Veeky Forums book club thread

Hey guys, I wanted to see y'all wanted to participate in a Veeky Forums book club. If you have interest, answer these questions:

>Do you want to participate?
>How would you like to see it work?
>Would you like a discord server, or just keep the whole thing self contained on the chans?
>What book do you want to read first?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/HfgcvKE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Obviously
We write up long-form reponses to the books then critique them over discord once every 3 weeks or so. We can have a thread once every 3 weeks where we pick a new book decided by a strawpoll with picks by everyone.
>Discord server?
I think that could potentially be fun.
I was thinking some kind of general book on European history, but I'm more interested in other people's input than mine (plz no Mein Kampf).

have a bump

I might be interested...

Sweet dude, any book ideas?

Flight of the Eagle by Conrad Black would be a big read but its been on my list for a while.

I'm into it, I'd suggest starting a discord server and making a post ever time there's a new book choice

Alt-Right book club desu
Ride the Tiger - Julius Evola
or
Lord of the Rings - Tolken

Sounds fun to me. Archaeology and anthropology are my things, but I'd be happy to read pretty much anything, esp. since I can't think of any anthro/arch books off the top of my head that would be good candidates for a book club (pls no Jared Diamond).

Alright, I'll make one now.

There are hopefully going to be some guidelines in place to make sure that many ideological viewpoints are represented, although I'd be open to reading some stuff on the alt-right!

Okee, I made a discord, so please feel free to join and start shitposting.

discord.gg/HfgcvKE

This is a non-expiring discord invite.

I have a huge mega full of Veeky Forums related books I'd be happy to let you guys go through once I finish putting everything into it. I'm sure we could all find something to read, and therefore wouldn't have to have the issue of going out and purchasing the books.

Sounds great dude, thanks! If you want to join the seekrit club, post it in the discord and I can mod you.

I just did my dude, think I'm the only one in here besides you at the moment.

Cool, I gave you a fun color.

>Alt-Right book club desu
When do they do these threads?

>Lord of the Rings - Tolken

gay

Rubicon: The Triumph and Tragedy of the Roman Republic

It's one of the fun history books.

quints decides it, can we get a consensus?

I'm interested.
Would links to pdfs/ebooks be provided?
I think it would make it a lot easier and more accessible. (I'm not poor, but i can't be certain if i could actually find a copy of it).
Oh, that would be grand.

I'm in.

pls no US history. Where do I sign up.

Get on the Discord!

Yes

Strawpoll votes on books, threads made weekly (and potentially some persistent ones in between)

>Would you like a discord server, or just keep the whole thing self contained on the chans?
I wouldn't go on the discord and would personally prefer to keep the main discussion on Veeky Forums, but if other people want a discord then it's not for me to stop them

The Ego and its Own

Also pls let's try not to tripfag too much

It'd be a lot easier on the discord though, you wouldn't have to use voice chat or anything.

My objection isn't because of captain autismo reasons, it's because the only reason I would do this on Veeky Forums as opposed to real life is anonymity.

I can see this being an interesting endeavour if we have anonymity. If it's all discord then it will turn into the same memey circlejerk that all discords born on Veeky Forums do. There's nothing inherently bad about that, but it isn't something I'd be interested in.

Check out the thread I made over here.