/dfg/ - Dwarf Fortress General

ASCII Matrix Edition

Previous thread PLEASE NOTE: Dwarf Fortress has just received an update. If you play the newest version (44.02), be prepared for plentiful bugs and crashes. Do not complain about your bugs and crashes here, report them here: bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt

>Download the basic game here. Current version is Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02.
bay12games.com/dwarves/

>Official forums:
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php

>Find a bug? Don't tell us! Tell Toady! Complaining in the thread will accomplish nothing.
bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt

>Have a question? Check the wiki first:
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Main_Page

>Fireden archived threads:
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/Dwarf Fortress/

>Dwarf Therapist (updated for 44.02):
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=168411.0
github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist/releases

>DFHack (Out of date):
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139553.0
github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases

>Legends Viewer:
dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11455
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=154617.0

>Starter Pack (Alpha released for 44.02):
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.0
dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7622

>More DF stuff:
pastebin.com/AnsHjQ40

>Dwarf Fortress General IRC chat:
en.irc2go.com/webchat/?net=freenode&room=dwarffortress
(to connect yourself: webchat.freenode.net #dwarffortress)

>A bunch of guides to various parts of fort-based living:
imgur.com/a/nGyRF#0

>Video tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBrdUj1adIBD-vgUodaaxebcdqQ4oEWtg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD1A3FE72C0DCAC66 (Dated, but good)

>Text tutorials:
dwarffortresswiki.org/DF2014:Tutorials
members.iinet.net.au/~morty/Getting_Started_with_Dwarf_Fortress.pdf

>This pasta:
pastebin.com/iAduXzjn

Strike the earth!

Other urls found in this thread:

bay12forums.com/smf//index.php?topic=159164.msg7606864#msg7606864
bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>bay12forums.com/smf//index.php?topic=159164.msg7606864#msg7606864
>But we haven't really addressed what differences mean, since it doesn't generate trans people (if that's the right model for it), and there are no soul swapping spells. I don't think it's a straightforward implementation, overall -- trans characters in games generally lean on the fact that their in-game societies also have strong gender norms, which we don't have in DF to any meaningful degree (eg, gender-restricted clothing etc.). There's a sort of trans-erasing assertion sitting there, which is bad (ie, it asserts trans people don't exist without such norms), but I think it's complicated to sort out the way things are structured, and I don't have a clear road forward (eg, how do we handle pronouns in the heterogeneous body/soul case without it looking like a simple bug to report -- the character needs a larger world model within which to state their identity).
Sounds like he is plannind on adding trans people to me.
I think the only one who is shitposting is you buddy, how about you go away and let us talk about the game

first for kobold waifus

The Rux claim this thread.

fuck

how do I zoom out/in without a scroll wheel?

look in the keybinds menu

help why is my guy stuck here??

is this loss

Is the tourney the worst thing that has ever happened to /dfg/?

I can tolerate pretty low fps, anything less than 5 starts to wear on me though. I need to see if I can make my 246 dwarf fortress more efficient because it's hovering around 5-8 fps right now, but I'm pretty sure I could fix a few things like making a less crowded tavern and rampcases.

>I need to see if I can make my 246 dwarf fortress more efficient
Just kill anyone who has less than Legendary skill. Repeat.

dfhack update when

Wednesday

Non-ASCII tilesets users should be gassed

It's a bait image he posts every thread.

Once it's around 10FPS I hopefully already have enough infrastructure up and running that I only need to bother even looking at my fort to get past pauses or give a very specific work order, at that point I'm not playing so much as waiting to see what can happen. Would be very nice to have the option to wall something off and then set the contained area to be forgotten, taking it off of my display entirely and letting it be mostly abstracted. Would be nice to do that to my unused cavern layers, the circus, and especially the outside.

>swordsdwarf likes spears
>speardwarf likes battle axes

wew lad

comfy

kek at this autist running around the map

just realized why he's panicking so much

he keeps running off to the undead troops with "give food" as his job
i assume he's trying to get at their backpack's food stores to feed his buddies with
he's not scared of the undead since he's a necro, but the undead take potshots at him as he approaches, scaring him off

So apparently in this update if you have enough wealth (millions of dorfbux) EVERYONE will come to your tavern. So if you have 200 civs EVERY SINGLE ONE will send a spy.
>lel

I get so many HUMAN visitors. Its crazy. I love / hate it. I need to get them to die, by invasion or something. That would be awesome. They can die for my Tavern :)

Wealth has nothing to do with it.

Is it artifacts then? Because my dorfs made three artifacts each worth over 1 million dorfbux and suddenly I had 300 visitors.

thanks lads

No you autist, all he’s saying is that it’s complicated, but he is sympathetic to the idea. If anything it’s a cop out for not doing it because gender doesn’t play enough of a role in DF for trans people to exist. He is basically saying it would serve no purpose to have trans people and wouldn’t affect the game aside from making it look confusing by having pronouns that don’t readily apply to the sex of the dwarf

You fags are confusing sympathy to something with foaming at the mouth ready to implement it. Toady doesn’t want to erase cis white men, he cares about creating an open space for all people, but he’s acknowledging that DF is in many ways fundamentally different from our society and what is culturally accepted/reviled/real in this society might not readily transfer into his fictionalized universe.

It's a bug. It just happens regardless of anything.

Toady is going to implement shitting, pissing, and gay sex soon.

Or he will meet an "accident".

We are the Trans Community, expect us.

Take your fake victimhood and use it to flip your dick inside out so you can finally go fuck your deformed and fleshy vagina instead of sticking the plunger handle up your ass when your roommate is out delivering pizza

No it doesn't.

I tested it, the more artifacts you have the more spies you have. And spies and visitors can carry artifacts.

Yes it does. Everyone is having this problem. Like 100 show up and ignore visitor cap, or more, if you don’t cull them

Lmao. I literally changed the visitor cap to 0 to test it.The ones that don't leave are spies. But the spies increase if you make more artifacts.

If you can make any of them citizens, they make good shock troops for any military force. They often can make up for a lack of martial skill with their great size, and are often easily integrated into your society due to similar values.

You need tavern/inn rooms to get (P)etetions right?

I think so, yes. I don't think I've ever gotten a petition for citizenship without them. This was my solution, pic related. If they want creature comforts they can go on patrol and fill up their waterskins with some of my godly liquor. Plenty of room for more beds if I ever wanted to cram in more humies.

Well it doesn't seem he's saying that to me, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

So how and when do dwarves equip amulets and trinkets?

They occasionally steal them for themselves while hauling

If they like something they take it.

Until economy update they are gommunist.

alright guys get this, this something original and amazing i came up with for a brand new dwarf fortress mod okay:

Dwarves
Dabbing.

What social implications will this cause? Will there be dabbing contests in world gen? Will it be a symbol of hatred or a symbol of love? Or a motion so detested that it's regarded as a sign of degeneracy and only accepted by Elves?

>lets make dwarves NIGGERS
user please, just kill me. I can't take nigger dwarven trannies.

It was inevitable.

>gay nigger dwarven trannies.
ftfy

Why doesn't the creator of DF have a GF!?

>being interested in something so insignificant as carnal pleasures and unnecessary relationships as a genius working on his magnum opus

I really want a syndrome that turns creatures gay. Imagine a demon using dust to turn things gay.

Dabbing should be a need, and there should be a personality modifier that would dictate whether the dwarf likes dabbing or not, so that if a dwarf likes dabbing he will get a happy thought if he dabs or sees someone dabbing, meanwhile if he doesn't like it he won't dab and he will get an unhappy though when he sees someone dabbing, if the dwarf doesn't care about dabbing he won't dab, but won't get a happy or unhappy thought when he sees a dwarf dab.

>playing fort mode
>FPS suddenly drops to 0FPS for no reason
thanks toady

>Do not complain about your bugs and crashes here, report them here: bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt
>Do not complain about your bugs and crashes here, report them here: bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt

Why are there no Dwarves of Colour?

There are, but you don't play the game so you wouldn't know that.

there literal are dumbass

haha, excellent trolling my man!

I know the first post I'm responding to is a troll post, but it gives me an excuse to post this, which is something I enjoy.

More importantly why doesn't Toady have a catgirl who lives under his bed and relieves him of stress from time to time by sucking his cum out of him and thereby transferring his stress out of him converting it to a creamy white milk she can lap up like the cat girl whomst she is?

very cool

catgirl (male)

my fort is full of FUCKING ELVES

>not having a tavern for foreigners seperate from main dining room

>complaining about tons of elf pussy (male)

He already has Scamps for that

>Urist Longfoot has relieved his sexual emergency with cat (male)

What did he actually mean by this???

He had his penis removed in 2003.

He has sacrificed love for his auti-- I mean, art.

I do unironically wish food was harder to obtain.

It's just so easy to feed dorfs.

>australians wake up
>shitpostimg in the thread become more intense
Huh

make them carnivores

I think a nutritional system would serve nicely.

Because there's literally no reason to not just have infinite plump helmet farms other than the slight happiness boost that meals give you.

i accidentally made a penis temple

>nutritional system
Urist has Vitamin K deficiency
Latent homosexual tendies

God I want to be Toadies nutritional system so bad, he needs a girl to give help make his cummies so he doesn't get all that built up stress. I could live in a cage at the front of his house and when he needs me he can unlock me and put that Toad cock deep down my cunt haha lol like what if? My fantasy. I want you Toady.

Are there randomly gen gods in DF?

Also HEIL Hitler 4188 we must presage the white race, Jews are evil etc and YOU SIR ARE A REPRESSED HOMOSEXUAL.

Very, very cool.
Maybe a bit simpler than that, something that just punishes basing your entire forts diet on pigs and plump helmets.

I want Toady to impregnate me, I think my bf would agree because he loves playing Toady's game and might even want to lick his cum out of my pussy when we are done BANGing. You think enough would get in me so I'd still get pregnant and some would be left for my boyfriend?

what the fuck has happened to this general

Toady is not a pedophile, please stop spreading that rumor around okay?

Mostly people being burnt out on talking about the same game for so long, so there's nothing to talk about and people make their own fun.

That's Veeky Forums in a nutshell.

It wasn't like this before the update. It was a different kind of shitty.

Its unironically just one guy. Haven't you ever noticed that all the replies get deleted at once when you report this stuff? That happens because when you get banned, all your posts are deleted. Actually yeah. Everyone try and report a single shitpost and watch the entire chain end up deleted.

It's not right to spread rumores about Toady, he is not a white supremacist and he is NOT plotting to take over his town and turn it into new Germany, capital of the North American reich. Also I want his babies, I'm black, think he wants me too?

It's more than just me user, there's at least 1 other shitposter here. I'm just trying to keep the thread alive and also I really do feel bad for Toady's lonely state of mind. I'll stop if it is so annoying, sheesh, I'm sorry.

If you want to keep the thread alive you should try making OC of some kind. Just post some semi-regular updates of a fort you've been working on, or an adventurer's quest. Stuff that contributes and is fun to read about. Bumping a thread is a good intention, but it won't help if it just makes people not want to come here.

Well, here we go. I decided to install mods.

Yeah but the Toady went and mentioned tranny dwarves

Archiveanon here. It usually goes to shit in the couple of months before and after an update, but seems in the last 6 months we've been getting some trolls that have figured out how to bait /dfg/

Best thing you can do is report and ignore. They'll fuck off once people stop giving them replies.
>vpl guy
>ASCII autist that cares too much about how people pay a single player game
>Guy bringing up politics every 5 min
>"Fukken gay dwarves" guy
Just stop giving them (You)s. It's not hard.

We get a lot of newfriends from VEE and Reddit after updates

Dfg is the slowest living general. You don't have to worry about bumping it m.

What about the >tfw DF creator has no GF guy? WHAT ABOUT HIM?

I'm not trolling, I just wish people stopped using graphic tilesets as acritch, they'd enjoy the game more if they did that.

Interesting troupe.

Anybody have any luck investigating empty sites?

I usually come back with a prize or two if artifacts are rumored to be there, yeah.