pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>News
Crawl tourney starts Jan 5
crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-and-0-21-tournament-release-info

The Temple of Torment v15.2 released
thetempleoftorment.net/downloads/

New Sil fork out.
github.com/sil-quirk/sil-q/releases

ADOM r81 released for free, get it here (!!!includes star sign selection!!!)
adom.de/home/downloads.html

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:
roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants, including slex)

remember to shill your favorite memelike no matter how shitty it is

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ySJ1Z5o8y5w
youtube.com/watch?v=k5eNRgAhHqk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Temple of Torment
Is that the shitty tiles-only game that wants to be turn-based baddiablo? Did it get any better?

>Never made it this far before.
>and I've done 3-rune ascensions before.

Which is it, punk?

Ohayou gozaimasu, /rlg/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The character on the screenshot very obviously has 4 runes, not 3. And I've never done Vaults or Slime before, my 3rd rune has always been abyss.

Actually, that screen doesn't show how many runes you have.
>my 3rd rune has always been abyss.
Unconventional.
Awoo only deserves a lower case u.

buy adom on steam thanks

What are particular "do not engage" /recall/telelevel monsters? In pseudo or R?

I can only write2000 characters in a single post.

And we have only 750 of them.

PCBR dev here.
While I don't have much to bring, I have thought of making some small update. I have some questions though:
>Should R catch up to next/current version of PCB?
>What QoL changes you'd like to see?
>What content in particular you'd want to see? (artifacts, monsters, classes or perhaps unique dungeon?)
>Any other thoughts?
So far I have had ideas for some things, like scroll that once-per-game allows you to remove a non-quest unique.

autoexplore

Hey man! I haven't seen you in ages, so nice to see you and your drawings.

>Should R catch up to next/current version of PCB?
I'd rather not, all the new changes added post-5 like never being able to fully resist paralysis and the overhaul that makes summoners even worser are quite awful. I'm not a fan of the new posion system either.
>What QoL changes you'd like to see?
-R honestly has the best QoL changes of all PCB forks. The hold items and reroll shop are so useful it's unreal. I also really love the runesword start!
One thing, could you look up what changed between hengband's nightmare mode and PCB's nightmare mode? It looks like Hengband's spoilers really aren't up to date because some of the stuff straight doesn't happen. You could re-implement those for pure sadism.

>What content in particular you'd want to see? (artifacts, monsters, classes or perhaps unique dungeon?)
Rember that 1d1 whip with *sharpness* and the club with sharpness? Those were hilarious.
Also, the maladict class needs to be reworked, the spells cap at 5% penalty with maxstats at level 50, plus the healing is really spammable with permacursed items so it might be a feature you added so you don't get infinite 0% healing?
Also alchemists are good, but there should be potion quest rewards for them, since they're incredibly difficult to find and sometimes when you find them they tend to get destroyed before you get to them, it's so annoying!
Explosions is literally a potion of rockets, so you could make that as a super-hard quest.
I'll let you know if I think of something else.

>Any other thoughts?
It's so nice to see you back and working my man!
Do you have an art tag I can follow? I like your designs an awful lot.

This

also you should port a ton more high-end uniques from the other forks
finding tser'villak or whatever the name of the dude was was so satisfying

Sorry, probably not that since it doesn't really work in *band concept. It would work on lower levels, but on higher levels it would turn into "kill self"-button. Besides, PCB has Running, already.

While it is implementable (probably would have to look at Crawls's implementation), dunno if it is worth the effort.

Autoattack I might implement, though!

0.D soon my fellow granaders

Even on higher levels its not that much of a "kill self" button

And it would certainly help people on all the lower level dungeons

uh
I found the tumblr anyway thanks

>it appears that our superiority has lead to some controversy

Animeposter please recommend me an anime that is funny and has cute and sexy girls in it.

Rogueposter please recommend me a roguelike that is good and has cute and sexy succubi in it

Nethack

thank you
which variant

Why would you ever play a variant of nethack

I don't hate myself too much

>adding yourself to the mumo poster
>giving yourself titles
Apocrypha, no wonder the savior left this land behind.

Dck was a faggot who couldn't win a single relevant roguelike anyway. I'm glad he's gone.

Ackthually those titles were given to me by another user and I thought they were cute.

Anyway I'm gonna check if my friend's cool with doing a Dick & Balls style commentary on my MuMo progression tonight, if not probably in a couple days! I'm super excited I just spent the last four thousand turns clearing up the annotation and killing the straggling uniques that were hanging around in the lower branches.

>anime/pony/webcomic/cat/furry/MuMoposter is italian
I should have known.

Anyway as I was saying.

>stab balrog
>poke him a little while he's confused
>when he isnt anymore, pillardance
>vanish OP so he eventually becomes unwary
>repeat
Big crits in Sil are very satisfying

also I was never the animeposter

>every shitposter in arelgee is a yurobro
Can't wait to see what this will be like once Net Neutrality gets removed and burgerfats leave the internet for good.

all the good posters will be gone if that happens

>versus opponent at full hp
this means that the enemy is at full hp and not the demon with the ability right? seems like a "fuck you" ability on enemies and near useless on your allies.

dynahack

dicku is gone already

Biksup is a fucking hack and a jew and his game isn't even fun

yeah it's not fun when you play like a retard and don't even learn anything.

Remove energy randomization.

And bring back the hockey stick.

As someone who has beaten Nethack twice, I find it to be a shitty tedious game. The early game is brutally difficult, and then it becomes rediculously easy as soon as you get a couple wishes (ie. by the time you get to the wand of wishing in the castle). From that point on, it's tedious as fuck (especially the elemental plains), but not difficult. Why do people play this game?

>The early game is brutally difficult
Brainlet detected

Well, most of the cool guys and girls play variants these days for the reasons you mentioned.

Because while the vanilla version might be shit or get boring quickly (see: angband, nethack, etc) thanks to the magic of open source you can make your own variant where enemies throw mana storms at you and hit you with soft shoes in a dungeon 200 times bigger than intended.

slex have same issues

get to slex gehennom and then tell me that it's mindlessly easy

yeah slex is fucking shit and the creator should be drowned in a toilet, but there's better variants.

i don't fucking care if it's easy or not

these threads are fucking terminal

like starcraft 2 levels of bad

it's amazing

Alright, how about posting some actual roguelikes? Here's me rubbing my pet girl.

rub that pony

which one is the best variant?

dynahack of course

I started playing Slash'EM years ago and it was even easier than Nethack. They just added a bunch of shit with no regard for game balance. I played as a doppleganger and once I hit a certain level I could #polyself into whatever I wanted. I got bored and stopped playing.

user in no way I was trying to defend slex
it's a fucking dumpster fire
I'm just saying that vanilla is the backbone and then you can do whatever you want with it
look at sil and PCB, they're both angband variants but they're nothing alike

also look at this cute moth priest

So that's what the heck an almagest is

hey it's all the cool dcss additions that never were
I never thought they were his

I got overexcited at finding a CPA in a character for whom it'd be actually useful. Now I'm thinking I should have saved those scrolls for GDA

Oh

Didn't the guy with the glowing yellow arms make it in?

That's the sprite for the entropy weaver, yes. But he didn't make the entropy weaver's concept.
Still, it's cool that they got his tile in the game.
And the first one was the helmet of atheism or something, like it gave you ton of good stuff but it invoked god wrath from a different god every x turns
the kobold was a kobold cardmancer of nemelex

Nah, first one was crown, can't remember which one - one that offered resistance to torment I think.
Didn't make a sprite for atheism vestments.

3rd one is altar of space/order themed god, fourth is sorta undead support-enemy (has aura that boosts undead and grants them regeneration, including players), kobold champion of nemelex, a ghoul geomancer who would have been at lair (specifically having LRD) and last one was special Abyss-boss with Bolt of Distortion (inflicted warp miscast effects unless you have Statis) and was surrounded by clouds of chaos.

I FUCKED UP

Run you faggot

HOW
also just quaff quickness and exchange places with him dude then run like hell

I didnt pay attention that my inventory is full
I lured him away and now it's time for everyone in the throne to get some new holes

youtube.com/watch?v=ySJ1Z5o8y5w

Is this the time where you try to take down morgoth

>+30 (4-9)
>34 HP
>morgoth has +40 to-hit
>hits for 6d10

How do you not jitter and mutter incontrollaby every step you take
at any moment he can oneshot you

wait, why is he just +20 did something happen
maybe I just remember his stats from when he's buffed to hell and back or when he's lost all his sils

When he lost all Sils he's at +30 iirc
Its when he's low hp that he get crazy I think
Honestly I might try to fight him considering I got Anguirel and Angrist.

Do it user

Do it for us

Do it for /rlg/

Well, this is still several orders of magnitude better than permanently losing my metal pianist's intrinsic magic resistance. Here's a big middle finger to the original dev!

Tell me Amy what do you think about this song youtube.com/watch?v=k5eNRgAhHqk

It's pretty good, but no one is wearing high heels in that video, sadly.

You can do it!

>literally cheating fork
why don't you just make every monster drop thousands of insanely good items and billions of gold while you're at it

Don't give her ideas

The Amy wants to preserve her dignity.

You lost that train a long time ago.
There's only one way now.

>double-wielding sharpness as a dexterous melee elf with riposte
Could it be?
The first morgoth kill of sil-q?

Still Gothmog and a shit ton of troll guards left. Ungoliant was super easy, just go around a corner and she drops aggro instantly for a new stab

You can do it user, don't give up.

The wall in this thread? Yeah I read them, didn't respond. I just put them in .txt and go through when I actually have to start working. Won't be working probably in week or two, maybe I'll do during my holidays?

*sweating*

>elf
Its a Haleth actually

tengu is i you heretic

Hope you can scrounge some better gloves in the throne room
so what's the plan, you swith to "con, the shadow cloak of protection, defiance and galvorn and quaff ALL THE POTIONS when shit hits the fan?
You could also scum the up staircase for new guys that keep coming around

holy shit
EDAIN PRIDE
WORLD
WIDE

oh cool thanks
I haven't played -R in a while, I'll fix that in the passing weeks so I can find anything weird

One thing, the reward for the orc quest should definitely roll back to an elven cloak because a cloak of stealth is fucking lame.

>"do not engage"
anything with shitty drops plus summon spells or enough damage to cost you healing consumables
at low levels, the knights of the round table
>/recall/telelevel
this is a much smaller category:
anything that can oneshot you, especially if it's faster than you or if it's undetectable by telepathy
uniques that can tunnel through walls like Morgoth/Destroyer, if you're not up to fighting them atm.
unmakers

also if you detect a big room of awake powerful enemies, in general you shouldn't panic-tp at all. if you are low hp and need to escape something but there are other awake monsters on the level, it is best to either ?telelevel or ?destruct so you are guaranteed not to put yourself in danger

ABORT
LOW HITPOINT WARNING
So Im too low on consumables, do I make an attempt on Morgoth and forget Gothmog, or use my pots to kill Gothmog and grab 3 Sils?

KILL MORGOTH user

IT'S THE ONLY CHANCE YOU'LL EVER GET

Balrogs are just big softies. Just forget about him, you can take morgoth
Does he like go back to sleep?
Also shouldn't you be singing aule while fighting him?

>fighting gothmog with a robe
you silly billy
of course he slapped your shit in sideways

3d14 means an average of 22 damage on hit with a 0.1% chance he'll roll 42 damage. While wearing RF that means you get 11 damage/hit or a stupidly small chance he'll roll 21. While singing aule you halve that again to 5/hit on average or 10 on a super crit.

Really, he's not that big a deal. If you can't kill gothmog without pots, you can forget even trying to kill morgoth WITH pots since you can't halve that fucker's damage in any way.

OK LETS GO

HE'S DOING IT

EVERYONE HE'S DOING THE THING

So ends my first game of Cataclysm DDA

If you get out of the car and run like hell you could still make it

Is the bonus from assassination applied for both hits or just for the first one?

I don't even know what the hell is going on with those tiles
how am I supposed to understand what monsters you're fighting if I can't discern what kind of monster's trying to rape you