/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Dolphin_Emu/status/937266328087302144
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k12sv1NXGGuSOY0NhsuONtRCte51GHKdgA7ciL76mBs
engadget.com/2017/12/05/nintendo-wii-gamecube-nvidia-shield-china/
mgba.io/2017/05/29/holy-grail-bugs/
arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/08/accuracy-takes-power-one-mans-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/
mednafen.github.io/documentation/#Section_multicd_games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

emulation is a meme

How is OG xbox and 360 emulation going?

I would have bumped the last one, but captcha's been broken for the last 5 or 6 days.

360 is non existent. OG was showing promise with CXBX Reloaded but of course it's dead.

How come I can't map anything in cemu anymore, controller or key board? When I try and map key board nothing responds. When I try and map my ps4 controller, with and without ds4, it instantly maps key_25 then becomes unresponsive. Yes I'm running as admin. I can use my controller for everything else just fine.

/r/cemu

>December 5th
>still no progress report

Call 911

Why do I get better performance in Cemu and RPCS3 than in pcsx2?

How do fullscreen with correct aspect ratio in bgb? It's either this or stretching.

Forgot to say in bgb.

Why are purple bricks more accurate?

You can pinpoint when the psych holds begin and when they end.

Do we really have to do this every single fucking month?

RetroArch

vita emulator when

Name one vita game worth playing.
you can't

Yes.

Because desmume is garbage

Why are devs such sellouts?

If you get offered a cool job after getting noticed for your hobby project you'd be silly not to take it. Accepting money to shutdown an emulator would be selling out.

Well at least we know why the Android version hasn't been improving for years. It seemed suspicious he's continued to post about LLVM even though he hasn't contributed anything recently.
What other devs mysteriously stopped contributing at the same time though? Delroth, neobrain?

Some of them can't get government welfare, some of them are capable of having a family, etc.

So lads, how's Citra doing? Games good and playable yet?

Beetle psx or beetle psx hw?

In general you want the sw version. The HW version has poor compatibility but it works okay with some games, you should consider it if you want more that 2x internal scaling in some 3D games.

Beetle PSX HW has the software renderer too, just change renderer to software if you don't want GL/Vulkan bugs, problem solved.

No Dolphin progress report. I fucking told you faggots they hadn't made any progress.

Congrats you know how to look at PRs. An impressive skill you have there.

Is the 3570k still the best CPU to buy for dolphin emulation?

I don't know how long it's been since I've browsed this general

Five years?

Did everyone end up moving on to the 4670k these days?

Does desmume core even work? It gave me a crash on pc, tried laptop and it still crashes. Regular desmume works just fine.

P4G
Muramasa Rebirth
Atelier games with extra content
Killzone Mercenacy
Uncharted Golden Abyss

Demon Gaze.
Diva F 2nd.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k12sv1NXGGuSOY0NhsuONtRCte51GHKdgA7ciL76mBs

Xbox emulation is saved.

Any laptops that can run PCSX2 with no slowdown?

Yeah, basically look for anything that doesn't have a low voltage (Intel U) processor.
The low voltage ones would be fine but usually laptops with low voltage processors don't have adequate cooling so they just thermal throttle like fuck.

I applied gba color shader to core in retroarch and this shit still applied to every core. What do and how to make it work only for gba games?

why does nvidia need emu devs?

To shit out their own emulator and sell them to idiots.

engadget.com/2017/12/05/nintendo-wii-gamecube-nvidia-shield-china/

so they're selling non commercial code like all those other shitty android devices? But it's okay because some of those people were the original authors? I thought nvidia discontinued the shield and completely abandoned that market?

Speaking of selling it to idiots...

good luck finding a shield

They need people who are familiar with the low level details of GPU programming. I expect that most modern game devs know relatively little about that, they use pre-made engines and frameworks for the most part.

Emulator devs on the other hand can't usually do that. You have to implement exotic features that don't map nicely with modern graphic APIs or frameworks. You may have to abuse certain functionality to get the result you want. It means that you need to get close and personal with the hardware. Often you even end up using vendor-specific extensions to get better performance or work around limitations, which is why many emulators tend to be picky about the graphic card you use.

This may be a stupid question but emulation for all the main 2D Nintendo systems (NES, SNES, GB, and GBA) are practically fully robust, right? Like between all the different emulators and their accuracy levels, is there anything really worthwhile that can't be emulated on a PC?

mgba.io/2017/05/29/holy-grail-bugs/

arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/08/accuracy-takes-power-one-mans-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/

hot damn

Bad configuration.

It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And I also had it yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

"(insert your CPU's model here) citra" or "(insert your CPU's model here) (insert a videogame's name here) citra" in Youtube, filtered by upload date.
You're welcome.

I tried it through Phoenix and while it ran slower than the main versions, it did work.

Do NOT post that disgusting fat elf anymore user

Post healthy elves instead

Prettiest elf I could find

Emulating Wii U via CEMU 1.11.1, Twilight Princess HD runs very well, but Link's running speed while turning is fucked up? Like, you can make Link run at supersonic speeds if you tilt your controller's stick a little to the left and right.

Anyone else have an issue like that? Game runs at a locked 30FPS.

PS2 emulator when?

Is this show actually good?

Lads, how do I switch discs on mednafen (ps1 game)?

mednafen.github.io/documentation/#Section_multicd_games

>Billy's mom/carer/case worker took his safety mitts off so he could whiteknight dogshit emulators on the internet

So?

Drop a double dog downtown digging double docks.
Faggot.

Helping people isn't a synonymous of autism kid, go back to school.

This

That's nice, Billy. Be nice to your nurse. She works hard to take care of you.

What shaders do you use? I never understood the appeal of crt scanlines they just make most games look darker.

Does PGXP work well with Xenogears?

This is a fun read.

Guess the game.

Super Mario 64

Sub-pixel vertexes yes. Works great.
Perspective correction, last I tried, caused annoying flicker in battles and some corrupt textures. Both in beetle and PCSX-R.
Not sure if that's been fixes since. But it would be nice since perspective correction makes every OTHER 3D aspect beautiful as FUCK.

Alright, thanks for answering, but I have another question, what should I use to emulate it, PCSX-R or Beetle PSX HW? My PC is kinda weak.

epic commits

Would Dolphin be different if he were still alive?

PCSX-R. Beetle is only useful if you have the excess power. Where you just want things to work and sync right, 'My hardware should not have this fucking stutter' tier. Not sure quite where the minimum line is for that though.
Generally speaking, PGXP is supposedly better implemented in PCSX-R anyway.

Alright, thanks for answering.

Are you going to crawl out of the woodwork literally every time someone asks about PS1 emulation, you fucking spastic?

Maybe. Are you going to bitch any time anyone says beetle is useful at all?

Daniel, in future could you keep your insane ramblings under 2000 characters so I can copy paste them here? Thanks.

they're skipping it ignorant retrard

How much does RAM speed affect Cemu performance?
Running a new ryzen system and my 16gb ddr4 3200 are currently locked to 2133 since it's a ryzen and all.

Currently averaging 23-27fps in BOTW and I'm sure my hardware is more than up to par.
Already got the shaders cached and cemuhook should be in there correctly since it's supposed to crash without it I hear.

Would getting those ram speeds up to 2600-2900 give me a solid 30fps in the overworld or is that just where Cemu is at right now?

where the fuck can i buy a usb cord for an xbox 360 controller

>no punctuation to speak of
>"ignorant retrard"
>my comment was posted several hours before they announced on twitter that there would be no report

The third world really doesn't send it's best to this site, does it?

Why the FUCK would you want to? If you're going to buy something anyway, just buy an actually useable controller. You know, with a dpad instead of whatever you could morally call that thing.

angry? :D
and it was posted 2 days ago

because i already have a 360 controller but the battery slots are broken because 2 batteries were damaged and leaked and i dont have a usb connector
yes the d pad is shit but tolerateable

What's insane about that post?

It's not tolerable in any case. ESPECIALLY when you're already buying something else to begin with, the aforementioned adapter.
I'm pretty sure the only ways to get a 3shitty controller working on a desktop computer are a (proprietary) wireless adapter or a separate wired 3shitty controller. Neither of which fit your situation.

Read it the other way. The rambling itself is insane, not the contents.
I don't like the word insane though. It's first and froremost a legal term to redirect punishment from standard legal action to mental facilities.

Why is the stupid shit posted on /r/emulation so much more interesting than the stupid shit posted on /emugen/?

Didn't SP himself always say that "writing emulators" is and useless skill that won't get you hired anywhere?

>nintendo business model
>$60 368p 20fps games and an army of good goyim defending it for free
oh I'm laffin

Better than the route every other business is going for.
Money is fucking easy. Resolution, while nice, isn't absolutely necessary. 30FPS is standard practically everywhere consoles are concerned.
Pirating, hacks, and emulation can fix those eventually.
But cash shops, DLC, lootboxes, and all that shit, are much harder to root out of games. Their essence lingers on no matter what the fuck you do.

it'd probably cost like 1€ if i could find one but no
and 360 controllers work natively on windows and with ´many games so id prefer that

Ar Nosurge, Ys, Utawarerumono, WipEout 2048, Disgaea 3 & 4.
Those would be my two cents.

Nintendo games also have DLC and content locked behind limited availability amiibos.

Adapters usually cost more than 1EUR. And like I said, they don't make official ones due to making a second wired controller instead.
And no, it's not ONLY 3shitty controllers. It's any controller with Xinput support. You can find wrappers for practically any modern controller for that. DS4Windows is absolutely great.

Oh. Well shit. That sucks.
Maybe he's instead referring to the hardware lock that lets them easily create games based on customer loyalty (Which they have in excess) rather than market forces.