/owg/ - Overwatch general

>The Winter Wonderland 2017 event will start on December 12th and last until January 2nd
>(if the leak is correct)
>Blizzard World is still on the PTR -- go check it out if you're on PC
>Those new Blizzard-themed skins (Nova Widowmaker, Protoss Orisa, etc.) come out sometime in January of 2018

>A new hybrid map, "Blizzard World," is available for testing on the PTR
>Live release is projected for "early next year"
youtube.com/watch?v=Ii3Hce3_fOw

>The new offensive healer, "Moira," is now available in all modes
youtube.com/watch?v=8tLopqeL9s8
youtube.com/watch?v=6ETybQd4uRE (origin story)

>Latest animated short, "Honor and Glory"
youtube.com/watch?v=sQfk5HykiEk
youtube.com/watch?v=OOhvSKCfCTQ (behind the scenes)

>Latest comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/junkrat-the-return-of-junkenstein

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21275367
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14557772
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for moira mains

Prev

Does the Genji seathing animation cancel not work anymore or am I doing it wrong?

>Tfw just made top 500
What's your excuse? Remember you have to be 4100+ to post here.

This Gremlin thread nao

FUCK

I WANT A REINHARDT SKIN THIS CHRISTMAS

Lena Oxton is a cute TOMBOY and I love her!

They removed anim cancels from everyone except Winston, for some reason.

Yeah I know that, but it used to work even after they removed the old genji combo right? Or did they also remove that with it?

No, they flat out confirmed that the "young man" isn't Reyes.

What's the lewdest Soe you have? owo

∞st for reaper is a pedophile

definitely doing it wrong
dash as the blade ends not during the animation, it wont work if you do it too late

Hey, I just started playing the game recently, is there any set amount for how much hp each little bar is or does it depend on the hero? It seems like it's 25 from the low hp heroes but I don't want to count the high hp ones.

Which man would you marry /owg/?

strawpoll.me/14557772

Winston not included, you aren't allowed to marry a monkey

He looks reeaally old in that picture though, so the picture must be pretty fresh (look at his hair, it's identical to his current hair, and young Jack sports pretty '' full '' blonde hair). And I really doubt that the person next to him is Reyes, Reyes is not that light-skinned.

And another thing, it's not very clear whether he is using his Overwatch outfit OR the Commando outfit in the picture. I'm leaning towards Commando.

I seriously doubt it's Gabe next to him, no way.

Remember to watch OWL on MLG.tv :^)

It's probably the commando outfit. Uprising confirmed that's a canon outfit he used in SEP.

In terms of skin tone and age you need to look at the rest of the comic, hell that panel. Ana and Jack have the same skin tone in that comic and we both know that's hilariously wrong. That along with other errors and that picture "appearing" to be sepia toned means that skin tone is irrelevant because you just don't know what it could actually be. And the picture is a thumbnail, it could be his young hair just as much as his balding. Hell, his hairline is different in every comic he's in and that's because of the rotation of artists we've had. I'm not saying it couldn't be his older hairline but you can't really tell definitively because of multiple reasons.

Sorry, it was just Tracer. Unless you want to post proof.

>tfw almost 2018
Gib me the Novamaker

Do you think that the current pattern of a hero every 4 months is fine?
I don't think it is, considering that there is so much more variety in dps heroes than tank and support, and that even if the next heroes would only be tank and support, it would still be years before the roles are balanced out.

>Sorry, it was just Tracer. Unless you want to post proof.
I read it myself, it's from months ago. Don't be an asshole about it.

Just did it now, still need to practice it a bit I guess, it doesn't work with deflect though, the sheathing animation just cancels the deflect

D.va

the game needs balance updates and tuning, not GIBS ME NU THING

How do I climb? I just hit diamond but I'm not good.

Also when does Overwatch League start? It's technically the 6th in Scotland atm. It's not on the front of Blizzard Launcher or Overwatch Main Menu.

22h from now on

>Fixed an issue that prevented D.Va’s Micro Missiles from destroying breakable objects
>Fixed a bug that prevented Doomfist’s Rocket Punch from destroying breakable objects

correct
you can do it with wallclimb though

Just post it user. I'm not asking anything difficult. I can post the comment about Tracer. Otherwise I'm not inclined to believe you.

get this underage alien lookin ass outa here

It starts right here
*unzips dick*

Really? I'll be trying that out, seems a bit harder to time it though

Based Blizzard trying to kill OWL before it even starts.

Do you play on PC or console tho

I replied here

I'm excited to play Mei Snowball Offensive again.

Did they nerf Mercy's shift or something? She seems slower. It's not a bad nerft.

>pre season
Nothing of value was lost

lul

PC. I just got it on PS4 though. It runs like shit and plays like shit. How am I supposed to do anything? This seems 100% harder.

>excited to play worst mode
kek

can i just directly launch the game without having to go through the launcher

>go to twitch
>demand large sum of money for exclusive streaming rights to your floundering esports league
>get laughed out the door
>FINE ILL MAKE MY OWN STREAMING SITE
>AND ILL HIDE THE VIEWER COUNT TOO

what a fucking joke

god please let them keep this up

um.........overbabs?

What's your PS name? I might carry you

rewatching old MGS cutscenes, why is sombra literally mistral?

>Just post it
The average person doesn't walk around collecting sources for other people, idiot.

I'll regard further responses as trolling.

please don't insult mistral like that

how dumb

Didn't Blizzad already kill their Starcraft Esports scene once by pulling this kind of shit?

while I'm sure you are right about the skintone argument, everything else feels like a stretch. we have so many pictures of younger Jack and Gabe, together and apart, and neither of those designs fit the pictures designs. Jack looks old and has the hair that he currently has, and this alleged Gabe looks like a twink, sporting some spiky hair nonsense with no facial hair. Not to mention '' Gabe '' looks shorter than Jack, but aren't they the same height? I guess I'm reaching now, as well.

His hair varies a bit every comic, but from Uprising to the Christmas Comic, his hair has been relatively the same

Junkenstein comic #1 is pre-Genji-Tracer-Winston, where Jack has quite blonde hair and it still has some volume.

Uprising comic, his hair is loosing it's color and volume.

Ana comic, his hair is basically where it is now. Same goes for Old Heroes and the Christmas comic.

If I'm correct about the timeline of the comics, it's been pretty gradual balding and graying with Jack. Gabe has looked the same forever.

So I really doubt it's Gabe next to Jack in that picture.. it would be really, really weird that Jack would look so old and his hair would look the same as it does now, and Gabe would have a completely new design we haven't seen.

I'm not even 25 yet >_

Didn't Mistral have zero personality and character motivation? She didn't even fit into the philosophical warrior poet thing that Metal Gear is supposed to have.

What could go wrong

Tracer's smile is a miracle of the universe. Winston understands this, and has dedicated his life to protecting it.

I meant visually, but yeah, she was pretty throwaway in the backstory dept

>E-sports
Lmao

I just got a patch, anyone else?

Epic

Im new and this is the direction I've travelled so far. Should I end myself?

>Bug fixes

Yeah as soon as I saw them say they fixed him punching people into walls and them not taking damage I went on to try it

First two people I punched into walls with full power punch didn't take the damage

Going by that they made it worse, but as I kept playing it seemed like it's the same as it ever was.

>hitbox is still too small to hit the railings
lmao

>that last picture
Gave me a good laugh.

Anyway, I'm just pointing out that you can't say how old he is definitively. In terms of height, if two people are the same height and you're trying to put your arm around that way someone has to bend over a little, especially if it's around the neck like that otherwise you can't reach around.

And we've actually never seen when they first met. The closest are the commando sprays and that's not even their SEP uniforms. Maybe that's from very early Overwatch? Like, when they were still shutting down the omnic factories Overwatch. We don't know. But it's entirely plausible Gabe sported a retarded haircut without a beard as a young 20 something year old.

why do you play fps games?

I'm finally about to rank up guys. I'm finally about to be SILVER

Branch out

for fun and this is the first one ive ever played on pc

wake up before it's too late, you don't have to babbysit other 5 retards. If you want to play dps but the team already has 5, do you think having a single tank/healer willl do something?
Just fucking pick what ever you want, also orisa is not bad right now

I think I'm just bugged

>Mercy playtime
yes, end it

>If you want to play dps but the team already has 5, do you think having a single tank/healer willl do something
a good chunk of those orisa wins are when ive reluctantly tanked because the team was already full of 5 dps heroes and the gravity thing is an excellent way to help those kill hungry twats out

>Competitive Overwatch
Post yfw

I really loved Metal Gear Rising but it did some unforgivable things

>Can't play as Blade Wolf in his final form
>The game itself is responsible for Genji

I've started to abuse Genji though and it's pretty silly how you can steal games from people. I wouldn't mind if Blade Wolf inspired a cool AvP2 style Omnic character that was some sort of Talon assassin bot that clung to walls the whole time.

>Didn't Mistral have zero personality and character motivation
So yea, Sombra

Dva missiles actually work

STOP BULLYING DOOMFIST

im telling you
you will burnout
do whatever you want
have fun

Sombra has tons of personality and we know her character motivation, she wants power and to rule the world.

Instead of flooding the lootboxes with shitty sprays I wish they did it with skin recolors.

maybe something like a variant of the null sector cat-things? Like Maximiliens personal guard bot or something

already starting to burn out, though practicing doomfist, mei and bastion in the arcade has been a blast

thanks for the kind words though

>PTR update
what changed this time?

I wish sombra was a proper healer/support so I could play her.
Hitscan healer when?

what should I buy /owg/?

>Sombra has tons of personality and we know her character motivation, she wants power and to rule the world.
two wrongs and a right

OH NO NO NO NO NO
*inhales*

game is finally playable

none of them, what the fuck is wron with you? all of those are ugly as shit.

a hooker, user.

Why does Blizzard think the people that watch and play their games are chads, Overwatch sweatpants when

don't pretend like you don't want that london spitfires t-shirt