>Nintendo direct with world & gameplay explanations
youtube.com/watch?v=0Hb0KmH2WBQ

>Story trailer (lots of spoilers)
youtube.com/watch?v=DOQ9q4HDb0U

>Confirmed for being merely the tip of the iceberg
twitter.com/sorayasaga/status/935149626004447232

>XB2 FAQ
pastebin.com/qaauPV2F

A lot of people got their copies already so caution is advised.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EG0UpsgjhISr6_isiUpiWMU9qcXj6t8wWB0_LAiH1yE/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How do I get Blades that aren't the robot things? I want a cute waifu.

Forgot to add this to the OP
List of Rare Blades and such.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EG0UpsgjhISr6_isiUpiWMU9qcXj6t8wWB0_LAiH1yE/edit#gid=0

Sacrifice a shotaboy to the loli gods.

First for thunder-tummy

Same problem. Jist rolled 3. Got Azuki, Shirayuki and Yuzuki. All the same.

>cutscene for side quest with enemies in the area
>Named t-rex is slowly wandering over as the scene plays out

Have 2 rare cores. Do i use boosters? Whats the outcome of using them? What does it change?

I think boosters give you an increased chance of getting certain elements, and the rare core just has a higher chance for rare blades. In the end it's all up to the gacha gods.

I love Poppi!

>tfw the Gormott day theme choir kicks in for the first time

POPPI IS HERE

>chapter 3
>the game is just now explaining the break>topple combo system

So how do I use Vandham? Initially I thought of using him like a tank but he's so slow and draws fuckall aggro. Should I just go two DPSs, Poppi tank? I'm not the only one that thought his bird was a chick because of those massive thighs, right?

I thought Roc was a girl because (at a distance) the first time I saw him that big fluffy scarf thing he has looked like he had a pair of huge tits.

>how do I use Vandham
You either replace Rex with him as your attacker or you don't.

New player here, been fucking around mostly, just started chapter three and i've got a bit of a question for you.
I rolled a guy with a cannon for Rex and it's been a lot of fun, seemed to have good damage output. Well a short while later I was looking at what chips I had in my pockets and I saw one called "Coil Chip", which boosted the stats of the gun dramatically higher than any weapons of my companions, we're talking about me doing regular auto attacks where the third hit deals as much damage as my companions using their damn specials.
I can't for the life of me remember where I got this chip from, I don't recall picking it up and It isn't in any shops I can find.
Frankly it seems a bit overpowered, it has changed the nature of combat quite a lot because it is absolutely melting things that we were struggling with before. Has something gone wrong? Am I not meant to have this yet?

Pandoria's thighs though. zeke is really lucky to have her

you must've rolled some blades with lockpicking or something and opened a chest/area that requires a high amount of field skills (like 5 lockpicking)

dunno where else you would've got it.

The biggest one of those was a barrel that needed strength 2? I certainly would have noticed if I opened a level 5 or something!

>embed embed embed

>trying to salvage at Lascham Island for the first time

where is this mystical island located

If you go up a bit, there's a salvage point with lower level enemies by it that you can safely use for your winding gears

>got my first rare blade
This guy any good?

>Salvaging with a silver cylinder
>Nail all three prompts
>no chests
>two crabs
>four whites

>Salvaging same place with normal cylinder
>Miss first prompt because I was petting dog
>Panic and press second prompt early
>Nail third prompt
>First white chest i've ever fucking seen

Why does it feel like the QTE is nothing but a placebo?

How good is xenoblade postgame usually?

>Doing the tomb dungeon
>game won't let me progress unless I have blades with Ancient Wisdom
>Only blades that I have that can learn that skill are Dromach and a generic blade
fuckin groan zone.

It's not the enemy levels (although they're pretty spooky)

It's the fact that the QTE's are absolutely fucking brutal and they seem to change every time I do it. The first QTE comes and goes in about a tenth of a second.

Salvaging with Silver cylinders and 2+ Blades with Salvage Mastery gives you tons of good shit.

>Zeke's introduction

idk if blowing their whole budget on this stuff was worth it, but damn that was good.

There's a totally safe salvage spot right in the middle of catgirl village that you can use to gather winding gears, I don't understand why people are having trouble with that. It's right fucking there, you cannot possibly miss it.

How rare are overdrives? I've been using all my cores on Rex and I'm starting to think I'm making a mistake. Also, does affinity transfer?

Rare.
Yes, you are making a mistake.
Rex is the one you don't need to use any on.

you won't get more than 2 or 3 up to chapter 4

You also have to consider that you can bench Rex so if you ever plan to have another Attacker type character in your party (like Rex is) you'll have to bench him.

because it takes for-fucking-ever

Why is Zeke allergic to her though?

You'll have it inside 10 silver cylinders, easy. Again, I don't understand the issue.

That costs money.
I did about 20 normal and only got 1

reminder not to be a retard and release common blades because you're gonna want an army of about 50 common blades to meet Merc Mission requirements.

use the money you earn from trading in salvage from the normal cylinders to buy silver ones you jew

Has anyone been keeping track of where they've found overdrives? I've only found 3 and the only one I can remember is the one from chapter 4 near the hotspring murder

>That costs money

Well, yeah but you'll be hauling up other stuff too that will more than offest the cost. Silver Cylinders there made me a nice tidy 150k earlier today just from selling sets. It's relaxing. I was rolling in winding gears so that's how I can say reliably it's easy.

One's in a treasure chest in Garfont, but I don't think anyone missed this one since it's right there

>ZEKE
>VON
>BENGU

>Nia is the only real healer in the game
>turning her into a blade just completely removes her from the party

Why the fuck did we end up with a party of 2 attackers/2 tanks/1 healer?

whoa thanks for the spoiler asshole

SKELLS WHEN?

nice spoilers retard

>turning her into a blade
you what, spoilers i guess

Seems like a complete waste of time to equip someone with 3 healers instead of 2 healers and an attacker, so any attacker main can fulfill her role by just using two healers.

>game intentionally sends you to an area full of aggressive level 80s in chapter 4
At least this isn't as common as in X

Anyone got a FLAC rip of the special edition CD?

the game is just trying to keep you on your toes

Girls are gross and have cooties.

Guys I think I enjoy video games again.

There's too many of them, spotting me almost as if the game said "walk specifically over there to ruin the fun" every time

I've just started completely closing the game and reloading instead of going through that shitty factory again

I hate how non descriptive the enemy indicators are now. How can you tell if something is unique? How can you tell if it's aggressive? Why did they think this is a good design decision?

>How can you tell if something is unique?
They have a giant icon

Unique's have a monster motif under the name. Its pretty easy to spot. There just seems to be a lot less uniques then last games, or at least not as many low level ones.

3 healer blades helps because the AI prioritizes blade combo set ups over actually healing when you need it.

certainly this isn't the game that changed things for you

>Its just a fucking baloon with a mouth
What even is Boreas?

what's Rex's Favorite Drink?

It was.

YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT
THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO GRIND FOR CORES

not to mention make mad money

I feel sorry for you

does killing shit with smash hoist better rewards?

Zeke is going to be fucking his sword, Morag, and her sword by the end of this isn't he?

grinding there as we speak bro, can confirm

Don't I'm very happy to finally enjoy games again.

i've got 106k now up from 70k i had when i started

Its all anecdotal, but it seems like the crabs have a certain chance of dropping rare cores when hit with smash.
its not 100%, id say its like 20-30

Did anyone make this with Pyra yet?

>Godfray
>Perun
Are these good blades to start with?
Also how do I unlock Perun's affinity? "help the villagers" isn't very clear.

>Morag's hair under her hat
Cute

I'd like them to be. Zeke deserves the women after a life of bad luck.

there's no point using Tank blades on anyone but people with tank as their main blade, which is one (1) party member that isn't Tora.

Right, I got Godfray before I even got party members, in my first 8 or so cores.

The thing is, Morag's a dodge tank. Almost all tank blades have shit for evasion.

I want to fuck brighid

I don't see any influencers on blade stat screens to show anything about evasion, unless you mean how some (minorly) boost the agility stat which you can easily supplement with aux cores and accessories.

>nia's hood has room for her ears
That's adorable

Reposting bc i didnt see the thread was ded, So this is my first Xeno Game. I dont really understand how blades worked. Im on chapter 3 gathering materials to build the airship to get out of the first big area. I've basically split my common and rare crystals between the MC and the girl and didn't get much besides a rare Fat balloon healer for the girl. I haven't used anything aside the default blade for my MC so im really wondering if ive fucked up my play through by using all these crystals? Any general advice about blade acquisition and the likes would be greatly appreciated

>pantsu color is lighter blue shade of Rex's pants
Lewd.

>finally get the thunder loli
>it's on rex
>her arts charge insanely slow

should I give her to train-chan or wait for a better rare tank blade?

Probably wait.
If you really want to use her as soon as her first hit lands tilt the right stick forward so the combo resets, it builds arts faster then normal.

How much do you miss out on with using Jap VA?

If he really had bad luck he would already be dead

Pouch guide fucking when?

Why the fuck does Boreas want 100 drinks for?

I finally found my first legendary core after 55 hours. It was behind a wall under the platform with the third sword. There was also a pouch upgrade with it.

Woops meant left stick.

What? No. What?
You're fine. the crystals and gachashit are a new thing and not in the other two games, so you're as much in the dark as the rest of us.
You get more crystals later, and Main quest will give you some Rare Blades.

Basically anything that isn't subtitled.
So anything outside of talking to NPCs and cutscenes.

good tip

does it guarantee a rare blade?

yes. I got ice titties from it. But it was on Zeke so i'm never going to use her ever

>battle voices which is eh
I dunno man I've gotten pretty reliant on using increased damage when toppled/launcher arts the instant I hear TOPPLY TOPPLY

SNIPING BRENT FUCK OFF!

you can still memorize whatever jap tora says

Where's that?

see

>Brighid is a legendary blade that has been passed down for 500 years
>Pandoria is some random blade that just happens to be equal in power

How did Zeke get so lucky?

The Chad Malos
The Virgin Akhos

Am I the only one who thinks these two look exactly like the meme?