/nioh/- Nioh General

Okatsu will never be real Edition

>ignored Spirit
>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt
FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#
Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Lmao

Should I respec out of 1kat/heavy armor? Did a few missions in WotW and getting super bored of 1kat.

Farming for new stuff on the bridge mission revenants and not finding anything fun sounding yet

What are you farming, /niohg/?

fucking shit
I just want to help people

>Host is in NG+
>Doesn't seem to notice the pressure plates on the ground
>As he runs by them and starts hitting an enemy, I run in front of the arrows and block them
>Am an onmyo mage so I one shot all of the stone statue enemies with water shot
>Combo the fuck out of the larger enemies and dodge everything which looks fancy as fuck because tonfa always looks fancy
>Get to boss
>Debuff, double elemental him for permastagger
>Combo the fuck out of him
>Run him out of ki and grapple kill him for the last hit
>Feel like a fucking badass
>Get a smithing text for it

There are those odd summons where it isn't just a boss fight, and it's not in NG, where it feels good man.

Oh I want to add, can revenants not drop ethereals? Been here for a while now and I see plenty with orange pieces, yet they never drop anything

It's a 5% chance or some shit.

Yeah I thought I was gonna brick out at 28 but I got him.

I'm thinking about taking onmyo magic to 99 but I feel like I'd be gimping the fuck out of myself, since I currently only use onmyo magic for bosses and nothing else. Even if I had as many points as I wanted to ready spells, I'd only have 9 shots of each element. And right now they only do like, 2k-3k each even with as much onmyo magic power as I can stack.

What do? Just max skill then do magic second or something?

I actually used it to one-two shot alot of trash on my way to the boss since there's usually a shrine close by.

I mean, I could absolutely do that, but most things die really quickly in the DLC on NG currently, and in early NG+. I mostly just use the spells for elemental debuffs on large enemies or bosses right now. I liked the idea of playing an onmyo muscle wizard, but you just don't get enough charges of spells/they don't do enough damage/it's too hard to stack damage for onmyo.

If unlimited onmyo was easier to get a high % of I think I could play an almost purely onmyo mage, honestly. 15% from that one spirit, then like 5% per gear you have it on, it's just not very reliable.

It's a really small chance and they only drop a set that's fixed, and has randomized stats.

If I want to get hold of all the Haybusa items, especially Izuna Drop, would I be better off doing it in Way of the Strong or Way of the Samurai?

I can consistently beat him in Strong, but it'd naturally go much faster in Samurai.

Around what floor does Abyss starting giving good stuff? I'm on Wise and figured it was about time to try this place

Samurai

Is this what people call a LW cheese build?

I realized that I had a spell this entire time that gave me amrita on hit.

>LW requires no skill

What is this picture and text trying to convey? I don't understand whether you agree or disagree with your statement.

To be fair though, living weapon takes more skill than ninjutsu. Saw some guy spamming shurikens for like 5k each and was perma-staggering the enemy out of animations. That's some "skill" right there.

apparently everything
fuck hanzo

Making ninja work in the endgame is a ridiculous grind, at least.

Is the tonfa worth using over kusarigama? What should I couple it with? A spear for dat body?

Surprised that worked cause it seems to me like when I tried to block arrows for someone they just went through and hit them anyway.

I had to do it like three times, he kept missing the plates and just standing right in the way of being hit.

>Making ninja work in the endgame is a ridiculous grind, at least.

Yeah cause spamming crafting to get 2x throw damage is grindan amirite

I feel like even LW users still have to be mindful of certain things as much as they like to faceroll. Like the happy trail Wheelmonks leave behind, multi-hit attacks that destroy Ki, and things that inflict debuffs like Lightning/Paralysis

Finally got to Floor 36 again and got 6 (7 with the -1 accessory) Susano pieces, I'm still at 100% firearms reduction and am about to do a test run to see if my damage increased much or not.

I'm so confused about this defiled item stuff. got a few in the abyss and I think they're supposed to turn into real items after the run right? Not seeing them anywhere

>and I think they're supposed to turn into real items after the run right?
Yes.
You can also defile your own stuff at shrines.

Is there a way to easily check what items were undefiled? Like I picked up quite a few over the course and can't remember which were it.

They have a chance to turn Ethereal (depending on how many Floors you clear, up to 3). You can find them in your items tab (not your equipment one), and they're blue color coded.
You can Defile them yourself, but it takes Droplets of Decay which are rare-ish and a ton of Amrita depending on the level of the item.

>Is there a way to easily check what items were undefiled?
It will show you after you exit the abyss.

You can only check that out after you leave the Abyss by defeating a boss and taking the Floaty light orb, in the debriefing it'll show which ones stayed normal and which ones got upgraded.

Oh, I must have not noticed, thanks.

How does the Easy Target effect on the poop hat work? Is it like a permanent Yokai Incense type thing or does it just make enemies you're already fighting target you instead of your co-op partner?

>still no Odachi text

>mfw I thought cooping Umi-bozu was bad
>mfw trying to lead people through the Yokai infested hellhole that is Sekigahara
I hurt myself today...

Anybody wanna Yokai Realm Murky Demon Realm on WotN? PC

Getting real tired of helping WotS players

I got Monohoshizao off some faggit in abyss.

Fuck it why not
You have a pass or no?

You know you can change the difficulty in yokai realm, right?

Doing random encounters, dont feel like setting a mission

Yeah. You don't have to set a mission.

I've been co-oping all day to farm glory and climb ranks in my clan, and I don't mind WOTS players as long as they don't die to stupid shit. If we finish the level, I don't care.

You have to beat WoTN to do that I believe though.

Setting it up right now, pass is "niohg"

What's the /official/ niohg clan?

The one that gives you what you need.

It's Ishida :^)

Any and every character in this game with a grab is a fucking faggot like seriously.

There was also something about having some control over the gace set you recieve? I've been trying to get Takeminakata's Grace but I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

I've never had so much aids as I've had fighting this mitsunari faggot on 31 of abyss. He went from being a pushover faggot to a fucking legend.

I hate Dwellers for this reason. It's hard to see the tell for their grabs. It's never deadly but it's annoying.

PSA that Tonfa Mid Strong attack has abnormal status buildup.

>tfw finish the first region with 97 deaths

Grabs pretty much all have some combination of a really short range, a really long startup animation or a very noticeable black mist effect. You just gotta keep your positioning right and know when to get out.
Shit nigga they charge it up for at least a full second.

The grace pool depends on the floor you leave at. There are 3 pools, and you can check what pool the floor has with a bit of math. If you want Takeminakata's, a good floor to leave is 37 because 37 mod 3 = 1. Start at 3-4 floors before the floor you're planning on leaving on (33 or 34 in this case) and save scum before you leave.

>Amaterasu / Susano / Tsukuyomi etc (aka old graces)
mod 3 = 0

>Magatsuhi / Izanami / Kkona / Kushinada / Futsunushi / Izanagi / Takeminakata / Okuninushi
mod 3 = 1

>Tajikarao / Sakuyahime / Omoikane / Sarutahiko / Ninigi / Izanami / Ame-no Uzume
mod 3 = 2

Use google or some modulo calculator

gg, that lag grab from the Rokurokubi is such bullshit in coop

And the Snowclops was aggro'd towards you and decided to butt stomp me instead ;_;

Tell that to mitsunari with his fucking lemme just insta dive on your fucking face.

Gg. Yeah unless you are spamming iframes all day in lag you get grabbed from across the room, what a load of shit.

oh and that faggot spear dude sakon or whatever with his 1inch punch grab that's fucking no windup either.

Why didn't you have quick-change on

That's about a second long too, and he flies right up into the air. He's already got yokai Ki so you should be in the habit of dodging and countering already.
He usually does that if you block for too long or after he dashes, plus it's got pretty short range. Just don't be so careless when attacking.

That grab does some weird shit in co-op. A lot of the times I'll see him just grab and stab thin air.

Doesn't work on lower floors?

>see smoke indicating grab
>staying in mid stance
>BLOCKING

>ZAWARUDO.webm

Should work from floor 21 onwards (aka WotW), 36-38 is just what most people use when defiling for graces

I figured it would be more fun to do the level without it

I was too busy looking at my friend and was going to duck out at the last second, that was before I knew about the Rokurokubi vacuum grab shenanigans

Which one has the second long air time cause this nigger don't maybe if your on wotsam or some shit.

>got texts for every fucking wooden weapon, bastard sword and PICKAXE instead of the one i want

I'm on WotW yet I can't go above 20/

Just watch him next time he does it.

Momentum or Firm Resolve?

Anyone tried this out before?

What's the max level you can get gaurdian spirits to? 40?

Trust me chief I'm watching you can watch too.

What's the best way to apply saturation? All the water spirits are gimmicky and Geyser Shot is complete shit. Should I just buff my weapon with water?

How would I go about making a Yukimura build?

The only set of his that seems any good is Last Great General I assume. Moth waifu GS doesn't seem very good.

Guess it'd be slightly LW spammy, but with spear, but spears I hear aren't very good in LW.

Guess I'll take a fire onmyo enchant, any damage buffs or debuffs, uhm.. Extraction and Pleiades Talisman since Yukimura wouldn't use spirit stones to get his LW up.

I'll need any +fire damage I can get I guess, not sure all of it I can get. Might ignore the wind stuff, most games besides this they seem to focus on fire for him. Though focusing on one element might gimp me with nothing to cause confusion

momentum unless you tend to trade hits like a retard

Whats the pvp level?

>Guess it'd be slightly LW spammy, but with spear, but spears I hear aren't very good in LW.
Spear LW is on par with Odachi and Kusarigama.

Already did those too, but that twilight missions too is pure bullshit

That webm has the full attack animation and it lasts a second, just like I said. Even has two puffs of smoke.

>Yoki Relm
>Return of the Gourd WotN
>Obvious cheater
>Burns all the bar, keeps dieing
>Leaves me last alive then parts ways when only two bosses are left.
Common bru

I dislike any enemy that uses lightning

He grabs you on the way down not once he hits the ground. If you're attacking at all he jumps you're fucking caught.

He only gets low enough to actually grab you near the end when he dives. Anything short of a high stance strong gives you enough time to dodge out of it.

Firm Resolve. Firm Resolve allows you to play agressive, I never ran into Ki problem when im using 2kat.

Why are there so many double boss fights? They cause me no end of butthurt.

What are the actual numbers on the defense buff it gives you anyway? If it was actually decent and/or percentage based I'd maybe try swapping to it.

They keep trying to make autists push the limits of what's possible. The easiest (and most retarded) way to do it is to throw a bunch of bosses together.

Can someone come help me with this boss on abyss 31 so I don't lose all my shit. This guy is a brick wall compared to the boss before him.

Sure. Offer a cup

I said this before... But it's really annoying especially considering how doable and fun Nobunaga is by himself. Both of the bosses they pair him with make him into a nightmare.

... I had my quick change up. Fml.

it happens sometimes cups there.

sure? is this game even cross console cuz im on a ps4?