/palg/ - Paladins General

Hi-Rez Studios edition

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB64)
(forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?63991-Open-Beta-64-Patch-Notes-December-6)

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist) (may contain outdated info)
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) (may contain outdated info)
youtube.com/watch?v=a8zkWCiKcbM&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

>Paladins VIP
paladins.com/vip/

>Reveal Trailer (Add champ name here):
(add link here)

>PTS (Play Test Server):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13102-Joining-Paladins-PTS-and-Contributing-to-Development-September-27th-2016

>PTS Steam Version:
steam://install/596350

>PTS Bug Reporting (OB64):
(forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?63988-OB64-PTS-Bug-Thread)

>OP Template
pastebin.com/zYHWhTLY

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7XmDYJBZZdc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

please...

Buffs never.

hahaha

this sucks

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=7XmDYJBZZdc

drybear was cool

Which of these are you buying for level 3 before OB64?

>chain reaction on bk to 2 shot flanks
>reprieve on evie bc ice block builds will be viable again with 450hps
>totemic ward for 75% more healing
>ferocity for 90% dmg scaling snipe tree
>fought the law on lex for 90% dmg tank popping
>street justice on maeve for 2 shots
>spirit's chosen on damba for 450 heals up front
>surprise attack skye for 750 bonus (bonus) dmg
>big game for big duels

Two of these can't be bought before OB64.

>hirez employee on my team
>ask him what he thinks of cards unbound
>VVA and taunts
quite literally what did he mean by this

Anyone else not getting new quests to complete?

They've been disabled until patch day because so many are broken.

How long until Hi-Rez puts us out of our misery?

Did already. If it does drop like this, I will probably try it out for a few days and then drop it if it is not massively overhauled.

>all these trash filler legos

Man, I liked Paladins higher ttk

we all did, but all good things must come to an end

Reminds me of PlanetSide 1.

Uninstalled and switched to Dirty Bomb. I think some competitors will receive a healthy number of players after OB64. Maybe Gigantic can be saved because of this.

JUST

FUCK

>Gigantic
Nothing's saving that, m8

What happened?

motiga died

Game wasn't too advertised well and wasn't very welcoming to new players anyway. It also lacked quality of life stuff, and was lacking in content in general. The devs should've focused on maps over characters, really.

Publisher didn't advertise the game at all, outside of paying a few twitch streamers to stream the game for one or two days, coupled with the fact that the game was exclusive to windows gaming, which also never advertised the game, meant most people hadn't even heard of the game, let alone played it.

So then the publisher downsized the dev company to a skeleton crew so they could finish the game's last two updates, close the game, and strip it of assets to reuse them for Korean mobas.

You know, the usual shit that happens when you make a deal with a Korean publisher.

6GB RAM requirement, which was nice for me but not for the game.

>6GB for a fucking MOBA
Motiga is kinda stupid to think they'd be able to market a game with that kind of system specs.

This is gonna be a sad system.

How to fix it?

Legendary cards no longer have levels (That should never have been the case in the first place with this update). Why would they? It's sort of like changing the "base" of your champion, less so a "bonus"? you know? WHy the hell would they have levels? That makes no sense. Just.. Sad. Awful. No levels on legendaries, and that's final.

You can now customize cards, either from level 1 to 4 with 12 points (old system, best system) or from 1 to 5 with 16 points (new system, shit system if they're too lazy to rebalance and remove the stupid level 5 cards again)

Cards no longer have levels when you obtain them. They're all just like before, a card you can change the strength of based on loadout. That's it. No "leveling up and then automatically getting stronger and shit" just, fucking normal cards you edit in your loadouts.

Everyone now starts with default cards (like when you had to buy them with gold) but can purchase new cards for 2000 gold, or get them from chests. Legendaries cost 12000.

Boom. Fucking fixed. Now we just need to figure out what happens with duplicates...

How about a cosmetic change? HEY. I KNOW...

Duplicate cards work towards a "Cosmetic Level" of the card. WHen you reach level 5 in a cards "Cosmetic Level", the card will appear different (cosmetically) on your "Loadout" page ingame (like it has some fancy border or some shit), and you get the spray for that card.

That way, gameplay is locked behind a mild playwall, and you can buy the cards you want for a decent price. Duplicates only give you more "Bling", with a new border around your cards that are cosmetic, and a spray reward at level 5.

That actually could work. What do you think?

If the progression is too quick with 2k gold per card, then you could just change it to more or less, just make sure it's fair is all.

That's a retardedly long way of saying "rebalance the entire game to accommodate one more extra card level just because, oh yeah and add legendary card sprays and legendary card boders that nobody will give a shit about and that others won't notice"

Well, what would you do?? Hirez are already so lazy they'd probably never even consider going back to the 4 level system now, even though they should. At the very fucking least agree that having to level up your fucking cards is retarded and makes casual a fucking grindfest MMO. And the shitty matchmaking is just gonna make it worse for new players.

Hirez has to realize that they shouldn't try and make money off cards. It's retarded. And locking card power behind grind is the last straw for a shitton of people.
At least having a dumb cosmetic thing will attract sharks and give them something to spend a shitton of money on like Hirez INSIST the card system should do.

Remove essence, drop cards unbound, go along with the rest of development like nothing happened. Also crystal storm weekend for a month.

Who else can't wait for Wednesday and Friday to come?

For better or for worse, I want to see what will come out during those days.

I can't wait for Friday because it's one week closer to my fucking semester being over. Not even that stressful since I only have one very easy final (it's just taking apart a computer and rebuilding it), I just am tired of my professors.

Pixie is fat and ugly

why are we still here

just to suffer

the mobility we've lost

>mfw 60% dmg reduction Terminus
Well it was fun while it lasted hopefully Lo-Rez doesn't go through with the retarded card system

Why do so many BRs play Andro, badly?

>Why do so many BRs

I think you know why

But it seems like the only characters they ever play are Andro and Cassie. In 60 hours of playing, of all the people I've seen with a BR name, 1 of them hasn't used Andro or Cassie. You would think being level 9+ with Andro they would at least be OK.

Does Evie seem op to anyone else?
>can't shoot her because teleport everywhere
>zooms away at high speeds
>Can use ice block to get out of Jenos grasp
>900 damage per shot

I think her iceblock is obnoxious but I don't think she's OP. If the Evie player is shit they will get rekt hard.

>op just copy-pasted the old op
>didn't even bother to link the correct previous thread
Makoa fags, everyone

her teleport is really fucking slow online, I want to play her at lan just so I can have proper fun with it but everyone on lan is smart enough to aim where you teleport

>be bomb king
>Every Evie thinks she is save while in ice block
>Can just lay bombs near her and wait till she gets out
Hahaha fools

didn't they patch that so it auto explodes?

Evie's dps requires her 3 seconds to kill anybody who has 1900 hp, with Soar legendary she needs 3 seconds to kill anybody who was 2050 hp, and it goes worse if they have blast shield.

Meanwhile, most (entirety?) of the cast kills her in 2 seconds.

If she doesn't has healing legendary for ice block, she is likely to die the moment ice block ends.

Evie has one of the highest skill floor in the game. A good Evie does wreck any team that has no coordination, but with coordination, she can only poke from distance, and her weapon isn't as good as poking as Maeve's. Anytime 2 people focus on her, she dies instantly.

Link to the correct previous thread since it soon will be achieved.

Love will save paladins. Get your waifu/husbando, and boycott the game.

Near her. Not on her

user, everyone knows that no one plays smite on steam and that most of the playerbase either uses the standalone client that is infinitely better or they play on console

Guys I think I enjoy playing Zhin.
Well, the game will be dead soon so I better enjoy it while I can.

The game gets its final judgement with the combination of this patch, and the next preview. If this patch doesn't change or fix any of the issues, and the next patch appears bad, this might just tank the playerbase down to a level Paladins simply can't survive at.
And when matchmaking goes to shit, it'll get even worse. I mean, have fun playing casual on a new account.

Almost forgot... The best way to make a lot of money off a videogame? Make it popular. Didn't think of that one did you, HiRez? Make it enjoyable for new players so you actually get new players. Didn't think of that one did you Hirez? Make it fair and balanced so it never feels cheap. Increase the TTK a bit instead of reducing it so it doesn't feel so frustrating to die, and waiting 10 seconds before you can play again. Didn't think of that, did you hirez?

They're digging their own grave and everything that could go in the wrong direction is going in the wrong direction in every way pretty much. Even customization got gutted.

See you next patch, the next preview, and then possibly never again.

Lex's new leggo is bullshit.

How about this Pursuit legendary:
>Pursuit hits all enemies in line of sight

If it turns too OP, we can reduce dmg on shot or number of shots.

How about we not power up autoaim skills?

How about you need to hit headshots in order to deal more dmg with the autoaim

Maeve Madeline when

It would be better to have something that isn't just a copy of someone else, there's already a few too many of those with the new ones. If it has to be for In Pursuit, how about something like if your target is in range it only fires at them, goes through enemies and fires twice as fast?

>Increase the TTK
TTK is absolutely fine right now, only way you can die in a second is if you're a fucking shitter that picks Viktor and shoots somewhere irrelevant without moving.

I wanna do something in her if you understand what I am referring to

You just described 95% of the playerbase. Also seems to be the 95% that Hirez listens to.
I honestly would restrict feedback to players who have spent money on the game

Why not just make it so Lex's In Pursuit gets a significant damage buff, but only against his Retribution target?

lol almost every champion is a two shot combo gimmick

Because that's fucking retarded and doesn't fix the problem.

>Enemies hit by all shots of In Pursuit are crippled and slowed for 2s. (Also increase the speed of IP by like 20%)
Or maybe
>after the first shot of In Pursuit hits, it locks on to that target and will hit them through walls (still has fall off), gain 20% move speed while channeling IP)

What problem? That Lex is a shitty character?

Damage buffs are usually dumb, even against specific targets

If you get caught in such "combo gimmicks" you're literally viktor shitter I described in a post earlier.

i like the new "were killing the game" christmas event, i bet they didnt do a halloween themed to focus on this big one. hope you enjoy it too

that's why makoa is low tier because his two shot gimmick isn't realistic

The hook's strength wasn't really the bonus dmg you did, it was dragging whoever you hooked near to your team for them to fugg I mean, now you get like a 110% dmg boost on pluck, so fuck my argument, but still

Why would they ever put out a patch like OB64? What's the logic?

kill

Apparently, Spitfire got changed somewhere along the line. It now works like Bask and Hyper Boost, aka every hit on every enemy.

is ob64 still going through?

pixie is thicc and cute!

this makes more sense and in line with his role as a flanker. he's supposed to ensure kills and harass the back line.

As far as we know? Yes.

add maeve to smite

Makoa is high tier cause he can zone people out of his hook range rather than cause he hooks somebody and twoshot them, dumb bronze piece of shit. If you got into hook range when it's out of cooldown that means you fucked up, scrub.

WHERE ARE THE NERFS TO SOME BROKEN SHIT ON PTS
WHERE ARE THE NEWS ON THE SHITTY SYSTEM
WHERE IS HIREZ'S ANSWER TO UPROAR IN THE COMMUNITY
WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME

If you ignore it it will go away :^)

It's over Johnny.

It ain't over 'till it says game over bro

I am filled with dread, thinking the worst about the game's future.
I don't like where it's seemingly going; none of us likes it, no one in the community likes it.
Even so, I will do everything in my power to protect her. I don't want her to be a part of this evil scheme of them, and so I will have to rescue her if it becomes necessary.
We shall escape, and I am to defend her from the evils of this world.

Time's ticking

SOON THERE WILL BE NOWHERE TO HIDE FROM MY FOMORIANS

I'm not going anywhere but ob64 is kinda lame. I wonder if Paladins can recover.

Is yingposter bullying a cultural thing in this general now?

>now

>the number of dupes you need to level up cards
Fucking LOL
I guarantee no one is going to have a lv4 card for months, seeing a lv5 legendary would probably take one year, if someone is even playing by then

This was a couple of months ago i think, maybe three

>tfw today's the day people start praising lo-rez again
hate this community

>TTK is absolutely fine right now

if they remove cards unbound and add deck points back to ranked i'll be happy

^ Disgusting.