gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
youtube.com/watch?v=dPAZvxmLfcQ
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/396269145/#396271738
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

progress

That's half life 2

Anyone pushing their games for holidays release?

post your no dev face

>implying anyone will give a shit about your retardo pixel platformer when there'll be new AAA games out and older ones going on sale

I don't have one

mfw every time I try to make 3D models and realize I'm shit at everything and will never finish a game

Keep at it, my totally real cat looked like this at one point

At least you're not as bad as pic related

Recap user, where art thou?

Holee shit you may be up to something. I didn't know I wanted to have a rotating animated cmulko sprite.

post tutorials

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

youtube.com/watch?v=dPAZvxmLfcQ

thank goodness
even I'm not that bad

what's wrong with pic related?

Give me some Special Bar graphic design ideas

All I got right now is ripping off street fighter 4's

guys I don't think I'm gonna make it for the jam either, unless my codebro wakes up and starts working at 2000% speed

Reminder to ignore sourceposter. This is all he has ever since he went crazy eating moth balls.

Just look at it. It reeks of insanity.

you're still gonna make game though, right?

just learn2program instead of relying on unreliable people

okay. Is it meant to look like that?

serious question
do you think of yourself more as an aggy or as a daggy?

Yeah we're still gonna finish it, but it sucks.

It's not really his fault, he had a fucked up sleep cycle plus he worked all night last night and all day today so he has a strong headache now.
He said he'd wake up about 3 hours ago
And if I did this on my own (which I probably could, programming-wise) I would never EVER make it in time anyway.

Sourcefag is too lazy to even fire up hammer.exe anymore. Guy seems seriously depressed.

Believe it or not the original picture he spammed all the time was his actual level design that took him like 3 months to make. That's why everything else has been zero effort screenshots of wireframes or just halflife characters drag and dropped into garry's mod. He isn't good enough to make anything new even as a shitpost.

This is, without a doubt, the most disgusting thing ever posted to /agdg/.

He posted it in earnest too.
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/396269145/#396271738
He really thinks he's a dev. So cute. Literally a child. :)

Yeah sourceposter will never be anything but this. A disgruntled failed level designer who posted 1 (ONE) picture of his honest work thinking it would justify him calling himself a dev and shitposting in here all day and it was laughably bad. Now it's "I was just pretending to be retarded" for 3 years.

Has anyone made anything turn based?

I've literally never touched C# before a week ago. My only experience in programing is some PHP I did in high school several years ago. But I think I'm generally getting the hang of it in conjunction with the Unity engine. However, I'm finding implementing a turn based UI driven battle system more difficult to write than a shooty real time game---contrary to my initial expectations---and was wondering if anyone had any pointers or outright guides. There is a surprising lack of such resources on the Unity forums/tutorial sections.

More specifically, I'm having trouble with two sections: Taking away control from whoever's turn it isn't (which is fairly important in a turn based game, it turns out) and determining turn order when it can change during battle.

Turns aren't player vs AI like XCOM style, but based on individual units on either side. Currently, that order is determined by a Speed stat. The number of individual unit turns * unit Speed = when they next move.

So a unit with a speed of five would move at intervals 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, etc.
A unit with a speed of seven would move at intervals 7, 14, 21, 28.
Empty intervals are passed over.
If there is a tie, (4 speed and 5 speed both tie at 20), the unit with the lower speed goes first. Additional ties are determined alphabetically by the Unit's name, then finally randomly if it is still tied.

However, not only is this unintuitive with a lower Speed being better, but it has complications with Haste type abilities that modify the speed. Depending on the interval, a player could end up going twice in a row despite being slowed down. For example, if their speed was 5 on interval 25, slowed down to a speed of 9, their next turn would be on interval 27, only two away and 3 faster than their next natural turn at interval 30.

Anyway, this comment is too long; I think I've explained enough to maybe get some pointers towards a better direction, so I'll just say thanks in advance?

Where is your game sourceposter? You did have a game once right? Before you became........ this?

Holy fuck lmao. This isn't cute, he's a fucking cuck.

Reddit spacing triggered me.

>You did have a game once right?
literally no

There are suspicions that it's loli rape sim dev. The sourceposting started after we ran him out in 2015 and it continues whenever he is around. Usually after he posts "progress" on his """"""game""""""" and doesn't get enough (You)s. Like happened earlier in the previous thread.

reddit spacing?

Do you mean paragraphs? Do you write all your code on one line too?

so the answer is still no
he never had a game

But where is the game?

>Taking away control from whoever's turn it isn't
I wouldn't approach it that way, I'd write it in the way of executing the turn on a single player/team. Something like a manager with an array of Teams, Team has an ExecuteTurn function and a TurnFinished event. Teams could be abstract, an AI team could override ExecuteTurn with its AI logic, a human team would do something like enable the UI for interaction, when either finish their turn send the TurnFinished event which the manager listens for and then progresses to execute the next teams turn. I just came up with that on the spot though, I dunno if it's the best idea.

Correct. Sourceposter never had a game and never will. This is how he copes.

>everyone i dont like is the same person
schizophrenia strikes again

Bad idea

Anyone dev on a Surface tablet PC? How well does it handle 1MA dev tasks?
Need something I can carry with me that can run Unity and having a tablet built in would make things 100x easier

who made this? why?

can we do something about this? call their mom, maybe?

I think rallying up people in discord and replying to it 26 times is a better idea.

I know a guy who does actual real development on one of those android mini-PCs that, instead of having a touchscreen, has joysticks like a PSP and a small physical keyboard with actual buttons. It looks kinda like an old slide phone but apparently it's good enough to run Ubuntu or whatever, and he does vidya gaem porting for a real company and has his own hobby programming to do.

touchscreens aren't really precise enough for art, and most of what you will do in dev will by typing or at least use a keyboard, so you're probably better off with a real proper clicky keyboard and an actual pointer device than using a tablet with one of those godawful gummy sillicone roll-up things

>triggered

Looks like Full Sail Shitfam is back to spew some more """"""advice""""""" for us. Back from the bar already nigger? Lol.

>triggered
Tell us more about how you aren't loli rape sim dev.

afaik, Surface uses an actual digitizer pen, based on n-trig or something. Never tried the keyboard but I'm pretty sure it's rigid too.

I have many special friends, including people who have sniffed out pedos before and given me physical addresses. I hope the mods can clean this up before I have to.

i don't think it's working.

I googled them and they look p shit

just get a fucking real laptop, it'll probably be cheaper than a meme tablet anyway and have actual ports for things

What do you expect? He fails at everything he tries.

>boards.fireden.net/v/thread/396269145/#396271738
Jesus christ. I can't believe this is real.

>boards.fireden.net/v/thread/396269145/#396271738
Reminder that pic related is the """person""" who posted that. A meth-addled rat-faced drunk responsible for everything wrong with /agdg/, from pedodev to source.

Chatfag here. I can confirm it is him.

Hahahaha!

Someone is going to get killed over video games!

This is sweet!

I ran out of space with the character limit, but there isn't a functional difference between enemy units and allied units. There is just a single property containing their faction ID. If their faction is set to the player faction and their turn comes up, control should be handed over to the player. Otherwise the enemy AI will handle it.

There will never be more than two factions battling at once and never more than twelve total combatants in a battle. Allowing an entire faction to attack all at once would be so devastating to the opposing faction that there wouldn't be much of a point in this battle system, I think.

thanks i'm actually going to use this

Because he can't stop trying to "get back" at agdg. It's not just about coping with having no game it's about needing to shitpost in agdg and falseflag and impersonate devs because he is clinically insane and it keeps him from hurting himself.

Had to take a few weeks off for work reasons but I'm back on the grind. Dungeon's about half way done.
My goal is to finish it by the end of the week because I'm way behind.

we talking about rotate or lolirapedev/sourceposter?

I've tried transporting an actual laptop and a 13hd before and it fucking sucks, I'd rather avoid having to use a tiny conventional tablet if possible.

how does source posting actually trigger people?
it's just a picture of something made in source engine, that's it
slick cunny posting was way worse

Confirmed. Sourceposter is lolisimdev and rotate, aka birdmath aka eromattifarg aka reek aka mothdan aka googemproduce.

B O S S
G O S S
G O S S T
G O S O T
G O D O T

They were both called the literally insane shitposters so I don't see any difference.

He's still freaking out that we brought up the LIS meme as you can see. (197628458)
I think it bothers him that of all the memes he has tried forcing in agdg the only one that ever caught on was him being insane and obsessed with danny.

They're the same guy, you tard.

>I think it bothers him that of all the memes he has tried forcing in agdg the only one that ever caught on was him being insane and obsessed with danny.
is it really a meme if it is reality?

Oh god this is so useful. I'm terrible at drawing machinery.

What are some games on Steam made with Godot?

Stop shitposting.

>tfw i can only recall the engine itself being on steam

A Surface isn't gonna fit in your pocket any easier than an EEPC or whatever. If you're going to be using it for Development Stuff you may as well get something with a proper fixed keyboard and a few USB ports for external drives or a mouse or gamepads or whatever might come up.

Resume shitposting.

The floating animation looks pretty neat, in fact the whole art style looks pretty comfy. Keep up the good work, will buy when you release the game.

>freaking out because Godot was mentioned
Where have we seen this before... :^)

Having the tablet in the screen is going to reduce the amount of space I need to use, both in the bag and wherever I set up.
Any retard can look at a Surface and speculate "uhh a laptop might have more options", which is why I was asking for someone who's used it.

Thanks a lot

theyre the same person bro

what part of this do you not understand?

look at it dude, it's worse than fucking gore. it's horrible. it's not even a game. the """person""" who made it is reprehensible too, they bombed yesdevs and had archive.moe hacked to cover their tracks.

i resume it every update

Is there a way to retarget non-default-skeleton stuff in UE4?

Basically I'm being given two assets, one with a body and face, and another is just a face. The second face has blendshapes I need to apply to the first face.

The way I was going to do this was making montages of the second face.. but how can I apply that to the first face? I can't retarget the faces because the skeleton with body and face is different than the one with just face.

Is there a way to retarget only certain bones or something? Or am I going way way wrong?

Oh okay. That sounds kind of tricky, I hope you can figure something out!

You are so fucking insane its just sad.

>Any retard can look at a Surface and speculate "uhh a laptop might have more options", which is why I was asking for someone who's used it.
I've not used the Surface specifically but I've used similar tablets, and they're not that good. Touching is shit compared to having a proper pointer, and the keyboards that come with most tablets are godawful. They're fine to have something to browse the internet on the go or play games on, but I wouldn't use one for actual work.

>Having the tablet in the screen is going to reduce the amount of space I need to use, both in the bag and wherever I set up.
There's better solutions to that, like the joysticky hard keyboard thing I mentioned one of my buds having. I'll see if I can find it again online, something like that would be more suited to working on the go than a tablet.

Also, I've never taken up more than a normal single person restaurant table with my EEPC, charger and mouse and all. Not every laptop is some giant Alienware piece of shit.

these people are worse
everytime a little source picture gets posted all the anti-rotate shit gets reposted and the big circle jerk over rotate and source posting and the conspiracy theories and the history all comes tumbling out into the thread all over again.

It's just a fucking source picture. Fucking ignore it.

When you retarget stuff you choose which bones correspond to which on each skeleton, can't you just leave some blank?

Its the same person you fucking moron.

you might be more dumb than sourceposter

t. Full Sail Shitposter. Why do you think anyone wants your """"""advice"""""""? You are literally insane and literally a nodev. Where is your game? You don't have one. Stop fucking posting.

The custom bones don't even show up. I guess my issue is then I need the entire rig to show up not just the humanoid one, but one with the face as well.. Or just the face

How can I add custom rigs to that retarget section?

t. animation brainlet

t. sourcenigger samefagging himself trying to get pity

no one wants you here you terrorist tranny rat

My shit's heavily going to involve modeling/texture painting. "Joysticky hard keyboard thing" doesn't sound like it's even remotely gonna cut it and it's not like I can't just get a mouse.
Again, a laptop isn't some alien concept to me so you don't need to explain how a laptop works, it's not useful info in the slightest.

>My shit's heavily going to involve modeling/texture painting.
Then you want to get a proper fucking art tablet, not a glorified smartphone. That also would have been important to know before, dude.

And still, for cost-to-performance for modelling and graphics work, you want a laptop, and you want room for peripherals like a PROPER art tablet for painting and a mouse for precision work with models.

But obviously you want a Surface and need validation so go buy your stupid fucking tablet.