/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Veeky Forums's Sonic General. Here we discuss everything Sonic! Share art, romhacks, and other community content. Talk about the games as well as the expanded franchise.

/sthg/ #1101 - Mecha Sonic General Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oY9m2sHQwLs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Mecha Sonic
WE S3&K NOW

Meatbags are not welcome in this general.

*super saiyan screaming intensifies*

Metal Sonic is just an loathsome copy of the one true Sonic, Mecha Sonic!

Long time no see, Mecha Sonic, my loathsome copy.

*grabs*

MEMBER WHEN EGGMAN BLEW UP THE MOON?

COPY?
I THINK YOU'RE THE COPYBOT HERE.
YOU'RE COMPARING YOURSELF TO ME? HA! YOU'RE NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH TO BE MY

youtube.com/watch?v=oY9m2sHQwLs

groomingu

Metal Sonic is nothing more than an attempt at replicating and surpassing the legendary spirit of the wind.

But a copy can never measure up to the original.

I'LL MAKE YOU COMPUTE THAT BINARY!

I remember seeing Neo Metal in the Sonic Heroes opening cinema, and being so excited because I thought Mecha Sonic was back for revenge.

God, I was disappointed.

I SHALL FORCE YOU TO CONSUME THAT STATEMENT

SAY THAT TO MY FACE, CHUMP!

Silence, meatsack

>I tried to draw something in time for the thread but I was too slow. I'm sorry, guys.
Well you still have a chance. This mecha thread is kind of an extension of the cobblestone in a way

MY OWN CLONE

Silver the Hedgehog
Living Paradox

Speaking of which, I theorize that Metal Sonic was constructed in the future by Eggman on Little Planet, using Time Energy as a way for Metal to surpass Sonic's speed.

This. Go ahead & do the drawing anyways, user. Ya fleshbag

>Silver is literally Silver but better. Silver would fucking kick Silver's ass.

rate my oc

>Speaking of which, I theorize that Metal Sonic was constructed in the future by Eggman on Little Planet, using Time Energy as a way for Metal to surpass Sonic's speed.
I like the idea that Eggman borrowed Metal from himself in the future using the Time Stones myself.

>cobblestone
Milestone*

Holy shit phone

VRRRROOOOOOOOM

Last thread was pretty great.

You called?

I'm sorry.

disgusting sack of flesh/10

Yeah I would say it was one of my favorites.
Right off the bat it was comfy as fuck.
I'm already excited for /kitty/

So... the red rat has come to give me some amusement...

I like him. Reminds me of French animation for some reason.

AND
THIS
IS
TO
GO
EVEN
FURTHER...

/egg/ > /msthg/ > /kte/ > /ssthg/ > /rose/

I theorize that Eggman somehow managed to scan and collect Sonic's data at the end of Sonic 1, and used that data in the (Bad) Future on Little Planet to create Metal Sonic.

Since he was on Little Planet, Eggman could have used the weird temporal nature of it all to inject Time Energy into Metal Sonic on top of Sonic's data, allowing Metal to not just match Sonic's speed, but surpass it through the manipulation of time itself.

But by the time Sonic CD happened, Sonic had already gotten stronger and faster.

After Sonic CD, Metal Sonic was left behind on Little Planet. But what made Metal Sonic different and superior to Silver/Mecha Sonic, is Sonic the Hedgehog's Data.

During Sonic 2 and 3K, Eggman might have used Silver Sonic and Mecha Sonic to scan Sonic's data, (though Mecha Sonic's programming probably got a little messed up as a result), and thus by the time of (S4:II / Mania), when Eggman had Metal Sonic again, Eggman upgraded him with Sonic's new data.

After absorbing the Lost Labyrinth's treasure in Episode: Metal, and the Dark Rings or whatever in Knuckles' Chaotix (that Metal Sonic Kai transformation), Metal Sonic evolved even more. The Sonic data within his programming became more alive and conscious with every battle.

During SA1 and SA2, Eggman upgraded Metal even further, giving him the ability to copy any data and transform his body, thus negating any need for constant updates. But at this point, Metal Sonic's Sonic Data evolved to the point that Metal was pretty much a robotized version of Sonic himself, except with Eggman's evil programming. And thus, Sonic Heroes ensues.

This is objectively correct

>/kte/
What a waste

I'd rank /ssthg/ higher, but all 5 were great threads.

A bit generic for Sonic and even in general, but not bad.

That one was actually pretty fun though

Metal Sonic's plan to copy the power of Chaos through Chocola and Froggy was his attempt at matching Sonic's Chaos Factor!

We should bring back /egg/.

Fuck off Sparky.

This fits, but Mecha is unique in that he could access and utilize chaos control/go super. He rebelled even before metal did

True. Just wish we got more Knuckles pics.

Why does Sonic Team use Metal all the time but never Mecha?

You know what they say, you can never go back home. It's like high school or college. Enjoy them while you're there, because it's a one-time gig.
/egg/ was great, but now it's in the past.

I kind of addressed that.

I theorized that Mecha Sonic was meant to copy Sonic's data and send it to Eggman. But, Mecha Sonic's own programming got messed up by Sonic's new (and more chaotic) data, and he went haywire.

>Why does Sonic Team use Metal all the time but never Mecha?
The same reason they use green hill all the time.
Barebones nostalgia pandering.

Forces gets at least a little credit for bringing back the US theme for the fight instead of the JAP one for the 5000th time.

Far more people know who/what Metal Sonic is by name and would see Mecha as being a lazy copy. Lots of people would just wind up calling him Metal Sonic anyways.

Ah.

>You know what they say
THE MORE THE MERRIER

FUCK OFF.

Lots of people do call him metal.
That doesn't mean we don't want him back. He was a better antagonist than metal in the genesis games anyway.
No disrespect to metal.

Should have seen that coming

Fucking shit.. i missed the Metal thread... here is Metal i drew a bit ago..
How are you today /sthg/ i miss you

Silence fleshbags!

Doing good. Thanks for the lovely pic, btw!

I wish I could go back to highschool, if only to test the boundaries of what I could get away with. Highschool fucking sucks.

Test

Fuck which one do I shoot?

>because it's a one-time gig.
Thank god, I'd rather kill myself than experience high school again.

Does anyone have the link for Sage? I only found the one for Bump.

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

You can't trick me user I know where that's from.

Rouge is gross and smells of dried semen.

Shoot his ancestor, it should erase both of the Silvers.

Stop bullying beep beeps

Mecha Sonic gets a new design every time he appears, while Metal Sonic's is mostly constant.

>It's like high school or college. Enjoy them while you're there, because it's a one-time gig.
>/egg/ was great, but now it's in the past.

You're reminding me of the twitch Power Rangers marathon. Sure it gave some fun /tv/ memories (as well as a lack of sleep) and I still wish I could have experienced more than what I had but at the same time it wouldn't be the same doing it another time.

Rouge a thot. A THOT!

Japanese fans liked CD more than 3&K

Didn't stop Eobard Thawne, why would it stop Silver?

Reverse image search is a thing.

This is true. I was surprised to find that what we called Silver Sonic, was known as Mecha in Japan, who consider the Sonic 2 and S&K Sonic robot the exact same bot.

You're one of my favorite artists here.

It's alright user, these milestone celebrations tend to last for an additional thread.
Very good metal btw.

All women are queens, Shadow!

>he didn't enjoy high school
Literally pussy for the taking

I miss you too user! Hope things are going well!

>How are you today /sthg/ i miss you
gay

/skteg/ when?

All merciful Chaos, I have internet access again! I missed you /sthg/. Anything happen in the last twenty or so threads besides shitposting?

Can male robot hedgehogs canonically go super?

This is always the strongest argument against doing another Ride.

user please. You're embarrassing yourself.

There's another Bump model in the works, maybe some renders and animations with it too.

So what were the previous 28 models?

Sonic & Knuckles? That was pretty much /kte
If by Super Knuckles, non-canon

Blaze, Amy, Metal, Shadow, Espio, Silver & maybe Mighty has been added to GHPAnon's build. Outside of that, shitposting. /msthg/ was comfy fun too.

Knails the Echidfox: Rouge's true identity

>i miss you
Faggot

Is Sonic & Knuckles canon?

Sonic Knight the Echidna General?

Can respond anyone but Iizuka please?

Yes, but they are not allowed to have all the Chaos Emeralds.