/wpsg/ - WoW Private Server General

Dead in three posts edition.

>wpsg guilds
(H) Hades-wow.com - Cataclysm - 1x
(H) Hades-wow.com - Cataclysm - 1x

>Where can I get game clients?
pastebin.com/Dhs0iFbe

>How do I connect to [server]?
1. Register on a private server that hosts the same game client you have.
2. Copy their realmlist URL. This can usually be found on the main page of the website or on their registration page.
3. Look for a realmlist.wtf file in your WoW folder. This may either be in the root folder, or inside Wow/Data/enUS/
4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in a text editor such as Notepad and paste in the realmlist settings of the server. Make sure it starts with 'set realmlist' followed by the realmlist URL.

>I have set the realmlist correctly but it still connects me to XYZ server/says invalid login info.
Make sure your realmlist is correct and not read only.

>How do I stop my client from auto-updating?
• Start the game with wow.exe - not launcher.exe
• Don't use your email for logging in, use your account name.
• Find the patchlist file in your installation and remove it.

DAYS

HOURS

MINUTES

SECONDS

GD Horde guild when?

isnt this general done with wrath? its been the default setting for years now, surely you've all gotten your fill of icc simulators???

it's the peak
any servers post-wrath that aren't at least 5x exp are confirmed DoA

surely you dont mean to be genuine with such a facetious statement

there's a reason retail tanked post-wotlk
a shit game is a shit game there's no changing that

you'll find no disagreement from me but isnt it too much for too long to play a solved puzzle? wrath is good, and it has its merits, but i find it difficult to stomach that someone would willingly subject himself to it for near on 4 years or however long this general has been post 3.0

1x is boring id rather play overplayed content with a bunch of shitters due to the fast leveling rate then do the grind over and over again
once of 1x is enough

i can understand that. playing with the retards here is about as close as any of us could get to recapturing that old magic. i suppose you make a few friends along the way and its a lot more enjoyable to put together a solved puzzle with people you know than people you dont.
taking from your disparaging from later expacs i expect you've played them all? is wrath the only puzzle you see you and your dudes solving or can see yourself hazarding a spoiled venture on some shitbox later down the line?

I'm not really focused on the 'puzzles' of the content solved or unsolved. when you introduce 1x you switch the focus from playing the game for shits and giggles to actually trying and planning. The only time I've seen a fun 1x experience has been with vanilla because the grind is so dull that get groups of people roughly the same level that fuck around. anything post-vanilla gets too repetitive and is generally only fun with increased exp rates

ded

queue for battlegrounds plz ty

time for another day of leveling

so what do you guys do inbetween battleground queues besides manually breathing and blinking?

Quit WoW back during wotlk retail. Thinking of coming back. Should I try Cataclysm or later servers or stick to good old PreCata. What server do you recommend for which expansion?

just come play cataclysm with us, we fun here

we ded here

megaded

Is there literally any point in using a customized ui? Every rank one pvper i see is using almost completely stock ui...

real niggas use the basic ui
nasa ui is for the low rated and roleplayers

why did you start removing the discord from the OP? it's too late, you've already killed the vg thread, just put it back in. hope it was worth it

Are all the clothies ready to get 1shot in hyjal?

I only put the discord in the 1st 2 cataclysm threads I made if you are talking about threads even before that it wasn't me then. I realized that was a mistake since the discord isn't a wpsg discord because of the simple fact that anyone from here can't go in there and create a channel if he wants to start a guild. It's simply Senna's discord nothing more nothing less.
I didn't make this thread though someone else did. Perhaps to put his guild in the OP which is perfectly fine I will include him in the next one as well if he is serious about it.

1x cataclysm leveling from 1 to 85 takes like 2 or 3 days and can be done entirely with scripted "fun" quests instead of grinding.

better to level a pally as ret or prot on hades?

>can be done entirely with scripted "fun" quests
mfw I hate these types of quests and just want to kill 10 mobs for quick exp

tank specs with feral being the exception will always be better for leveling without heirlooms

alright thanks my honky

how's the population on this? are there any low level bgs?
are heroics pre-nerf?

>low level bgs
trust me you dont want to do those but yes they exist and even pop within 5 minutes
population ranges around the 2000ish which is pretty good for a private server

Leveling a holy priest, a rogue, and a marksman hunter through BGs entirely were my only fond memories of cataclysm

did you use the pvp or pve heirlooms?

I had a mish mashed mix of them, and it was just the ones from wrath.

Tauri revival when?

maybe the server should revive itself before the guild does

hows the faction balance at Hades? feels like 60/40 for horde alreeady

75/25 is what it feels like at max level in favor of horde

ded

>(H) Hades-wow.com-Cataclysm - 1x
>(H) Hades-wow.com - Cataclysm - 1x

What's the difference?

one is dead
one isn't

One is alive and the other one has one member in it

I love cataclysm!

What does it mean?

ded

DAY

HOURS

MINUTES

SECONDS

>hearthstone expansion releases the same day as the cata content
fuck me

DAY

HOURS

MINUTES

SECONDS

ded

What the fuck are you on about lad?

GAY

If liking orc butt is gay I don't want to be straight.

This is Yarrick, your lord and savior. Reminder that you are all shit and any guild you retards make will go no where. That is all.

Power Word Chad is admittedly a much better name

everyone after me

D

Why are there two horde guilds?

There aren't. is a guild some one made for themselves and used it to shitpost.

DAY

HOURS

MINUTES

SECONDS

i would resub

cuck

oh yes

I won't be 80 in time what do I do!?

switch to GD horde

Happens when you open map.

>sub numbers are lower post-wotlk therefore everything post-wotlk is bad
This meme has to end.

BC and WotLK were my favorite xpacs since i first started playing the game
Sub numbers are a good example of how the game evolved

Evolved in regards to what?

A worse game

Ok decided to try out cata. Any tips for vanila to wotlk only player? What are the big changes to classes/races? Thinking of rolling hunter. Maybe Rogue.

Tbc is anawful expansion, only wod manage to be even shittier
Wotlk - Cata - Mop is where the game peaked

You practically cannot die while questing as a hunter. Easy mode to 85

>hearthstone

How about PvP?

Unstoppable in the low brackets but fall off only a tiny bit in the higher brackets.

>can't create a jewelcrafting mule cause jew is in the name

>tiny bit

ticklemachines, everyone except maybe warlocks are more dangerous than a hunter past 70

Whats wrong with hunters? They were pretty good in wotlk

so.....do you start at level 1?

What was the polish bc/LK server wpsg used to semi raid on
Not HG btw, it was something.pl.

It was memed as best raid encounters of all.

just remembering for a giggle, im just a vanilla shitter, and am surprised things have gotten worse than when feenix ran the show at 1.12.

theatre of dreams probably

nothing but they go from the top to the gutter at 70 when everyone has bought the brutal set

Assuming I have three Characters with maxed Alchemy in Burning Crusade for goldmaking purposes. Would I make more money learning all three specializations, or is one of them so far more lucrative than the others that I should make all three go in the same one?

Ok then recommend me something that relevant for PVP endgame

Well if you are purely aiming for endgame your best bet is feral druid they are the shadowmourne warrior of wotlk combined with their healer that is either a resto shaman or disc priest. rogue/mage is good as well endgame but both are skill classes. (I don't need some faggot warrior complaining about this ty)

For consistent leveling through bgs the classes that never drop off and are good in every bracket seem to be ret, feral, mage and holy paladin these are ridiculous and can turn bgs at any level.

Was this an old /wowg/ guild?

i think level 80 might even be possible in 2days
I always got stuck with this asshole called sennawins that has been botting since level 10 reported him over 30 times but it won't do anything, shit server ;_;

guild lead doesn't even want to play on his own server LOL?

No idea where he gets the audacity to lead a guild when he does things like this.

Haha, faggot.

ded

1) Correlation does not equal causation
2) Argumentum ad Populum.
I like how /v/ casually pushes high sub numbers in your face with one hand and bashes modern gaming for adding "casual" feature to make games more popular with another.

I'm 74. Any chance I can hit 80 before cata releases if i just spam BGs?

not if you get senna in your bgs

I saw some guy talking about how the 7-10 is a pre event sort of thing so I'm unsure if we will even have cata zones before the 10th
and your question has too many factors with the main one being how good are you? if good then yes

you should go take your autism medicine and sit in your calm down corner if you believe im presenting my anecdotal experience as a researched argument

I had the most fun with my guild during BC and WotLK and then everyone pretty much dropped the game at Cata, which looking at the subs was a common theme

Im above average holy pally, weighed down by years of rust

>holy pally

you cannot lose my man get in there already but don't forget to bring your full brutal set

also don't forget to do specific queue each wotlk dungeon once and do all the quests
leave out violet hold because it has only 1 quest and leave out oculus because sometikmes it bugs and you can't even take the quest, everything else is fine especially nexus it has 4 quests

There's a lot of difference between an MMO which gets most of it profits from player retention and a triple AAA blockbuster which makes profits from initial sales. I think Blizzard took the design philosophy AAA singleplayer use and applied it to an MMO. Which proved to be a massive failure.

The success of pre-cata WoW has to do with balance and moderation of casual and hardcore content. I believe pre-cata was actually much more enjoyable to the average casual player, due to a number of reasons, and in Cataclysm the game was completely redesigned and I think they made some bad decisions, as reflected in it's popularity.

Simply said there was both too much casualization and too much difficulty in Cataclysm. The Cataclysm experience is like you go from one extreme to another. Leveling to cap is brain dead easy but once you hit endgame it was too demanding to most casuals, compared to what they had before, which was free epics in ICC. For an MMO, having a well balanced endgame is very important for player retention.