/domg/ - Dominions General

Fire Bless Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 3000 units, 900 spells and 400 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>DOMINIONS 5 IS OUT.

>Where do I get it?
Currently only available on Steam.
store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

>Manual
Read it.
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5manual.pdf
illwinter.com/dom5/dom5tables.pdf

>Mod inspector
Coming sooner or later.
larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
The best way to learn how to play is to get stomped.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

>Debug mod
For testing stuff.
dropbox.com/s/gc9io6paebo4pj3/Debug_501.zip?dl=0

>How do I change the fonts?
Replace guifont.ttf, guifont_fancy.ttf and guifont_texty.ttf in the game folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dominions5\data usually).

>Completed games
Submit them here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuclmaCiRo8vcTztsKjPJxnBgRDE-E1uNvE5j0x5wDZMMhRA/viewform
Results:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxILAa3Y_O7Vk2NFhKAAQfStHqh1WJXMkGCim9sQ_ns/edit#gid=1292233344

>OP pastebin
Just copypaste it and link the previous thread.
pastebin.com/RbFWcFcU

>Drawfaggotry
dominionsdraws.imgur.com/

>Previous Pantokrator

Other urls found in this thread:

kiirno.github.io/annex.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ZnCMLyN4gQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=IRY93xEjSfw
youtube.com/watch?v=ABn1vPwpwug
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How the fuck do I script Dai Onis

Stygian Flesh is borderline useless on Turn 36.
I can't tell how useful the rest will be without knowing the nation. It'd be an okay mage bless on a blood nation without native D, but there aren't many of those and both of the ones I can think of use sacred troops in combat (Mictlan and Berytos).

Bless, Summon Earthpower, Soul Vortex, [It Depends] x2

Threadly reminder: If you take growth 3 and have Blood & Nature casters you're wasting design points.

Bless
Defensive Spell
Hold
Hold
Attack

why

As a mage, replace their heavy armor wiwth something low encumberace

Bless and Earthpower for fatigue removal
Then script to cast whatever spell you need. Dai Oni have high paths so they can cast battle enchantments or spam Shadow Blast.

As a thug, give them an AoE attack weapon and a shield (preferably vineshield)

Cast Phoenix Pyre 1st turn to avoid getting immediately gibbed
Cast Soul Vortex if against living units
Then cast Fatigue removal
Then cast defensive buffs if you still have a slot or two.

Reposting since new thread:

How's this for LA Marignon?

Casting Blood Fecundity on your major population centers gives it +2 growth, it only requires Blood Magic 4 research. Growth on low population areas is hardly anything, especially if you can't defend them from pillagers or other dominions.

Is that pic MA or LA Shinuyama/Jomon? ...I like it. I may have to get my weeb on. First though, lovely water elfs.

Installing Dom5 now. Expect shitbuild god in 20 minutes for you all to laugh at.

99% sure this is troll but -
>dumping blood slaves repeatedly to match what you get with scales
growth's worth the design points

It's sunday where is the dom5 inspector?

up your ass

i want a mod that removes the (incarnate only) tag from everything

thanks in advance

guys, what blesses would you choose for LA Atlantis? assuming imprisoned pretender (so no incarnate only) and shitload of scales

rekt

Abysia 2h file received
Agartha 2h file received
Atlantis 2h file received
Caelum 2h file received
C'tis 2h file received
Erytheia 2h file received
Jomon Waiting for 2h file
Lemuria Waiting for 2h file
Marignon 2h file received
Pangaea 2h file received
R'lyeh 2h file received
Ulm 2h file received

Take your turns you cucks.

Is an awake pretender for bogarus required Y/N?

Each additional blood slave increases it by a month, it's base is only 1 month. Blood slaves are cheap as fuck.

ok, redid my imprisoned bless. how does it look now?

what nation is this for?

ea agartha

I have no idea what you're trying to go for with this? Is this for some kinda freespawn? Why mountain survival?

Which nation
What are you trying to bless
Why [terrain] survival at all

Does withering weps affect mind blast?
Could be a funny meme if so.

pretty sure it doesn't affect mind blast or breath weapons

No, sadly. they don't affect natural ranged attacks.

>turn bullying an RP game

A new low

So uhm... Ys. How's my goddess? Call 1-800-I-GON-DIE

Seriously, I am so bad at this. How the fuck do I god?

it's been a long while since I played and I forgot how long imprisioned lasts for, but is the incarnate bless for anything important since you wont be able to use it for a while?

I need to engage my autism.

dormant I mean

>Takes humanoid pretender for anything other than a rainbow bless

Dormant lasts a year. I doubt I'll need the regen bonus for my sacreds before that point, especially as I'm underwater and only have MA Atlantis to contend with...

At least I think it was Atlantis... That or Ry'leh and regen won't help me against those cheesy fucks anyway...

BEHOLD, PEASANT

Is the admin around? This game has crashed llama 4 times in a row now and I can't even go AI. Please put it out of its misery.

I don't even know what the fuck rainbow bless IS man! Little help?

Bless effects could never be modded in any previous Dominions game, to my knowledge. I don't know if we have the tools to make that sort of mod.

Can I get some judgement on this though?

>no poison weapons
>no half-dead
>no swamp survival
>no +1 morale

it's like you're not even trying

For EA R'lyeh do I just
>use aboleths+lobo for early expansion
>build temple
>recruit polypal mother set to preach
once I've conquered the ocean then what? Start flooding coastal cities with masses of slave troopers until I get amulets of the fish for my aboleths/mindlords?

S 4 is a bad idea on your pretender, idk if blood rush will do a ton with mari's not so grand sacreds

My thought process was basically that since Marignon gets +1 fire, astral, and blood bless, I should make use of that. Is there a chassis where I can make that work?

>do 10 actions
>die of fatigue

If you're taking S you want a lot of it so you pretender doesn't just get instakilled by a couple of communioned mages.

3rd take on mictlan pretender, is it good enough? Be gentle with me, im new

Magic Duel only matters if you're planning to bring your pretender to battle.

Others can correct me if I'm wrong but...

>Use slave mages for research and combat magics, large numbers of them (or ones equipped with leadership stuff) can also be commanders, and are amphibious.
>Regular Aboleth commanders are not worth recruiting it just costs too damn much to bring em onto land and their upkeep is massive in comparison to your other mages. Stick to Abodai being sacred they have half upkeep so they don't rape your income while you wait for research and have a chance at death 2 for skull staves for Androdai.
>Androdai the coastal mages have all the paths the Aboleths have and can be mind vessel'd with mind lords to get a lot of astral magic.
>Lobo guards have 100% darkvision so a skull staff + 4 slaves will let you cast darkness and make them better.
>You have native paths for crystal and slave matrix(es) so you can use those to cast turn 1 defensive spells the new helmet that allows you to cast faster in battle will allow you to get antimagic off before wind of death (a big vulnerability for androdai) this basically means you never need to bring your Aboleths on land (if you pick up unaging and/or the MR astral blesses this is even more true)
>Your coastal fort mind blasters cost a shitton of fucking resources don't take sloth if you want to use decent numbers of them.

>once I've conquered the ocean then what? Start flooding coastal cities with masses of slave troopers until I get amulets of the fish for my aboleths/mindlords?
Keeping all of the above in mind you can use slave mages for early coastal operations with a bunch of lobos or buffed shamblers to hold the line for them if you do use slave troopers try to make sure you equip the slave prince with a crown of command (cons4 helmet) and a herald lance (cons4 1h) as both give +1 inspiration (morale) and will make them kind of on par with human troops. If using all the buffs + debuffs available to you the Atlantean slaves are the best since they have darkvision 100 and 12 prot.

Your chassis is still the best for that, but I'm not sure why you're trying to take him dormant instead of imprisoned. I don't play Marignon, but my guess would be something like an imprisoned B7S6F4 baphomet with blood vengeance, death explosion, arcane finesse, and major magic resistance with 7 dominion, growth 3, and 4 scales thrown wherever makes sense for marignon's needs.

Blood 7 gives you a powerful caster to summon your big ol demons or your big ol hordes of demons, S6 gets you out of the magic duel danger zone and gives you ring of sorcery crafting capabilities, and F4 gives you access to fire boosters and arch devils.
Blood vengeance + death explosion won't come online until much later, but you're not sacrificing a whole lot by picking them up, and it'll give you some serious chaff that will bite your opponent in the ass if they attack them or try to use AoE spells. Honestly not too sure about death explosion since I haven't tried it and you probably need 10 fire res to make sure you don't get killed by your own explosions, so if you want that you might want to drop a scale for two more in F for some native fire res. I don't know if arcane finesse affects blood vengeance, but it's still good for your national summons and your national sacred mages. Magic res raises your flagellent's terrible MR so they aren't as easy to fuck with.
Might want to take S7 so you can get +3 MR for your flagellants instead of just +2 and give you access to rings of wizardry. Might want to take M3 for research since you have cheap massable mages that double as blood searchers. G3 is good for income and blood hunting.

S5 with E2 gives access to rings of wizardry
S6 without E2 also gives access

Spell you want to consider casting with the slave mages include...

>Base no communion.
Rain and fire resist- against fire nations
Falling frost - very very shitty cannot emphasize this enough don't cast this if you have better options but useful if you are up against LOTS of low prot no cold resit shit.
Summon Water Elemental - better underwater due to regen but usable. used to be possible to buff these with ethereal and other shit like quickness to turn em into blenders it is now much more difficult with real time combat.
Quickness - very good for buffing elite troops gives attack defense and double actions.
Wave Warriors - half damage from most everything at the cost of damage.
>Communion/Low Level Astral
Luck spells - (luck, battle fortune, will of the fates) great at extending the lifespan of your chaff 75% chance to not die from anything.
Stellar Cascades- a little bit worse now that it is MR for half fatigue but against giants or unprotected elites it is a useful spell to help your guys hit.
Body Ethereal - something like a 75% chance to ignore a normal weapon pretty good at keeping your guys alive longer. Buffs the entire square so you can protect your communions against earthquake/rain of stones.
Antimagic - more MR
Wooden warriors/mass protection - good for giving your guys more prot on the cheap bring the slave guardians up to at least 16+ armor.
Haste - great for getting your troops into combat faster use if somebody is trying to use mass evocations against you so he has to suffer friendly fire.
Howl - great for wearing down the enemy and killing unprotected mages in the backlines
Relief- great for getting fatigue back (mostly for the communion)
Strength of Giants - more damage on whoever gets buffed
Iron Bane - most of your troops don't have armor helps level the playing field
Marble Warriors/Army of Lead/Gold - better and earthier version of wooden warriors.

And all the personal range spells for communion slaves.

How's this?

Forgot to spend that last fire point, but obviously I can only spend it on Superior Morale.

S5 doesn't get you rings of wizardry on a baphomet with no head slot. You are right that you only need S6 instead of S7, though. It's been a while, and I was thinking rings of sorcery only worked in battle instead of just not boosting elemental magic.

If you are really desperate/in the midgame you can arrange your mages so they cast enlarge, body ethereal, ironskin/protection, luck, and regen on nearby shamblers giving you size 4 regenerating, lucky, ethereal, tramplers with 10-20 prot whether this is worth it or not is up to you and can be applied to any army thugs or summons you may want to bring to battle.

This is a Sauromatia guide I found but it explains the above concept pretty well.
kiirno.github.io/annex.html

Last bit of advice I can give is consider taking a5 for a Staff of Storms if you are going to try to forge amulets of the fish because most of your troops don't have shields and having storm and darkness up will stop some of those projectiles. The alternative is recruiting indies with shields or your own archers to try to counter them.

It's about what I was thinking, but you should probably
1. get feedback from someone that's actually played Marignon
2. test that death explosion bless to see if it causes a chain reaction with your flagellants so you can make sure you don't gib your whole army from one flagellant dying
3. if it does gib your army, reconsider or make sure you can get access to enough fire resistance that it doesn't by the time you're needing your flagellants on the frontline

>imprisoned
>incarnate

>not playing the long game

please tell me if this is good

>Death Explosion without double fire resist bless

Enjoy half of your units dying to friendly fire

Fuck.

Which nation has the most powerful archers? I'm assuming it would be one with a sacred archer?

Now?

but why
archers are terrible, especially with the new combat engine

Caelum has the only sacred archers IIRC

There's also the Wardens of Avalon, but I doubt you'd be able to mass them as effectively.

Death explosion is a flat 10 damage with no DRN, right? Should be able to get away with either 5 or 10 fire res depending on your available buffs. I'd also ignore the "imprisoned incarnate" dude since it's just not worth sacrificing your scales, bless, and paths to get flagellants online earlier.

I would assume Man (the longbows) or Caelum with a weapon focused blessing.

s5 is the break point on s if you want astral anything, since it lets you magic boost forever

that's a good bless mix, inspirational presence and solar weapons are a favorite of mine for monkey nations, but it'd probably work just fine on mictlan sacreds

blood surge is bonkers

Alternative focus.

Forgot the picture, fuck.

Are most of the problems with the dom5 llamaserver fixed now? Should I host an EA game if so?

So something like this, maybe?

No, Death Explosion does have a DRN. Even with 15 fire res you'll still take the occasional loss. Without 15 fire res, as soon as an arrow touches your squad the whole damn thing explodes.

It's 1d6 exploding. You need 15 fire res minimum or your units will chain react. I get 20 (From Major Fire Resist and the 10 Fire and Shock resist from the Earth bless) to be 99% safe.

Game: NoMalakals2
Turn number 4
Next turn due: 02:25 GMT on Tuesday December 5th

Abysia Waiting for 2h file
Arcoscephale Waiting for 2h file
Atlantis Waiting for 2h file
Shinuyama Waiting for 2h file
Ashdod Waiting for 2h file
Nazca Waiting for 2h file
Ulm Waiting for 2h file

Nazca I swear to fuck.

And now I feel like an asshole.

I just submitted a double. Pls no bully

i AI'd because my pretender was shit and i felt like i was slowing you guys down

If it's 10 + 1d6 exploding I'd honestly just drop the death explosion idea, sounds like too much investment to make it work.

Who?

I'll probably just go with then

My only UW nation opposition AI'd? Good, good...

nigga there's no way to slow others down you should have just played it out

Kailasa

Is Dominion spread different now? Everyone is running so many low dominion levels pretenders now.

Is it in the manual?

Aboleths now have a ritual that allows them to walk on land in a human form.

IIRC, the main reason people took higher dominion levels was to protect their dominion against nations with 9/10 dominion in order to give the pretender awe. In Dom5, level 9/10 dominion doesn't give you Awe, so there's significantly less reason to take that much dominion, meaning you don't need as high a dominion level to protect from dominion kill.

How long ago did you play? There was a change a while back in dom 4 that let you drop to around 4 dominion instead of the standard 7.

>no diplomacy all week
>suddenly three messages at once
>one congratulates me on my play
>one gives me a cute greeting with no other context
>one asks me out on a joint military foray and definitely not a date

50% base and 5% per point of dominion.
dom 6 has the same spread chance as the old dom 8 which was like 10% per candle I think.

Ys here again.

Holy shit I am even worse than I thought and since when did MA Shinuyama throw around doomstacks that big?! How the fuck am I supposed to counter that with my armies struggling to crack 200 soldiers? Fuck this, I'll try again in the morning. Maybe it's monkey time...

>blood surge can be stacked
Why
Who thought this was balanced?

Does anyone have the sources for the music? I found some
youtube.com/watch?v=ZnCMLyN4gQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=IRY93xEjSfw
But i can't find the rest or other songs. (I'm pretty illiterate with music so I can't point out the instruments) but there's this really good song that I wanna find the source of.

it's not stacked
that's the timer one how many more rounds it will last for

youtube.com/watch?v=ABn1vPwpwug

So if you have a bless Blood Surge (3) you're paying way more just in case you go longer without killing someone?

not that one, the one I'm thinking is less vocal and more instrumental (a focal point of the song ascends and descends over and over, idk)

Are you retarded? You can't buy the bless more than once.

I demand to know what games are still open

Why did dude recommend heat 3 on Marignon, is it to melt rivers to give you an advantage with sailing? Just seems bad to me.