/scg/edg/ Star Dangerous/Elite Citizen General #237

Best Ship Edition
ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/aQPMdGhi

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V_Gzmlo6lR0&list=PLnEk08-_6Qi3l3mHllkyXhVBodaMacE6p
youtube.com/watch?v=_qnc13_DLpk
youtube.com/watch?v=Wo8oU5WX0Lo
youtube.com/watch?v=6GusFP-JTo8
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/13014-Galactic-Guide-The-Planet-Earth
youtube.com/watch?v=NGzDI2wUqf0
youtube.com/watch?v=AWejQe52WzY
youtu.be/AWejQe52WzY?t=1891
starcitizen.tools/Sabre#Weaponry
starcitizen.tools/F7C-S_Hornet_Ghost#Weaponry
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wow
much ded

first for whales are useful idiots and flaming them outside the general is bad for the money number going up

Someone finally bothered to make a thread edition

Posting vids we found on reddit edition

youtube.com/watch?v=V_Gzmlo6lR0&list=PLnEk08-_6Qi3l3mHllkyXhVBodaMacE6p

if the game is good for anything atm is making hot webms
the railgun somehow looks simultaneously super mall ninja but legit good at the same time

any 3.0 fags able to tell us how effective it actually is though? I imagine it can't be much better than an s1 or MAYBE an s2 at max, but that's still next to nothing

I got a chub when i saw the trigger discipline

Also why did no one tell me the retaliator's torpedos work

>first
wew lad

>Posting vids we found on reddit edition
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Torpedo bounces around like it's half retarded and half the Cutlass is still left floating in the air, but that explosion looks good.

I don't think the Torpedo is designed for small targets or ground targets

.Though I have to wonder if 3.0 is just going to have Retaliators and soon these little cunts gibbing people with size 9s

>been getting 30007 errors for 2 days.
>at_least_we_have_the_delta_patcher.sh
>Spawn a LN
>No bed or guns
>Spawn a 350r
>No guns, door won't open.
>Spawn a Cutlass
>Door to cockpit won't open
>2 of the doors to PO won't let me back in
>Finally get an Ayy Eee Gus to let me into the pilot seat.
>Only mission available is Comm repair, since no place for a crate.
>Mission withdrawn as soon as I arrive.
>Literally 7 npc pirates on scene
>Framerate chugs when you aim and pull the trigger making combat basically impossible.
>NPCs stop shooting me when I'm in the menu for some reason
>ESP == autoaim that always misses pllus weird mouse accel
>Control expo curves don't work for pitch
>Turning the sensitivity down makes the ship sluggish and not flyable
>Still 13fps, at best
I can't wait for this shit to go live. People are going to lose their fucking minds.

>strafes to the side
>torpedo can't turn back around
pssh.. nothing personnel
>marksman s2 missiles will literally keep following targets for 1 min+ in 2.6.3

>Star citizen is playing like star citizen
>I can't wait for people to play star citizen it plays exactly like star citizen they are going to be so mad

Just threw this together. Kinda fun flying spaceships in a real fighter plane seat. I'll make a more refined version down the road, once I'm sure about stick/throttle position, seat height, etc.

This shit is bad by SC standards. It's going to be some cold water for all the people chomping at the bit to get into this when they see how shallow and broken it really is.
They aren't going to fix the framerate before release unless they are sandbagging it for some reason.

>They aren't going to fix the framerate before release unless they are sandbagging it for some reason.

Why would you think that? It's not like they are releasing any time soon.

Talk of optimization in 3.1

Besides, I've been watching streams/vids and FPS/bugs/crashes seem pretty standard affair

It's like you don't remember how rough 2.0 was, the difference is now they can patch it.

Why wouldn't it work on small targets? I mean that Cutlass isn't exactly a small target. I can understand something like an M50.

youtube.com/watch?v=_qnc13_DLpk

an autist

Realistically? No reason

Balancing? because it wont be super fun to be gibbed by eclipses, vanguards, retaliators, gladiators

I know missiles are supposed to be expensive but for now at least they arent

If they do shit like what is going on in that webm, they're definitely going to be bullshit. However, if they work more like the classic idea of torpedoes, which are basically straight line dummies, I don't seen an issue.

condensed autism
they should work if they can hit them, they aren't nearly as agile as missiles and should be fairly easy to dodge outside of stuff like the starfarer+

torpedos are going to be in a weird position

They are going to have to make them extremely expensive, or any pirate org can just torpedo Reclaimers, orions, hammer heads, etc or even cap ships

Pirates should have the sense to use EMP warheads or they're going to be blowing up their loot.

The loot survives a ship being blown up

Yeah a whole reclaimer is worth more than the material it salvages, but if it becomes too much trouble or it looks like its about to get away, why not just blow it up

make them too expensive and the only thing getting the big torp dick is going to be freighters because they'll be the only ships that will be able to carry enough cargo to justify using them in smash and grab operations

capital battles will probably be decided by who brings more fighters and fighter bombers. cap v cap slugouts will be rare

>The loot survives a ship being blown up
For now. I'd bet we're gonna get a material durability system or some shit. I'd image cargo would get damaged or even destroyed from ship explosions.

What if the ship is the loot :^) Reclaimer is pretty cool

Speaking of I hope there's a self destruct

How about this one?
youtube.com/watch?v=Wo8oU5WX0Lo

Honestly, I think his biggest problem is that he can't handle delays and periods of slow or no perceived progress in development. And that's alright, not everyone has the patience for that. After all, it's why most published games aren't announced until they're nearly complete. But you should know that about yourself before you pledge 7 fucking thousand dollars to a game that was obvious it would most assuredly be delayed even from the original Kickstarter. If I didn't see any progress being made, and saw ACTUAL telltale signs that the project is failing due to poor management then I'd be grabbing a pitchfork with him. But he acts like we've had to endure Duke Nukem Forever levels of waiting and No Man's Sky levels of blind faith,a when in actuality this game is nowhere near the levels of either.

CIG has made plenty of mistakes, but the facts that have been stated again and again suggest the project is overall on schedule and moving along at a satisfactory pace.The only reason things have been "delayed" is because CIG has been overly optimistic with their dates, one of their worst mistakes they keep repeating. If we pretend that CIG never set any dates whatsoever, just said "X will be ready when it's ready" and look at the project objectively, it paints a different story. So before these ex-backers now-detractors fire back at the devs citing delays and lack of progress, they should probably take a hard look at their selves and think if they were ever the type of people to handle this kind of uncertainty and wait in the first place. Development is a very hard field to predict and project, and this is not your typical published game.

Do NOT promote that faggot hasgaha

>actual moon without some bulllshhit atmosphere
Where was this taken?

That's Cellin. It's pretty much Earth's moon but with less craters.

Hasn't everyone who was chomping at the bit already spent their 10bux to play it now?

>without bullshit atmosphere
>still has a re-entry effect

>Why I finally gave up
The worst thing about this project is the uppity faggots that it has attracted, that think anybody cares or should care about them. Although that's a problem with the internet in general.

>Why would you think that?
As bad as it is, I think that would have to be a priority. I have played plenty of alphas, none of them have been this bad on framerate. I don't know how people play this and think it's ok.
>It's like you don't remember how rough 2.0 was
I do remember 2.0, I think most people remember it worse than it actually was in comparison. 2.0 was buggy shit, but you could muddle through and actually play the game functions that were there, now the framerate is worse and the game is way less playable with all the UI baggage and this is somehow better.
How many more are just "patiently waiting", and "CIG can take all the time they need" faggots who will be the first to [CONCERN] post when they actually play 3.0 for themselves?

>plenty of alphas
Not him. Were they alphas? Or glorified betas? There's an important distinction as in the last decade or so alphas that were feature complete with no bugs were being put out as glorified stress testers and betas as temporary marketing demos.

>But he acts like we've had to endure Duke Nukem Forever levels of waiting and No Man's Sky levels of blind faith,a when in actuality this game is nowhere near the levels of either.
Bro's........... is that the reason Half-Life 2 episode 3 / Half-Life 3 still hasn't been announced? Gaben is obsessed with feature creep???? Right???????? Guys???????

Gaben is too busy sharpening his knives in his knife room. Everyone else is too afraid to go in there and ask him if they can release, they just leave freshly cooked hams outside the door every morning and evening to keep him from leaving the office to hunt his meals.

No, Half Life is dead because they've realized they don't need to make video games any more to make money. They're just sitting on Steam/Hats/Knives/Lootboxes cash and occasionally making some updates to steam. Why do you think so many of their lead writers left? They literally had nothing to do because Valve's corporate culture requires you to convince team members to actually work on a project.

Just going down my library list, and I know these are not directly comparable, but these games were marketed or available as early release alpha and played at an acceptable framerate.
Ark
Astroneer
From the Depths(except when the physics got retarded, and even then it recovered)
Hellion(was really shit early on, now it's ok)
PUBG(100+ players and it's good enough to be the top game)
Space Engineers(not great, but pretty good compared to SC)
That's a quick list with stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting, but the point is, nothing else out there marked as early access is playing in the teens for framerate, and CR said this was the start of the early access part of the game.
Not my description, that all CIG.

>Ark
>Astroneer
>Space Engineers
I'm familiar with all of these games. The first two I do not own personally, but have played them. Both games have pretty awful performance. I remember ARK especially people were running at 20 some FPS for a long time. Space Engineers I own and the last patch I played the performance was also pretty shitty.

These things.... they take time.
No......... it can't be true...........
In all seriousness though pretty sure the project was canned when Laidlaw left anyway.

Ark was only shit early on, they got the performance up pretty quick, at least where it didn't interfere with the game.
Spengies was super shit in the earliest versions. It's a wonder that game works at all.
Both of them stomp SC on framerate and playability, and SC doesn't have the player count to justify the shitty lag at this stage compared to almost anything else.
After playing SC, fucking Arma 3 looks amazingly smooth.

You had one job.

'Threadly' reminder that Star Citizen will have it's commercial release before Half Life 3 is announced

>ARK, performance up pretty quick
As far as I'm aware it took them until about half a year before "release" to actually fix the frame rate. I specifically remember people being ecstatic that the game would no longer run at sub 30.

The clock is shit in the morning, barely slept 5 hours and I'm in pain
Now shit the bed over the fact that CIG are gonna fucking bother to release the FAQ regarding the Hawk/Hammerhead on fucking WEDNESDAY and not while the fucking anniversary sale was about
Fucking "marketing team", SPONGEBOB COULD DO BETTER MARKETING AT THIS POINT!

way to fuck it up

>120+FPS max players Star marine
>120+FPS max players AC ffa
*smacks lips*
nice.

Have some insufferable normie fucks:
youtube.com/watch?v=6GusFP-JTo8

>"there will only be one Bengal in the PU"
"Advocacy and various police patrol the system ceaselessly and the navy dockyards in Earth’s orbit are home port to no less than five Bengal-class carriers and at least one is drydocked at any given time."
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/13014-Galactic-Guide-The-Planet-Earth

>unironically believes the shit the lore team pisses out is gonna be visually presented in-gayme
>unironically takes anything from before 2016 as 'still being a thing'
Goy.... they've altered the 'deal' so many times that I stopped giving a shit, I don't even pray anymore

Not to mention the game world has shrunk so much now that actual "exploration" on a planetary scale is impossible. How exactly are thousands of players going to "explore" a couple hundred systems?

Back to hoping E:D gets good.

Jet packs?

>now that actual "exploration" on a planetary scale is impossible

huh

>fag4thefaggod reference removed
>totally made up events added (IP rights risk, refund cascade, stealth downsizing)
>theory crafted future events
holy shit derek, my HULL-E could fly up your colon without even touching your sphincter (that is if the HULL-E was flyable[)/spoiler]

not sure if you're in the ptu cool kid club or not but regardless of the lack of content there is to find on the moons, i assure you the act of traversing the entire surface of one moon to where you have visually inspected the entire surface is extremely time consuming

also you're ignoring the part where "Exploration" was never about exploring planets at all, but retrieving dynamic jump point locations and other profitable information. you can go far, and scan hard. knowing where [asshole pirate gang of players who has been ravaging a smaller trading org for weeks] hides out and stores all their stolen shit is valuable information that people would pay for.

planets are obviously going to be one and done exploration that anyone and their dog can do in an aurora MR, if CIG manages to hide an easter egg for more than a few days after it gets in the game, something is fishy

It could be a random event, or maybe timed "when the stars are right" sort of deal.
Is orbital mechanics still a thing? I remember hearing something about it years back, but it might just be /scg/ getting too excited

That's why you shut down your ship after disembarking.

But retards feel the need to keep the power and engines on at all times....

You are stupid if you think ED way of cataloguing planet is any interesting.

ED:
>jump in system
>get close to planet just to know if it have water
>press a button and scan
>go back to get money
>repeat 1000times never feeling you had fun or accomplished anything

SC, even years after release:
>travel in system
>get close to scan for more data
>bookmark nice mining place to sell
>go to the marker you bought from an npc about a crashed ship
>discover another one on the way, get info about lost cargo
>land and ready your vehicle to reach that place too bumpy to land on
>friend spam inside npc to help you
>discover the planet get very very hot during the day, race to the ship to change armor
>take sample out of the fauna and flora
>capture an animal to sell to a zoo and take seed from plants
>finally reach the wreck, it's buried, you have more a fight with locals or fauna
>cut open an entrance, you discovers it's a big ship
>take what you can, a friend leave to get his cargo ship and take more
>get more atmospheric data, scan for more resources spot to sell.
>see a resources patch of something extremely rare
>plant a land claim
>leave the planet
>go sell your discovery and register your claim, sell it to a mining org.
>had fun all the way

They've talked recently about planets rotating but I haven't heard anyone mention about revolutions any time recently.

Planet orbit and rotate yes, but your ship don't have to get into orbit, you just float past a certain height

who are you quoting?

>Planet orbit
[citation needed]
Obviously rotate is in due to the day/night but I haven't heard from anyone in 3.0 that the planets are orbiting the sun or the moons the planets.

don't forget
>no more 'Mass effect Andromeda soar'
>no more 'Idris is hangar ready' after SC died

>wejustdontknow.txt

youtube.com/watch?v=NGzDI2wUqf0
>7m30
You can see a orbit speed parameter
It's set at 0 but another happy hour discussed what would happen if they put two planet on a collision course (I think the answer was just it would crash the game)
Other than that I don't know if they won't drop it for balance reason, it would be a pain to calculate the shortest route to a spaceport

its been months and the idris still isn't in the game
just more bullshit out of CIG where they pretend they have more done then they do for cons and shows

So they have talked about it and maybe even just started the very early stages of designing it.
So when you said "Planet orbit and rotate yes" (notice the present and not future tense) that was false?

they don't orbit yet, they just rotate for now

Ground combat NPCs when?

Want to run into a group of pirates patrolling the surface of the moons

I can't find the happy hours where they create a system in real time, so consider it's false for now.

>But you should know that about yourself before you pledge 7 fucking thousand dollars to a game that was obvious it would most assuredly be delayed even from the original Kickstarter.
This general has no self-awareness.

youtube.com/watch?v=AWejQe52WzY
I'm still looking through it for quote
youtu.be/AWejQe52WzY?t=1891
"can you adjust the speed of the orbit"

Moon at leastlook like to rotate, or we would never have eclipse

when will CIG admit they want to future-proof for VR and be forced to redesign the engine from the ground up to justify adding another few years to development?

>torpedo can't turn back around
Since when?

So again, some early concept mock ups have been started but nothing that is even close to in game. Again: So when you said "Planet orbit and rotate yes" (notice the present and not future tense) that was false?

>steals your safespot

So out of curiosity.
What kind of stuff could the Herald steal?
And what benefits would ingame voip have over external programs to enable the use of listening in.

No idea lol. I hope that it allows it to hack previously save spots by other players. That would be funny.
>their outposts, etc

>What kind of stuff could the Herald steal?
The money from the wallets of whales.
Don't kid yourself, it'll have basically no well thought out features ingame except quests with a different name.

>"Transport this carg.... I mean 'data' to X system."

Ever played eve? You could save your current coordinates for future reference in a list, like a collection of personal waypoints if you will. If the so called "information hacking" involves this and it can actually be stolen the ship has idd value.
If not then its garbage.

>"Transport this carg.... I mean 'data' to X system."
Kek.
I also imagine you could intercept such transports I guess.

>although the hacking game is probably made outside of the pilots seat, which sucks

>ganks your fighter unseen

Sandi Gardiners tits

So what can this thing do again?

post 'em

it's sneaky and has EMP generators.
It sneaks up to things and disables them, its a crowd control ship, rogue to the hornets warrior.

What's a size 4 missile mean exactly?

Which ship will sneak and fuck fighters then? Hornet ghost?

Sabre, Hornet Ghost is kitted for stealth but its still a hornet. The sabre carries more guns, has a lower sig and harder to hit profile, the Ghosts main draw is being cheaper.

Stealth apart can the sabre win easily against a ghost head on? Or does its defenses give him a chance?
>t.ignorant fag about these

Sabre can win against a superhornet head on. It's a very solid fighter, its only realy drawbacks are cost and a total lack of flexibility. Hornets can at least attach a cargo box if they want, the sabre ONLY shoots things. a stock Ghost the sabre absolutely murders, a fully tricked out ghost would still need to be lucky or a significantly better pilot to win. The non-Super Hornet is slower, less agile, slightly less well armed, and easier to hit from all angles. The super hornet competes with the Sabre by having vastly better shields and armor, but the F7C, R, and S normal hornets are pretty solidly outclass by the sabre. The F7A milspec hornet Shits on all of the above. The $110 Drake Buccaneer Competes with SH/Sabre in Firepower is as or more agile than the sabre, but pays for this minmaxing by having literally no armor and minmal shielding, basically any damage costs you a wing and a gun or two, and a solid bodyblow cripples or kills it.

I always feel compelled to point out that the Gladiator Fighter/Bomber competes at the level of the Sabre and Superhornet as well, not by gunfighting but by hull and shields strength akin to the Superhornet and a Missile load greater than both the SH and Sabre combined.

The Gladius is a budget fighter and its primary draw is expendability and low cost, However it does have a solid missile loadout and it's weapons just got a small buff, going for 3xS2, to 2xS3 and 1xS2

>t.ignorant fag about these
We are all "ignornant" since there is no actual game to test any of this. Don't listen to speculation, he has no idea what he is talking about.

Keep in mind EMP is tricky. If you try to initiate with it, you won't actually disable any ships because remember that EMP hits shields first.
If you try to use it when shields are down, you'll only disable a few ships at most and the fight will be chaos anyway, you may even disable friendlies.

However, if you use EMP with the intention of nuking the enemy's collective shield EHP then you've got a great strategic advantage if you can co-ordinate and exploit it.

starcitizen.tools/Sabre#Weaponry
starcitizen.tools/F7C-S_Hornet_Ghost#Weaponry