The Autumn of Nations

Can we talk about the revolutions in east/central Europe that occurred from 1989-1992?

I find it fascinating that the Cold War and it's totalitarian regimes were brought down through peaceful resistance over the course of a few short years. Why did this happen? It seems like the end of the Cold War should have been a lot more violent.

Soros destroyed glorious communism so him and his friends could (((invest))) in Eastern Europe.

This guy knows

One of the few revolutions I could get behind
get rekt commies

The quality of Veeky Forums is going down the shitter.

But it's true. /pol/ gets triggered when you tell them Soros financed anti communist groups.

Consider suicide.

Kikes detected
>any opinion I don't like is >/pol/
Do you even know where you are?

>calls people kikes whike unironically shilling fir kikemunism

Apex joj

>haha!! fucking kikes, how dare you disagree with my opinion!

i want to give that kid a hug and a kiss and tell him the kikes will perish from the earth one day :3

Its was both you assclowns that got butthurt when the Jew was named
>>>>/pleddit/

>implying I like kikes

wew lad

Goyim are subhuman animals that will serve the Jew in heaven Adonai willing.

Not so fast rabbi,into the >>>>oven

What happened to this board?

It was largely a series of popular revolutions, motivated by a few key individuals.

cum skins started getting uppity once drumpf got elected

don't worry a new round of janitors are being hired specifically because of this

>needing a safe space
KÊK

didn't knew karachan founder led the revolution tbqh

>peaceful resistance

Gorbachev knew he was failing and he wanted to save face.

reminder Estonia got its independance through singing

Dude have you heard what happend in romania?

>revolutions

It "fall" of the regimes in the East was controlled by Moscow and was in accordance with the US.
Basically the Soviets realized the system was too costly and inefficient so they allowed the great "change" to happen in the satellite countries.
They ordered the leaders and the controlled oppositions "anticommunist" groups to kiss and make up on tv.
They changed the economic system while the same elites kept the real power.

>USSR was the only country in Eastern Europe
When will this meme end

This. In Czechoslovakia the communists never left, they weren't jailed or expelled, they just pretended to change sides and they rule Czech republic and Slovakia to this day.

The only country that actually got rid of commies was Romania iirc.

Bump

>They changed the economic system while the same elites kept the real power.
That's a hyperbole. Former commie elites have limited chances of getting to power.

It's actually 11 million.

>Johnny
>John
Isn't this Jewish name?

Retarded 20 year olds overthrow their goverments and set their nations to further decline. And add on top of that they're the 2nd class whores of the EU now.

The Eastern Bloc had simply become too much of an economic liability to the soviets who were already going down the shitter. So when the soviets abandoned the policy of military intervention the puppet governments quickly disintegrated.

It is true, you triggered fuck, Soros spent his whole life funding anti-communist groups and propaganda campaigns such as radio free Europe.

/pol/acks are therefore fucking weird accusing a man spending his whole life being anti- communist destroying Europe by "promoting communist beliefs" or whatever.

Ironic really, the west loves capitalism for so long as it doesnt bite their asses.

rather a safe space than another shithole ;)))

>The only country that actually got rid of commies was Romania iirc.

Nope. In Romania Caucescu (spelling?) got killed by other commies.

The only country that really almost entirely marginalised former Commies was Germany. And that was because they had imported their new elites from West Germany.