>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news

>Latest ESO Live
twitch
tv/bethesda

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
New Player Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/
en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor

>Making gold
youtube.com/watch?v=4i9gzyTCqIY

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @Zrifalas for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[PS4 EU] message PSN: RumpRustler for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write your @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is the game worth playing?
youtube.com/watch?v=wQVjj4AlkW4

Other urls found in this thread:

dlgamer.com/us/search?keywords=the elder scrolls online
g2a
kinguin
youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug
youtube.com/watch?v=_e5nvxe9JDE&t=181s
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Which edition should I get?
Gold if you don't plan to subscribe, Tamriel Unlimited if you're subbing right out of the gate. Subbing is totally optional, with its largest benefits being access to all DLC (but NOT "chapters," of which Morrowind is currently the only one), cash shop currency upon sub start/renewal, and the Craft Bag, which is shared between all your characters on a megaserver and holds all crafting materials, potentially freeing up a lot of space.

>Do I need Morrowind?
If you REALLY wanna go to Vvardenfell, play a Warden, or engage in the new PvP mode (Battlegrounds -- not the same as WoW's), yes. But there's a TON to do without it.

>Which faction should I choose?
Daggerfall Covenant: Most generic-fantasy faction. Humans and Orcs. Forests, haunted crags, and desert. Literally everyone who plays loves the leader.
Aldmeri Dominion: Elves and cats. Forests, forests, grassland, and savannah. Leader just wants everyone to get along. Under her rule.
Ebonheart Pact: Variety. Drunken vikings, Dark Elves, and lizards. Snow, volcanoes, and swampland. Leader has fuck all to do with most of the story. Probably too busy drinking.

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.com/us/search?keywords=the elder scrolls online (official reseller)
>======
There's been talk of stolen credit cards being used to buy keys, but a lot of people still get it through one of the following and have no problems:
>======
g2a
com/?search=elder%20scrolls%20online
>======
kinguin
net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder+scrolls+online (consensus suggests this is the least trustworthy)
>======
Of course there's always the main site and Steam. We do not suggest Steam, as it complicates installation (apparently people are having to download the game twice, and it's gigantic already) and, in theory, access, if the Steam servers go down. Maybe if their price is good enough.

>What is animation canceling? Is it worth learning?
youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug

first for magblade is the best magicka class in the whole game

That's right and painfully so
>tfw sorc
>tfw not best at anything any more

well you are the king of aoe

what should i do with undaunted keys
t. newfag who got one from dungeon rewards

save them until you're cp160

save it for cp160 unless you want a cool 1piece shoulder from the undaunted chest at whatever level you're at

What are you running on yours?
Thinking about using either War Maiden or Julianos with Willpower and MA staves until I can get some trial gear.

All of the guides and forum posts say all the dungeons are basically jokes until you get into the vets and 12 mans, and I have had no issue with it, but almost the rest of our guild has legitimate issues with fungal grotto
How do I make all these console plebs git gud

>has legitimate issues with fungal grotto
Which one specifically?
Sounds like they need to learn mechanics mostly as they are ez with even very low DPS.

What are the best abilities to spam for dps as nightblade?
Also, since you start with 500 crowns, is that "starter pack" with a horse and a bunch of stuff worth buying?
And what do I do with all those bound "treasures" I find throughout game? Can't sell, can't store, can't seem to find any use.

For stamina, the shadow ability.
For magicka, the siphon ability.
If you don't want to spend 10k on a horse then it is sure.
You sell them.

Is there some special place where I can sell them? I can't do it at any merchant I've found so far.

Go to the outlaw refuge in every zone except the starter zone.
There should be a fence there, the only ones worth laundering are the motifs and anything that says furnishing.

>2h tank
>Give him a chance because why not
>Half-way trough the first boss he transforms into a werewolf
youtube.com/watch?v=_e5nvxe9JDE&t=181s

So if I want to be dps, should I only be putting points into stamina?

yeah
if you're feeling low on health it's easier and cheaper to play with enchants, rather than fiddling with attributes all the time

Are hybrids viable yet?

salzor was this u?

ye

Sauce?

I used fungal grotto as an example because it is so far the absolute easiest dungeon I've done, but every dungeon we go through it's the same nightmare
The tank is trying to level his bow skill tree because "rangers are so OP in PVP I just need to get even", he's a fucking templar
Our next best DPS is a warden that has no idea what's going on at any given time, the man literally paid actual dollars to become a werewolf only to find out half way through a raid that it has actual in game effects and isn't just cosmetic And then the girlfriends always argue over who gets to be the healer when I switch rotating alts
Starting a guild of all friends was a mistake

>"I only queued as healer to shorten the waiting time lol"
>Vet WGT
I was at a loss for words

So could any end game player tell me how much DPS do I need for vet dungs, DLC vet dungs and vet trials?
I have about 23k on target dummy after self buffs, I finally finished all world quests and every normal dung and trial besides the Morrowind and Clockwork trials so I figured it's time to finally do vet shit.

They've always been viable

20k is more than enough for vet dungeons, 25k means the dlc ones will be a breeze assuming people know the mechanics.

My DPS is legit garbage and I still do DLC vet dungeons and normal trials fine. you'll be fine.

Are you talking about target dummy DPS?
Beacuse for some reason when it comes to real fights it drops from 23k to around 14k for some reason despite doing the same rotation (obviously I had to sometimes focus on keeping myself alive by running from attacks or self healing so a little dps drop is to be expected but 9k seems to be quite a big difference) is this normal? Or am I fucking something up?

I just don't want to feel like a useless sack of shit dragging the team down.

Also, is there any addon that tells you how much % of damage everyone (or at least you) dealt in the current dung?

pic

sorry, user, was asleep, this time

but i have these
incorporated into my template as follows:

>Builds and Guides
New Player Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit
Alcast/Deltia Guides: pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm

>The More You Know
- You can buy a horse for 10k gold at any Stablemaster. Find one on your map (in a town) and there will be a tab at the top of their interface.
- If you're looking for RP, the most famous place is Riften -- but player housing has diminished this.

You're doing well above average. I get similar numbers on my magblade, and that's only with crafted gear, no fancy farmed sets.

Go do some dungeons. You might not think you are good right now, but the first time you realise it's basically you carrying the group is an eye opener.

High end is 35-40k+, but realistically, that's just autismo level, there's no real reason to try achieve it.

What skills should I run for a pvp stamblade that uses the bow as a secondary? I'm having a hard time fitting Surprise Attack in there, if I even need it. My frontbar is Dizzying Swing, Ambush, Relentless Focus, Rally, Executioner, Flawless Dawnbreaker.
My backbar is just bow stuff with Shadow Image.

It's kinda shit in PVE, because as a higher level night-blade, you find you just don't have room or use for any of the cool skills that actually define the class. All stam characters are 2h warriors and all mag characters are staff casters.

PVP is a different matter because all AOEs are useless, which gives you a lot more space.

we did it, niggas

>dizzying swing
ambush already gives stun immunity, so dizzying swing is less useful. I'd slot surprise attack there
If you're in cp, i'd consider killer's blade over executioner. That way you can spec/gear for poison damage to make both bars hit harder, and executioner isn't really that strong in the 50-25% range anyway

Is doing Dolmens in Alik'r Desert the best way to level?

"best" is subjective, but I believe it is one of if not the fastest.

I'm not that crazy with my tank builds.

it's easily the most brainless, good for listening to podcasts

dawnbreaker of smiting is overperforming desu
it should have been LESS damage for the knock down and not more

what should I spend my free 500 crowns on

One (1) Crown Crate

save it
SAVE IT

Crown crate if you like to buy into the new that's killing the gaming industry
Or if you are a total faggot like my gf there's an adorable goat in the pet store who's pretty chill, I fucked up and bought the starter pack one day before the better one went on sale

Are there unlimited levels and skill points?

Do I miss out on skillpoints if I skip quests

Can I just keep going on the quest chain after leveling up on instances or do I have to skip ahead for more exp?

I have decent gear and I still get close to dying a lot on quests what do

Why do I see nothing but red items when I use a blacksmithing or clothing station or anything

How do I know what skills to use

Why are materials taking up so much space

>Are there unlimited levels and skill points?
no, almost 400 which is more than enough
>Do I miss out on skillpoints if I skip quests
only the alliances quests, main quest, mages guild quest and the main quest of each DLC
>Can I just keep going on the quest chain after leveling up on instances or do I have to skip ahead for more exp?
skip the fetcher quests, do the alliance ones
>I have decent gear and I still get close to dying a lot on quests what do
post your build
>Why do I see nothing but red items when I use a blacksmithing or clothing station or anything
because you don't have the passives to craft them
>How do I know what skills to use
you don't, just try them and see if they're effective
just remember that stamina skills damage scale with your stamina pool, same with magicka skills and magicka
>Why are materials taking up so much space
because Zo$ want people to buy ESO+ subscriptions

>Are there unlimited levels and skill points?
50 levels, so 50 skillpoints from leveling. You can get more skill points from quests and from acquiring skyshards (Every 3 = 1 skill point)

>skip quests
Pretty much impossible. You can always go back to them. But yes, some do have skill points in them. Most notably the main quest(s) and each zone's overarching plot quests.

>can I just keep going
Yep. You can go anywhere, do anything, leveling up is more about being able to get more skills and morph them in interesting ways than it is about "oh shit this guy's level 40 and I'm level 20 oh no I'm ded. Better come back in 20 levels."

>i get close to dying
Class, gear, what skills do you use, weapons, how have you allocated attributes? Do you eat food? Give us some deets, user.

>red items
A screenshot would help here, but that is probably stuff you don't have a style for or something? Hard to say when it's vague.

>skills
Pick either stamina or magicka. Invest your attribute points into the one you pick. If you go stam, grab medium armor, a bow, and two one-handed weapons (2hs are not great DPS but if you find them fun you can use them in overworld questing and stuff), slot weapon skills and some of your class skills - namely, if it gives a buff (like increased weapon damage) it doesn't matter if it costs magicka. You have enough magicka to cast it and you can use the buff to amp your stam stuff. For magicka get staves and light armor and use staff skills and some class skills. That's vague but it's not something easy to condense.

>why are mats taking up so much space
Because crafting is hell unless you're a sub.

Good luck user.

>Finally get ESO from trading
>Play for a bit and get completely overwhelmed and have no idea what I'm doing as a nord templar healer spear man
>Inventory filling up, smashing items for crafting even though the crafting is even more confusing and I have no idea what's going on
>Despite being completely at a loss, somewhat tempted to pick up the Morrowind expansion for $13ish just to confuse myself even more

I guess I'll take a look at those new player guides in the OP and try to decide if I've fucked myself or not. Whatever the case though I poked some guar so I'm satisfied.

>nord templar

you already fucked up

>guar killer
REEEEEE LEAVE THIS PLACE REE
THE GUAR IS SACRED

But user I always play a nord restoration/heavy armor/two-hander first in a TES game! Always!

Woah there. I poked some guar, poked. Not killed. I'm not a monster.

Remember before you start insulting someone; he might have cancer.

Is the PS4 version of the game worth playing? my computer is hilariously bad

The fuck did you do?

you fucking gave a guy cancer wtf

>argonian name
whatever you did he deserved it

>using the short time you've got left playing this game
>as an argonian fucking shit no less

glad he's got cancer desu

>But user I always play a nord restoration/heavy armor/two-hander first in a TES game! Always!
i've got one of those, too. because i don't give a FUUUUUUUUUUCK

well, sure, user. there's even a /tesog/ guild. well, two, one for NA, one for EU

jesus christ, user, what did you do?

just b urself for the first 300 hours

Tell us what you did, user.

trial today was fun, there should be more clumsy runs like it with fresh meat. everyone has to have a first try at a specific trial sometime after all

liggers are the best race in the game idiots

>level 38 gear, tanking like a god
>same gear at 48, almost tempted to use block for something other than sparkle attack
have to hold out 2 more levels

He got d/c at the beginning of the dungeon and managed to reconnect mid way. He was very angry about it and start blaming other ppl how it was their fault for his d/c, that's when I said something like "fuck you little shit head", he did calm down after that or just went quiet.
Now at the final boss someone read the HM scroll and he start bitching again so I told him to "shut up and tank". We were all 500cp+ so that shouldn't even be a problem.
For the record no one was grieving in the dungeon at all, only throw in some harsh language.

>blaming other people for his dc
Sounds like a faggot

>getting mad over a d/c
he deserves that cancer

yea he's enough of a shit to probably fake having cancer.

>blaming others for a dc

Sounds like their cancer is the body trying to be a better person.

kek

lmao

Is an argonian DPS sorcerer viable for endgame

For completing content, yeah.
For competitive scores, nah.

Please tell me you sent that.

>This thread

this but unironically

why do i have to pay to fast travel

you only pay if you don't run up to a wayshrine and click it to travel

You don't have to pay if you travel from wayshrine to another.

>victory by one second

yeah, he's NA

laziness tax

>people still trying to sell Thicketman mask for 25k+
>256 pages of results on TTC
no, you fags, i'm going to buy it once it breaks your spirit enough to list it for 5k though i think i paid like 17k for the Hollowjack Spectre mask, because i actually like that one

I honestly and unironically feel this might have been me, or if not I did this yesterday are Werewolves a no-no during dungeons?

1.What is the tank expected to do?
2.How do you do this as a werewolf?

There a specific server I should join if I'm lookin' for RP?

A big no-no.

ye, xbox eu

There's two servers, NA and EU. Why do I feel like you've asked this before?

Nah, first time here. Haven't played TESO since the beta back in 2014, so I didn't know if they had separate servers like SWTOR, for example.

Gentlemen, I need your help. I'm asking here because only the obsessive attention to detail of people who have played numerous games can possibly help me here. I want to know what my character sounds like. No, not his grunts or laughter from the chargen, I mean his actual speaking voice. For my Nord, it was easy. I recognize Crispin Freeman through the phone. But my Dark Elf uses the third voice, counting using the slider, from the chargen. Do ANY of you know just one NPC who shares that voice bank and can be spoken to? Either through simple VA recognition or maybe from hearing the same laughter or combat shouts elsewhere? This is driving me crazy, not because it's important, but just because I HAVE to know now. I SUSPECT it's the same VA who voices the Blacksmith in Davon's Watch, but I can't be sure because I cannot attack him to briefly hear his combat sounds.

Help me brothers

got me, lad. he ever make any other noises while he's walking about? sighing or anything?

I thought he was it too, but after learning he voices the Imperials in Skyrim, I can't hear even the slightest resemblance. I'm almost positive now that it's Joseph Gatt, the voice of Verandis Ravenwatch, Neramo, Raynor Vanos and Speaker Teranus even.

He does, but they're more breath than voice, if that makes sense. But when I listen to Verandis talk, then some of my character's laughs, I can really hear the resemblance.

very nice. think those numbers actually correspond to their list indices (or indeed are numbered there for that exact reason) time to go see if altmer 3 and dunmer 3 are the same

They aren't, sadly. Altmer #2 is the same as Dunmer #3.

there was supposed to be a fucking question mark after that right parenthesis

well goddamn

You guys are fucking heroes just for trying by the way. Thank you so much

Can I play Argonian Dragonknight? Is it good or am I fucking myself over by making one? I want to play best lizard.

Argonian Dragonknight is probably the best tank atm.

you can and it's good. makes the spines and wings and such look great, too.