfect but it's a very good game. Before this game I considered my switch a waste of money. This game alone made it worth every penny. I'll start with the bad then with the good.

The bad.
1. Resolution and Frame rate, even docked it's often under 720p and while almost always 30fps during fights, moving around in town shows obvious frame drops, never any less than 25fps. I know the Switch isn't the most powerful console but come on 720 at least.
2. The story tries to hard to pull on heart strings but it comes off a cheesy, not like Fiora's death that honestly made my blood boil
3. Fuck Core Crystals, just give me the lolis and the trap Flora/Hotaru, I would honestly just pay to unlock them

These complains are very minor or subjective

4. Some of the rare blade character designed really are bad , but not the main cast (Homura/Hikari/Nia/Hana). I'm talking about Kora, Nim, Vess.
5. The voice acting is a bit all over the place even in Japanese but you get used to it
6. Big monsters really are bullies, driving and coming up with a lvl 80 monster then getting 1 shot is funny the first time and the first time only
7. The mission system for your spare blades is very mobage and is tied to progression thankfully it's not that bad
8. Platforming areas when the game was not built for it
9. 2 hours of tutorials that don't explain everything the game has to offer
10. Multiple artist means a general lack of unity in character design

(1/3)

(re-post from /v/ because threads are getting deleted left and right even the non shit posting ones)

It might not be graphically impressive (I don't think it's that bad y'all a bunch of autists) but the landscapes are truly beautiful. I think that's what matters.

>Bought 99 Silver Capsules
>Done 74 so far
>15 common cores
>O N E white chest
holy fug they're so rare

Literally nobody cares. We're posting here because we're already playing it, not because we care about some random nobody's review.

>Only played BotW for 30 hours
The fuck?

>buy 99 silver capsules
>city ranks up
>they're now way cheaper
fugg

Can someone explain blade combos to me? I don't really understand how it works to be honest. Am i suppose to chain it after another? Eg. Rex -> Nia -> Tora? Does timing matter?

Some creatures take like 5 mins to kill despite being the same level as me. Is this normal?

I bought them all at 1k. City's already 5*

what are the weapon classes with launch?

I dont understand some of the combat things. What's the deal with the little diamond shaped icons on the top right sometimes? Also how do i know when im going to get a blade special and how do i know what level it is because the tutorial for combos said you need to layer the tiers of specials but i dont see any kind of indicator for what level my special is at so i just use it right away.

Dude
Who cares

Like, this is Level 3 Combo Autism

>All those Rare Drop Fetch Quests at the start of chapter 4
God damn it Mono, you did so good up until this point!

Mine's at 35 hours. Seems about right for BOTW.

I disagree, and I like Zelda. Not a Mario fan however.

I like it but I can't play just 1 game 24/7, shrines get boring and I don't like weapon duribility. Over all the combat just makes me feel like playing Dark Souls or Bloodborne. The best parts are the world and exploring. BotW ruined open world games for me, nothing will top it's exploration factor.

(2/3)

The Good

1. The best battle system in any JRPG I have played so far, the level of customization and complexity is exactly what I was looking for after the snore fest that Bravely Default and I am Setsuna were.
2. The main cast is amazing, well voiced, and they look great. I came for Hikari and stay for Nia, and Hana stole my heart, that furball is really cool topple for days.
3. Hana's growth system is unique and I really enjoy it I don't see myself ever replacing her just because I like to tinker
4. Exploration is some of the best in any game I have played. Every time I leave town and just go into the world I find something new in an area I have explored for hours. I keep finding secret places, hidden treasure, beautiful vistas, new bosses, go back to an area you have not been to in a while and you are sure to find something new
5. This game is BEAUTIFUL, I love just walking around and looking at things, something I never bothered with in most games. For example Gravity Daze never had me in awe just walking around town.
6. The world is alive, there are farms, woodcutters, stone masons, kids running around, you see the source of power for industry, residential areas. It's very well thought out. Not like Skyrim where you have 5 buildings in a town with no food source as a capital city.
7. The story has put a permanent smile on my face. Heart to Hearts, are just heart melting, like when Hana wakes up for the first time, or the hot spring scene.
8. The music is 10/10, I don't know where to start but it just always matches

I hope the DLC is going to be good

Any tips to grind for cores?

>1. The best battle system in any JRPG I have played so far

That you even managed to read that far into his points is astounding
No one who could come here and attempt to say so much could say less

I've just salvaged.

The gameplay is good, but isn't really impressive unless the only thing you've ever played is turn-based.

I just spent three hours feeding Boreas and now he's my strongest blade. I've barely passed tier 3 on any others just due to trust.

Someone just posted up a late-game non-story related battle against a named monster. Combat looks freaking awesome late into the game. If you want to see the full extent of the combat system late into Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I made a quick video of a non-story related video of it. THERE ARE SPOILERS IN IT. You've been warned. This is what prolonged battles look like against a high HP foe. Has spoilers.

youtube.com/watch?v=3YyZeR0ulHI

Why is everyone so triggered by an user posting his review? lol your outrage is worse than his posts.

>calling her anything but Pippi

youtube.com/watch?v=8ulG3-QJeAA

lol

(3/3)
The Good Continued:

9. While handheld mode gets shit on a lot, it still looks better than anything on the Vita or the 3ds. The Switch's screen is thankful small enough to hide a lot of the issues with resolution, the frame rates are not as bad as vita's slide shows like Atelier Ayesha and Shallie were. The 3ds isn't even worth mentioning in this category shit lags even in pokemon and even it's best looking games look like dog shit.
10. You actually have to pay attention to what you allies are doing and once you do the game goes to another level of complexity when you are setting up Break -> Topple -> Rising -> Smash combos. Knowing what skills your allies have avaible and when was the last time they switch blades takes you from wuss to chad.

Over all it's my GOTY, it was better than Persona 5 in terms of gameplay, maybe not story or characters but the SMT system is starting to wear on me, the dungeons managed to be worse than Tartarus. I'm not even sure if Nier should be compared to this but I didn't lose sleep over playing Nier. Star Ocean 5 which I played last year doesn't come close, Atelier Firis was horrible, pales to Arland and Atelier Violet. Berseria would give XBC2 a run for it's money in terms of gameplay and story but what really brings Berseria down is how the world didn't fit, monsters were sprinkled on randomly with no sense of world placement. All the NPCs just kinda stand in the same place and you don't really see the world as a living place you can get lost in. Beseria felt like a series of hallways and objectives. XBC2 feels like world to live in. Zelda:BotW's world exploration is arguably better, however shrines become repetitive really fast and exploring as well as battling feels pointless because. Also, it needed more dungeons like the Divine Beast

It's my GOTY. I am a weeb, take it how you will.

>Maining Nia
>20+ levels above the enemy and still doing no damage
Interesting

>this mad

Nice
You have to open the warehouse first right?

Japs are addicted to dense protags, it's horrible.

You chain them one after another by the element tree, from at least level l>ll>lll. You can chain ll>ll>lll for example. Doesn't matter who has what element, you can rotate through your blades for the right elements yourself. Think of it like Pyra's rank l, Nia's rank ll (steam bomb will become usable once she has it ready), then Pyra's rank lll, which will trigger a zoomed in scene of the attack along with the attack name. Using a rank lV attack however won't finish off the chain combo.

This is the spammer

Baten Kaitos III confirmed?!

Yes, you can break down the back door but the requirements for that are harder than getting 100k gold.

>I love just walking around and looking at things, something I never bothered with in most games. For example Gravity Daze never had me in awe just walking around town.
What a completely random comparison, especially since the point of Gravity Daze wasn't even walking around the town.

What are the best characters for each blade? Do you just put all attack blades on Rex and Zeke, Tank blades on Morag, and Healer blades on Nia?

mehmehmehmeh

>Playing the Gacha
>Unique Intro starts playing
>Get hype
>It's fucking Gorg

I shouldn't complain, my very first Rare Crystal in Gormott was KOS MOS and I got that neat darkness samurai dude as well but damn, these unique Blades have some incredible misses.

Is there a massive leap between city levels?
I'm at Gormott 3 now, and I want to know if it will take me an eternity of silver diving to hit 5

>finished the main story
I knew it was going to hurt, but not this much ;_;7

The top right diamond grid is the elemental tree you need to follow for combo attacks. The special blade art in the arts diamond grid on the lower right will gradually fill as you use arts and cancels, going from l>ll>lll and finally lV if you're standing next to your blade. The blade art itself has the ranking carved into the icon.

Pyra doujins when?

It's not the first time he's posted it. Here maybe, but I've seen it in other threads. I feel like I'm just going to see this shit copy pasted for days.

The announcer reminds me of BK2 a lot, I don't know if it was in Xenoblade 1 or X too.

But think of all the minutes he spent on his inane opinions
He DESERVES to post it for our lowly eyes to see

>the dungeons managed to be worse than Tartarus

on the bottom right i just have anchor shot, sword bash and double spinning edge and then an empty slot.

Eh, game is oright

I just got Perun, how is she?

Are cancels that blue circle thing that appear on your character?

>someone
fuck off kirinfang, you literally have no friends

>Say the game is my GOTY
>Suddenly I'm the spammer
It's no wonder everyone hates Nintendo fags. You guys deserve every shit post, but this game doesn't I hope it does well.

I only posted it on 1 other thread and it was immediately pruned.

Just ignore or hide it. You should not give (you)'s to people you think are shit posting.

P5 dungeons are shit, sorry bro.

Oi, you cheeky

Same, and we're not getting her to next level affinity for like 20 hours, apparently