/lhg/ - Light's Hope General

Light's Hope is a Vanilla WoW Private Server, it's the new and improved version of Elysium, they cut out the corrupt owners and rebranded. New realmlist, same worldsave.

Guild:
Alliance faction, you can join if you're leveling. Currently there are two guilds clearing full MC and BWL looking forward to AQ

>Server info
twitter.com/LightsHopeWoW
LH Discord (discordapp.com/invite/mraKxcU)
(lightshope.org/)

>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org

>Addons pack (some out of date like KLH Threat Meter)
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

>Leveling Guide (specs unreliable for some classes use at own risk, play what you want or ask in the thread for more info):
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>Download the client without torrent (direct download):
mega.nz/#!e4cjFT5L!7VvX-yAlJ87KdU-6BNQVlhoYY5_YdnYW3WezYsVrYgI

>I have the client! What now?
Open realmlist.wtf and Set realmlist logon.lightshope.org
make an account on their site and thats it, enjoy the videogame

>Raid/char/item drop info:
realmplayers.com/

>WoD models (place MPQ in data, rename file to patch-3.mpq)
mediafire.com/file/v107ncj1j27x85x/patch-3.mpq

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

classicwowtalents.appspot.com/index.html?talent=1124125_6
wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Changes_between_Patch_1.11_Naxxramas_and_Patch_3.0_Naxxramas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Horde guild is
We finally cleared ZG! Kind of slow/embarrassing but I'm still proud/excited about us finally getting a foot in the door
Join if you wanna start moving up progression with us or if you just wanna hang out in our comfy guild

wow' i'm having so much fun playing on LIGHTS HOPE the fresh new server without any Chinese and with properly tuned content

LOL

congrats dude i'm rooting for you guys too

>not just getting a fresh start on everyst where you will be the most respected horde guild on the server

sniffhow pls redeem us

Everyst is literally stock mangos
I may as well invent a time machine go back a few years and play on peenix

>mfw retail vanilla
>my fucking e-penis when I can tell all the retail babbies what exactly to do in dungeons like and they treat me as a god for teaching them and giving them smooth run after they spent 4 hours wiping in the exact dungeon yesterday with full retail babby group

it's literally the latest lights hope fork and you can verify that on GitHub you jew

If you say so all I know is I killed a scorpid and got peacebloom

>why won't people join us our mascot is an avatarfag like moh!!

It's not that bad, it's basically lights hope core, which is mangos with some fixes, but the issue is they have no devs, no pop, and /pol/tards running the place.

>people saying things i disagree with is a major problem

>another alliance chimps out to compensate for low test episode

is this guild Veeky Forums or the search in /world?

It kinda saddens me that we never had the holy grail of a vanilla project before retail release.

>both Veeky Forums guild GMs keyboard turn, have no binds and post 6 second long webms of themselves with own name enabled

so this is the true power ... of trannies. . .

who very skilled here?

where's the keyboard turn?

>bullying Manlett
He's unironically a nice guy

GET SOME BINDS YOU APE

>5k t2 mage vs 3k hp "hello i just dinged" lock

why
is this gold buying

I saw somewhere Kronos 3 gonna be a PvE server?

It's been almost 3 years and Kronos is still the only server to have NPCs become suspicious of stealthed players instead of instantly becoming aggro'd and attacking.

I don't think so, dear.

I litrally just tested it on Chink's Hope

is horde projecting their insecurities?

oh sweetie ...

>idiot goes into pvp with no gear
>im supposed to carebear him
umm no sweetie.
if you aren't in t2 you shouldn't be queueing

>nidvardir

anyone here smoke weed?

>choccypuds

I miss her. . .

This.

There should be minimum of rank 10 so you can queue battlegrounds 2bh famalam baka

Why literally WHY the FUCK are there LITERALLY zero I mean NO TBC servers I MEAN seriously?

NPCs get suspicious first on Light's Hope, but the problem is their detection is still way too damn high that they aggro almost immediately after getting suspicious. You literally have to get improved stealth talents in order to function as a rogue/druid

open source code available is shit

>have to get improved stealth talents

'no'

+anything except arcane damage is valuable as fuck

+healing gear outside of wands is not valuable.

>tfw Everyst thread has been up since Friday
It's sad they didn't even get to make a second thread

Has there been A N Y private vanilla server in which the horde have been dominant?
Cucked by girls (male) in teal dresses, how will the horde ever recover?

we're on our 2nd thread faggot and about to be on our 3rd

you are high? of course it is. Its why it sells for so much. Ive seen people gladly pay 100g+ for those pieces

Has alliance ever won an AV on lightbringer?

from neutral to exalted I won 3 avs so yes.

Ive literally not been in a single winning AV game. half the time we are being camped. what times do you play

classicwowtalents.appspot.com/index.html?talent=1124125_6
Here is the talent trees from 1.1.2.4125 - Dec 6, 2004 before the 1.12.1.5875 patch we use most often today on private servers.
Bottom left has an option to swap between 1.1 and 1.12.
What in God's fucking name were they thinking with Hunter and Paladin...

>tfw you will live to see patch 1.13

>it has flying in azeroth and lootcrates

spoiler this but yes ur right

>muh flying ruins world PvP

only reason Vanilla didn't have flying is hardware limitations. Classic will have flying, improved graphics, Nostlike 21k server pop and the game will be better for it.

wPVP is the least of the problems with flying, _my_ problem with Flying in Azeroth is that both continents were designed from the ground up to be experienced from the ground. The sense of scale is only maintained when you are forced to go the long way around. The second you can fly, even if it's at "epic mount" speed, the illusion of scale is ruined.

Why is it so ass backwards on lightbringer? I remember AV was the only bg alliance could consistently win. Doesn't ally have a map advantage?

What's the best weapon enchant at 60 for a slow 2H?

all the skilled players like Monkeynews are on Alliance so it only seems like Alliance has the advantage.

>f-flying won't be bad for the game
I want to remind you that this is what the coastline north of Stormwind looks like in retail to this day, years and years after Cata.

>>>>>>>>>>>>classic will have flying
>hardware limitations

They design around and with those limitations. Since this is a legacy game, they have to adhere to a world designed in the early 2000s and not fuck it up.

>design around and with those limitations

I get that this is a shit-post, but even if blizzard wanted flying in vanilla they wouldn't be willing to spend the resources required to actually do it.

It took them literally fucking months working non-stop to figure out how to get flying working in WoD. Yes, even in a current expansion their game is still a mess of spaghetti code that is impossible to program. They would constantly make posts losing their shit over the fact they couldn't figure out how to get people to be able to fly out of their garrisons without the entire game crashing and other stupid shit.

This seems inevitable for every decade and older game that still gets updates. I wouldn't mind if they just spent a few months on cruft clean up and optimization.

berfection

ive had my fill of vanilla servers and been itching to try out tbc again.... wotlk made shit too easy, i think tbc had a good balance for pve content

W A R M A N E
A
R
M
A
N
E

Good 1x Burning Crusade server when?

p-please

>the only 1x server they have is dead as fuck

Try again

>dead as fuck

What are the chances Kronos III will be PvE?

>tfw no wod models patch for TBC client

official Legacy is going to have wodels on their BC server.

Ok let me just wait for 3 years

>needing wod models

pleb

>wanting to look at two-polygon outdated graphics

How can vanillalets compete with THIS???

real shame they made tauren into overly emotive meme furry shit
i wish they would have kept the inner peace stonefaced look to them

How do the orcs keep getting all the elf women... it isn't fair bros...

that comparison is from 6.0
they overhauled the female human faces again in 6.1

am I racist or do they all look the same

anime. not even once.

PLEASE RESPOND TO MY POST

show this to everyone asking for updated graphics

gz sniff. Hope you guys continue the run of form and clear MC.
Maybe I'll finish leveling my horde alt after all.

show us old tauren vs new tauren

literally nil. if it's a pve server i'll kill myself on stream

>Wiki: The base chance to miss with maximum weapon skill against an opponent of equal level is 5% for two handed
Yet most guides say you need 8% for yellows. What should I believe?

"against an opponent of equal level" is the key here

who here /adultdiapies/?
dropping fat nugs right now and dont even care because im gonna shower before sleep anyway
toiletcucks btfo

Don't pretend it's skill then.

>there were 895,000 level 60 players in the US at the end of vanilla
>920 of them cleared naxx (0.1% of players)

wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Changes_between_Patch_1.11_Naxxramas_and_Patch_3.0_Naxxramas

Holy shit I'm actually scared.

naxx is easy it's just a gear check. every raiding guild from private servers is going to clear it in a week like they did on Elysium.

w-why is the everyst general comfy to read?

it's like xanax

Flying worked in TBC already.

is kronos 2 back up yet?

Develop some basic reading comprehension then come back later to further this conversation.

Okay, let's see.

>It took them literally fucking months working non-stop to figure out how to get flying working in WoD.

You sure? I'm pretty sure I could already fly in TBC (that's the first expansion, The Burning Crusade).

flying mounts were in wrath, retard.

WoD wasn't designed for flying. They never wanted it in the expansion and when they finally decided to cave in to the players demand for flying it turned out that it was incredibly difficult to implement because of the games spaghetti code. I already explained this. If you simply don't believe me I can try and dig up the blue post about it.

Flying is not just a simple matter of clicking a button that enables people to glide through the air. Of course it worked in an expansion designed for it.

>...They would constantly make posts losing their shit over the fact they couldn't figure out how to get people to be able to fly out of their garrisons without the entire game crashing and other stupid shit.
Reading sure is tough.